Rogers Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

A great environment with many areas of growth opportunities within the company
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 26, 2016
I had a great time working with Rogers directly as an Inside Sales Consultant. I learned a lot about Rogers and I feel like it definitely helped me sharpen my ability to sell. Everyone helped each other stay motivated and positive which helped create an uplifting atmosphere. It was a very aggressive sales position which is what challenged me to work to the best of my ability and become better and better each day. I learned something new every day which was the best part of this job.
Pros
Special benefits and Comission
Cons
Shifts are always changing
I work as a Portfolio prime for Capital Spend
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 25, 2016
Managing capital projects is my passion.Data Sanctity is of primary focus to ensure that management decisions are based on concrete numbers .

primarily work with project and program managers which makes this role very interactive , enjoyable and challenging at the same time.

People skills and soft skills are fundamental to be successful in this role.
Pros
Diverse groups - bring new learning to the table every day ..never a dull moment here :-)
Cons
Dealing with different personalities, volatile environment demands patience and respect at all times.
Very friendly environment, like second home. Hardworking people always there when you need it.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Everybody has their own priorities when it comes to work. One of mine is to be happy there. I was lucky to get to the environment in Rogers where I felt like home. I found my colleagues very hardworking, professional and always there to help if you need it.
Being part of such a great team taught me to create collaborative work between different groups . I believe that constructive cooperation and teamwork, mutual understanding and trust always lead to the success.
Great People / Chaotic and Poorly Managed Organization
Sr. Technical Delivery Lead (Sr. Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
Very heavy workload and chaotic. Large number of departmental layoffs added to the workload and chaos for those who remained.

Poor morale abounds.

The company seems to be in a perpetual state of reorganization, including laying off large numbers of tenured resources.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Very poor work / life balance
Large and stable company to work for.
Senior Consultant - Product Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2016
The largest media and entertainment company in Canada is a great place to work. Ever since the 3rd CEO took office, Rogers has undergone immense change internally, the effects of which are visible externally as well.

Overall, a great place to work!
Pros
Free parking at certain locations
Cons
Legacy systems meant longer timeframes for changes to happen
Good place to start, but don't be a lifer
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 10, 2016
Was a good place to start my adult career at. Most indicators that the starting salary is below industry standard, and it is very difficult to get a bump in salary above 1.5-2% regardless of performance. Very political. Most departments don't like talking to each other, or taking accountability so changes grind to a halt often.

The new CEO cost saving measures include laying over thousands of employees over the past few years in waves. Overall a company with a lot of potential, but it's very difficult to progress. If you're comfortable grinding it out for years at the same pay, you could do worse.
Pros
50% discount of wireless, cable, internet, home phone, stock program
Cons
Salary increases are less than inflation regardless of performance. Constant layoffs.
Friendly place
Manager Finance (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 8, 2016
I was working in the Fido branch. People are just great and teamwork is a way of life. I never had a bad experience with any of my colleagues.

I learned much about teamwork. People help each other and I appreciated a lot how people go out of their ways to provide information when emergencies occur.

Management has a great vision and is very close to its employees. Their doors are always open and we don't feel any barrier due to hierarchy.

In summary, I would suggest a job at Fido to everyone.
Pros
People and culture
Cons
Stress hours at month-ends
Oversized company working in an urgent environment
Senior Project Manager/Release Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 21, 2016
Have been moving in the direction of optimizing revenue flow in the last couple of years, increasing number of initiatives and reducing/outsourcing staff. This added stress to delivering teams, as well as a sense of instability, mocking down employee moral.
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
Stress, no time for gym
Never a Dull Day in IT
IT Professional (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Rogers IT is a fast paced environment with a first to market culture.
Definitely not for the faint of heart but those who are passionate about what they do and are seeking exposure to a wide variety of technologies and interesting project content, this is the place for you! Prepare to put in a lot of extra hours within IT.
Pros
Fair salaries
Cons
Work life balance suffers at all position levels
Great Place to Start
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 21, 2016
Rogers was a Part Time job I had selling cellphones and it was a great way to begin my career in sales. I learned a lot about building rapport and leaving a lasting impression with customers that would generate referrals in the long term.
Pros
good pay for part time
Cons
very little advancement
Fun place to work but no advancement opprotunities
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  North York, ONApril 4, 2016
Good place to work if you are just starting out in the customer service world. Lots of fun activities and your team manager will ensure you engage in them. Co-workers are amazing and fun to work with.
Pros
Excellent Work-life balance
Cons
lesser pay than rival companies
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 29, 2016
When I started , I was excited to join Rogers Communications, after the first 3 yrs, Work seemed repetitive and I didn't really feel that I was encouraged to progress.

Always keep learning and try to get to that next level.
Pros
Decent Compensation Package
Cons
Outsourcing work out of the country - Learning Opportunities - Advancement
first real job. learning experience.
Installation and Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 11, 2016
technical support. lots of micromanagement and silly scripts. the golden age of tech support? i don't know. i left because i didn't want to be a lifer sitting on the phone telling people how to click on the start button. i eventually moved on.
productive workplace stressful environment
home phone and internet technical support (Current Employee) –  355 yorl mills rdDecember 15, 2015
As a technical support agent in the home phone and internet department, we are constantly working with the public rectifying technical issues. I have learned many technical skills and information in resolving home phone and internet issues. I have learned how the Rogers systems work and precess in how to fix them in a timely, efficient manner along with a professional attitude in the process.
the management team in Rogers provides helpful guidance and support through one one coaching and team meetings.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
unstable schedules, shift work
Great Place to Work
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
Dynamic fast paced environment that allowed you to express your capabilities.

People are friendly, many crossfunctional interactions and opportunities to build interdepartmental relationships and learnings.
Pros
work from home
Cons
too many corporate reorganizations
Extremely poor culture exemplified by upper management
Sr. Manager, BI Design & Development (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
The people at Rogers are great people; however, the work environment is undermined by executive management that does not seem to respect the value of their employees. It basically is a sweat shop and work/life balance is not a key consideration.
Company with a team player attitude
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCMarch 4, 2016
Rogers Communications is a great place to work because it offers employees innumerable opportunities to grow, develop, and succeed in their job.
Pros
Fun and supportive workplace environment
Cons
Late shifts are hard to deal with when you rely on public transit.
Stressful at times
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONApril 4, 2016
Take calls, deal with billing payments and sales. dealing with
Angry customers daily. Movement into a management roll does not happen often. Call center environment is very different than face to face customer service.
Pros
the job
Cons
angry abusive customers
Fun place with fast pace environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2016
Working at Rogers was great the pay is good and the commission is crazy depending on how vocal and good you are at closing sales I highly recommend anyone apply for the job if they like interacting with people
Pros
Good pay, Fun individuals
Cons
Not enough hours
An overall average place to work at.
System Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 30, 2016
A company with a culture of friendships and nepotism. Difficult to advance career without having a godfather in management.
The co-workers are great and the work environment is good, issue is the poor higher management.