Rogers Communications

Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Senior Manager Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  333 Bloor Street27 November 2016
Work as a senior manager PI and the management only praises the favourites only. They do not care about your values and if you are not among the favourite you are a goner..
You can survive if you are a good buddy of the manager regardless if you can work or not.
They just dump you like a dead fish middle of nowhere All the good ppl are leaving the place purely due to politics. Ask around the turn around in PI recently and check why before applying for this job. They do trail and error, If the management fails, you are the scapegoat! You can give it a try and stick there if you are lucky!
Pros
Salary benefits
Cons
Absolutely no job security, . You can always be a victim of their trail and error decsion which fails more often than not
Balance approached?!?
Corporate Sales Manager, Small Enterprise Unit (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
many extremes at Rogers for better and worse.

- salary and benefits are attractive.
- work balance life balance is depend on position and role within the company.
- job security and advancement opportunity for capable individuals is unlimited.
- senior Management lacks vision, lack of engagement with front line employees and a very poor strategic approach.
- job culture is inconsistent from team to team. overall breakdown in communications between departments, lack training and employee support.
Interactive team based workplace
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 March 2017
Rogers Wireless goes out of its way to make sure the teams are being stimulated constantly with wireless related games that teach us all new skills for selling and how to give great customer service on a day to day basis. I learned a lot this way on how to diffuse a negative situation and how to communicate properly with not just customers but everyone I encounter in my life. By creating these work based games it made for an environment that is fun and laid back but can also be fast paced. Critical thinking/problem solving is necessary to get the job done effectively in times like those.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Micro managing and having to work before being "on the clock".
Pressure Cooker Job
Empowerment Division (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
A typical day at work involves listening to client needs and finding ways to resolve their concerns. Management will do whatever they can to offer support and aid you. Co-workers (especially ones with tenure) will be a great source of helpful hints and tips.

The toughest part of the job is in the mediation. It takes effort to reach a compromise when every demand can not be met. However, it is satisfying when you do reach a solution that satisfies everyone involved.
Pros
Health Benefits, RRSP
Cons
High Pressure Demand from Management and Clients that may conflict
Please see below
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
Fast-pased environment. Priorities tend to change on daily bases. You have to be a multi-tasker, well organized, detail oriented, good communication skills, being resourceful, being able to find a quick solution to a problem etc. to keep up with the daily requirements. Good flexible management. The goal was for me to understand their working style and where they needed most support. I had very good working relationship not only with the Directors I worked for but my co-workers as well. They were team players wonderful intelligent people and all of us working together as a team towards achieving the departments goals and success.
Pros
good benefits and flexibility
Cons
after each reorganization lot of good people lose their jobs.
A fun, exciting and great place to work!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 September 2016
I had a great time working at Rogers. I was able to gain unbelievable amounts of knowledge and experience throughout my employment that will help me advance in my career life. I always woke up excited to start my day at work as you were always greeted with a smile by your co-workers. Everyday I was able to learn something new and I never experienced the same day twice, which kept it interesting. Management was kind of, not the best, but bearable. I loved working in a position that offered me hourly rates plus commission.
Pros
a lot of incentives for employees, good benefits package, great discount packages
Cons
you must sell in order to keep your position
Contradictory Expectations
Customer Escalation Rep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 February 2017
The company would regularly give set parameters in regards to call length, certain phrases that had to be used, and what kind of compensation can be given while also telling us to do things outside of those parameters to raise customer service satisfaction ratings and then reprimand you for going outside of those parameters.
Fun work environment with a lot of advancement opportunities
Agent au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 January 2017
I enjoyed working for Rogers telecommunications because all the benefits and the fun work environment. Also the advancement possibilities and flexible schedules.
Pros
Scheduals are very flexible
Cons
The office is located far from any metro station
Good Company, great benefits and Good Managers
Rogers Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2016
Nice place to work. The benefits are good and the Managers are great. Work Life balance is not the best.

With Families its difficult to get a schedule to fit. and the Schedules change very often, however I would recommend it as a good place to be employed.
Pros
Great benefits, Competitive Salary
Great place to work as a student
Full time Key holder and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON6 March 2017
Great place to work as a student. Friendly environment, well compensated. High expectations of sales. Difficult to keep calm at times, fast paced job.
Pros
friendly staff, good compensation
Cons
lacked management and organization
Great job for students
Sales Associate / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2016
At Rogers we handle customer service, selling and product knowledge to deliver that information to clients, at the retail store we are at the front line for the company where we must manager the customer experience and help the company grow. It is challenging as there are always new focuses but it is also rewarding.
Pros
Benefits and good comission
Typical call centre experience
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 February 2017
Rogers was a good company to work for, however there is no room to grow within the company and it is the typical call centre experience. The pay and benefits were good, and the perk were amazing. I gained a lot of customer service experience which helped with future positions.
I loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 February 2017
Honestly Loved working at Rogers, but unfortunately I had to move. My coworkers, my management and everyone was like family. The salary was good, and the hours were decent.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
none really
fun and competitive workplace
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2017
As a store manager, one can hire who he/she thinks best fit the philosophy Rogers created. Competition is very high among peers because everyone wants to win the free trip for two every year.
Pros
bOnus, benefits, incentives
Cons
reporting is not accurate as of now
great company
Sales/ Small Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS31 January 2017
Love to work for company. Great benefits and resources available. Company cares about employees even at the retail even.
Health benefits are not the best, they do not cover much at more than 50% of drugs and don't have the best coverage for other needs.
Rogers
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Really good place to work at as a student. Very flexibl plus you get benefits. It is a great place to start. Management is great. You can usually do well alldat.
Solid work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 August 2016
Pay was good, commission helped. Managers at the Conestoga location were amazing. Taught me a lot about sales and how to word things. Job can get stressful since customers will get very mad very easily over their services, but the management once again had a huge role in helping overcome that. Great jobs for students that want a good work experience and decent money.
Pros
Cell plan benefits, health benefits, commission, advancement is quite possible
Cons
dealing with angry customers
Excellent
Sales/Retail (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2017
Great Company to work for, had a wonderful time. Unfortunately I moved and couldn't keep working with the company. Supplied good benefits and amazing people.
Terrible place to work
Revenue Assurance (Former Employee) –  One Mount Pleasant17 June 2016
Started off as a Sprint Canada employee then bought out by Rogers and became a Rogers employee.

Terrible office politics and never felt welcome. The managers had there favorites and it was obvious. Workload was impossible and terrible support from management and training. Management was never there for you and completely micro managed people. No respect from management whatsoever you were treated like a number and simply replaceable.

Management would favor there favorites and go out to coffee with them and if you were not in the club you were given a huge workload while the favorites got minimal work and it was obvious.

No job security as constant layoffs and its true as they say you never grow old working at Rogers. Getting laid off with a package was the best thing that could of ever happened.

The only good thing was the salary and benefits. There is life after Rogers and I would never go back. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
terrible managment and lack of training, too much office politics
Great place to work!
Sales and Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 November 2016
Rogers provides the complete package of work and benefits to all employees and allows for a comfortable and educational work space.

I have learned a lot in the 4 years I have worked here and do more so every day I go into work.
Pros
Great Benefits

Rogers Communications Reviews by Location