Rogers

Rogers Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace with a lot of leniency and job empowerment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: no direct supervision, i was trusted to do my job and was supervised through end of day reports
Cons: i was made to stand on my feet throughout the entire shift with only small breaks in between
A typical day at work involved a lot of interacting with other employees and customers; it was never a dull moment.
I learned how to properly secure a sale and was taught to ask open ended questions rather than closed ones. (i.e. "What can I help you with?" instead of "Can I help you?")
I have never worked for a more misable place then Rogers
Media (Former Employee), York MillsFebruary 16, 2015
Cons: they don't respect the employees always monitored like children, stressful and unhappy working environment.
The employees are not bad to work with, It's the management. They don't care about there employees. They work then like dogs and then if something goes wrong the management team wants to point the finger on the employees. This way the supervisor and managers look good. When you bring up concerns with the Rogers HR staff they try to silence you so they can protect the management.
In the media dept. The manager is racist. Everyone is Caucasian so if you are ethnic I would not even apply there. I don't recommend anyone to work for Rogers media unless you want to have a nervous break down. When I worked there I spoke with a lot of employees none of them where happy. If you want to have nightmares at home from going to work apply at Rogers. Every employee is looking for other jobs within the Rogers company. This shows the way Rogers treats there employees. The management team shoots down you ideas only the supervisors and managers ideas are implimented. I gave the management a 1 but would give a 0 if it would let me.
Great Experience, Learned a lot, Good Support
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: independent work
A typical day included me being brought files that needed updating on AutoCAD as well as Excel. The rest of the day included me doing said job.
Can't stand managment
Retention (Former Employee), OttawaJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: pay benefits
Cons: horrible bosses
This place really does depend on what type of manager you get. My first manager was amazing he always listened to us and was helpful in every way possible. The job alone was stressfull and he knew it which is why he was there for us every step of the way. Then I got transferred over to another manager who may I add made my life a living nightmare! She gave me anxiety everyday was very rude and likes to talk down to her team members. If she could belittle you in any way she took full advantage of it. The unfortunate part is even when I tried to complain about her higher managment took her side seeing as she was a manager and I was only an employee. She would come down on people for no reason and had a snarkle in her voice when she spoke to you. I ended up resigning from the company after she made me cry in front of everyone . She's a horrible manager who smokes all the time ..do I suggest anyone working there ? No -good luck on a social life or family life .. There's a lot of faces you will see of one person and don't even try telling a secret .. It runs around like herpes
Busy, work place
Outbound Sales Negotiator (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: benefits, awards for great work, advancment
Cons: longs hours
Everyday I would come and be on the phones from 5 to 11pm and sell Rogers products such as home phone, television, cell phone services and for existing clients I would create a bundle; which is adding promotions to their existing service. The techniques I learned was to negotiate with clientele to sign up for Roger's services or add another service to their existing one
After a month I became a confirmation agent, where I would speak to upset clientele diffuse arguments, calm them down , negotiate to make loyal happy customers. In addition; I verified personal information after a sales rep signed up a customer, I explain payment options, and input their personal information, such as name, address, visa number into the computers. I would train sales reps to respectfully, and professionally talk to clients, Explain the right things to say and what techniques to use to win them over.
The management was great, very open-minded, fun, nice and very helpful. The hardest part was the long hours. The most enjoyable part was learning new information, enjoying the new experience, practicing to be a leader, and creating a team.
Title - Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Love working with Customers and solving plenty of situations. Amazing management and room for growth. Great team environment.
good
Quality Analyst, Tester (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: .
Cons: .
good good good..........................................
fun work environment
Common Customer Relations (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: fun working environment
Cons: stressful
great co-workers
fun working enviornment
Stressful
Nice building
Diverse company with great benefits
Billing Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: stressful envionment dealing with continuous irrate customers, hours of operation
Cons: great salary and benefit package
As a customer service representative in the billing department; each day I would answer a large number of incoming calls, assisting customer's with any billing or service related issues (non-technical). I learned how to speak to irate customers, deescalate sensitive situations and customize packages according to customer's needs. The most difficult part of the job, was having to answer many calls back to back, with no break in between. I enjoyed the fact that Rogers' appreciated their employees and their efforts, by offering great benefits, rewards and recognition.
Amazing environment and great employers
Customer Inside Sales (CIS) Rep (Former Employee), toronto, ONDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay, good staff, good environment
Cons: long hours
Always a joyful environment, even with day to day targets being necessary employers always influenced and approached the team with professionalism, and energetic confidence to achieve our goals.
kept it going
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2014
CO WORKERS WERE GREAT

LOVED EVERY TIME CAME TO WORK IT WASZ AMAZING
Sales Consultant : Business Development
SALES CARE CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 5, 2014
Pros: business development consultation
Cons: the processes not aligned with true customer service
Was chosen out of many to be part of a sales team on the floor but also was recognised as the consultant to ensure the business was taken at a higher level. Almost working as an auditor, the process of Rogers had to change, ensuring that the customer needs were well taken care of, in reflection of its old processes such as modules, technical processes and learning consultants. Targets were always met, but the quality of service was to be always aligned with new and up to standard processes that are always changing.
horrible experience
wireless department (Former Employee), north yorkNovember 21, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: shifts until 1am
I remember being part of the training for 4 months. Big personalities in therd. It started off great and got harder. The management were rude to me for no reason because i wasn't smart enough on the exams that were given to me. Was given chances, yes.The management left me out of the training group and did not set up ID information for me to take inbound calls instead i had to sit with other trainers and listen to their calls until they me let me go. Was being laughed at, made fun of. But lets get real, noone is perfect and they arent either. Let them act like kids!!
Poor management
Wireless Care (Former Employee), AtriaNovember 21, 2014
Pros: training is fun
Cons: bad work environment
Recently worked for rogers wireless (atria) care team during the summer of '14. I quit bc my manager was clueless as to how to manage the team. Ruling with an "iron fist" mentality. Let me tell you, we started with 20 new hires and after 2 months all that remained from that was less than half and counting. Pay is low and customers are very difficult and challenging ( I believe it's due to the high turn over rate of customer service reps which lead to many mistakes and incorrect solutions ). If this job is what you want then so be it, but for me it was a waste of time and a bad experience.
Great experience
Senior Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2014
Pros: top tier technology, large budgets and big ideas
Cons: big place, hard to make an impact
Led and managed the rebuild of Sportsnet.ca, Citytv.ca and Citynews.ca
Managed multiple digital projects for web and mobile for many Rogers brands including CityTV, Maclean's, Canadian Business,Today's Parent, Flare and Chatelaine.
Productive and different situation handling
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free break
customer handling.
Good customer Service
Work with confidence.
Awesome co-workers
everyday get something new experience to learn
Fun Place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONOctober 22, 2014
Great place to work, People were great. Manager was always trying to help get extra money in our hands
Productive and Collaborative Team
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), 1000 saint-Antoine , Montreal-QcOctober 20, 2014
Pros: productivity, collaboration, coaching & regular meetings and friendly atmospher
Cons: working during the weekend
In addition to the Team Leader each team had a team coach who provided additional support and technical knowledge to the agents. team coach sat beside each and every agents once a week listening to their calls and gave them some hints to improve their performance. Sometimes , agents got asked some questions to make sure they are up to date with new rules and promotions posted in Rogers website . so, in this way you never got that job monotonous and boring and you always had something new to learn.
Telemarketing
Customer Sales (Former Employee), North YorkOctober 18, 2014
Pros: make your own shifts
Cons: repetitive work
Calling customers and informing them about the benefits of Rogers digital home phone. Convincing them to switch, and letting them know of discounts of bundles of having more than one services with Rogers.

Hourly wage and commission.
Telemarketing
Customer Sales (Former Employee), North YorkOctober 18, 2014
Pros: make your own shifts
Cons: repetitive work

Hourly wage and commission.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rogers

Rogers Communications Inc. is a diversified Canadian communications and media company engaged in the telecom and media business. – Read more