Rogers Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
Fast paced, team oriented & customer service based as it pertains to the company. Great managment & coworkers. Since I've been at this company for 8yrs it is not as hard as it appears anymore. However, trying to save the customer from cancelling has its difficult moments. The most enjoyable part is the customers and the staff.
Pros
Freedom to contact and make new customers
Cons
Standing
Productive and Fun Work Place with Room to Grow
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 27, 2016
The location I work at helps promote internal growth. Management motivates and encourages you to pursue and excel within Rogers.
Good people but hard to move on
Consumer Consultant (Current Employee) –  TorontoMay 26, 2016
Hours are long,pay not the best. Management is nice, but it is incredibly hard to move on. Takes years to move on and go where you want to go.
Productive And Fun
Commercial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
Rogers communications is definitely a fun and enjoyable place to work. Management is friendly lots of room for advancement.
Pros
lots of advancement
Cons
Layoffs
I work as a Portfolio prime for Capital Spend
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 25, 2016
Managing capital projects is my passion.Data Sanctity is of primary focus to ensure that management decisions are based on concrete numbers .

primarily work with project and program managers which makes this role very interactive , enjoyable and challenging at the same time.

People skills and soft skills are fundamental to be successful in this role.
Pros
Diverse groups - bring new learning to the table every day ..never a dull moment here :-)
Cons
Dealing with different personalities, volatile environment demands patience and respect at all times.
Fun workplace
RHP Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 19, 2016
Implementation of sharespace work atmosphere at Rogers Park in Brampton provides a better work and collaborative experience. Definitely a dramatic change.
Fun and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
fast pase always somthing to do
goood first job
great customer service training
love to smile
love to eat the food
flexible hours
good for students
great hours
Pros
nothing
Cons
the manager
Great peers to work with.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 18, 2016
Come in take calls and then end of shift to go home. There is weekly incentives for highest sales but a lot of the customer don't want new services.
Pros
Longer lunches
Cons
short breaks
Nice people, lots of work...
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 12, 2016
ITs my second time with Rogers in last 5 years. Changes - all dev work has been outsourced. It is all about vendor management on my line of work (PM).
first real job. learning experience.
Installation and Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 11, 2016
technical support. lots of micromanagement and silly scripts. the golden age of tech support? i don't know. i left because i didn't want to be a lifer sitting on the phone telling people how to click on the start button. i eventually moved on.
Room to Grow
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 4, 2016
Rogers is an awesome company to work for if you'd like to be considered for advancement when positions become available. It also a great company for students as most managers are willing to work around your school schedule.
Pros
Discounts on services
An overall average place to work at.
System Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 30, 2016
A company with a culture of friendships and nepotism. Difficult to advance career without having a godfather in management.
The co-workers are great and the work environment is good, issue is the poor higher management.
A great environment with many areas of growth opportunities within the company
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 26, 2016
I had a great time working with Rogers directly as an Inside Sales Consultant. I learned a lot about Rogers and I feel like it definitely helped me sharpen my ability to sell. Everyone helped each other stay motivated and positive which helped create an uplifting atmosphere. It was a very aggressive sales position which is what challenged me to work to the best of my ability and become better and better each day. I learned something new every day which was the best part of this job.
Pros
Special benefits and Comission
Cons
Shifts are always changing
Great People / Chaotic and Poorly Managed Organization
Sr. Technical Delivery Lead (Sr. Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
Very heavy workload and chaotic. Large number of departmental layoffs added to the workload and chaos for those who remained.

Poor morale abounds.

The company seems to be in a perpetual state of reorganization, including laying off large numbers of tenured resources.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Very poor work / life balance
Great Place to Start
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 21, 2016
Rogers was a Part Time job I had selling cellphones and it was a great way to begin my career in sales. I learned a lot about building rapport and leaving a lasting impression with customers that would generate referrals in the long term.
Pros
good pay for part time
Cons
very little advancement
Great atmosphere
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 20, 2016
the office space is amazing to work in. The sharespace is an amazing experience and allows productivity. The management is the only issue that i would have this with company.
Great Canadian Success Story
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Overall a great company to work for with great people, employee benefits and culture. Diverse and varied departments with plenty of offices to work from.
Pros
Discounts of services
Cons
Sometimes difficult to advance career
Exciting place to work
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
Exciting place to work. Challenging environment with generally kind people to work with. A typical day at work is taking angry calls about data overages that customers dispute.
Productive and Learning Environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
As part of PMO my work usually revolves around communicating and coordinating with various work stream primes to get updates on their work progress specifically around their scope and milestones. My responsibilities in my current role includes scope & risk management so i am mostly coordinating with project team on the change request that are ongoing as well as their on going risks and issues that may have an impact on the program.
Our management is progressive and encourage innovation. I have been very fortunate to work with people who are willing to impart knowledge and i have learned a lot as a result. Having a wireless background I didn't have a lot of knowledge of cable tv and internet industry specifically around the Key inputs & technologies that are required to deliver a cutting edge TV and internet products. That is not the case anymore.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to having to meet people from different backgrounds and experience. This helps me learn a lot and results in professional growth.
Pros
50% off cable tv, internet and cell phone services
productive and fun place to work and learn new skills
Escalation Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 18, 2016
it was a very challenging place to work but at the same time I was able to learn many skills. Managements was always helpful as well as co-workers always willing to help.

Rogers Communications Reviews by Location