Rogers Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive fun workplace.
Project Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 22, 2016
Enjoy working with many teams and departments. Like to help people and keep them on time and organized for their meetings. Co-chair for the Health & Safety Committee.
Pros
Great location.
Cons
Very loud open areas.
Fun and amazing place to work at
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  2235 Sheppard Ave EAugust 18, 2016
Typical day at work includes arriving on time, starting up the computer to load call centre phone software. After that, continuous calls from customers regarding various issues regarding their service with Rogers. I deal and resolve these issues, and after the issue is resolved effectively, I promote Rogers products to the customer.
I learned customer service and sales tactics from working this position.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Strict about schedule
Excellent
Sales Associate (Shift Lead) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2016
It was fun to work for Rogers Communications. It was unfortunate that video store business declined dramatically in year 2012 and Rogers decided to close the store.
Enjoyable part of the job
Service/Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 10, 2016
The best part of my job was without a doubt the people that I work with. Everyone is always ready to help and encourage one another. That has definitely helped me become a more confident person.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
N/A
Still engaged?
Sr. Security Specialist, Cyber IR & Intel. (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 29, 2016
Not so much...

The take-aways from the past several Department meetings are

All staff members are stripped of 'privileges' due to abuse of a few people.
Do more with less, and less ...
No conferences approved for attendance.
No vendor provided functions will be approved.
No job specific training - 'again'
VP message in each meeting - "if you don't like it - leave"

There is lip service from the CEO about investing in our people, but development opportunities are not flowing down to the technical support personnel.
Cons
No training for IT staff to assist with job currency
Productive and goal oriented work place
Business Analyst/Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 27, 2016
Every day at work is goal oriented.I have learnt not to crack under pressure to reach the deadline of a project because utmost concentration will be needed.Excellent team work with management and co- workers. First day at work was the hardest,getting used to business environment and processes of which i got used to pretty fast and the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with my team and reaching the desired goal of the organisation.
Pros
conducive environment
Cons
non
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2016
Rogers overall is a good place to work. Pay could be better for the amount of work that is done in store, and commission could be a bit more stable as the payout changes quite a bit.
Pros
Good benefits, discounts
Cons
Long hours, standing all day, tough customers
awesome place to work in
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 20, 2016
way ahead of technology and good people to work with team work is excellent, relaxed but fast paced, moving ahead of time and technology, instant real time systems
Pros
great benefits
good company
Sales Representative (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 16, 2016
the people there are helpful , the hours of the duty not always fixed but still work is fine , the staff act like a team and they are very friendly .
Good company to work.
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2016
Best company I had worked with & got the chance to learn new technologies. People are Technically very sound with great attitude to contribute in others growth.
Fun place to work
Retail and Corporate Business Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJuly 15, 2016
The job all depends on you, your on a commission plus hourly basis. Fairly good pay and is a good job when you are student. Many perks on phones and plans.
Pros
Fun culture and good job during school
Cons
not enough pay
great coworkers
Ticketing Support (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 8, 2016
great coworkers, but the ability to move up in the company are limited. The company mainly resides in Ontario. Very difficult to transfer locations
Pros
30 minute lunch
Cons
job opportunities are lacking in management
Rogers- Where change was always happening and learning was a part of my daily job.
Escalation Advisor Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 6, 2016
Working at Roger's was a great experience, I learnt something new everyday. Typically, a day at Rogers began like this, get to work with my coffee saying hello to all my co-workers as i passed by their desks. I would sit down at my seat and turn on my computer, opening all the programs required to aid me for the day ahead. After being all set up I would open my Outlook email and get caught up on anything new, as with Rogers there was something new everyday. Once finished with my email, I would sign into the phones and begin my day taking calls, resolving conflicts and concerns for clients of Rogers. At Rogers we would have a scheduled meeting everyday to check in with our team and bring forward anything that needed clarification. Management was very helpful in guiding me through processes that may have been difficult for me to understand. The most difficult part of my job was telling some clients that I genuinely empathized with and understood their issues that I could not help them, if I was legitimately unable to help. What I learn with Rogers was that 90% of the time there is an answer to a question weather you liked the answer or not.
Life at Rogers
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2016
Without going into too many specifics, life at Rogers was very positive overall. I highly recommend Rogers as an employer.
Pros
Good pay and Benefits
Cons
High stress and demanding/inflexible performance targets
Always rated at top ranking employer
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 5, 2016
Great work place with the right salary and excellent benefits for their employees. Overall a really good place to work in while even at the entry level employment for there is always room for employee growth and opportunity for advancement. It was a excellent organization to work in.
Pros
Overall great company to work with
Cons
work some time stressful
Poor
Full Time Commission Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 30, 2016
i enjoyed all of my co workers management was all about business meeting qoutas was more important then if my daughter was sick and needed to be taken care of commission was a nice factor but when things are slow not so much.
Fun and flexible work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJune 30, 2016
A lot of perks

Will train you to handle extreme situations and better customer service

Management is okay, depending on the manager

Commission on sales is fantastic
Great Company with Great Benefits
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 29, 2016
Worked for the company for 3 1/2 years and I actually get offended by a lot of the negative comments I see. Great Company to work for, my experience was awesome. People love to be negative and hate, don't believe all the negatively towards Rogers. They treat their employees great and you get great benefits and very good job security.
Pros
Job Security, benifits on cable, internet and cell phone packages, dental and health benifits.
Cons
Nothing really, drama can happen from time to time but when you work with the same people everyday 5 days a week, its like family and thats bound to happen
Moving up
Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lakeshore, ONJune 27, 2016
Moving up in Rogers is very tough
Looking for new challenges with a high reward.

Still working here
Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2016
Fast paced environment
Excellent culture
Well paying company
Knowledgeable Managers
Working on multiple projects at the same time
Great people