Rogers Communications

Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

Lots of learning with coaching every week and friendly enviroment
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Airport rdJuly 24, 2016
Excellent place to work with multicultural emplyees and management and HR department is very understanding.Emplees help each other with scheduling and all team leaders are helpful, respond to emails promptly
Pros
team lunches from mangement
Customer service
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaMay 10, 2016
I believe that providing our customers with optimum services is the solution to building long term relationships, and the success for positive growth. We should never take any client or customer for granted and i have earned the respect of the shop owners everyday. i realize that our future depends on the service that we provide today and therefore i aim to exceed my skills’ expectations each and every time.
Pros
I'm good at what i do
Cons
negativity is out of my dictionary
get the experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 14, 2016
Handled customer concerns and inquiries professionally and efficiently over the telephone Resolved customer concerns and issues within an appropriate time frame Collaborated with several departments to provide solutions and products to meet customer requirements
Good work culture at first, but everyone good left and all that remained was hate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 27, 2016
Crushingly brutal sales cycle, no job security, and no fun. Only redeeming qualities were compensation and a great culuture (at first), but the market for the product became saturated, pay dropped off, and the culture died as a result of most the veterans leaving.
Rogers has a wonderful training module and the culture is amazing.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 18, 2016
Keeping busy
New innovative ideas
Nice and knowledgeable
Long hours of classroom training
Interaction with customers
Wonderful organization with awesome work culture.
Pros
Flexible shifts, handsome commission
A great part time job while I was in high school, however the culture required I leave the position.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 28, 2016
Sales job with awesome perks and compensation selling Rogers home services and cellular telephones to consumers and small businesses. Management was consistently shaken up(aside from at store level) resulting in unclear brand vision and often a culture of confusion with regards to sales and expectations.
Pros
Great commission compensation structure
Cons
Lack of transparency
Environment was great, great co workers, HR and upper management were unreasonable and unfair.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2016
over all i had a great time working there, before management changed. the environment was welcoming and was like a close nit family. once upper management changed they started to care less about the employees happiness. we became numbers and no longer people. unrealistic expectations were set leaving most of my fellow co workers to lower technical support quality to meet the metrics, which led to a lot of us either quitting or being let go. a few months after i left.. the management was replaced due to complaints how ever the policies never changed. HR will abuse their power on employees who don not know their rights. no union or union reps allowed.. employee ignorance will lead to problems when it comes to policies and rights.i wonder what it is like now..
Pros
great co wokers
Cons
If you don not know your rights, HR will abuse their power.
A great environment with many areas of growth opportunities within the company
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 26, 2016
I had a great time working with Rogers directly as an Inside Sales Consultant. I learned a lot about Rogers and I feel like it definitely helped me sharpen my ability to sell. Everyone helped each other stay motivated and positive which helped create an uplifting atmosphere. It was a very aggressive sales position which is what challenged me to work to the best of my ability and become better and better each day. I learned something new every day which was the best part of this job.
Pros
Special benefits and Comission
Cons
Shifts are always changing
work and schedule
Credit operations (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 30, 2016
The work is not hard management is good but schedule does not change i like flexibility when it comes to schedule with school and my wife and kid. i did not mind working late shift but it is good to have some changes here and there.
Pros
half price on phone plans
Cons
no schedule flexibility
It was at some time great and at other time a bit boring
Représentant aux ventes et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 27, 2016
I use to work at place ville marie mall. This area is full of civil servant, in afternoon , everyone goes in lunch and its only at this time that I'm working. I learned selling tricks and the concept/ history of the Rogers incorporation. I didn't like the way they managed the sotres, theres no manager so when theres a problem only the older employee can resolve the problem. It took me to be more responsable . My co-workers were great and sociable . The hardest part of the job is the administrative tasks because as i said , theres no manager so you'd have to know how to manage the store and the systems that goes with. The most enjoyable part of the job its the customers that were very professional.
Great company to work for, and great people to work with.
Customer Service and Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 11, 2016
Working for Rogers is a great experience, my position consists of answering incoming calls and assisting customers with their personal accounts. While working for Rogers I have learned how to make every customer feel important and how to reassure them that their loyalty is appreciated.
Great People / Chaotic and Poorly Managed Organization
Sr. Technical Delivery Lead (Sr. Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
Very heavy workload and chaotic. Large number of departmental layoffs added to the workload and chaos for those who remained.

Poor morale abounds.

The company seems to be in a perpetual state of reorganization, including laying off large numbers of tenured resources.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Very poor work / life balance
 Customer Account Representative
Customer Account Representative(Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
• Billing, inquiring about payment options and setting up systematic payment period based on customer AR history to receive customer payments
• Determined fraudulent activity by managing PCI compliance for analysis of credit card transactions
• Compared and recommended various products based on client capacity of investment and their personal needs
• Entered purchase invoices and recorded account history
Great Management and Cultural Atmosphere
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2016
I enjoy coming into work each day. My Manager allows flexibility which helps with my home life.

When I come into the office it feels innovative with everything I need onsite.
Pros
Incentives, Stock Options.
Cons
Long travel to and from work
Rogers is like Family
Customer Service and Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJuly 7, 2016
Rogers has been an amazing work environment from the moment I started in Oct 2014, although a large site everyone is on a first name basis from Senior Managers to colleagues. There's always news, changes and something exciting to look forward to.
Constantly changing environment with early access to cool products.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, CandaMay 7, 2016
This job consists of selling hardware and signing contracts for new Rogers customers, as well as processing upgrades and resolving issues for existing customers.

A typical work day involves getting customers to switch and sign up with Rogers on a contract, helping resolve problems for existing customers, setting up phones and making sure the products and services are functioning properly before the customer leaves the store.

The hardest part of the job is that you need to be a very calm person to work in this field and know how to deal with angry customers. There are many times when customers might irritate you because of a problem that might not have anything to do with you. The solution is to not let any comments affect you and try your best to assist the customer.
Pros
Discounted phone plans
Very friendly environment, like second home. Hardworking people always there when you need it.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Everybody has their own priorities when it comes to work. One of mine is to be happy there. I was lucky to get to the environment in Rogers where I felt like home. I found my colleagues very hardworking, professional and always there to help if you need it.
Being part of such a great team taught me to create collaborative work between different groups . I believe that constructive cooperation and teamwork, mutual understanding and trust always lead to the success.
Rogers Communtcations
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 20, 2016
Rogers communications is a very high paced environment with a culture that would motivate you to succeed. But their loyalty to their employees can be greatly improved.
Pros
Fun atmosphere and culture
Cons
Management structure needs to be reassessed.
Productive fun workplace.
Project Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 22, 2016
Enjoy working with many teams and departments. Like to help people and keep them on time and organized for their meetings. Co-chair for the Health & Safety Committee.
Pros
Great location.
Cons
Very loud open areas.
Great Company to Work
Bilingual Proposal Writer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 27, 2016
Rogers is an excellent company to work and expend several years working in.
Management is fine but sometimes they are lost in the minor objectives.
Pros
People, management, live/work balanced
Cons
No great salary increases, regularly laid off for no reason

Rogers Communications Reviews by Location