Rogers Communications

Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

Good place to start, but don't be a lifer
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 10, 2016
Was a good place to start my adult career at. Most indicators that the starting salary is below industry standard, and it is very difficult to get a bump in salary above 1.5-2% regardless of performance. Very political. Most departments don't like talking to each other, or taking accountability so changes grind to a halt often.

The new CEO cost saving measures include laying over thousands of employees over the past few years in waves. Overall a company with a lot of potential, but it's very difficult to progress. If you're comfortable grinding it out for years at the same pay, you could do worse.
Pros
50% discount of wireless, cable, internet, home phone, stock program
Cons
Salary increases are less than inflation regardless of performance. Constant layoffs.
Terrible Place
Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 17, 2016
I would not recommend anyone to work here. A typical day in the retention call centre is taking back to back calls - having managers yell at you for having a customer on hold or being in acw while trying to note a customers account. The best thing Rogers had to offer was their 50% off and medical benefits. Other than that, I worked there for 2 years and only got a $0.53 cents raise during that time - even though my stats were through the roof. If it wasn't for all the money I made from up-selling Roger's customers, I would've taken home less than $1000 every two weeks.

Senior management, sorry management all together is a joke. Team leaders have no leadership skills, nor do they know how to manage their staff. At the end of the day, if you need a means to a way of life then you can work there. Just remember, everything is great at the beginning. Oh and hope you don't get ill! they have a steps program where you will receive a letter and it gets put into your employee record if you are absent from work for 1 day. Better to call in sick for the week and go on STD so that your illness is not used against you.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
EVERYTHING!
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 29, 2016
When I started , I was excited to join Rogers Communications, after the first 3 yrs, Work seemed repetitive and I didn't really feel that I was encouraged to progress.

Always keep learning and try to get to that next level.
Pros
Decent Compensation Package
Cons
Outsourcing work out of the country - Learning Opportunities - Advancement
productive workplace stressful environment
home phone and internet technical support (Current Employee) –  355 yorl mills rdDecember 15, 2015
As a technical support agent in the home phone and internet department, we are constantly working with the public rectifying technical issues. I have learned many technical skills and information in resolving home phone and internet issues. I have learned how the Rogers systems work and precess in how to fix them in a timely, efficient manner along with a professional attitude in the process.
the management team in Rogers provides helpful guidance and support through one one coaching and team meetings.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
unstable schedules, shift work
Work Environment
In Building System Designer, Radio Engineering (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 7, 2016
Nice place to work considering culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management. Co-workers are very helpful
great benefits
CUSTOMER CARE &RETENTION CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 3, 2016
great place work with awesome benefits but pay is low in comparison the work load and responsibility, also low advancement opportunity and favoritism runs through the management.
Pros
great benefits and awesome people and coworkers
Cons
favortisim and no advancements
Rewarding Job
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of working with Customers helping them choose their plans and suggestion products beneficial and cost saving to them.
I learned about different products and services to help customers. Management wasn't readily available.
Making sure you learned all the new products and services which could change from one day to another.
Feeling that the customers were truly satisfied
Pros
bonuses for a certain amount of add ons
Cons
compensation could have been more
Overall great place to work
Customer Service Retention Representative (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONNovember 1, 2015
Great place to work with a fast passed environment.
Very heavy on meeting metrics and when you do the bonus payouts are well worth it.
You can move up relatively quickly within the company if your willing to put in the effort and time.
No scripted verbiage and no cold calls but you can make the occasional outbound call if its for a sale.
They really give a lot of props to sales.
It's customer service so obviously there will be some stressful calls but part of the job is knowing that sometimes you need to sit there and be the verbal punching bag in order to fully understand the customer situations. plus there is always help and support steps away when needed.
You'll definitely make a lot of great friends with your coworkers.
Pros
mid year and yearly performance based raises and great benefits
Cons
micro managing, metrics are very strict, especially when it comes to not meeting sales targets and personal off phone time, break and lunch overages even by 1-2 minutes
Dynamic great outlook to the future
senior business analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Good place to work and great culture.
Opportunities to grow and learn.
Some old-school management - slow down the progress.
Pros
Defined Pension plan, Stock purchase - good benefits
Cons
Management slow to react - except at top levels
It's an OK place to work depending on you management.
Business account retention (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 13, 2015
The new CEO is a source of fresh air.

department is very geared towards sales.
allot of pass the buck to the next csr. no ownership
not clear on the roles and responsibility of the department. Allot of sink or swim situation.

if you want to move up, you show initiative, you will be helped. Often be put in a temporary position for a while before being confirmed.

you have set schedule every quarter
pay is competitive in the market.
good social benefits.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Good place to work with great people. Leaders have great determination and drive to improve company. Benefits include a gym that is in the building and a cafeteria.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
good
Escalation Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
good place to work depending on position obtained

good atmosphere

engaging management

hard dealing with some cxustomers

good benefits &^ good opportunity for growth
Amazing colleagues
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
The best part of Rogers were the people!
Amazing people. Easy to work with. Overall company morale was low but kudos to my colleagues that pushed past that to complete day-to-day responsibilities.
Benefits are great. I worked for the Publishing division.
Pros
The people and my actual job
Cons
Company morale
Good company with insecure job
Fiber Optics (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONNovember 2, 2015
Good life/work balance, fair pay and benefits but constantly shifting job security. Management seems to be chosen at random, not based on knowledge.
Lots of outsourcing, firing 50+ employees constantly.
No thanks for anything, any extra mile is taken for granted.
$$$ and stocks/shareholders above customers and way above employees. Not a good culture which destroys employee loyalty.
Lot of micro management in call center
Consultant comptes spéciaux affaires (Former Employee) –  montreal call centerFebruary 3, 2016
you don't feel taking seriously
lot of seniority but still have an awful schedule
lack of professionalism
lot of dramas / high school environment
Pros
good salary
Cons
not professional
Was good until they forced selling to every customer
customer service (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONDecember 15, 2015
This was a good job ( great pay, great benefits, great colleagues) until they changed my position as a customer service rep into selling product on EVERY call. Alot of customers are calling to cut down their cost, not expand it. Rogers is a good company to work for if you truly believe in the product, which I think is too expensive.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Forced selling
Awesome Place to Work
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJanuary 5, 2016
I personally like working with Rogers Communications for there work Environment, Health benefits, Management and Flexible Shifts.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Flexible Shifts, Best Management, Health Care
Good Job for Experience
Major Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Good Job for Experience. Learned alot about all telecom procedures. Dealing with C level clients.
Decent salary and wages for commissions.
Corrupt
Sales Associate / Key Holder (Former Employee) –  London, OnSeptember 12, 2015
Management corrupt, HR and Star Hotline No help. Sexism.

Pays Wells, good Benefits as it has eye coverage as well as dental and medical.

Usually short staffed to to People quiting (cause of management) or being Fired (Usually due to fraud or Management, or Sexism)

You can work for Over a year or even 5 and be fired due to someone not liking the way you looked at them or for not liking you personally, wouldn't matter if you hit your targets. can be high stressed
Pros
Some great emplyees, Commisson and hourly.
Cons
Drama, Management, Flexibabilty.
Rogers was good place to gain valuable sales skills
CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2015
I enjoyed my three and half year stay at rogers. I was able to learn a lot from my customers and my colleagues. The customers taught me how to be accountable. These customers were all suit and tie customers. My store was in the heart of the financial district in downtown Toronto. So having to be presentable and accountable were my key traits to provide them with superior wireless service. I was able to master the elevator pitch.
My store got a lot of public foot traffic and the business suits coming into my store. These people did not always want to buy they came to learn, and it was my job to spark interest in a product. This product they would be committing to with a two year contract with rogers. So finding the right product for the customer was key. I learnt how to profile my customers and put them in to categories ranging from basic light user to sophisticated power user. Identifying the users lifestyle and technical level was key in my goal of product placement.
Pros
Selling, Product placement, Business clients, Thrill of the sale, Health Benefits
Cons
Management, Low pay, No room to moveup

Rogers Communications Reviews by Location