Rogers Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to start, but don't be a lifer
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: 50% discount of wireless, cable, internet, home phone, stock program
Cons: Salary increases are less than inflation regardless of performance. Constant layoffs.
Was a good place to start my adult career at. Most indicators that the starting salary is below industry standard, and it is very difficult to get a bump in salary above 1.5-2% regardless of performance. Very political. Most departments don't like talking to each other, or taking accountability so changes grind to a halt often.

The new CEO cost saving measures include laying over thousands of employees over the past few years in waves. Overall a company with a lot of potential, but it's very difficult to progress. If you're comfortable grinding it out for years at the same pay, you could do worse.
Terrible Place
Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: 50% off discount
Cons: EVERYTHING!
I would not recommend anyone to work here. A typical day in the retention call centre is taking back to back calls - having managers yell at you for having a customer on hold or being in acw while trying to note a customers account. The best thing Rogers had to offer was their 50% off and medical benefits. Other than that, I worked there for 2 years and only got a $0.53 cents raise during that time - even though my stats were through the roof. If it wasn't for all the money I made from up-selling Roger's customers, I would've taken home less than $1000 every two weeks.

Senior management, sorry management all together is a joke. Team leaders have no leadership skills, nor do they know how to manage their staff. At the end of the day, if you need a means to a way of life then you can work there. Just remember, everything is great at the beginning. Oh and hope you don't get ill! they have a steps program where you will receive a letter and it gets put into your employee record if you are absent from work for 1 day. Better to call in sick for the week and go on STD so that your illness is not used against you.
productive workplace stressful environment
home phone and internet technical support (Current Employee), 355 yorl mills rdDecember 15, 2015
Pros: great compensation
Cons: unstable schedules, shift work
As a technical support agent in the home phone and internet department, we are constantly working with the public rectifying technical issues. I have learned many technical skills and information in resolving home phone and internet issues. I have learned how the Rogers systems work and precess in how to fix them in a timely, efficient manner along with a professional attitude in the process.
the management team in Rogers provides helpful guidance and support through one one coaching and team meetings.
Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Decent Compensation Package
Cons: Outsourcing work out of the country - Learning Opportunities - Advancement
When I started , I was excited to join Rogers Communications, after the first 3 yrs, Work seemed repetitive and I didn't really feel that I was encouraged to progress.

Always keep learning and try to get to that next level.
Overall great place to work
Customer Service Retention Representative (Current Employee), Pickering, ONNovember 1, 2015
Pros: mid year and yearly performance based raises and great benefits
Cons: micro managing, metrics are very strict, especially when it comes to not meeting sales targets and personal off phone time, break and lunch overages even by 1-2 minutes
Great place to work with a fast passed environment.
Very heavy on meeting metrics and when you do the bonus payouts are well worth it.
You can move up relatively quickly within the company if your willing to put in the effort and time.
No scripted verbiage and no cold calls but you can make the occasional outbound call if its for a sale.
They really give a lot of props to sales.
It's customer service so obviously there will be some stressful calls but part of the job is knowing that sometimes you need to sit there and be the verbal punching bag in order to fully understand the customer situations. plus there is always help and support steps away when needed.
You'll definitely make a lot of great friends with your coworkers.
great benefits
CUSTOMER CARE &RETENTION CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: great benefits and awesome people and coworkers
Cons: favortisim and no advancements
great place work with awesome benefits but pay is low in comparison the work load and responsibility, also low advancement opportunity and favoritism runs through the management.
It's an OK place to work depending on you management.
Business account retention (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 13, 2015
The new CEO is a source of fresh air.

department is very geared towards sales.
allot of pass the buck to the next csr. no ownership
not clear on the roles and responsibility of the department. Allot of sink or swim situation.

if you want to move up, you show initiative, you will be helped. Often be put in a temporary position for a while before being confirmed.

you have set schedule every quarter
pay is competitive in the market.
good social benefits.
Work Environment
In Building System Designer, Radio Engineering (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 7, 2016
Nice place to work considering culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management. Co-workers are very helpful
Dynamic great outlook to the future
senior business analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Defined Pension plan, Stock purchase - good benefits
Cons: Management slow to react - except at top levels
Good place to work and great culture.
Opportunities to grow and learn.
Some old-school management - slow down the progress.
Good company with insecure job
Fiber Optics (Former Employee), GTA, ONNovember 2, 2015
Good life/work balance, fair pay and benefits but constantly shifting job security. Management seems to be chosen at random, not based on knowledge.
Lots of outsourcing, firing 50+ employees constantly.
No thanks for anything, any extra mile is taken for granted.
$$$ and stocks/shareholders above customers and way above employees. Not a good culture which destroys employee loyalty.
Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Long hours
Good place to work with great people. Leaders have great determination and drive to improve company. Benefits include a gym that is in the building and a cafeteria.
good
Escalation Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
good place to work depending on position obtained

good atmosphere

engaging management

hard dealing with some cxustomers

good benefits &^ good opportunity for growth
Awesome Place to Work
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Paid Holidays, Flexible Shifts, Best Management, Health Care
I personally like working with Rogers Communications for there work Environment, Health benefits, Management and Flexible Shifts.
Rogers was good place to gain valuable sales skills
CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES REP (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: Selling, Product placement, Business clients, Thrill of the sale, Health Benefits
Cons: Management, Low pay, No room to moveup
I enjoyed my three and half year stay at rogers. I was able to learn a lot from my customers and my colleagues. The customers taught me how to be accountable. These customers were all suit and tie customers. My store was in the heart of the financial district in downtown Toronto. So having to be presentable and accountable were my key traits to provide them with superior wireless service. I was able to master the elevator pitch.
My store got a lot of public foot traffic and the business suits coming into my store. These people did not always want to buy they came to learn, and it was my job to spark interest in a product. This product they would be committing to with a two year contract with rogers. So finding the right product for the customer was key. I learnt how to profile my customers and put them in to categories ranging from basic light user to sophisticated power user. Identifying the users lifestyle and technical level was key in my goal of product placement.
Lot of micro management in call center
Consultant comptes spéciaux affaires (Former Employee), montreal call centerFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: good salary
Cons: not professional
you don't feel taking seriously
lot of seniority but still have an awful schedule
lack of professionalism
lot of dramas / high school environment
Excellent Staff Oriented Company
Business Service Delivery/Retention (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 7, 2015
Pros: Great employees and benefits
Cons: Shift Work
Great employees and management, however poor scheduling and availability due to excess employees. Fast paced environment. I have learned how to deal with difficult customers and being patient. Great relationship with co-workers and team building.
A place to grow and form lasting relationships
IT Business Analyst - Process (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Company discounts, competitive salary, large work spaces
Cons: Flexibility, lack of work/life balance
I've been with this company for many years and have seen so much change and evolution occur within the organization. Different leaders, different work space and ever changing responsibilities.

I have had the pleasure to work for some really great people, not great because they let you slack off or buy you lunch (although that is appreciated), but because they have the ability to inspire you. From encouraging you to grow in your career, placing trust in your abilities to allowing you the flexibility to work remotely. These managers know how to drive and move their team forward.

I've also come across those managers that hold such a tight reign on their employees that the inevitable "job search" starts. From micro-management, distrust and disorganization. These managers are, luckily for me, not ones that I had to endure for long periods of time. Since the one thing this company is known for, is change.

This company, like many others, is trying to find their footing in this new telecommunications landscape. Kids are smart. They expect more from their provider than Saturday morning cartoons and sending emojis to friends.

Rogers has given me more that a job. It has given me education, friends, partnerships, career opportunities and experiences that otherwise I would not have had.
Good Job for Experience
Major Account Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Good Job for Experience. Learned alot about all telecom procedures. Dealing with C level clients.
Decent salary and wages for commissions.
Good Place to Work
technical support (Current Employee), MonctonJanuary 15, 2016
is a good place to work with good benefits. good call center environment. good starting rate of pay for a call center. great staff discount
good place to work
Wireless technical support (Former Employee), moncton, nbOctober 21, 2015
Pros: incentives, bonus, product
Cons: scheduling
great benefits, flexible scheduling. nice call center.
overall a very good place to work. the management does frequent "town halls" to speak with the agents and get feedback to improve quality of job/life