Rogers Communications

Rogers Communications Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work amazing people and an overall good company
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONDecember 23, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: salary
A typical day at rogers would include the following duties:

- opening and closing store
- shipping and receiving
- coaching staff and managing their weekly one-on-ones
- helping customers with everyday questions
- keeping on top of sales and targets (month to date and quarter to date).
- managing scheduling and payroll
- auditing and working with the – more... loss prevention team on a monthly basis
- handling customer objectives and escalations – less
Inflexible workplace
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 13, 2014
Pros: flexible vacation, great co-workers
Cons: unrealistic expectations, strict schedule, discrepancies in quality of information
While I was there Rogers did not focus on customer service as heavily as they should have which resulted in customer dissatisfaction, which requires time to reverse. Unrealistic sales goals and ACT led to further customer dissatisfaction and a dramatic loss of customer base.

Workstations were not ergonomic, creating pain and discomfort. Different managers – more... would give different information and it was difficult to figure out which information was correct and which information wasn't.

Numerous times customers had lengthy issues that needed to be reconciled, but instead of being given time to fix these issues, we were scolded that we were spending too much time on a particular customer and that it wasn't our "job" to fix bigger issues.

Pay was great but did not compensate for the fact I knew I was letting customers live with issues that should not have occurred in the first place if everyone had done their jobs correctly the first time. – less
Did not stay long enough time to explore
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Pickering, ONDecember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
I was going through 3 months training period. I had to discontinue due to medical condition.
Good work environment if the call centre is your thing
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee), Richmond Hill,OnNovember 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good pay
Cons: very little flexibility in terms of vacation and days off
Typical day is coming into work logging and and just taking calls. There is a lot to learn in the environment because supporting Internet requires knowledge of a variety of computers and software programs that are constantly changing. The management is good, always willing to work with you if any issues arise, or if you are looking for career advancement. – more... There is a mutual interest as well in ensuring you perform well in your job and not just settling for meeting only what is required. Co-workers are great, they are always there to help one another to help resolve any issues that may come up. The hardest part is dealing with people who tend to talk down to you or get upset at you based on their own assumptions of what is going on. Best part is helping someone with an issue and hearing the relief in their voice. – less
Fun, productive work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: long hours
Rogers is an amazing company to work for! they have great incentives and a lot of amazing people to work with. Everyone is very ambitious and they make your daily job more easy with the right tools and people to guide you for everything.
Amazing company with many perks!
Print & Design Specialist Marketing Communications (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: there were non
No day was typical as every moment something new would come up and would be urgent. That was probably the hardest part of the job! Co-workers were amazing, Rogers overall was an Amazing experience and one that I will always cherish.
GOOD WORKPLACE
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 23, 2014
GOOD BENEFITS BUT THE MANAGEMENT ARE BUNCH OF IDIOTS BEING HIRED WITHOUT THE RIGHT EXPERIENCE.
Great place to work at
Project Manager, Rogers Partnerships (Former Employee), MontrealOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: can be a challenging environment
Great learning experience, many departments to work for.
Very competitive environment.
Great team environment
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2014
Rogers is a great employer. I cannot speak for all teams, however I can say the strategy group provided great training, good leadership and allowed employees to focus on the big issues.

Strong work-life balance, a great team of seniors to learn from and a wide asset base that allowed you to cover the full range of the TMT field from mobile payments – more... to sports broadcast deals. – less
review
Sourcing and Contract Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2014
Dynamic work environment. Everyday is different but I always get an opportunity to learn something new or to encounter a new situation. Working for Rogers is a rewarding experience.
fun team to work with
BlackBerry Technical Support Tier II (Former Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 6, 2014
• Setup emails on BIS (Blackberry Internet Service), solving any hardware or software issues
• Collected information and performed initial troubleshooting of Desktop configuration
• Provided services, evaluated concerns and complaints
• Resolved concerns in a timely and professional manner, either personally or through referral to supervisory level
 – more... Utilized strong interpersonal skills in dealing with co-workers, supervisors and general public
• Demonstrated professionalism and attention to detail on the job while providing efficient service and dedication to the task at hand – less
A great, yet demanding place of employment
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2014
I worked for Rogers in a number of progressive roles over the years and loved being a part of their team. There are many opportunities for advancement and I worked for a Director that I really liked which only adds to a great working experience. The only down side is that there is a poor work/ life balance and I often worked in excess of 12 hours per – more... day. This was not the expectation as communicated to me, however was the only way to meet the demands of the job. – less
N/a
Business Consultant, Business Service Delivery (Former Employee), BramptonOctober 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Provided service and solutions to small and medium business customers.

Provided full account management and assistance with a proactive approach in anticipating and finding solutions to their future needs.
Sales, servicing, billing and maintained relationships for all product lines including Rogers wireless and Rogers cable products.

Added, removed – more... or changed service features; in depth billing and usage explanation and analysis; price plan analysis while meeting systematic targets.

Problem solving and selling enabled through an intimate understanding of Rogers’ business products, services and systems. – less
Be prepared to be attacked
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Markham, OntarioSeptember 27, 2014
Cons: no customer = no commission
Very unorganized work place, too much disconnect between call centers and in store staff
Very intensive hours of work
System Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Good experience, Very intensive hours of work. Interesting projects
Working for Rogers
Wireless Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: given tasks way beyond our job description, were tasked to sell phones (several per month by quota) when hired strictly as customer service reps
Learned about diff types of phones and services. Was an alright company to work for.
Team oriented and Helpful work environment.
Technical Specialist at Data service centre (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: work environment and learning
Cons: job security restructuring
. Resolve customer issue for network connectivity working individual tickets. Along with it I Learn and use new techniques in trouble shooting and resolving issue for network connectivity. supervisor gives new strategy when mass outage occurs. This require team work and we try to coup it by taking making tickets. I feel good when I resolve the issue – more... involving individual or multiple customers. – less
A large and productive company with expertise in many areas
Category Manager (Former Employee), Toronto/BramptonSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: the comradery with my staff and colleagues.
Cons: the hours could be long must as a professional i accepted this.
I worked for Rogers for more than six years always in the role of Procurement. The experience was very positive for me. I learned alot and contributed alot. The role has come to an end to to a large restructuruing mandate. I look forward to moving on to another exciting position.

In my career I learned alot about everything in Procurement including – more... strategic sourcing, cleint relationships, negotiating, vendor management, and corporate finance.

I was a manager of a dynamic team of 3 people where we focused on the above. This was most enjoyable.

The Job presented many challenges including negotiating on behalf of many stakeholders with varying objectives. The most satsifying part of the job was to conclude a difficult negotiation with the stakeholders and most of all with suppliers. – less
Innovative place to work
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Rogers Communications is a diversified public Canadian communications and media company. It operates particularly in the field of wireless communications, cable television, telephone, and Internet connectivity with significant additional telecommunications and mass media assets. The company is headquartered at 333 Bloor Street East in Toronto, Ontario.

1 2 3 4 5