Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome Place to Work
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Paid Holidays, Flexible Shifts, Best Management, Health Care
I personally like working with Rogers Communications for there work Environment, Health benefits, Management and Flexible Shifts.
Diverse Company with cross functional opportunities
Account Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2015
Rogers Communications Inc. is a diverse company with great opportunities for cross functional experience. Great people and a fast paced environment.
productive workplace stressful environment
home phone and internet technical support (Current Employee), 355 yorl mills rdDecember 15, 2015
Pros: great compensation
Cons: unstable schedules, shift work
As a technical support agent in the home phone and internet department, we are constantly working with the public rectifying technical issues. I have learned many technical skills and information in resolving home phone and internet issues. I have learned how the Rogers systems work and precess in how to fix them in a timely, efficient manner along with a professional attitude in the process.
the management team in Rogers provides helpful guidance and support through one one coaching and team meetings.
Simply not a fun place to work, Very Low Morale, managers dont really care
Field Service Analyst - Field Service Center (Current Employee), 855 York MillsDecember 15, 2015
Pros: apparently we pay more than competing companies for similar positions
Cons: you are just a number and you will not get any gratification working here
Hardest part is being an ambassador for the product. I hate telling people i work here because i will just get bombarded with complaints, and i dont blame them, because my own services are equally poor. If i did not work for the company, i would not be a subscriber.

We advertise as the fastest internet, and fastest this and fastest that...yet the systems and tools to support such are dated and slow.
We do not improve any processes and we've laid off so many people yet we maintained the same level of work on fewer staff.

Nobody has fun here, people collect there pay checks and thats pretty much it.

All the social events we once had, are gone. At one point, managers used to walk the floors and talk to the front line...were lucky if front level managers leave there cubicles with a smile on there faces. We are required to do these employee engagement surveys, despite the poor scores, nothing changes.

nobody has a name, were all just numbers, if you want to get your soul and life sucked out of you, this is the place to be. I will say this though, ive met employees who transferred from competing companies, apparently we pay very well. But i am at a point, where my time, my life and my soul hold more value than pay.

I am in my 15th year, and I have no loyalty to this company, once something comes up I am out.
Lots of benefits
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 13, 2015
I've worked with a lot of good and bad people at Rogers but as a whole the company tries to take care of their employees. Management always had confidence in my work and knew that I knew what I was doing.
open opportunity work environment with no job security
Non-Pay Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: not enough people on our team to support the work
While I like my job, I feel its time for me to move on and try something new. I have been with the company nine years and would like to start setting my expectations higher so that I can be more challenged on a daily basis. A typical day at work is spent behind a computer, sitting at a deck, auditing contractor work, invoicing the contractors, training other employees in the company regarding new systems, or creating job aid to support these training sessions. I spend a lot of time helping to develop new and improved ways to work with new systems that are being brought into the company. My co-works are okay. I work with a lot of women and it can be challenging at times, but I don't let inner office politics get in my way. The hardest part of my job is staying focused as I am beginning to get bored with what I do. Staying motivated is difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job is probably the people I directly work with.
Challenging and fast paced environment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Toronto and OttawaDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Exciting and always changning
Rogers has provided many opportunities for growth and development; the environment is fast paced and always changing which provides continuous learning.
Your Impact Shows
Developer Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2015
If you work hard, it's a very rewarding place to be - You may not get recognized for EVERYTHING that you do, but you are able to see how your work impacts others and as a result, impacts the company as a whole. Being such a huge company, that is a great feeling!
Pushes far too hard on sales not enough time spent on customer service.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 16, 2015
The stores are pushed to have employees primary focus be sales related. This greatly effects the customer service as the staff are given written warnings if the targets are not met. Additionally the customer service performance is also based on sales. Going over and above to reconcile a problem for a customer should include an attempt to sell more service. Its not an enjoyable work environment.
It's an OK place to work depending on you management.
Business account retention (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 13, 2015
The new CEO is a source of fresh air.

department is very geared towards sales.
allot of pass the buck to the next csr. no ownership
not clear on the roles and responsibility of the department. Allot of sink or swim situation.

if you want to move up, you show initiative, you will be helped. Often be put in a temporary position for a while before being confirmed.

you have set schedule every quarter
pay is competitive in the market.
good social benefits.
Excellent Staff Oriented Company
Business Service Delivery/Retention (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 7, 2015
Pros: Great employees and benefits
Cons: Shift Work
Great employees and management, however poor scheduling and availability due to excess employees. Fast paced environment. I have learned how to deal with difficult customers and being patient. Great relationship with co-workers and team building.
HAted working here
Customer Service Consultant- Retention Department (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
Cons: Short lunches
Hated working here. Lunches were short. They expected so much from you. I didn't stay long enough to see what my bonuses would look like. Irate customers. If you can deal with irate customers then it could work for you.
A place to grow and form lasting relationships
IT Business Analyst - Process (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Company discounts, competitive salary, large work spaces
Cons: Flexibility, lack of work/life balance
I've been with this company for many years and have seen so much change and evolution occur within the organization. Different leaders, different work space and ever changing responsibilities.

I have had the pleasure to work for some really great people, not great because they let you slack off or buy you lunch (although that is appreciated), but because they have the ability to inspire you. From encouraging you to grow in your career, placing trust in your abilities to allowing you the flexibility to work remotely. These managers know how to drive and move their team forward.

I've also come across those managers that hold such a tight reign on their employees that the inevitable "job search" starts. From micro-management, distrust and disorganization. These managers are, luckily for me, not ones that I had to endure for long periods of time. Since the one thing this company is known for, is change.

This company, like many others, is trying to find their footing in this new telecommunications landscape. Kids are smart. They expect more from their provider than Saturday morning cartoons and sending emojis to friends.

Rogers has given me more that a job. It has given me education, friends, partnerships, career opportunities and experiences that otherwise I would not have had.
Excellent
Account Manager/ Sr. Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: discounts, perks
Cons: n/a
Great People, Great Contract, Excellent environment
Excellent Training, Great Company Metrics.\
Making calls, administrative work.
It's Good
QA Lead (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 2, 2015
I love Rogers for many reasons. It's been an incredible experience and I feel like a part of a corporate culture that gets bigger and better every day. The new CEO Guy is ... awesome. He has come in and really bulldozed through a lot of 'comfortable but ineffective' ways of doing things. I'm so excited to have someone so modern take Rogers to the great places we're headed
Good company with insecure job
Fiber Optics (Former Employee), GTA, ONNovember 2, 2015
Good life/work balance, fair pay and benefits but constantly shifting job security. Management seems to be chosen at random, not based on knowledge.
Lots of outsourcing, firing 50+ employees constantly.
No thanks for anything, any extra mile is taken for granted.
$$$ and stocks/shareholders above customers and way above employees. Not a good culture which destroys employee loyalty.
Overall great place to work
Customer Service Retention Representative (Current Employee), Pickering, ONNovember 1, 2015
Pros: mid year and yearly performance based raises and great benefits
Cons: micro managing, metrics are very strict, especially when it comes to not meeting sales targets and personal off phone time, break and lunch overages even by 1-2 minutes
Great place to work with a fast passed environment.
Very heavy on meeting metrics and when you do the bonus payouts are well worth it.
You can move up relatively quickly within the company if your willing to put in the effort and time.
No scripted verbiage and no cold calls but you can make the occasional outbound call if its for a sale.
They really give a lot of props to sales.
It's customer service so obviously there will be some stressful calls but part of the job is knowing that sometimes you need to sit there and be the verbal punching bag in order to fully understand the customer situations. plus there is always help and support steps away when needed.
You'll definitely make a lot of great friends with your coworkers.
Very lovely envirnment for work
Customer Retention Agent (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 31, 2015
Worked with a lot of different colleges mentalities, all followed respectfully the company politics and rules. team managers worked close to all the team members and appreciated all progresses they remark.

It is a positive place to work and develop, opportunities here and there.
OutRank is as good as it sounds
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lakeshore BlvdOctober 29, 2015
Rogers is very good company to work for, but Outrank by Rogers is Horrible place to work. Too much pressure to make sales. Getting Sales is not that easy at all (no matter how good of a sales person you are) m. They say its 9-5, but there are no fixed hours basically. You may end up working till 10 or 11pm and weekends as well.
Opportunities to advance your carrier but very corporate and $ driven
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 25, 2015
Pros: Advance and change your carrier, learn the telecom business & technologies
Cons: Thankless job, Executives that care only about $, no real innivation
Rogers has been struggling to make the "3.0" plan make a change to the corporate culture. Rather than engaging the employees the CEO seems to "tell" them what they think (his blog is mandated & monitored) and try to drive results by shaming owners of initiatives that have issues. The management does not seem to believe in what it states and invest $ where needed replacing older technologies.

The company feels like it has been acquired by the European giant Vodafone where the CEO keeps on bringing more and more executives.

While the employees are supposed to be inspired the day-to-day approach leaves much to desire in improvement to company culture.
It does not promote innovation and risk taking (although it says it does)