Rogers Communications

Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good benefits and pay but poor employee culture overall
Employee (Former Employee), unavailableJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: good benefits and pay
Cons: poor culture results in poor customer service
Very large corporate mentality that very much needs to get back to customer focus and service and positive healthy culture. Employees are disengaged, but paid well.
it was an experience but an enjoyable one
Work Order Coordinator (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: the people you meet great customers, and some travel
Cons: some not so happy customers and long hours
Enjoyed my time with Rogers, some days were great , others were not, Management great to deal with, co-workers were the Best. What was enjoyable was watching the changes with technology and how it change the way we communicate.
It's a job
Senior Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: the people
Everyone has their preconceived notions about a company based on their media / public presence but at the end of the day it's a job and you do it the best you can with what you're given. That said.. I did very well here and I had a lot of fun. I was one of 10 people in my department supporting clients nationwide during evening / late hours.
Great place
Full Time Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: gift cards for hitting sales goals.
Cons: pay was falling behind competitors.
Enjoyable work place. Great work environment, great staff, and great experience and knowledge gained.
Good people, hard job
Customer Service (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 28, 2014
Taking calls from customers
dealing with retention of customer accounts
Great place to work amazing people and an overall good company
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONDecember 23, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: salary
A typical day at rogers would include the following duties:

- opening and closing store
- shipping and receiving
- coaching staff and managing their weekly one-on-ones
- helping customers with everyday questions
- keeping on top of sales and targets (month to date and quarter to date).
- managing scheduling and payroll
- auditing and working with the loss prevention team on a monthly basis
- handling customer objectives and escalations
Inflexible workplace
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 13, 2014
Pros: flexible vacation, great co-workers
Cons: unrealistic expectations, strict schedule, discrepancies in quality of information
While I was there Rogers did not focus on customer service as heavily as they should have which resulted in customer dissatisfaction, which requires time to reverse. Unrealistic sales goals and ACT led to further customer dissatisfaction and a dramatic loss of customer base.

Workstations were not ergonomic, creating pain and discomfort. Different managers would give different information and it was difficult to figure out which information was correct and which information wasn't.

Numerous times customers had lengthy issues that needed to be reconciled, but instead of being given time to fix these issues, we were scolded that we were spending too much time on a particular customer and that it wasn't our "job" to fix bigger issues.

Pay was great but did not compensate for the fact I knew I was letting customers live with issues that should not have occurred in the first place if everyone had done their jobs correctly the first time.
Did not stay long enough time to explore
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Pickering, ONDecember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
I was going through 3 months training period. I had to discontinue due to medical condition.
Good work environment if the call centre is your thing
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee), Richmond Hill,OnNovember 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good pay
Cons: very little flexibility in terms of vacation and days off
Typical day is coming into work logging and and just taking calls. There is a lot to learn in the environment because supporting Internet requires knowledge of a variety of computers and software programs that are constantly changing. The management is good, always willing to work with you if any issues arise, or if you are looking for career advancement. There is a mutual interest as well in ensuring you perform well in your job and not just settling for meeting only what is required. Co-workers are great, they are always there to help one another to help resolve any issues that may come up. The hardest part is dealing with people who tend to talk down to you or get upset at you based on their own assumptions of what is going on. Best part is helping someone with an issue and hearing the relief in their voice.
Fun, productive work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: long hours
Rogers is an amazing company to work for! they have great incentives and a lot of amazing people to work with. Everyone is very ambitious and they make your daily job more easy with the right tools and people to guide you for everything.
Amazing company with many perks!
Print & Design Specialist Marketing Communications (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: there were non
No day was typical as every moment something new would come up and would be urgent. That was probably the hardest part of the job! Co-workers were amazing, Rogers overall was an Amazing experience and one that I will always cherish.
GOOD WORKPLACE
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 23, 2014
GOOD BENEFITS BUT THE MANAGEMENT ARE BUNCH OF IDIOTS BEING HIRED WITHOUT THE RIGHT EXPERIENCE.
Great place to work at
Project Manager, Rogers Partnerships (Former Employee), MontrealOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: can be a challenging environment
Great learning experience, many departments to work for.
Very competitive environment.
Great team environment
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2014
Rogers is a great employer. I cannot speak for all teams, however I can say the strategy group provided great training, good leadership and allowed employees to focus on the big issues.

Strong work-life balance, a great team of seniors to learn from and a wide asset base that allowed you to cover the full range of the TMT field from mobile payments to sports broadcast deals.
review
Sourcing and Contract Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2014
Dynamic work environment. Everyday is different but I always get an opportunity to learn something new or to encounter a new situation. Working for Rogers is a rewarding experience.
fun team to work with
BlackBerry Technical Support Tier II (Former Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 6, 2014
• Setup emails on BIS (Blackberry Internet Service), solving any hardware or software issues
• Collected information and performed initial troubleshooting of Desktop configuration
• Provided services, evaluated concerns and complaints
• Resolved concerns in a timely and professional manner, either personally or through referral to supervisory level
• Utilized strong interpersonal skills in dealing with co-workers, supervisors and general public
• Demonstrated professionalism and attention to detail on the job while providing efficient service and dedication to the task at hand
A great, yet demanding place of employment
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2014
I worked for Rogers in a number of progressive roles over the years and loved being a part of their team. There are many opportunities for advancement and I worked for a Director that I really liked which only adds to a great working experience. The only down side is that there is a poor work/ life balance and I often worked in excess of 12 hours per day. This was not the expectation as communicated to me, however was the only way to meet the demands of the job.
N/a
Business Consultant, Business Service Delivery (Former Employee), BramptonOctober 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Provided service and solutions to small and medium business customers.

Provided full account management and assistance with a proactive approach in anticipating and finding solutions to their future needs.
Sales, servicing, billing and maintained relationships for all product lines including Rogers wireless and Rogers cable products.

Added, removed or changed service features; in depth billing and usage explanation and analysis; price plan analysis while meeting systematic targets.

Problem solving and selling enabled through an intimate understanding of Rogers’ business products, services and systems.
Be prepared to be attacked
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Markham, OntarioSeptember 27, 2014
Cons: no customer = no commission
Very unorganized work place, too much disconnect between call centers and in store staff

1 2 3 4 5