Rogers

Rogers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to try out commission sales.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ENGMay 26, 2015
During a typical day at work I would answer customer questions, activate new accounts, maintain previously opened accounts, do hardware upgrades, and send away phones for repair.

Rogers has a base pay of 10.50$ an hours plus commission up to 20% if your max targets are met.
ROGERS
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), BURNABYMay 16, 2015
Pros: GREAT PEOPLE NICE ATMOSPHERE
Cons: NOT ENOUGH TRAINING PROVIDED
COME IN SIGN IN TO YOUR COMPUTER HAVE YOUR HEADSET ON AND READY FOR CALLS TO COME IN , MOST CALLS REGARD CUSTOMER PROBLEMS OR ISSUES WITH THEIR PHONE KIND OF GETS REALLY BORING BECAUSE ITS SO REPETITIVE GREAT FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO SIT ALL DAY AND WORK OR LOVE TO JUST SIT AND TALK ON THE PHONE ALL DAY LONG HOURS AND GOES BY SENIORITY SO FIRST COME FIRST SERVE LATE NIGHT SHIFTS AND BARELY HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE
Quick and easy Job to as young child
Paper Boy (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 15, 2015
- Organize papers
- Put elastic around papers
- Go door to door
- No coworkers
- Managers were good as far as I know because I never received any complaints
- The hardest part would of been putting each paper together as the papers didn't come ready to deliver
- I enjoyed greeting people at their door steps when they left their homes as I delivered to their house
Awesome
Senior Business Analyst/Vision 21 Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2015
Fantastic company to work for. Great people and pay. All the managers that I ever had was supportive and understanding I am sad that I am no longer there, I switch to the side of Telecommunications and believe me it's not GREENER or BLUER on the other side.
It was a good work environment, however it had very little to teach
Sales Person (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 2, 2015
a typical day at work would included interacting with costumer's, providing them with information and assisting their basic needs. On a typical day I would open the store, learn how to interactive and improve my costumer service skills and sell phone contracts. My co-workers had been very friendly and I had trained many of them since I had been considered a veteran to most of them.
It's a sales life
(Match Marketing) Chat-r Wireless (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 29, 2015
Always need to be passionate and thrive to succeed and sell. I had a part time life and I was being worked really hard.... it's hard to manage when you're in school.
Challenge job
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee), Montreal, QCApril 18, 2015
I enjoy being challenged and learning something new on a daily based. I am proud by what I achieve and the positive feedback from the customers I deal with.
comfortable enviroment
Credit Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoApril 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits, and activities
Cons: limited advancement
my typical day at work consist of following up on accounts, processing credit card payments, and updating customer accounts, general customer service is also a great aspect of the day, ensuring that customers are provided with as much info about their payments.
Success
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 17, 2015
My typical day at work consists of sales, dealing with clients, solving issues with other employees, managing a system that is organized quick and efficient. I enjoy interacting with customers and making their day better. I am an motivated, and passionate young individual with a drive to succeed.
Rogers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), PickeringFebruary 23, 2015
Fast-paced environment that keeps you on your toes. Everyday is a new day with different obstacles. You will meet a variety of characters at Rogers.
fun workplace with a lot of leniency and job empowerment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: no direct supervision, i was trusted to do my job and was supervised through end of day reports
Cons: i was made to stand on my feet throughout the entire shift with only small breaks in between
A typical day at work involved a lot of interacting with other employees and customers; it was never a dull moment.
I learned how to properly secure a sale and was taught to ask open ended questions rather than closed ones. (i.e. "What can I help you with?" instead of "Can I help you?")
I have never worked for a more misable place then Rogers
Media (Former Employee), York MillsFebruary 16, 2015
Cons: they don't respect the employees always monitored like children, stressful and unhappy working environment.
The employees are not bad to work with, It's the management. They don't care about there employees. They work then like dogs and then if something goes wrong the management team wants to point the finger on the employees. This way the supervisor and managers look good. When you bring up concerns with the Rogers HR staff they try to silence you so they can protect the management.
In the media dept. The manager is racist. Everyone is Caucasian so if you are ethnic I would not even apply there. I don't recommend anyone to work for Rogers media unless you want to have a nervous break down. When I worked there I spoke with a lot of employees none of them where happy. If you want to have nightmares at home from going to work apply at Rogers. Every employee is looking for other jobs within the Rogers company. This shows the way Rogers treats there employees. The management team shoots down you ideas only the supervisors and managers ideas are implimented. I gave the management a 1 but would give a 0 if it would let me.
Great Experience, Learned a lot, Good Support
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: independent work
A typical day included me being brought files that needed updating on AutoCAD as well as Excel. The rest of the day included me doing said job.
Can't stand managment
Retention (Former Employee), OttawaJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: pay benefits
Cons: horrible bosses
This place really does depend on what type of manager you get. My first manager was amazing he always listened to us and was helpful in every way possible. The job alone was stressfull and he knew it which is why he was there for us every step of the way. Then I got transferred over to another manager who may I add made my life a living nightmare! She gave me anxiety everyday was very rude and likes to talk down to her team members. If she could belittle you in any way she took full advantage of it. The unfortunate part is even when I tried to complain about her higher managment took her side seeing as she was a manager and I was only an employee. She would come down on people for no reason and had a snarkle in her voice when she spoke to you. I ended up resigning from the company after she made me cry in front of everyone . She's a horrible manager who smokes all the time ..do I suggest anyone working there ? No -good luck on a social life or family life .. There's a lot of faces you will see of one person and don't even try telling a secret .. It runs around like herpes
Busy, work place
Outbound Sales Negotiator (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: benefits, awards for great work, advancment
Cons: longs hours
Everyday I would come and be on the phones from 5 to 11pm and sell Rogers products such as home phone, television, cell phone services and for existing clients I would create a bundle; which is adding promotions to their existing service. The techniques I learned was to negotiate with clientele to sign up for Roger's services or add another service to their existing one
After a month I became a confirmation agent, where I would speak to upset clientele diffuse arguments, calm them down , negotiate to make loyal happy customers. In addition; I verified personal information after a sales rep signed up a customer, I explain payment options, and input their personal information, such as name, address, visa number into the computers. I would train sales reps to respectfully, and professionally talk to clients, Explain the right things to say and what techniques to use to win them over.
The management was great, very open-minded, fun, nice and very helpful. The hardest part was the long hours. The most enjoyable part was learning new information, enjoying the new experience, practicing to be a leader, and creating a team.
Title - Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Love working with Customers and solving plenty of situations. Amazing management and room for growth. Great team environment.
good
Quality Analyst, Tester (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: .
Cons: .
good good good..........................................
fun work environment
Common Customer Relations (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: fun working environment
Cons: stressful
great co-workers
fun working enviornment
Stressful
Nice building
Diverse company with great benefits
Billing Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: stressful envionment dealing with continuous irrate customers, hours of operation
Cons: great salary and benefit package
As a customer service representative in the billing department; each day I would answer a large number of incoming calls, assisting customer's with any billing or service related issues (non-technical). I learned how to speak to irate customers, deescalate sensitive situations and customize packages according to customer's needs. The most difficult part of the job, was having to answer many calls back to back, with no break in between. I enjoyed the fact that Rogers' appreciated their employees and their efforts, by offering great benefits, rewards and recognition.
Amazing environment and great employers
Customer Inside Sales (CIS) Rep (Former Employee), toronto, ONDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay, good staff, good environment
Cons: long hours
Always a joyful environment, even with day to day targets being necessary employers always influenced and approached the team with professionalism, and energetic confidence to achieve our goals.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rogers

Rogers Communications Inc. is a diversified Canadian communications and media company engaged in the telecom and media business. – Read more