Rogers Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Was good until they forced selling to every customer
customer service (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 15, 2015
Pros: Benefits package
Cons: Forced selling
This was a good job ( great pay, great benefits, great colleagues) until they changed my position as a customer service rep into selling product on EVERY call. Alot of customers are calling to cut down their cost, not expand it. Rogers is a good company to work for if you truly believe in the product, which I think is too expensive.
Corrupt
Sales Associate / Key Holder (Former Employee), London, OnSeptember 12, 2015
Pros: Some great emplyees, Commisson and hourly.
Cons: Drama, Management, Flexibabilty.
Management corrupt, HR and Star Hotline No help. Sexism.

Pays Wells, good Benefits as it has eye coverage as well as dental and medical.

Usually short staffed to to People quiting (cause of management) or being Fired (Usually due to fraud or Management, or Sexism)

You can work for Over a year or even 5 and be fired due to someone not liking the way you looked at them or for not liking you personally, wouldn't matter if you hit your targets. can be high stressed
Amazing colleagues
Production Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: The people and my actual job
Cons: Company morale
The best part of Rogers were the people!
Amazing people. Easy to work with. Overall company morale was low but kudos to my colleagues that pushed past that to complete day-to-day responsibilities.
Benefits are great. I worked for the Publishing division.
Good perks and benefits
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Good money and benefits...and discount. Can be a stressful, high sales driven environment. Mandatory OT. Shifts can be any where from 630 am to 12am. You will be on the late shift after first starting.
Enjoyed working with all of my co-workers.
Account Receivable/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: late hoiurs
Rogers encourages team initiative and has rewards for employees that reach certain targets.
They also are always finding ways to improve services for customers.
Fun and fast pace environment
assistant manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 3, 2015
Sales-driven, fast-pace, always changing environment. Great benefits, i got to meet a lot of different kinds of people. I learned a great deal at Rogers.
A Place You Can Call Home
ENG Video News Editor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Nothing but the best.
Cons: The bad thing I cant find a negative comment and thats a good thing.
Rogers is a great company, the people are so wonderful and are like family, respectful, courteous and always lending a hand.
The opportunities are endless too.
The best thing about Rogers is that you can move in and around the company and find the perfect fit for your future career.
It was at some time great and at other time a bit boring
Représentant aux ventes et service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 27, 2016
I use to work at place ville marie mall. This area is full of civil servant, in afternoon , everyone goes in lunch and its only at this time that I'm working. I learned selling tricks and the concept/ history of the Rogers incorporation. I didn't like the way they managed the sotres, theres no manager so when theres a problem only the older employee can resolve the problem. It took me to be more responsable . My co-workers were great and sociable . The hardest part of the job is the administrative tasks because as i said , theres no manager so you'd have to know how to manage the store and the systems that goes with. The most enjoyable part of the job its the customers that were very professional.
It is great experience working for Rogers. I've learned Great customer serving skills, time management and leadership skills.
Technical Relations Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Learning camps, Social networking activities.
Cons: NIL
A great place to start one's career. An amazing place which boosts up one's confidence. It gave me an opportunity to learn customer service, Leadership, and Team playing Skills. As you have to finish the call with in the time limit, One can improve his time management skills as well. A 8 year shift allow you to handle an average of 50 calls. If we follow the protocols and ask for the exact details, the problem can be fixed within 3 minutes. The hardest part is to talk to someone who isn't good with the Language, someone who is not tech savvy. The most enjoyable part is when people appreciate you by the bottom of their heart.
Easy going
Customer Service (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day was to come in and be on the phone all day. I learned to speak with customers and verify the contract they were entering into. Management was good. I was the only one there. There wasn't really any hard part of the job it was quite easy and straight forward. The best part of the day was trying to get as many contracts pushed through for the company.
A good Place to gain experience of marketing, sales and public interaction.
Assist. Branch Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 27, 2016
Working at Rogers' gave me a lot of experience in dealing with customers in everyday manner while working at sales department.
Working at management level helped me to improvise my managing skills and while being a mentor and coach for new comers an got me a lot of team work and leading abilities.
 Customer Account Representative
Customer Account Representative(Full-Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
• Billing, inquiring about payment options and setting up systematic payment period based on customer AR history to receive customer payments
• Determined fraudulent activity by managing PCI compliance for analysis of credit card transactions
• Compared and recommended various products based on client capacity of investment and their personal needs
• Entered purchase invoices and recorded account history
A great part time job while I was in high school, however the culture required I leave the position.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: Great commission compensation structure
Cons: Lack of transparency
Sales job with awesome perks and compensation selling Rogers home services and cellular telephones to consumers and small businesses. Management was consistently shaken up(aside from at store level) resulting in unclear brand vision and often a culture of confusion with regards to sales and expectations.
good job for student
Facility attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2016
This job is good for someone looking for a few extra dollars. Cannot support rent and food. Not a job for someone living on their own
Workforce Planner
Workforce Planner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Pros: learning and development
Cons: the long hours
Very high volume and high level
managing a large budget and call centre knowledge
management was very wonderful
made life time friends
the hours were overwhelming
the challenge, experience and people
Responsibilities
Network Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 14, 2015
Network Analyst
 Performs data backup/recovery, maintenance, data integrity and capacity management activities.
 Monitor, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain enterprise level Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks and telecommunication systems.
 Research and analyze network, server and backup vendors and products.
 Report back to Network Engineers with Pre and Post Tests Analysis.
it's only alright.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Cool co-workers, most of my store managers were pretty great.
Cons: One of the area managers is a dragon lady.
I used to really like working for Rogers when it felt like it was a positive work environment. My manager was so kind and generous and was an excellent teacher and I used to admire her so much because she was what I wanted to be when I was her age. Then I got transferred out of the area to a slower location and my old are manager somehow became my area manager once again and started implementing all of these ridiculous and completely unnecessary tasks because it was always her way or the highway. My area manager was never a really positive person to begin with so working for her was very emotionally draining. No matter how hard I tried it was never enough. No matter how good I was doing, if I was struggling with 1 thing, that is literally all that would be focused from on from her.
Alright place to work.
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee), Moncton, NBApril 5, 2016
Pros: pay
Cons: Scheduling sucks.
Would be better if management didn't keep changing everything every weeks. and never have enough people staff. otherwise decent place to work.
comfortable enviroment
Credit Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoApril 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits, and activities
Cons: limited advancement
my typical day at work consist of following up on accounts, processing credit card payments, and updating customer accounts, general customer service is also a great aspect of the day, ensuring that customers are provided with as much info about their payments.
Good growth opportunities
Content Director, Financial Services Groups (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
I was moved to a series of progressively more senior and challenging positions during my 11 years at Rogers. This allowed me to grow professionally and saw to it that I was never bored. I also had the opportunity to mentor many up-and-coming financial journalists who the world will be hearing about in future years.
Headquarters