Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Senior Manager Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  333 Bloor Street27 November 2016
Work as a senior manager PI and the management only praises the favourites only. They do not care about your values and if you are not among the favourite you are a goner..
You can survive if you are a good buddy of the manager regardless if you can work or not.
They just dump you like a dead fish middle of nowhere All the good ppl are leaving the place purely due to politics. Ask around the turn around in PI recently and check why before applying for this job. They do trail and error, If the management fails, you are the scapegoat! You can give it a try and stick there if you are lucky!
Pros
Salary benefits
Cons
Absolutely no job security, . You can always be a victim of their trail and error decsion which fails more often than not
Please see below
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
Fast-pased environment. Priorities tend to change on daily bases. You have to be a multi-tasker, well organized, detail oriented, good communication skills, being resourceful, being able to find a quick solution to a problem etc. to keep up with the daily requirements. Good flexible management. The goal was for me to understand their working style and where they needed most support. I had very good working relationship not only with the Directors I worked for but my co-workers as well. They were team players wonderful intelligent people and all of us working together as a team towards achieving the departments goals and success.
Pros
good benefits and flexibility
Cons
after each reorganization lot of good people lose their jobs.
A fun, exciting and great place to work!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 September 2016
I had a great time working at Rogers. I was able to gain unbelievable amounts of knowledge and experience throughout my employment that will help me advance in my career life. I always woke up excited to start my day at work as you were always greeted with a smile by your co-workers. Everyday I was able to learn something new and I never experienced the same day twice, which kept it interesting. Management was kind of, not the best, but bearable. I loved working in a position that offered me hourly rates plus commission.
Pros
a lot of incentives for employees, good benefits package, great discount packages
Cons
you must sell in order to keep your position
Pressure Cooker Job
Empowerment Division (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
A typical day at work involves listening to client needs and finding ways to resolve their concerns. Management will do whatever they can to offer support and aid you. Co-workers (especially ones with tenure) will be a great source of helpful hints and tips.

The toughest part of the job is in the mediation. It takes effort to reach a compromise when every demand can not be met. However, it is satisfying when you do reach a solution that satisfies everyone involved.
Pros
Health Benefits, RRSP
Cons
High Pressure Demand from Management and Clients that may conflict
Good Company, great benefits and Good Managers
Rogers Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2016
Nice place to work. The benefits are good and the Managers are great. Work Life balance is not the best.

With Families its difficult to get a schedule to fit. and the Schedules change very often, however I would recommend it as a good place to be employed.
Pros
Great benefits, Competitive Salary
Solid work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 August 2016
Pay was good, commission helped. Managers at the Conestoga location were amazing. Taught me a lot about sales and how to word things. Job can get stressful since customers will get very mad very easily over their services, but the management once again had a huge role in helping overcome that. Great jobs for students that want a good work experience and decent money.
Pros
Cell plan benefits, health benefits, commission, advancement is quite possible
Cons
dealing with angry customers
Terrible place to work
Revenue Assurance (Former Employee) –  One Mount Pleasant17 June 2016
Started off as a Sprint Canada employee then bought out by Rogers and became a Rogers employee.

Terrible office politics and never felt welcome. The managers had there favorites and it was obvious. Workload was impossible and terrible support from management and training. Management was never there for you and completely micro managed people. No respect from management whatsoever you were treated like a number and simply replaceable.

Management would favor there favorites and go out to coffee with them and if you were not in the club you were given a huge workload while the favorites got minimal work and it was obvious.

No job security as constant layoffs and its true as they say you never grow old working at Rogers. Getting laid off with a package was the best thing that could of ever happened.

The only good thing was the salary and benefits. There is life after Rogers and I would never go back. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
terrible managment and lack of training, too much office politics
Great job for students
Sales Associate / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2016
At Rogers we handle customer service, selling and product knowledge to deliver that information to clients, at the retail store we are at the front line for the company where we must manager the customer experience and help the company grow. It is challenging as there are always new focuses but it is also rewarding.
Pros
Benefits and good comission
Great Company with Great Benefits
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 June 2016
Worked for the company for 3 1/2 years and I actually get offended by a lot of the negative comments I see. Great Company to work for, my experience was awesome. People love to be negative and hate, don't believe all the negatively towards Rogers. They treat their employees great and you get great benefits and very good job security.
Pros
Job Security, benifits on cable, internet and cell phone packages, dental and health benifits.
Cons
Nothing really, drama can happen from time to time but when you work with the same people everyday 5 days a week, its like family and thats bound to happen
Fun workplace
Service Concierge Agent - Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON15 October 2016
Great benefits for the employee. Good vacation time. Very hard to get a non vacation off. Shifts are not good. But change every 8 weeks.

Management forgets what it's like to be on the phones. They offer buzz words to use.
Great place to work!
Sales and Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 November 2016
Rogers provides the complete package of work and benefits to all employees and allows for a comfortable and educational work space.

I have learned a lot in the 4 years I have worked here and do more so every day I go into work.
Pros
Great Benefits
Overall it is rather good place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
Pay and benefits are ok. Work-life balance is rather good. There's gym on site, they started introducing share space which looks pretty cool and inviting. Great people around to work and mingle with.
No job security, no professional development program
Pros
Work-life balance is rather good, gym on site, cool share space, Great people around to work and mingle with.
Cons
Pay and benefits are just ok, No job security, no professional development program
Good company to work for.
Customer Care representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto29 December 2016
- Good work environment and benefits.

- Good training. Rogers provide excellent training course to prepare you for your position and continuing training classes to update your knowledge.
It was a good workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  1430 Blair place31 October 2016
I enjoyed the atmosphere and management was very helpful. The pay was good aswell as the benefits. Overall a good company to work for and to recieve services from.
Always rated at top ranking employer
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 July 2016
Great work place with the right salary and excellent benefits for their employees. Overall a really good place to work in while even at the entry level employment for there is always room for employee growth and opportunity for advancement. It was a excellent organization to work in.
Pros
Overall great company to work with
Cons
work some time stressful
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
Great place to work if you're a hard working sales person looking for a job out of school. Be wary of the compensation plan and its caveats
Pros
Benefits, Culture
Cons
Compensation Plan is iffy
prodictive
Customer Service / Retention (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 October 2016
rogers was an amazing place to work at. salary and benefits were amazing. handling difficult customers was a bit of a hassle but i've advanced in my retention skills which i was always able to over achieve
Pros
salary
Cons
hours
Average
offline customer service (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON18 October 2016
People are great. Job is okay. Salary not great. Being stuck in a seniority is key is not great. No room to grow. Vacation bidding is not great if you are on the bottom. late shifts for all new and not so new people
Good work culture at first, but everyone good left and all that remained was hate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2016
Crushingly brutal sales cycle, no job security, and no fun. Only redeeming qualities were compensation and a great culuture (at first), but the market for the product became saturated, pay dropped off, and the culture died as a result of most the veterans leaving.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2016
Rogers overall is a good place to work. Pay could be better for the amount of work that is done in store, and commission could be a bit more stable as the payout changes quite a bit.
Pros
Good benefits, discounts
Cons
Long hours, standing all day, tough customers

Rogers Communications Reviews by Location