Rogers Employee Reviews in Canada

Corrupt
Sales Associate / Key Holder (Former Employee) –  London, OnSeptember 12, 2015
Management corrupt, HR and Star Hotline No help. Sexism.

Pays Wells, good Benefits as it has eye coverage as well as dental and medical.

Usually short staffed to to People quiting (cause of management) or being Fired (Usually due to fraud or Management, or Sexism)

You can work for Over a year or even 5 and be fired due to someone not liking the way you looked at them or for not liking you personally, wouldn't matter if you hit your targets. can be high stressed
Pros
Some great emplyees, Commisson and hourly.
Cons
Drama, Management, Flexibabilty.
A Place You Can Call Home
ENG Video News Editor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Rogers is a great company, the people are so wonderful and are like family, respectful, courteous and always lending a hand.
The opportunities are endless too.
The best thing about Rogers is that you can move in and around the company and find the perfect fit for your future career.
Pros
Nothing but the best.
Cons
The bad thing I cant find a negative comment and thats a good thing.
It was at some time great and at other time a bit boring
Représentant aux ventes et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 27, 2016
I use to work at place ville marie mall. This area is full of civil servant, in afternoon , everyone goes in lunch and its only at this time that I'm working. I learned selling tricks and the concept/ history of the Rogers incorporation. I didn't like the way they managed the sotres, theres no manager so when theres a problem only the older employee can resolve the problem. It took me to be more responsable . My co-workers were great and sociable . The hardest part of the job is the administrative tasks because as i said , theres no manager so you'd have to know how to manage the store and the systems that goes with. The most enjoyable part of the job its the customers that were very professional.
It is great experience working for Rogers. I've learned Great customer serving skills, time management and leadership skills.
Technical Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 24, 2015
A great place to start one's career. An amazing place which boosts up one's confidence. It gave me an opportunity to learn customer service, Leadership, and Team playing Skills. As you have to finish the call with in the time limit, One can improve his time management skills as well. A 8 year shift allow you to handle an average of 50 calls. If we follow the protocols and ask for the exact details, the problem can be fixed within 3 minutes. The hardest part is to talk to someone who isn't good with the Language, someone who is not tech savvy. The most enjoyable part is when people appreciate you by the bottom of their heart.
Pros
Learning camps, Social networking activities.
Cons
NIL
Easy going
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day was to come in and be on the phone all day. I learned to speak with customers and verify the contract they were entering into. Management was good. I was the only one there. There wasn't really any hard part of the job it was quite easy and straight forward. The best part of the day was trying to get as many contracts pushed through for the company.
Monotonous
Wireless Customer Service Specialist, ICT (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 28, 2016
Answering customer inquiries and billing issues

That customers want to be treated with respect and understanding

Management very difficult when it came to asking for support

Co-works were good to work with and rely on when needed

Hardest part was trying to calm a customer down who would not listen to reason

Most enjoyable was making a customer feel like they are happy with the service provider they have chosen and confident there issues have been resolved.
Pros
Intensives on sales
Cons
Dealing with irate customers
A good Place to gain experience of marketing, sales and public interaction.
Assist. Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 27, 2016
Working at Rogers' gave me a lot of experience in dealing with customers in everyday manner while working at sales department.
Working at management level helped me to improvise my managing skills and while being a mentor and coach for new comers an got me a lot of team work and leading abilities.
Great staff members, and flexible hours
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 14, 2016
Overall not a bad place to work. Hours are very flexible and management tries to work around your availability. Team members are great and we all get along and work together. Can sometimes be taxing to continuously deal with angry customers. There needs to be better management training so that more coaching and team leadership is present at our location. Overall great part time job!
Pros
Flexible hours, Great team members
Cons
Dealing with angry customers, lack of proper management
Alright place to work.
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 5, 2016
Would be better if management didn't keep changing everything every weeks. and never have enough people staff. otherwise decent place to work.
Pros
pay
Cons
Scheduling sucks.
Amazing colleagues
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
The best part of Rogers were the people!
Amazing people. Easy to work with. Overall company morale was low but kudos to my colleagues that pushed past that to complete day-to-day responsibilities.
Benefits are great. I worked for the Publishing division.
Pros
The people and my actual job
Cons
Company morale
A great part time job while I was in high school, however the culture required I leave the position.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 28, 2016
Sales job with awesome perks and compensation selling Rogers home services and cellular telephones to consumers and small businesses. Management was consistently shaken up(aside from at store level) resulting in unclear brand vision and often a culture of confusion with regards to sales and expectations.
Pros
Great commission compensation structure
Cons
Lack of transparency
Workforce Planner
Workforce Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Very high volume and high level
managing a large budget and call centre knowledge
management was very wonderful
made life time friends
the hours were overwhelming
the challenge, experience and people
Pros
learning and development
Cons
the long hours
Fun work environment you become a team!
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 27, 2016
getting to use Facebook and other social media methods; to assist with customer service

management always pushing us to succeed in better roles; constant coaching feed back to help improve our weaknesses

hardest part of the job would be working night and weekends

most enjoyable would be the work environment
Pros
incentive bonus
Cons
late night shifts/work every holiday
 Customer Account Representative
Customer Account Representative(Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
• Billing, inquiring about payment options and setting up systematic payment period based on customer AR history to receive customer payments
• Determined fraudulent activity by managing PCI compliance for analysis of credit card transactions
• Compared and recommended various products based on client capacity of investment and their personal needs
• Entered purchase invoices and recorded account history
The good, the bad , and the ugly
Collections (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2016
Typical call centre environment

The good
Overtime (although they have cut back a lot)
Quarterly bonus (cut back as well)
Job security.they need the front line guys .less likely to get laid off
Don't take your work home (even when you speak to the most annoying Cx..maybe the first 10 minute after your shift it bothers you..but after that all is forgotten)
Co workers..call centre staff have character..while cooperate people bore you to death
You get to collect a pay-check ..you don't wear the company

The bad
Upper management and back offices are lost..too removed from the customer experience ..come up with dumb policies and six month later scrap the idea
Rogers charges too much and you have to bear the brunt of from the Cx..defending system and billing errors..(in the back of your mind agreeing w the Cx but defending Rogers)

The Ugly
Call quality..the most useless department ..the only department that's takes away from the customer experience instead off adding (can't believe this department still exist in 2016
Really unorganized at times ..(again) as most back offices are lost ..peers know more then anyone else so you just ask each other
Everything that goes w working in a call centre
Pros
Job security
Cons
Needs a back office/strategy office face lift
GOOD PLACE OVERALL
Business Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 30, 2015
Good sale culture, great management. Not alot of growth opportunities. Also a high turnover environment. Overall a decent place to work. Amazing sales incentive and commission
Was good until they forced selling to every customer
customer service (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONDecember 15, 2015
This was a good job ( great pay, great benefits, great colleagues) until they changed my position as a customer service rep into selling product on EVERY call. Alot of customers are calling to cut down their cost, not expand it. Rogers is a good company to work for if you truly believe in the product, which I think is too expensive.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Forced selling
Responsibilities
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 14, 2015
Network Analyst
 Performs data backup/recovery, maintenance, data integrity and capacity management activities.
 Monitor, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain enterprise level Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks and telecommunication systems.
 Research and analyze network, server and backup vendors and products.
 Report back to Network Engineers with Pre and Post Tests Analysis.
fast paced environment
Cable technical support consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2015
training period was fun and educational. management made everyone feel welcome. co-workers were easy to work with and helpful. the most enjoyable part of the job was our team huddles where we can share our days experiences and lean about the new & up-coming changes our department will be making. An amazing experience.
safe and fun work environment
CHEF (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
the company is great and it serves as a good place to star your career. a typical work day starts off in the main kitchen where all the preparation is made for the day.