Rogers

Rogers Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not for everyone!
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, incentives, commission, meet great people, training
Cons: not family friendly hours, abusive customers, glitchy system
I started at Rogers because I needed a job to help support my family. I just wanted it to be temporary, but apparently the job market isn't great!

Training was fun and mindless. 8 hours of sitting in a room, playing scattergories and other pointless but fun stuff. Boring fast tracks on the computer that don't really help you once you start on the phones. – more... I made some great friends in training!

Once on the floor, you get lots of support but waiting for someone to answer your question while you have a customer on hold is horrible.

9/10 you get irate customers who just want to yell at anyone (they will even tell you this on the call), looking for credits, claiming they don't use data but are always over. Most are behind on their bills but you're still expected to try to make sales. Lots of pressure!

Pay is decent if you don't mind getting yelled at for the majority of your work day. Benefits are good but expensive for family.

I'm from an office background and while Im ok with dealing with customers I couldn't take the stress and hated the sales aspect.

You start out with great hours, Mon to Fri and days then it starts to get worse... weekends and evenings (3-11pm). Work-life balance? What's that?! As a mom, I found the hours and days did not work for me.

During ICU, my daughter was sick and my husband wasn't able to miss work, so I called in. The next day I get a "letter of discussion" and get told that my husband "needs to step up" by my trainer. I was very unimpressed with her comments.

You are allotted 6 sick days but mind you for every 22.5 hours you miss you are put on a "step" that prevents you from bonuses and raises. – less
A very high-energy, performance-oriented environment with great rewards and job satisfaction.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pickering, OntarioJuly 2, 2014
This is what my typical day at work looked like:

• Worked in an inbound call center answering billing inquiries for cable, internet, home phone, and wireless customers
• Resolved billing issues
• Upsold additional services, plans, and upgrades for all the services
• Educated customers about new promotions
Fun to work with Management.
TECHNICAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee), TorontoJune 27, 2014
I really liked working with Rogers. Great people and Great Work Culture.
Rogers
Manager on Duty/C.S.R (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2014
Pros: free dvd rental and discount in wireless products.
Cons: long hours
Rogers was the beginning of learning how to deal with customers inquiries in a professional fashion. I had to deal with many customers at once and in a fast base environment. The stuff were great to work with and the management were concern about their employees needs.
Do.Not.Do.It
Care and Sales Agent (Former Employee), OntarioApril 20, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, co-workers
Cons: management, everything else
Where to start.....
When your new, your treated like GOLD. Training is fun and for 2 months.
Your manager welcomes you on the floor and makes you feel welcomed by your new team. About a month goes by then BAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM. B.S starts.
Managers don't care about you as a person. They have these elevated pods where they sit like they are "above you" They – more... sit there and harass you daily but never when something is good, only the bad. Im pretty sure that They look for the bad because the managers get bonuses when they get people on the team in trouble. Messed up right? There are 4 managers on each station. They order food and hang out and play music, they don't do anything unless its pooping on you. This is truth..I'm warning you all!
You have these completely irrational sales targets and they have the real sales calls filter through to the agents who are top sellers, but that comes with years of working there.
They don't care if you have a family or kids, if you have appointments or a wedding coming up I was told I would be fired if I went to my brothers wedding!!!!!!!! I needed the job so I had no choice but to miss his wedding day...makes me SICK. When your new, trust me when I say this: YOU WILL BE WORKING 4 TO MIDNIGHT.
Again, they could care less about your family life or health.
This place is toxic and negative. Dont believe me?? Apply, get the job and work here, you will see....cant say I didn't warn you.

Many of us who have worked there for 5+ years have left and are still leaving....why do you think they hire classes of 12+ people every two months...should tell you something.

Good Luck – less
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEApril 16, 2014
1-The job requires extensive us of persuasive skills and communication skills in order to successfully communicate with the Rogers Customers.

2- Another important job duty for this particular job is resolve the open customer cases with in a given time line.

3- Need to be comfortable with computers and good at learning new soft wares. The job also – more... requires you to be able to work under stressful situations (during unhappy customer calls). – less
Advantage Personelle
Recruiter (Former Employee), Moncton NBApril 4, 2014
Pros: paid and experience it gave me
Cons: none it was contract work
I only was on contract their for 2 weeks so not much answer phones, conducted screening for jobs, interviewed used system to enter info. Basic office work and making quick decisions as this is placement agency and things are very fast paced, which I loved. The management and staff I didn't know long but they treated me great and felt like I was working – more... for them longer. I loved what I did as recruiting is apart of Human Resources and that what I went to school for only wish needed a permanent person. – less
Customer satisfaction is a must and competition is required.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sherbrooke, QCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: breaks
I am truly passionate about working with the public. I enjoy working for Rogers Telecommunications as it allows me to gain professional experience and personal growth. Being a sales representative requires one to be competitive, honest, and motivated - which I am. I love going to work, and I always feel as though 40h a week is never enough to satisfy – more... myself. I strive to be the best, along with maintaining a livable and enjoyable relationship with not only my co-workers but with my clients as well. – less
Fun and Productive place to work.
Elevator Operator (Current Employee), Toronto, OnMarch 5, 2014
Pros: half rice lunch
Cons: short hours
Very nice mood and good environment, good people to work with
they want to rule the world by crapping on it
middle management (Former Employee), hqMarch 5, 2014
Cons: too many to list
Just going to tell you that every bad rumor you have heard about them is more than likely the truth.

The only thing that they do really well is trying to collect payments that are more than 5 minutes late. And if they can't collect from the actual one that owes they ' *&%$#&*%$& '. Sorry i can't say what they do because the 'practice of doing it is – more... illegal'.!!!!! – less
work place
Customer service (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 28, 2014
having your own office
manage the temperament of each client
very friendly. read to help you
very friendly
is dealing with client that is rude
its making a client happy and making them laugh when they're sad
Great place to acquire skills and experience in customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 26, 2014
A typical day at work would entail both experiences in the sales department as well as the administrative department at the retail level. Management would provide support in terms of sales when requested however it is your own responsibility to pitch sales and ask qualifying questions in order to up-sell additional products and services. Co-workers – more... will help with the programs and software complications when they arise from time to time. The hardest part of the job is de-escalating the intensity of customers who come in to complain about their bills. The most enjoyable part of the job is selling a new product to a customer and experiencing their excitement while demonstrating how to use the new product(s). – less
They will fire you for any reason.
Inside Sales B2B (Former Employee), Toronto, OnFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: gym
Cons: hiring process and training.
Was tested and went through 4 interviews. Was told I had to pay for my own expenses to Ottawa for 2 weeks of training. And they will pay me back. Was tested all through training. Then my actual second day on the job I was fired. Hr's last words to me as I walked out where.....Do you need a subway token ?
Fun environment but mgr's are always on your case about something
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jays Shop @ Rogers CentreFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: discounts, free tickets, decent pay
Cons: long hours, nitpicky management
I worked in the Jays store for one season. Customer service is a very high priority there. You are expected to greet every customer and help them from the minute they walk in the store until they leave. Chatting with other employees is a big no-no. Normal duties include receiving stock, cashing out customer's purchases and keeping the store clean and – more... tidy. If you love baseball, then this is a great job but the management team is not very good. The assistant mgr's nitpick everything you do and they play favorites. The store mgr mostly stays in her office and when she comes out, she always finds something you are doing "wrong". Also if you are late even once they are down your throat. Co-workers were great! The hardest part of the job was late nights and long hours (I had to work 12 hr shifts). Everyone had to stay until the game was over and clean up (and they were really picky about how clean the store had to be). The good things about the job: staff discount and free baseball tickets. Overall not a bad job but if they don't like you, they will let you know! – less
Great working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Working at rogers, is very fun
the co-workers and the management make it a welcoming environment
I learnt a lot within the customer service field and a lot of skills that I use today within my daily life
The job has its pros and cons but mostly pros, working within a fast pace environment is always something that you need to adapt to , so it may take – more... sometime
but working with the customers and being able to help them is the best thing about the job
knowing that you've helped solve someone's issue – less
Great place to work!
Consumer Inside Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 3, 2014
Great company to work with and enhance sales skills. The only reason I'm looking for a different job is due to the fact that I have moved and take the bus. 4 hours a day spent getting to and from work.
Multicultural place to work
Network Analyst - Contract (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: big company
Cons: bureaucracy, can't buy lunch in cafeterea without cash
Nice place to work.Used to work on contract. Didn't have the chance to get to permanent position even though my candidature was 100% fit for that role.
easy work
Network Support Technician (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 25, 2014
my contract is going to expire soon other wise I love to work for ROGERS.
productive
Sales representative (Former Employee), MarkhamJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great commission
Cons: now a lot room for promotion
I would open the store, then drop off the bank deposit. Following the bank deposit I would count the inventory and restock the store if required. Afterwards I would receive the shipment and put all the cash in the register while checking the previous nights financial records for discrepancies. I would then check my email for promotional prices changes – more... and make sure to update the store prices for all the products. Afterwards I would assist any customers that enter the store with their bills, product activations, and equipment returns. – less
Techincal Support
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 16, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job

1 2 3 4

About Rogers

Rogers Communications Inc. is a diversified Canadian communications and media company engaged in the telecom and media business. – Read more