Rogers Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Corrupt
Sales Associate / Key Holder (Former Employee), London, OnSeptember 12, 2015
Pros: Some great emplyees, Commisson and hourly.
Cons: Drama, Management, Flexibabilty.
Management corrupt, HR and Star Hotline No help. Sexism.

Pays Wells, good Benefits as it has eye coverage as well as dental and medical.

Usually short staffed to to People quiting (cause of management) or being Fired (Usually due to fraud or Management, or Sexism)

You can work for Over a year or even 5 and be fired due to someone not liking the way you looked at them or for not liking you personally, wouldn't matter if you hit your targets. can be high stressed
It is great experience working for Rogers. I've learned Great customer serving skills, time management and leadership skills.
Technical Relations Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Learning camps, Social networking activities.
Cons: NIL
A great place to start one's career. An amazing place which boosts up one's confidence. It gave me an opportunity to learn customer service, Leadership, and Team playing Skills. As you have to finish the call with in the time limit, One can improve his time management skills as well. A 8 year shift allow you to handle an average of 50 calls. If we follow the protocols and ask for the exact details, the problem can be fixed within 3 minutes. The hardest part is to talk to someone who isn't good with the Language, someone who is not tech savvy. The most enjoyable part is when people appreciate you by the bottom of their heart.
A Place You Can Call Home
ENG Video News Editor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Nothing but the best.
Cons: The bad thing I cant find a negative comment and thats a good thing.
Rogers is a great company, the people are so wonderful and are like family, respectful, courteous and always lending a hand.
The opportunities are endless too.
The best thing about Rogers is that you can move in and around the company and find the perfect fit for your future career.
Easy going
Customer Service (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day was to come in and be on the phone all day. I learned to speak with customers and verify the contract they were entering into. Management was good. I was the only one there. There wasn't really any hard part of the job it was quite easy and straight forward. The best part of the day was trying to get as many contracts pushed through for the company.
Workforce Planner
Workforce Planner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Pros: learning and development
Cons: the long hours
Very high volume and high level
managing a large budget and call centre knowledge
management was very wonderful
made life time friends
the hours were overwhelming
the challenge, experience and people
A good Place to gain experience of marketing, sales and public interaction.
Assist. Branch Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 27, 2016
Working at Rogers' gave me a lot of experience in dealing with customers in everyday manner while working at sales department.
Working at management level helped me to improvise my managing skills and while being a mentor and coach for new comers an got me a lot of team work and leading abilities.
GOOD PLACE OVERALL
Business Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 30, 2015
Good sale culture, great management. Not alot of growth opportunities. Also a high turnover environment. Overall a decent place to work. Amazing sales incentive and commission
It was at some time great and at other time a bit boring
Représentant aux ventes et service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 27, 2016
I use to work at place ville marie mall. This area is full of civil servant, in afternoon , everyone goes in lunch and its only at this time that I'm working. I learned selling tricks and the concept/ history of the Rogers incorporation. I didn't like the way they managed the sotres, theres no manager so when theres a problem only the older employee can resolve the problem. It took me to be more responsable . My co-workers were great and sociable . The hardest part of the job is the administrative tasks because as i said , theres no manager so you'd have to know how to manage the store and the systems that goes with. The most enjoyable part of the job its the customers that were very professional.
Amazing colleagues
Production Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: The people and my actual job
Cons: Company morale
The best part of Rogers were the people!
Amazing people. Easy to work with. Overall company morale was low but kudos to my colleagues that pushed past that to complete day-to-day responsibilities.
Benefits are great. I worked for the Publishing division.
Was good until they forced selling to every customer
customer service (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 15, 2015
Pros: Benefits package
Cons: Forced selling
This was a good job ( great pay, great benefits, great colleagues) until they changed my position as a customer service rep into selling product on EVERY call. Alot of customers are calling to cut down their cost, not expand it. Rogers is a good company to work for if you truly believe in the product, which I think is too expensive.
Responsibilities
Network Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 14, 2015
Network Analyst
 Performs data backup/recovery, maintenance, data integrity and capacity management activities.
 Monitor, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain enterprise level Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks and telecommunication systems.
 Research and analyze network, server and backup vendors and products.
 Report back to Network Engineers with Pre and Post Tests Analysis.
fast paced environment
Cable technical support consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2015
training period was fun and educational. management made everyone feel welcome. co-workers were easy to work with and helpful. the most enjoyable part of the job was our team huddles where we can share our days experiences and lean about the new & up-coming changes our department will be making. An amazing experience.
Great Place to work, must be self motivated.
Inside Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 26, 2015
Pros: Free prizes, lunches etc
Cons: No Help with schudleing
Great place to work overall, not too many complaints, must be highly self motivated to succeed. Work place environment is adequate and definitely induces a sense of community. Lots of room to grow and advancement within the company.
Alright place to work.
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee), Moncton, NBApril 5, 2016
Pros: pay
Cons: Scheduling sucks.
Would be better if management didn't keep changing everything every weeks. and never have enough people staff. otherwise decent place to work.
safe and fun work environment
CHEF (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
the company is great and it serves as a good place to star your career. a typical work day starts off in the main kitchen where all the preparation is made for the day.
Team Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: low pay
Great Place to advance/ family feeling

A typical day is meetings, coaching, and long hours

Co workers are a team

the best part of the job is mentoring employees
Cut Too Lean
OPERATOR (Former Employee), Media Business Unit (Television, Vancouver)September 24, 2015
Pros: Great local management, Positive cooperative can do work culture, Recent technology upgrades
Cons: Only produces bare minimum of local content as required by CRTC but competitors go beyond, Cutbacks every 2 years (at least) in last 5+ years, Continual staffing challenges, Morale low, Potential underused, Economy of scale cannot be achieved because most content is only broadcast once or twice, Not enough of a presence to achieve brand recognition
PROS
- Great local management
- Positive, cooperative, can-do work culture
- Recent technology upgrades

CONS
Other than SportsNet, the following applies:

- Only produces bare minimum of local content as required by CRTC, whereas competitors go beyond the minimums and thus have much better ratings for local content

- Cutbacks every 2 years (at least) in last 5 years

- Very lean staff leads to continual staffing challenges

- Local staff morale lowered by cuts

- Potential of facilities, equipment and staff being underused

- Economy of scale cannot be achieved because most content is only broadcast once, maybe twice

- Not enough of a presence in community or via advertising to achieve brand recognition

ADVICE TO MANAGEMENT
- Contract an outside firm to do customer market research regarding local programming via phone / email / in-person surveys and focus groups

- Use research to identify opportunities for local programming

- Reinvest in local programming to achieve economies of scale via using content for multiple weekday and weekend broadcasts
Good perks and benefits
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Good money and benefits...and discount. Can be a stressful, high sales driven environment. Mandatory OT. Shifts can be any where from 630 am to 12am. You will be on the late shift after first starting.
fun place where every body work as a team
Wireless Guru (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2015
provide lot of training and education, its a key part of success.
i like online training material, easy access to higher management.
Great company to work for , lots of opportunity to grow
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Great company to work for , lots of opportunity to grow, would recommend to anyone who wants to get a foot in telecom industry or information technology. lots of training provided
Headquarters