Rogers Communications

Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

A perfect day at Rogers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2017
Clock in with a great positive attitude, ready to help customers, although it is a fast paced environment, take your time with customers, make sure you meet their needs.
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 March 2017
Rogers Communications Inc. is a Canadian communications and media company. It operates particularly in the field of wireless communications, cable television, telephone, and Internet connectivity with significant additional telecommunications and mass media assets. The company is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario,[3]
Constructive and easy going environment.
Contractor responsible for set (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2017
I would go to a given location the day before a radio show (usually car dealerships) and make sure the connection to the station would be sufficient for the next day. I learned people skills and became more comfortable working with and meeting clients.
Great place!
Wireless Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON22 March 2017
Rogers is a big and professional company. I gained a lot of customer service skills with trainers always there to help. Made me comfortable to work on computers as well.
Get ready to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
Overall, it was a good experience, but you will be required to work a lot. The pay is not the greatest, with little to no room to grow. No good work-life balance at all.
Great Company
Customer Service Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 March 2017
I have enjoyed working at Rogers and moved up, overall the culture was great I respected the managers however dealing with customers can sometimes get stressful.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Can be stressful
Excellent
Sales/Retail (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2017
Great Company to work for, had a wonderful time. Unfortunately I moved and couldn't keep working with the company. Supplied good benefits and amazing people.
Professional workplace... I liked it
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2017
I didn't had much experience in Testing when Rogers gave me chance to start. I am glad that I worked for Rogers and I updated my skills to do justification with my job.
Great for career advancement and gives a good feel for the job.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2017
This job has taught me a lot about the law, communications within a large group of people, and how to be a better law enforcer. The pay and hours are very good and fits into virtually anyone's schedule.
Pros
Free Jays Games
Pathetic management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 March 2017
The management hands out rediculous sales goals and plays favorites for sure. You're training will include starring at a computer screen and then be expected to just know every single system. The offers you sell change daily so it's difficult to retain information. You're paid minimum wage with commission , but the commission is paid through a point system so you're not even guaranteed this part of your pay. Apart from all that basically every other customer will come in angry, because you're a bill to them, not a human. You will be pressured to sell packages, merchandise and credit cards that no customer is visiting the store for. You get a staff discount on merchandise after probation. It's only ten percent off accessories once a month. You can get 30% off your cell bill, but you have to have Rogers credit card, pay your bill through that card, have a direct deposit through that card, and a list of other loopholes to give more to Rogers than its employees.
Pros
Make sure you enjoy boredom
Cons
You're trash to the company, next.
fun and competitive workplace
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2017
As a store manager, one can hire who he/she thinks best fit the philosophy Rogers created. Competition is very high among peers because everyone wants to win the free trip for two every year.
Pros
bOnus, benefits, incentives
Cons
reporting is not accurate as of now
Not an ideal job but does have its perks
Customer Service and Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON8 March 2017
Promises for advancement, but they take far too long.
Management is scarce at times and seemingly unwilling to help. Customer is always right, no matter what and the company does not give the employees the benefit of the doubt. What the customer wants, customer gets.

Some customers are very pleasant and can bring a smile to your face
Good communication
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Dealing with customers' inquiries on a daily basis. Rogers is a multi-cultural company that treats everyone with respect. Managers treat employees with courtesy.
Great place to work as a student
Full time Key holder and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON6 March 2017
Great place to work as a student. Friendly environment, well compensated. High expectations of sales. Difficult to keep calm at times, fast paced job.
Pros
friendly staff, good compensation
Cons
lacked management and organization
over all a good working environment.
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 March 2017
Overall a good place to work for. The company looks out for the interest of their employees. Friendly, professional and well trained staff. Flexible timings.
Rogers Communications, sadly, is a negative environment.
Project Coordinator, Network Implementation (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 March 2017
I left Wesbell Technologies because I was offered a position at Rogers. A position that promised to be a good stepping stone in my career, however this was a choice I would soon regret.

It's a very negative environment. The people I reported to treated everyone in the department with little to no respect.

It was only a 6 month contract and at the end of it, I was very glad to leave. I know I did everything that was asked of me and completed all tasks in the time & budget allowed, but the personal toll it took on me wasn't worth it.

This is one of the worst places I could ever imagine working at.

It is my hope that in time Rogers begins to realize that basic respect and decency should be afforded to all.
Pros
It was close to home.
Cons
Very toxic culture and work environment.
Interactive team based workplace
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 March 2017
Rogers Wireless goes out of its way to make sure the teams are being stimulated constantly with wireless related games that teach us all new skills for selling and how to give great customer service on a day to day basis. I learned a lot this way on how to diffuse a negative situation and how to communicate properly with not just customers but everyone I encounter in my life. By creating these work based games it made for an environment that is fun and laid back but can also be fast paced. Critical thinking/problem solving is necessary to get the job done effectively in times like those.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Micro managing and having to work before being "on the clock".
Amazing Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 March 2017
Had customers who would get a little out of hand but management was great support in those situations. They take care of their employees appropriately and go the extra mile for customer satisfaction.
Contradictory Expectations
Customer Escalation Rep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 February 2017
The company would regularly give set parameters in regards to call length, certain phrases that had to be used, and what kind of compensation can be given while also telling us to do things outside of those parameters to raise customer service satisfaction ratings and then reprimand you for going outside of those parameters.
Typical call centre experience
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 February 2017
Rogers was a good company to work for, however there is no room to grow within the company and it is the typical call centre experience. The pay and benefits were good, and the perk were amazing. I gained a lot of customer service experience which helped with future positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

77%