Rogers Communications

Rogers Communications Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fantastic Employer!
Escalations Advisor Management Office (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 5, 2014
Rogers is an amazing company to work for, they keep you up to date with tons of training and information for all the new technology.
Good workplace especially for those located in the West end of the City
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good team to be part of.
Cons: long and stressful work hours.
Long hours.
Inconsistent work priorities.
However, the teams assigned to projects were very dedicated and great to collaborate with.
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative, Retention. (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 23, 2013
Set in an ideal location in Brampton. Nice atmosphere and great support. Great people.
DBA
Lead Oracle Database Administrator / Team Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2013
One of the best place to work. Very dynamic environment with many opportunities to grow.
amazing place to work
Customer Service Rep- call centre (Former Employee), bramptonDecember 12, 2013
Pros: people, pay, location
Cons: retail hours
great people and pay. amazing company benefits. Great training program
Fun,Friendly and Professional
Retention Care Agent (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 3, 2013
Pros: free lunches, flexable hours
Cons: conflicting hours, high volume
- A typical day at work would be greeted with a smile the minute you entered the door.

-What I learned was how to deescalate an irate customer and retain their business.

- The management was extremely friendly and always available to help.

-My co-workers were easy to relate to and also there to lend a helping hand

-The hardest part of my job was – more... not taking things customers said "personal" but it also taught me patience and call control

-The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with different people everyday, on or off the phone. – less
Tv in the lunch room and and a foosball table
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pickering, ONNovember 12, 2013
I love working for rogers. It is great company to work for by far the best place I have worked at the staff is great.
Fast paced, rewarding and lots of opportunity
CFO Wireless and Cable (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2013
Great people. Lots of energy and fast paced. Good teamwork. Rewarding
Many perks to keep you in your position
Customer Relations Consultant (Current Employee), North York, ONOctober 27, 2013
Pros: okay pay, benefits from the first day, employee discount, paid vacation.
Cons: no floor support, no flexibility with shifts, you go on performance steps if you miss any shifts or are late, useless training
I love Rogers but hate the customers! Rogers is very good to their employees with many perks and treatment. The only thing is managers are pretty lazy most of the time and there are many stupid rules that come up and they don't tell you but then you get in trouble. Also there is barely any training, you learn everything as you go.
Constantling changing environment
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), BramptonOctober 21, 2013
Lot's of team activities
Learned a lot about customer service
Overcame a lot of challenges
Excellent multi-cultural and multifaceted environment that fosters personal growth.
Enhanced Sales and Service Store Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 10, 2013
Pros: opportunity for advancement, great work environment, constant communication between all levels.
Cons: poor work life balance
Excellent sales results are a direct representation of the level of engagement and accountability managed in the retail environment. I believe that thinking locally and acting globally is the key to first-class customer service and establishing and building on our bottom line. It is my goal to create and maintain teams that are deliberate, customer – more... focused and conscious of how to use the tools given to meet and exceed sales targets. – less
N/A
Consumer Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 24, 2013
N/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
A Great Experience
Quality Assurance Performance Facilitator (QAPF) (Former Employee), Brampton ONSeptember 23, 2013
My 8 hrs day, will conduct performance enhancement session, listening to the quality of the calls, groups sessions. I've learned a lot about articulating my vocabulary, confident, and enhancing my leadership skills. The hardest part of my job, is conducting sessions and listening to calls and doing follow ups n the timely manner. The most enjoyable – more... part is the encouraging and motivating others to perform their best. – less
Amazing company. Leader in Cummunications and Entertainment in Canada
Host, Promotional Street Team & Remote Technician (Former Employee), North Bay, ONSeptember 13, 2013
Amazing experience. Great company. It is consider the leader in communications and entertainment. For me, was the best experience to work for such a great company.
All About Work
Inbound CSR/Technical Support (Former Employee), Pickering, ONSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: computer intensive
Very little company activities to balance all the technical work done from day to day.
Wonderful environment!
CREDIT OPERATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great people, easy job.
Excellent employer, wonderful working environment. Rogers truly hires people based on personality and competency.
Good Benefits & Compensation
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: benefits
Great call center environment and supportive management.
Enjoyable experience
Workforce Coordinator (Former Employee), Moncton, NBSeptember 5, 2013
Too bad alot of the good paying jobs are not available in New Brunswick. after management there is little to go, however as far as New Brunswick jobs go, it was good.
Good employer, difficult job.
Customer Retention Agent (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: decent wage, decent benefits, good management and co-workers
Cons: stressful job, difficult public relations, managing fallout from decisions/mistakes you don't make
I worked in customer retention. It's an extremely difficult and high stress position. You deal with people at their very worst, who have high and often unrealistic expectations for what you can do to resolve their problems. Also, many of these problems often extend from or are exacerbated by customer-unfriendly decisions made at the executive level, – more... or the mistakes of other employees.

I had an excellent manager, and my interactions with other managers did not leave anything to be desired. Wage is reasonable and benefits are generally pretty good, but for a junior employee it can sometimes be difficult to get time off when you need it. Their policies on sick (and related) days are fairly unforgiving for employees within their first year as well. You get six paid six days, but using them moves up up a ladder of potential disciplinary action.

So illnesses that are unusually severe/frequent/extended, but not so severe as to qualify for short-term disability will leave you in a pretty precarious position.

I left the position due to stress and anxiety relating from my dealings with upset customers. If you are extremely patient/thick skinned, or just generally have a disarming effect on people, this could be a good job for you. However if angry or demanding people cause you stress or anxiety, I do not recommend this position. – less
Vibrant and fabulous company
Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 27, 2013
Pros: bonus pay
Cons: long hours
Excellent benefits
Ability to climb the corporate ladder
Extensive training program