Rogers Group Financial, a well-established financial planning company located in Vancouver, has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Planning Assistant. An ideal candidate has over three years of work experience in the financial services industry with a focus on financial planning. This full-time role will allow the successful candidate to grow and develop into a financial planning professional within the firm while providing a Financial Advisor support in marketing, case preparation, new business processing and client service.
The position includes carrying out all functions of financial planning support, including general administration and assistance to the Financial Advisor and other members of the team.
Skills and Requirements:
- University degree (BComm / BBA) and/or Financial Management Diploma from BCIT
- Three years of related experience, preferably in securities environment and/or financial planning, incl. customer service
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills - MS Office, incl. Excel and Word
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Can work independently and as a team member
- Completion of Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH) and/or life insurance licence, Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation and knowledge of mutual fund industry or ISM securities trading system would be an asset
Duties and responsibilities:
- Client service, including phone and admin. support
- Case preparation support to Advisor with research, financial plans, quotes
- New business processing of forms and trade orders
- Marketing assistance, including prospect calls handling
- Client meeting support to Advisor
- Administrative duties in Advisor’s office and support of Company’s team members as required
To apply, pls email your resume with a cover letter, incl. Ref. No. 0412014 to recruiting (at) rogersgroup.com
We offer competitive remuneration, incl. benefits and education support. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Established in 1973, Rogers Group Financial is an independent financial services firm, owned and operated by its professionally qualified financial advisors and portfolio managers. We are dedicated to always serving our clients' needs first while maintaining our long-term view to financial planning, and implementation of comprehensive solutions for our clients. We are renowned for our commitment to providing consistent, quality service.