Rogers Corporation

Rogers Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
CTO (Former Employee), woodstock and RogersJanuary 22, 2015
I performed many jobs here so its difficult to review them all in such a small section. All I can say is that a lot of the jobs change every year with what you may need to do, but not by much.
Great co workers and great work enviorment. Amazing company to work for.
packer (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 7, 2015
Walked in to work an was greeted every morning Had fun but while still being very productive. learned skills in People soft and Excel. Management was always around and very helpful. Co workers were always so happy to be there and ready to work. Hardest part of the job was the time frame and being on your feet. Most enjoyable part of the job was The enviorment
Overall a good working environment with options to grow if desired
Process Development Engineer (Current Employee), Rogers, CT (various plants)December 30, 2014
Growth opportunities available for driven individuals.

Most management is new to the company (<3 years) and so change came hard and fast. Ultimately, change is good but is not without some pain. Trust within the ranks has suffered due to the cuts and realignments.

Co-workers can be cut-throat. Prior to the new management the company had a 'work together' atmosphere, but now it seems more of an every man for himself attitude.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the projects through to scale up, from an idea to full production of a viable product.
Possible Permanent Position but Beware!
Assembler I (Former Employee), 100 S. Roosevelt Ave, Chandler, AZ 85226.November 20, 2014
Pros: 12-hour schedule, the area i worked in, -some- of the coworkers
Cons: -some- of the coworkers, lead, supervisor
TL:DR - There is none. I'm one of those individuals that abhor short "reviews" of companies and of a persons experiences; some reviews provide valuable insight into the company and are the "make it or break it" of a persons decision to work there; especially reviews that resemble something along the lines of:

"Gee Golly, this place sure was fun! It helped me learn and grow and was just THE BEST" yet either has a full 5 stars, or 2-3 stars rating?

Really?

Anyhow....

Greetings career seekers,

This review is intended to inform individuals interested in working at Rogers; I was a temporary contingent worker staffed through Advantage Resourcing for a duration of about 11 months.

The Rogers facility I worked for is located at 100 S. Roosevelt Ave, Chandler, AZ 85226.
As with any other company, the facility was comprised of a multitude of jobs/careers ranging from in-house IT, shipping and receiving and manufacturing to name a few.

I worked in the manufacturing field which at this location is broken up into four, 12-hour shifts referred to as:
A, B, C and D Shift.
(D Shift rewarding the most shift differential, because this was back end night shift; a schedule that was comprised of 6 PM to 6 AM. Thursday - Sat, every other Wednesday, with two 20-minute breaks and one 30-minute lunch)

Of the four shifts, this will be a review of D-Shift as that was my shift.

At the time of my employment, the company policy was that every 3 months a contingent worker that proves themselves worthy in lieu of attendance, performance, attitude etc, will have the opportunity to be assimilated and – more... converted from temporary worker to official employee.

I worked in the "Copper Sheeter" room, across the hall from the main manufacturing area, as a sheeting operator; a role that involves processing different types of Copper "rolls" (they're pretty heavy, upwards of 500 LBS, but obviously you use a pallet jack and crane to lift) and cutting them utilizing the Sheeter machine to various dimensions and sizes according to Engineering procedure and specification.

At the time of my employment, this particular area required two-man teams unlike the main manufacturing area, which houses multiple people at any given time. If you got along with your fellow coworker (and I did, he was the best) then this was one of the best areas to work in for numerous reasons, but mainly because it insulated/isolated you from the work drama/politics.... which, if you're not careful, will lead to your termination from the company. Unfortunately, certain unsavory operators have enough pull and sway to make this happen. You've been warned.

However, not all the operators were bad; there were several excellent workers there of like mind that became my friends that I still communicate with... but they were very few and far between.

I absolutely loved my job, my area, and my responsibilities; this had been one of the best positions I had in a very long time. I enjoyed the workload and the schedule. Everything having to do with my actual responsibilities....

Unfortunately, the biggest downside was, you guessed it, the management... specifically the new Lead that started there sometime in July.
I've had pretty terrible Leads/Supervisors etc before but this one receives an award for all-time worse lead. To their credit, this person was more responsible and to a degree, was able to accomplish more than the Lead that came before; you could come to the Lead and they would investigate what you needed, and get it done....
However, the Lead often delegated their own responsibilities unto you, was quite temperamental and VERY passive aggressive and two-faced.

I would also beware of the Supervisor as well. I made the mistake in confining in the Supervisor, who I believed at the time to be a funny, phenomenal, kind, person... and yet after discussing with said person in private about the Lead, I was marked as a "troublemaker" and ultimately relieved of my duties sometime later.

More than likely, you'll start in the manufacturing area as a temporary worker. Please be very careful with what you say, do and ultimately how much you open up, especially to certain individuals. You can be relieved of your position and employment very easily; a reason doesn't have to be given and all it takes is a phone call to the temp agency.

Good luck! – less
excellent place to work!!
R&D IC TEST COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Chandler AZAugust 9, 2014
Pros: great work environment!
Cons: don't have one!
Managers put you in a fast pace work environment but also give you the support structure to put you in a position to be successful!
Assembler
Assembler (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great company to work for.
Cons: temporary job
Identified material and inspected product for defects. Simultaneously used company programs to ensure the quality of product.Used industrial sized shear mechanism to cut material.
Rodgers needs new Management
Slitter (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: management
Customer service starts with the employees.
Rodgers didn't take care of employees.
Terrible Company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodstock, CTOctober 31, 2013
Good benefits and Pay but terrible upper management. This is a union shop and employees work well together.
ITwas hard
Press Operator, Break down (Former Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 23, 2013
working for rogers was kind hard then as the years went past it got easy .I Learned a lot of little tricks learned a lot of how the machines ran. didn't have management around working with co-workers was kind off hard showing them what to do.
productive place to work
Machine operator/ test and visual (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 19, 2013
Rogers was a great place to work, supervisor and co-workers were really friendly, Learn screen printing.
Stressful Environment with very little job security.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 24, 2013
Pros: personal satisfaction of a job done well.
Cons: management favoritism
A typical day started out with a team meeting reviewing the shifts needs and work assignments. With many shortages in materials I learned to be flexible and the ability to multi-task since orders changed frequently. I was not impressed with the way that management handled problems that arose between employees. Politics and favoritism was part of the work environment that was the hardest part for me to handle. I saw hard working employees treated very badly. The most enjoyable part was the work itself and the interaction and assisting various departments to achieve their goals.

About Rogers Corporation

At Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG), we are passionate about helping the world's leading innovators solve their toughest material – Read more

Rogers Corporation Photos