Rogers Communications

Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

Good place to start, but don't be a lifer
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 10, 2016
Was a good place to start my adult career at. Most indicators that the starting salary is below industry standard, and it is very difficult to get a bump in salary above 1.5-2% regardless of performance. Very political. Most departments don't like talking to each other, or taking accountability so changes grind to a halt often.

The new CEO cost saving measures include laying over thousands of employees over the past few years in waves. Overall a company with a lot of potential, but it's very difficult to progress. If you're comfortable grinding it out for years at the same pay, you could do worse.
Pros
50% discount of wireless, cable, internet, home phone, stock program
Cons
Salary increases are less than inflation regardless of performance. Constant layoffs.
Terrible Place
Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 17, 2016
I would not recommend anyone to work here. A typical day in the retention call centre is taking back to back calls - having managers yell at you for having a customer on hold or being in acw while trying to note a customers account. The best thing Rogers had to offer was their 50% off and medical benefits. Other than that, I worked there for 2 years and only got a $0.53 cents raise during that time - even though my stats were through the roof. If it wasn't for all the money I made from up-selling Roger's customers, I would've taken home less than $1000 every two weeks.

Senior management, sorry management all together is a joke. Team leaders have no leadership skills, nor do they know how to manage their staff. At the end of the day, if you need a means to a way of life then you can work there. Just remember, everything is great at the beginning. Oh and hope you don't get ill! they have a steps program where you will receive a letter and it gets put into your employee record if you are absent from work for 1 day. Better to call in sick for the week and go on STD so that your illness is not used against you.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
EVERYTHING!
Work Environment
In Building System Designer, Radio Engineering (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 7, 2016
Nice place to work considering culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management. Co-workers are very helpful
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 29, 2016
When I started , I was excited to join Rogers Communications, after the first 3 yrs, Work seemed repetitive and I didn't really feel that I was encouraged to progress.

Always keep learning and try to get to that next level.
Pros
Decent Compensation Package
Cons
Outsourcing work out of the country - Learning Opportunities - Advancement
Friendly place
Manager Finance (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 8, 2016
I was working in the Fido branch. People are just great and teamwork is a way of life. I never had a bad experience with any of my colleagues.

I learned much about teamwork. People help each other and I appreciated a lot how people go out of their ways to provide information when emergencies occur.

Management has a great vision and is very close to its employees. Their doors are always open and we don't feel any barrier due to hierarchy.

In summary, I would suggest a job at Fido to everyone.
Pros
People and culture
Cons
Stress hours at month-ends
great benefits
CUSTOMER CARE &RETENTION CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 3, 2016
great place work with awesome benefits but pay is low in comparison the work load and responsibility, also low advancement opportunity and favoritism runs through the management.
Pros
great benefits and awesome people and coworkers
Cons
favortisim and no advancements
Dynamic great outlook to the future
senior business analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Good place to work and great culture.
Opportunities to grow and learn.
Some old-school management - slow down the progress.
Pros
Defined Pension plan, Stock purchase - good benefits
Cons
Management slow to react - except at top levels
It's an OK place to work depending on you management.
Business account retention (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 13, 2015
The new CEO is a source of fresh air.

department is very geared towards sales.
allot of pass the buck to the next csr. no ownership
not clear on the roles and responsibility of the department. Allot of sink or swim situation.

if you want to move up, you show initiative, you will be helped. Often be put in a temporary position for a while before being confirmed.

you have set schedule every quarter
pay is competitive in the market.
good social benefits.
productive workplace stressful environment
home phone and internet technical support (Current Employee) –  355 yorl mills rdDecember 15, 2015
As a technical support agent in the home phone and internet department, we are constantly working with the public rectifying technical issues. I have learned many technical skills and information in resolving home phone and internet issues. I have learned how the Rogers systems work and precess in how to fix them in a timely, efficient manner along with a professional attitude in the process.
the management team in Rogers provides helpful guidance and support through one one coaching and team meetings.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
unstable schedules, shift work
Good company with insecure job
Fiber Optics (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONNovember 2, 2015
Good life/work balance, fair pay and benefits but constantly shifting job security. Management seems to be chosen at random, not based on knowledge.
Lots of outsourcing, firing 50+ employees constantly.
No thanks for anything, any extra mile is taken for granted.
$$$ and stocks/shareholders above customers and way above employees. Not a good culture which destroys employee loyalty.
Never a Dull Day in IT
IT Professional (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Rogers IT is a fast paced environment with a first to market culture.
Definitely not for the faint of heart but those who are passionate about what they do and are seeking exposure to a wide variety of technologies and interesting project content, this is the place for you! Prepare to put in a lot of extra hours within IT.
Pros
Fair salaries
Cons
Work life balance suffers at all position levels
good place to work
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ONApril 5, 2016
fun, innovative and room for advancement
I spent 28 years with this company and enjoyed learning a great deal of skill sets.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
politics
Extremely poor culture exemplified by upper management
Sr. Manager, BI Design & Development (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
The people at Rogers are great people; however, the work environment is undermined by executive management that does not seem to respect the value of their employees. It basically is a sweat shop and work/life balance is not a key consideration.
Environment was great, great co workers, HR and upper management were unreasonable and unfair.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2016
over all i had a great time working there, before management changed. the environment was welcoming and was like a close nit family. once upper management changed they started to care less about the employees happiness. we became numbers and no longer people. unrealistic expectations were set leaving most of my fellow co workers to lower technical support quality to meet the metrics, which led to a lot of us either quitting or being let go. a few months after i left.. the management was replaced due to complaints how ever the policies never changed. HR will abuse their power on employees who don not know their rights. no union or union reps allowed.. employee ignorance will lead to problems when it comes to policies and rights.i wonder what it is like now..
Pros
great co wokers
Cons
If you don not know your rights, HR will abuse their power.
Rewarding Job
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of working with Customers helping them choose their plans and suggestion products beneficial and cost saving to them.
I learned about different products and services to help customers. Management wasn't readily available.
Making sure you learned all the new products and services which could change from one day to another.
Feeling that the customers were truly satisfied
Pros
bonuses for a certain amount of add ons
Cons
compensation could have been more
A fun, exciting and great place to work!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONSeptember 23, 2016
I had a great time working at Rogers. I was able to gain unbelievable amounts of knowledge and experience throughout my employment that will help me advance in my career life. I always woke up excited to start my day at work as you were always greeted with a smile by your co-workers. Everyday I was able to learn something new and I never experienced the same day twice, which kept it interesting. Management was kind of, not the best, but bearable. I loved working in a position that offered me hourly rates plus commission.
Pros
a lot of incentives for employees, good benefits package, great discount packages
Cons
you must sell in order to keep your position
A place to grow and form lasting relationships
IT Business Analyst - Process (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2015
I've been with this company for many years and have seen so much change and evolution occur within the organization. Different leaders, different work space and ever changing responsibilities.

I have had the pleasure to work for some really great people, not great because they let you slack off or buy you lunch (although that is appreciated), but because they have the ability to inspire you. From encouraging you to grow in your career, placing trust in your abilities to allowing you the flexibility to work remotely. These managers know how to drive and move their team forward.

I've also come across those managers that hold such a tight reign on their employees that the inevitable "job search" starts. From micro-management, distrust and disorganization. These managers are, luckily for me, not ones that I had to endure for long periods of time. Since the one thing this company is known for, is change.

This company, like many others, is trying to find their footing in this new telecommunications landscape. Kids are smart. They expect more from their provider than Saturday morning cartoons and sending emojis to friends.

Rogers has given me more that a job. It has given me education, friends, partnerships, career opportunities and experiences that otherwise I would not have had.
Pros
Company discounts, competitive salary, large work spaces
Cons
Flexibility, lack of work/life balance
Opportunities to advance your carrier but very corporate and $ driven
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 25, 2015
Rogers has been struggling to make the "3.0" plan make a change to the corporate culture. Rather than engaging the employees the CEO seems to "tell" them what they think (his blog is mandated & monitored) and try to drive results by shaming owners of initiatives that have issues. The management does not seem to believe in what it states and invest $ where needed replacing older technologies.

The company feels like it has been acquired by the European giant Vodafone where the CEO keeps on bringing more and more executives.

While the employees are supposed to be inspired the day-to-day approach leaves much to desire in improvement to company culture.
It does not promote innovation and risk taking (although it says it does)
Pros
Advance and change your carrier, learn the telecom business & technologies
Cons
Thankless job, Executives that care only about $, no real innivation
Overall great place to work
Customer Service Retention Representative (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONNovember 1, 2015
Great place to work with a fast passed environment.
Very heavy on meeting metrics and when you do the bonus payouts are well worth it.
You can move up relatively quickly within the company if your willing to put in the effort and time.
No scripted verbiage and no cold calls but you can make the occasional outbound call if its for a sale.
They really give a lot of props to sales.
It's customer service so obviously there will be some stressful calls but part of the job is knowing that sometimes you need to sit there and be the verbal punching bag in order to fully understand the customer situations. plus there is always help and support steps away when needed.
You'll definitely make a lot of great friends with your coworkers.
Pros
mid year and yearly performance based raises and great benefits
Cons
micro managing, metrics are very strict, especially when it comes to not meeting sales targets and personal off phone time, break and lunch overages even by 1-2 minutes
Working as an escalations manager can be a challenging yet rewarding job.
Escalations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 3, 2016
I work in a call center environment. A typical day for me would be to receive phone calls and manage accounts from irate customers
escalating to speak to a manager.
I Listen actively and identify customer concerns, offering and negotiating solutions to address concerns and ensure customer loyalty.
Establish correct expectations, enforce relief and resolve through effective communication.
Apply appropriate processes and procedures to accurately respond to client inquiries.
Ensure compliance with corporate escalation policies
Integrate tools, resources and materials into conversations to support advice and recommendations.
Maintain accurate and concise documentation regarding each call
Be accountable for calls and emails and meet or exceed customer service standards at all times.
Pros
Opportunity for advanacment
Cons
No set schedule, long hours.

Rogers Communications Reviews by Location