Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

Just getting paid to lie /and be the bullet proof vest for them
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  853 York mills7 November 2016
After being their for 3 years.... I must say it was OK until management changed last yr, your just considered a number. Your only ok if know someone in higher level. If not your just another kart in the mall waiting to be used, picked up, then dashed in a corner for some one else to use. This cycle is your day - day basically, but you just get paid. Going home is the BEST feeling ever after.
Pros
Easy to get too, free parking, showers
Cons
All management, treated like a robot, majority of co workers are smelly
Productive and exciting work space with place to play chess at lunch break
Senior Systems Developer (Former Employee) –  Rogers Communication, Brampton development campus20 October 2016
Remarkable place to work - I had been working there for 9 years.
I learned a lot of technologies and software methodologies there.
My last manager had been the best manager I ever had, really.

The hardest part of the work - find meeting room at the other side of the huge Rogers campus building in 5 minutes and be on time!!

The most enjoyable part of the work - immediately after release, when the project I worked on (for example RLH) is deployed in Production we (all our team) see it really work as expected!!
Pros
Lunch and learn, Toastmaster classes
Cons
Commute time - a lot of traffic jam
Terrible place to work
Senior Manager Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  333 Bloor Street27 November 2016
Work as a senior manager PI and the management only praises the favourites only. They do not care about your values and if you are not among the favourite you are a goner..
You can survive if you are a good buddy of the manager regardless if you can work or not.
They just dump you like a dead fish middle of nowhere All the good ppl are leaving the place purely due to politics. Ask around the turn around in PI recently and check why before applying for this job. They do trail and error, If the management fails, you are the scapegoat! You can give it a try and stick there if you are lucky!
Pros
Salary benefits
Cons
Absolutely no job security, . You can always be a victim of their trail and error decsion which fails more often than not
Good Pay, Easy Job, Trash Employer
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 October 2016
For 1 it's an easy job you sit and just watch tv if your desk is lucky to have them, & take calls. But they have you work 6 hours a day 5 days a week so you basically have no life if you need days off they rarely approve your vacation hours, and if you're part time you don't get paid for it. looking forward to a discount? good luck you have to wait 6 months before you can apply for the discount approval
Pros
Easy job
Cons
too many to list
Duties
Blackberry Support Specialist (Contract) Toronto (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
• Support of Blackberry Enterprise Server: Integration of Blackberry with specified company’s Exchange server
• Support of Blackberry Internet server: Integration of Blackberries on Rogers Internet servers for client without an Exchange server
• Received and made calls to troubleshoot Blackberry related issues according to SLA agreements
• Replaced defective devices as required
Please see below
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
Fast-pased environment. Priorities tend to change on daily bases. You have to be a multi-tasker, well organized, detail oriented, good communication skills, being resourceful, being able to find a quick solution to a problem etc. to keep up with the daily requirements. Good flexible management. The goal was for me to understand their working style and where they needed most support. I had very good working relationship not only with the Directors I worked for but my co-workers as well. They were team players wonderful intelligent people and all of us working together as a team towards achieving the departments goals and success.
Pros
good benefits and flexibility
Cons
after each reorganization lot of good people lose their jobs.
A fun, exciting and great place to work!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 September 2016
I had a great time working at Rogers. I was able to gain unbelievable amounts of knowledge and experience throughout my employment that will help me advance in my career life. I always woke up excited to start my day at work as you were always greeted with a smile by your co-workers. Everyday I was able to learn something new and I never experienced the same day twice, which kept it interesting. Management was kind of, not the best, but bearable. I loved working in a position that offered me hourly rates plus commission.
Pros
a lot of incentives for employees, good benefits package, great discount packages
Cons
you must sell in order to keep your position
Was taught so much about sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
This was an excellent company to work for, there was a lot of training provided and management was always available to help with any questions. There was not much room for advancement but I was happy being an associate, I won several competitions for sales goals.
Pros
Competitons to motivate staff
Cons
Custmer Concerns were overwhelming
Fun and amazing place to work at
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  2235 Sheppard Ave E18 August 2016
Typical day at work includes arriving on time, starting up the computer to load call centre phone software. After that, continuous calls from customers regarding various issues regarding their service with Rogers. I deal and resolve these issues, and after the issue is resolved effectively, I promote Rogers products to the customer.
I learned customer service and sales tactics from working this position.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Strict about schedule
Solid work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 August 2016
Pay was good, commission helped. Managers at the Conestoga location were amazing. Taught me a lot about sales and how to word things. Job can get stressful since customers will get very mad very easily over their services, but the management once again had a huge role in helping overcome that. Great jobs for students that want a good work experience and decent money.
Pros
Cell plan benefits, health benefits, commission, advancement is quite possible
Cons
dealing with angry customers
No Job Security
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 August 2016
No matter your tenure, I constantly felt like I had no job security, There were multiple occasions where I didn't get my commission on time. The people that you work with are the best part about the job. Had some good experiences with managers, but also dealt with many who didn't know how to run their store. Horribly under compensated for the amount of product knowledge you are expected to know.
motivational,incentive driven,friendly
CSR / PSSG/SSO (Current Employee) –  100 Westmorland Dr Moncton18 September 2016
I am happy working for Rogers. There is a family work place. Always able to learn, fun incentives. I feel i want to be more face to face with people. This is what i did for a great many number of years and i miss the personal contact with each individual.
Pros
friendly, team oriented, educational
Cons
only over the telephone client experiences
Badly mismanaged SMB sales group
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
Lots of churn, unprofessional sales environment. Loud blasting music, clients were asking us if we were working in a club. Inexperienced managers who were unable to create a work environment conducive to success, but rather wanted to create an environment that fit their own preconceived notions of "fun" and "dynamic".
Productive environment with a nice group of team members
Door Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 October 2016
Had fun going from door to door households and engaging in talks with a multicultural populace. I had a very experienced manager who helped us out to the best of his abilities. We had flexible hours so that gave us an opportunity to focus on our University courses as well.
Good Company, great benefits and Good Managers
Rogers Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2016
Nice place to work. The benefits are good and the Managers are great. Work Life balance is not the best.

With Families its difficult to get a schedule to fit. and the Schedules change very often, however I would recommend it as a good place to be employed.
Pros
Great benefits, Competitive Salary
Productive place to work
Full time Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 November 2016
A typical day at work included greeting customers, selling, running the floor all while getting paperwork and stock done. Management at the time was not the greatest, but it has taught me how to be in a tougher shell and handle everything without being sensitive
Pros
Long Break
Cons
Long Hours
Not bad to work for
Customer Service Consultant - Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 September 2016
I was with Rogers for over 4 years, and was terminated for a difference between me and my current manager.
The pay that I received for the job I did was fantastic. The people I worked with were great. However, the manager of that "team" was a bit to be desired.
Previous managers were great, but the last one left a bad taste.
Still engaged?
Sr. Security Specialist, Cyber IR & Intel. (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 July 2016
Not so much...

The take-aways from the past several Department meetings are

All staff members are stripped of 'privileges' due to abuse of a few people.
Do more with less, and less ...
No conferences approved for attendance.
No vendor provided functions will be approved.
No job specific training - 'again'
VP message in each meeting - "if you don't like it - leave"

There is lip service from the CEO about investing in our people, but development opportunities are not flowing down to the technical support personnel.
Cons
No training for IT staff to assist with job currency
Productive and goal oriented work place
Business Analyst/Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 July 2016
Every day at work is goal oriented.I have learnt not to crack under pressure to reach the deadline of a project because utmost concentration will be needed.Excellent team work with management and co- workers. First day at work was the hardest,getting used to business environment and processes of which i got used to pretty fast and the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with my team and reaching the desired goal of the organisation.
Pros
conducive environment
Cons
non
Workplace to get explore new technology things
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON30 September 2016
Atelka which gave canadian exposure to handle customers and provide end to end customer service. It lend me wider opportunity to learn and explore new activities, organizing events, coordinating with co-workers to eco friendly environment.
Pros
Appraisal and Incentives

Rogers Communications Reviews by Location