Rogers Communications

Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

company with a lot of perks and knowledge
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
•Prepared daily process-building reports for accurate tracking of key deliverables to meet department and project objectives
•Updated daily project database to ensure 100% accuracy of project documentation
•Coordinated team meetings, site visits and bid walks for vendors to determine appropriate project specifications
•Prepared, assisted and augmented various members of the team (Site Acquisition, Construction, and Management) to ensure best project management practices were identified and implemented
Pros
it was a great teamwork place
Cons
n/a
High energy and relaxed environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON9 January 2017
Seeing as this was a strictly commission based setting, there were no set hours, just a minimum of 2 hours daily in the office and the rest was up to you, we started a division geared to handle client needs and contract issues on a one on one basis, adding a report and familiarities between clients and one on one agents as opposed to a 1888 number, with someone on the other line who is not at all aware of your client history, past issues or correct methods to resolve a clients specific issue or need in a manner that insures the client is completely satisfied your services rendered.
Pros
bonus incentives daily
Cons
competitive pressures
Pressure Cooker Job
Empowerment Division (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
A typical day at work involves listening to client needs and finding ways to resolve their concerns. Management will do whatever they can to offer support and aid you. Co-workers (especially ones with tenure) will be a great source of helpful hints and tips.

The toughest part of the job is in the mediation. It takes effort to reach a compromise when every demand can not be met. However, it is satisfying when you do reach a solution that satisfies everyone involved.
Pros
Health Benefits, RRSP
Cons
High Pressure Demand from Management and Clients that may conflict
great environment, terrible work
Business Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 December 2016
It is a great environment, usually always makes up for the work needed to be done, But that would only matter if we actually had time to enjoy it. working at rogers your enemy will forever be TIME. you must clock in and out even to grab a glass of water to clear your throat only to hear customers yell at you from the other side of the phone. this workplace is highly recommended for those who have the time, are punctual, and dont mind being harassed on the phones.
Pros
cafeteria and gym
Cons
you need to clock out to use the washroom
Terrible place to work
Senior Manager Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  333 Bloor Street27 November 2016
Work as a senior manager PI and the management only praises the favourites only. They do not care about your values and if you are not among the favourite you are a goner..
You can survive if you are a good buddy of the manager regardless if you can work or not.
They just dump you like a dead fish middle of nowhere All the good ppl are leaving the place purely due to politics. Ask around the turn around in PI recently and check why before applying for this job. They do trail and error, If the management fails, you are the scapegoat! You can give it a try and stick there if you are lucky!
Pros
Salary benefits
Cons
Absolutely no job security, . You can always be a victim of their trail and error decsion which fails more often than not
Developed, implemented and monitored credit risk policy and strategy for credit line management
Senior Credit Risk Analyst/Data Mining Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2016
• Monitor and support portfolio pricing strategies initiated by Credit Risk
• Develop policies and tools supporting high-risk account management
• Monitor portfolio risk scores and optimize use of scoring tools for managing strategic and tactical measures to identify and mitigate risk
Just getting paid to lie /and be the bullet proof vest for them
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  853 York mills7 November 2016
After being their for 3 years.... I must say it was OK until management changed last yr, your just considered a number. Your only ok if know someone in higher level. If not your just another kart in the mall waiting to be used, picked up, then dashed in a corner for some one else to use. This cycle is your day - day basically, but you just get paid. Going home is the BEST feeling ever after.
Pros
Easy to get too, free parking, showers
Cons
All management, treated like a robot, majority of co workers are smelly
Great job for students
Sales Associate / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2016
At Rogers we handle customer service, selling and product knowledge to deliver that information to clients, at the retail store we are at the front line for the company where we must manager the customer experience and help the company grow. It is challenging as there are always new focuses but it is also rewarding.
Pros
Benefits and good comission
Duties
Blackberry Support Specialist (Contract) Toronto (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
• Support of Blackberry Enterprise Server: Integration of Blackberry with specified company’s Exchange server
• Support of Blackberry Internet server: Integration of Blackberries on Rogers Internet servers for client without an Exchange server
• Received and made calls to troubleshoot Blackberry related issues according to SLA agreements
• Replaced defective devices as required
Productive and exciting work space with place to play chess at lunch break
Senior Systems Developer (Former Employee) –  Rogers Communication, Brampton development campus20 October 2016
Remarkable place to work - I had been working there for 9 years.
I learned a lot of technologies and software methodologies there.
My last manager had been the best manager I ever had, really.

The hardest part of the work - find meeting room at the other side of the huge Rogers campus building in 5 minutes and be on time!!

The most enjoyable part of the work - immediately after release, when the project I worked on (for example RLH) is deployed in Production we (all our team) see it really work as expected!!
Pros
Lunch and learn, Toastmaster classes
Cons
Commute time - a lot of traffic jam
Good Pay, Easy Job, Trash Employer
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 October 2016
For 1 it's an easy job you sit and just watch tv if your desk is lucky to have them, & take calls. But they have you work 6 hours a day 5 days a week so you basically have no life if you need days off they rarely approve your vacation hours, and if you're part time you don't get paid for it. looking forward to a discount? good luck you have to wait 6 months before you can apply for the discount approval
Pros
Easy job
Cons
too many to list
Please see below
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
Fast-pased environment. Priorities tend to change on daily bases. You have to be a multi-tasker, well organized, detail oriented, good communication skills, being resourceful, being able to find a quick solution to a problem etc. to keep up with the daily requirements. Good flexible management. The goal was for me to understand their working style and where they needed most support. I had very good working relationship not only with the Directors I worked for but my co-workers as well. They were team players wonderful intelligent people and all of us working together as a team towards achieving the departments goals and success.
Pros
good benefits and flexibility
Cons
after each reorganization lot of good people lose their jobs.
Digital department is undergoing a lot of change
Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
Fast-paced, high-stress, tight-deliverable oriented department. The people I work with in CDC (Consumer Digital Channels) is great, however we all suffer from the bureaucratic nature of Rogers and we have constant challenges in being cohesive with the corporate process while attempting to work in an Agile environment.
Good office environment in Edmonton. Plenty of scope to learn new techniques and Rogers operational culture.
Project Specialist - Augmentation (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 January 2017
Day begins at 6:30am.
All processes have been set up and are easy to follow.
Ensure productivity maintained.
Rogers permie co-workers on hand who are well versed in the Rogers culture to assist as required.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
people treated eachother with a lot of disrespect
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2017
I was not comfortable working here because of the way that the people spoke to and treated each other. they were rude with little regard for other peoples feelings and they were careless with their actions. the employees picked favorites and treated the rest of their co workers like garbage
A fun, exciting and great place to work!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 September 2016
I had a great time working at Rogers. I was able to gain unbelievable amounts of knowledge and experience throughout my employment that will help me advance in my career life. I always woke up excited to start my day at work as you were always greeted with a smile by your co-workers. Everyday I was able to learn something new and I never experienced the same day twice, which kept it interesting. Management was kind of, not the best, but bearable. I loved working in a position that offered me hourly rates plus commission.
Pros
a lot of incentives for employees, good benefits package, great discount packages
Cons
you must sell in order to keep your position
Was taught so much about sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
This was an excellent company to work for, there was a lot of training provided and management was always available to help with any questions. There was not much room for advancement but I was happy being an associate, I won several competitions for sales goals.
Pros
Competitons to motivate staff
Cons
Custmer Concerns were overwhelming
Good Company, great benefits and Good Managers
Rogers Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2016
Nice place to work. The benefits are good and the Managers are great. Work Life balance is not the best.

With Families its difficult to get a schedule to fit. and the Schedules change very often, however I would recommend it as a good place to be employed.
Pros
Great benefits, Competitive Salary
Great company to work for
Customer Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  North York, ON16 January 2017
It was a pleasure working for Rogers for this place taught me so much. Like any other workplace, it had its ups and downs. Nonetheless, it made me a better person and I sure will be forever grateful for having worked at such a prestigious company.
Pros
great co-workers and managers
Cons
no free parking
Productive place to work
Full time Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 November 2016
A typical day at work included greeting customers, selling, running the floor all while getting paperwork and stock done. Management at the time was not the greatest, but it has taught me how to be in a tougher shell and handle everything without being sensitive
Pros
Long Break
Cons
Long Hours