Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

Commission based and Sales Driven
Certified Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orillia, On29 April 2017
Working in the telecommunications industry requires you to be driven to make sales and to up-sell to every customer you interact with. It is an industry that looks to draw in new customers every day. Keeping existing customers happy is important, however, the focus is definitely focused on drawing in new customers. If you are not focused on these issues, you'll not find this type of work rewarding as the pay is heavily focused on commission from each sale you make. Without constant sales, you'll find pressure from upper management and will not reach your highest potential for personal income.
Pros
High levels of income are possible
Cons
Commission driven pay
Better Future of Life
Local Area Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 April 2017
Rogers is one of the Premier and Largest Telecom Company in Canada.I have worked at Rogers as a Local Sales Advisor.
I have learned so much more about Rogers and the core value of their products and services.The leader of the team encouraged me well and supported well. The team leader is really very talented and kind person, he really taught well how to sell the Rogers products and services with the prospects and I have learned more from him, how to handle the objection and close the sales.

I have enjoyed my work and got a great experience. I shall always be grateful to ROGERS for all support.I highly encourage to any applicant Who else is looking seriously at this sales and marketing JOB in the telecommunications field. ROGERS is one of the greatest Employer for turning your life for a better future.
n/a
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC27 April 2017
answering incoming calls from all over Canada and providing communication services and comparable market prices with other competitors across the country
Very productive workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  toronto on26 April 2017
I enjoyed working with my group at Rogers. I strengthened my communication skills as well as my responsibilities such as time management. Overall, my experience at Rogers was life changing.
Pros
Flexible break timings
Cons
long hours.
Fast-paced work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 April 2017
Atelka is an average call centre. The training for the job is adequate and you get assigned to supervisors who are always willing to help with issues you are not familiar with.
Worked at home as a call center in my office
Call center CSR/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
I worked as a call center but from my own home as I had all of the company's equipment, for the call center position. I enjoyed working for Roger's in the wireless dept activating cell phones,
Pros
Lots of bonuses when selling phones for the company
Cons
NO room for advancement
fun, competitive
Sr. Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 April 2017
I learned the following skills;

Customer Service
Client Care and Management
B2B Sales
negotiating and closing
contract management
Brand Representing
Pros
great entry sales opportunity
Cons
compensation
Amazing availablility of job advancement opportunities
Customer Service Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 April 2017
Great coaching and great opportunities to advance into higher management roles. Great team and work life balance. Learned how to flourish customer service skills and how to maintain and grow customer relations. Team felt like a family, the benefits for my actual family were wonderful. Typical day at work included talking to customers or potential clients, hearing their concerns, and making them smile by the end of your conversation.
Pros
free lunches, company meetings, out of work gatherings
Cons
you have to go home eventually
Amazing workplace with learning environment
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 April 2017
Overall a good place to work for. The company looks out for the interest of their employees. Friendly, professional and well trained staff. Flexible timings.
Great company but not flexible with work schedule.
Wireless Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
The company is great but the work schedule in not very flexible.
I would recommend this company if you are staring off in the call center environment. They offer great training and help you step by step, I really liked that they cared enough to offer extensive training it made the job much easier to slip into.
Cons
non flexible work schedule
Not Enough to Keep you Busy
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 April 2017
Not enough work in the day to keep you busy, although I would ask regularly. Was able to complete the given tasks far too quickly. Staff were great but there was a lot of fooling around.
Atelka
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 April 2017
bad place to work, no good salary,
worst management ever. working shifts were between 8:00 to midnight, and they changed our shift regularly without giving a headsup
Overall great company to work at.
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
Everything is above average (compared to other companies I have worked out) but salary is not competitive. Lots of room for internal advancement but very limited increase in salary.
Good Company to Work For
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 April 2017
This was a good company to work for, but I found my hours fluctuated a lot after 2 months working there, and I was working from home and lacked working with other people, which I prefer to do. I found there was miscommunication with supervisors often, too.
Pros
Flexibility with Work Schedule hours
Cons
Work hour instability
Good company with a faced paced culture
Manager Sales Compensation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
- Loved the company and had a great time while working with the cross functional teams and business units.
- Strong Management
- Good Culture
- I would recommend it to anyone
fun work enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON11 April 2017
rogers communications is a very productive and competitive work place and sometimes forced to work long hours. the commission is great if the effort by the sales reps are put in. overall the work experience is a fun and social place would definitely recommend this as a good job to any one.
fun
-Loved the team environment
-Good average of workload
-Great people
-Exceptional management team
Pros
Benefits, Environment, Location
Cons
Difficult to move departments and merges without looking at the whole picture at times
Customer service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 April 2017
Terrible job hated it everyday it was nothing but people calling and blaming you for there phone bills, I've been threatened by customers calling in because they don't think the went over there data or something. Terrible job made my life miserable
Very fun work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2017
-Serve customers
-Listen to problems
-Solving problems
-Loved the team environment
-Good average of work load
-Great people
-Exceptional management team
Great work atmosphere and culture
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 April 2017
Led projects that impacted multiple departments across multiple business units and external customers. Acted as a liaison between business and system areas and recommended work packages to fulfill solutions. Prepared and analyzed documentation on expected benefits, use cases, current/proposed process, workflows, data flows, process re-engineering studies, functional specification, risk integration and end-user adoption plans/guides. Performed analysis for projects with significant risk and impact to customer service and revenue generation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Rogers Communications Reviews by Location