Rogers

Rogers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
horrible experience
wireless department (Former Employee), north yorkNovember 21, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: shifts until 1am
I remember being part of the training for 4 months. Big personalities in therd. It started off great and got harder. The management were rude to me for no reason because i wasn't smart enough on the exams that were given to me. Was given chances, yes.The management left me out of the training group and did not set up ID information for me to take inbound – more... calls instead i had to sit with other trainers and listen to their calls until they me let me go. Was being laughed at, made fun of. But lets get real, noone is perfect and they arent either. Let them act like kids!! – less
Poor management
Wireless Care (Former Employee), AtriaNovember 21, 2014
Pros: training is fun
Cons: bad work environment
Recently worked for rogers wireless (atria) care team during the summer of '14. I quit bc my manager was clueless as to how to manage the team. Ruling with an "iron fist" mentality. Let me tell you, we started with 20 new hires and after 2 months all that remained from that was less than half and counting. Pay is low and customers are very difficult – more... and challenging ( I believe it's due to the high turn over rate of customer service reps which lead to many mistakes and incorrect solutions ). If this job is what you want then so be it, but for me it was a waste of time and a bad experience. – less
Great experience
Senior Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2014
Pros: top tier technology, large budgets and big ideas
Cons: big place, hard to make an impact
Led and managed the rebuild of Sportsnet.ca, Citytv.ca and Citynews.ca
Managed multiple digital projects for web and mobile for many Rogers brands including CityTV, Maclean's, Canadian Business,Today's Parent, Flare and Chatelaine.
Productive and different situation handling
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free break
customer handling.
Good customer Service
Work with confidence.
Awesome co-workers
everyday get something new experience to learn
Fun Place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONOctober 22, 2014
Great place to work, People were great. Manager was always trying to help get extra money in our hands
Productive and Collaborative Team
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), 1000 saint-Antoine , Montreal-QcOctober 20, 2014
Pros: productivity, collaboration, coaching & regular meetings and friendly atmospher
Cons: working during the weekend
In addition to the Team Leader each team had a team coach who provided additional support and technical knowledge to the agents. team coach sat beside each and every agents once a week listening to their calls and gave them some hints to improve their performance. Sometimes , agents got asked some questions to make sure they are up to date with new – more... rules and promotions posted in Rogers website . so, in this way you never got that job monotonous and boring and you always had something new to learn. – less
Telemarketing
Customer Sales (Former Employee), North YorkOctober 18, 2014
Pros: make your own shifts
Cons: repetitive work
Calling customers and informing them about the benefits of Rogers digital home phone. Convincing them to switch, and letting them know of discounts of bundles of having more than one services with Rogers.

Hourly wage and commission.
Telemarketing
Customer Sales (Former Employee), North YorkOctober 18, 2014
Pros: make your own shifts
Cons: repetitive work

Hourly wage and commission.
Working at Rogers as a Customer Consultant as well as a Moves Concierge Agent
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBOctober 9, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of being there 15 minutes prior to my work shift. Making sure that all my systems are up and running, and being ready to take calls at the start my shift.

What I learned with this job, is dealing with customers who are very upset and to make sure that I can do my job as well as have a happy customer as I ended my call. – more... Multitasking is also another asset that I gained.

Hardest part of my job is not having the face to face connection with my customers.

I love helping people and I love being good at what I do – less
Cutting edge technology resulting in very interesting projects.
Solution Manager (PM/BA roles) (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 3, 2014
Great people, great environment and a lot of interesting projects to work on. I would definitely recommend Rogers as a place to consider when seeking employment.
Network Operations
NETWORK OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Awesome company, management and team. A lot to learn and for those who want to move fast - this is a place to be. Management is supportive and enables people to dream.
Great place to work, good working environment
Telephone Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), 1430 Blair PlaceSeptember 17, 2014
a typical day at rogers for me was answering phone calls about various inquires, anything from adding a new services to general inquires about our services and prices. I've learned that it takes a lot of thinking on your feet and solving issues quickly. My manager was great, helped me answer questions that i didn't necessary know how to respond to. – more... The hardest part of my job was dealing with customers that were very angry and upset about charges on their bill that they were not aware of. the most enjoyable part was talking to people about our services and how it can benefit they daily life, sometimes when i am to explain things to customers in a way that they understand they are very appreciative and it makes me feel good that i was able to help. – less
Management is terrible
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management, ridiculous targets
It should be a great place to work well at least that is what most people think but think again the benefits are nice and getting 50 percent off of your services but you know what the management sucks the manager needs to stop being so rude the sales targets the expect are ridiculous the company thinks their prices are amazing but in reality the are – more... not and management is always hammering you for not hitting your targets but sometimes no matter what you do people just don't want to buy stuff – less
Great intrinsic value in being an authorized dealer
Authorized Dealer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2014
Pros: entry level
Cons: little advancement
A typical day at work included meeting customers and advising them on the latest Rogers mobile products and accessories to assess their specific needs. As it was a small branch, I often had few coworkers so I would primarily assist customers and interact with the manager. The most enjoyable part about being an authorized dealer is how thankful the customers – more... would be for helping them beyond the sale of goods. An example of this would be setting up an email for them or installing Bluetooth in their car. – less
ok place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 31, 2014
• Provided legal and administrative support to two lawyers
• Prepared legal documents including pleadings, petitions, memoranda and correspondence
• Performed legal research using Westlaw and Lexis/Nexis
• Recorded and monitored court appearance schedule
• Tracked and recorded billable hours for each case
• Prepared litigation reports, trial notebooks – more... and subpoenas – less
upbeat company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), BramptonAugust 19, 2014
Pros: 50 % off rogers services
Cons: no flexibility in hours
Day to day answering phone calls from customers,dealing with complaints and inquires, selling products and meeting call times. Working at Rogers was fun, they always had team building activities and training of new processes and technology.
hectic working place but fun with lots of smart people
DIRECTOR NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT & IMPLEMENTATION (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2014
Pros: high tech and fast pace
Cons: executives are too prescriptive and do not listen to their base
Balancing different priorities at the same time.
Big company requiring lots of interactions with cross-functional representatives.
great people and fun but productive environment
Material Coordinator/Handler (Former Employee), saint john new brunswickJuly 16, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: no job security, no medical, low wages
loved this job but could nor survive on the salary or without benifits
Rogers/ Beyond Wireless
Store Manager (Former Employee), collingwoodJuly 11, 2014
Pros: deal on rogers services
Cons: company sold
Good hours
Good pay structure
Great perks
constant support
good training
Not for everyone!
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, incentives, commission, meet great people, training
Cons: not family friendly hours, abusive customers, glitchy system
I started at Rogers because I needed a job to help support my family. I just wanted it to be temporary, but apparently the job market isn't great!

Training was fun and mindless. 8 hours of sitting in a room, playing scattergories and other pointless but fun stuff. Boring fast tracks on the computer that don't really help you once you start on the phones. – more... I made some great friends in training!

Once on the floor, you get lots of support but waiting for someone to answer your question while you have a customer on hold is horrible.

9/10 you get irate customers who just want to yell at anyone (they will even tell you this on the call), looking for credits, claiming they don't use data but are always over. Most are behind on their bills but you're still expected to try to make sales. Lots of pressure!

Pay is decent if you don't mind getting yelled at for the majority of your work day. Benefits are good but expensive for family.

I'm from an office background and while Im ok with dealing with customers I couldn't take the stress and hated the sales aspect.

You start out with great hours, Mon to Fri and days then it starts to get worse... weekends and evenings (3-11pm). Work-life balance? What's that?! As a mom, I found the hours and days did not work for me.

During ICU, my daughter was sick and my husband wasn't able to miss work, so I called in. The next day I get a "letter of discussion" and get told that my husband "needs to step up" by my trainer. I was very unimpressed with her comments.

You are allotted 6 sick days but mind you for every 22.5 hours you miss you are put on a "step" that prevents you from bonuses and raises. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Rogers

Rogers Communications Inc. is a diversified Canadian communications and media company engaged in the telecom and media business. – Read more