Rogers Communications

Rogers Communications Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great team environment
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2014
Rogers is a great employer. I cannot speak for all teams, however I can say the strategy group provided great training, good leadership and allowed employees to focus on the big issues.

Strong work-life balance, a great team of seniors to learn from and a wide asset base that allowed you to cover the full range of the TMT field from mobile payments – more... to sports broadcast deals. – less
review
Sourcing and Contract Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2014
Dynamic work environment. Everyday is different but I always get an opportunity to learn something new or to encounter a new situation. Working for Rogers is a rewarding experience.
fun team to work with
BlackBerry Technical Support Tier II (Former Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 6, 2014
• Setup emails on BIS (Blackberry Internet Service), solving any hardware or software issues
• Collected information and performed initial troubleshooting of Desktop configuration
• Provided services, evaluated concerns and complaints
• Resolved concerns in a timely and professional manner, either personally or through referral to supervisory level
 – more... Utilized strong interpersonal skills in dealing with co-workers, supervisors and general public
• Demonstrated professionalism and attention to detail on the job while providing efficient service and dedication to the task at hand – less
A great, yet demanding place of employment
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2014
I worked for Rogers in a number of progressive roles over the years and loved being a part of their team. There are many opportunities for advancement and I worked for a Director that I really liked which only adds to a great working experience. The only down side is that there is a poor work/ life balance and I often worked in excess of 12 hours per – more... day. This was not the expectation as communicated to me, however was the only way to meet the demands of the job. – less
N/a
Business Consultant, Business Service Delivery (Former Employee), BramptonOctober 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Provided service and solutions to small and medium business customers.

Provided full account management and assistance with a proactive approach in anticipating and finding solutions to their future needs.
Sales, servicing, billing and maintained relationships for all product lines including Rogers wireless and Rogers cable products.

Added, removed – more... or changed service features; in depth billing and usage explanation and analysis; price plan analysis while meeting systematic targets.

Problem solving and selling enabled through an intimate understanding of Rogers’ business products, services and systems. – less
Be prepared to be attacked
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Markham, OntarioSeptember 27, 2014
Cons: no customer = no commission
Very unorganized work place, too much disconnect between call centers and in store staff
Very intensive hours of work
System Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Good experience, Very intensive hours of work. Interesting projects
Working for Rogers
Wireless Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: given tasks way beyond our job description, were tasked to sell phones (several per month by quota) when hired strictly as customer service reps
Learned about diff types of phones and services. Was an alright company to work for.
Team oriented and Helpful work environment.
Technical Specialist at Data service centre (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: work environment and learning
Cons: job security restructuring
. Resolve customer issue for network connectivity working individual tickets. Along with it I Learn and use new techniques in trouble shooting and resolving issue for network connectivity. supervisor gives new strategy when mass outage occurs. This require team work and we try to coup it by taking making tickets. I feel good when I resolve the issue – more... involving individual or multiple customers. – less
A large and productive company with expertise in many areas
Category Manager (Former Employee), Toronto/BramptonSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: the comradery with my staff and colleagues.
Cons: the hours could be long must as a professional i accepted this.
I worked for Rogers for more than six years always in the role of Procurement. The experience was very positive for me. I learned alot and contributed alot. The role has come to an end to to a large restructuruing mandate. I look forward to moving on to another exciting position.

In my career I learned alot about everything in Procurement including – more... strategic sourcing, cleint relationships, negotiating, vendor management, and corporate finance.

I was a manager of a dynamic team of 3 people where we focused on the above. This was most enjoyable.

The Job presented many challenges including negotiating on behalf of many stakeholders with varying objectives. The most satsifying part of the job was to conclude a difficult negotiation with the stakeholders and most of all with suppliers. – less
Innovative place to work
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Rogers Communications is a diversified public Canadian communications and media company. It operates particularly in the field of wireless communications, cable television, telephone, and Internet connectivity with significant additional telecommunications and mass media assets. The company is headquartered at 333 Bloor Street East in Toronto, Ontario.
fun and high paying
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 8, 2014
very good salary but managers usually come hard on you to reach sales targets. Failing to do so leads to termination
Survey Techniciam
EQUIPMENT OPERATION SYNERGY REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), London, OntarioSeptember 7, 2014
My first part time job ever. It was nice to have a job in high school!
Great company to work for
FSMS Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioSeptember 4, 2014
This was a great place to work with great opportunity for advancement as it proved in my career.
Good place to work and learn
BO Developer (Current Employee), BramptonSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: work culture
Cons: for me, it is travelling from toronto to brampton
My day normally starts at 9 AM and ends around 6 in the evening. The work culture is very good in Rogers and I enjoyed working with my team. My responsibility is to develop the reports as per requirements. The management always encourage to try new things to get better output from me and my team. I like the work atmosphere in Rogers. I love the place – more... where my ideas are taken into consideration before taking a final call and Rogers has provided me such opportunities. – less
Challenging and Rewarding
SDM (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Challenging and Rewarding. Mature. World Class in Telecom and Wireless.
An average day at Rogers
Talent Acquisition - Recruiter- Rogers & Fido (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 3, 2014
Rogers is a very fast paced and fast moving company that keeps you on your toes. If you are looking for a place with constant change and new challenges, it is the place for you.
What I love about working at Rogers is the people I work with and how I face different and exciting challenges everyday.
great team work towards achieving a common goal
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee), North York, ONAugust 27, 2014
unable to discuss due to HR policies/confidentiality contract signed
Unorganized for a large company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), 2235 Sheppard Avenue EastAugust 21, 2014
Pros: early leave, amazing benifits
Cons: terrible managment, not to organized, not enough pay
the training was very bad it was one way in training and then when we got on the floor completely differnet. they say its not about targets and metrics and when you get up on the floor thats all its about. they give u little to no product knowlege and your pretty much thrown out on the phones.

management is unorganized if you ask for help most of them – more... have no idea what to do. i had one manager tell me "ive only been on the phones a total of 2 weeks in training and ive only been here since january" how do you have a manager that doesnt know what hes doing. let alone my own manager who played favorites and doesnt do her job protecting the sales on her team or actually coaching her agents. the 3rd party call centre i worked at had better training and management and thats sad.

the co-workers for the most part were boring but you find a few shiners there

also they say the pay is amazing its really not. they make it impossible to actually hit any bonuses

overall not the greatest place to work i would much rather work at the 3rd party Rogers place ive worked at in the past which is sad. the pay was even better at 3rd party due to commission – less

1 2 3 4 5