Rogers Communications

Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Paced, Productive Environment
Manager,Operational Analytics (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2015
Pros: training budget
Cons: long hours
A good place to start a career. There is plenty of funding for courses and growth opportunities. The high frequency of corporate restructuring is the main negative.
Lack of strategic objectives, uncaring, disloyal, worse company to work for
Occupational Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 29, 2015
Unstable, disorganized and without a clear strategy. Every 5 or so years their only resource is to find a new CEO to try and keep afloat
A great experience in the corporate world
Field Representative (Former Employee), North York, ONJuly 18, 2015
Pros: No set hours, Salary based
Cons: A lot of driving
Although Rogers was a 6-month experience, I definitely got to learn how to learn on the fly and be able to present solutions in a smaller time frame. A lot of the work was outbound calling and Door-to-Door sales, but it got me to think outside of the box and really get a customer excited about the promotions that Rogers had. I worked closely with a team of three and we also drove to areas that were going completely digital. A different side to Rogers that I was not used to. Glad I got the experience!
Good vibes
Sales representative (Former Employee), Trenton ontarioJuly 8, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: 9 hour shifts
As my job was good, it was hard to deal with the chaos, but it was fun, and i like to work and keep busy, job was long but fun. I would say the hardest part is dealing with problems of other people and trying to make a solution for them
Great work environment and enjoyable to work at
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 7, 2015
Pros: freindly and supportive environment
Cons: shifts would vary and some days had very short shifts
I really enjoyed working for Rogers and my supervisors and co workers were all so helpful with me in training, and then working. I had a lot of support from supervisors work related and personal.
I would recommend this company to work for.
Myself I worked from home, and this was very convenient for me, and enjoyed helping out customers with any issues they had. The hardest part of the job was when I would get very rude customers that would call me names, as you have to be professional and not take it personal. Often these customers project their anger against the company towards you, so its not personal most of the time. I enjoy interacting with other people so I did enjoy working for them.
Pay is great, colleagues awesome
Corporate Account Executive (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 30, 2015
Pros: Exposure to technology, excellent colleagues
Cons: Management Communication is not that great
Rogers is a great company to work for. Constant restructure does make things a bit challenging. Colleagues are great. Technology is cutting edge. Perhaps a bit better communication and expectations relayed from management may help.
Friendly and productive place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: Pizza day was the last Friday of every month
Loved working at Rogers, My manager and my co workers were all getting along very well.. I loved meeting new people everyday and making a strong relationship with my customers.. I really enjoyed working for Rogers activating new phones upgrading.. the hardest part was when the store had to close down and I was laid off from work
Friendly environment and opportunities for career growth
IT Support portal (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 29, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment and opportunities for career growth
Cons: I cant say anything about cons
Rogers communication inc. is a very good company where employees treat with at-most respect and freedom. Its a family like environment. Learned many things from co-workers and managers such as people management , how to balance work & personal life and many more. Co-workers are awesome,friendly and respect each other. Share knowledge each other where required. Hardest part of the job is to adopt the changes in the project requirements on timely basis. Working at Rogers is an awesome experience which every one should experience it once in a life time.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service and Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Pickering, ONMay 27, 2015
•A typical day at work involves answering up to 50 calls; handling customer inquiries, assisting with understanding bills, providing customers with Rogers' product and service information, and solving any issues that customers may have.
•Management is great at the Rogers call centre.
•Coworkers are friendly and make the environment a fun place to work, also very supportive.
AMAZING BUSINESS
Credit Collections Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2015
Pros: THE BEST PLACE TO WORK
Cons: STILL THE BEST PLACE TO WORK
THE BEST PLACE TO WORK FOR, THE BENEFITS THE PAY IS GREAT THE INCENTIVES AND AMAZING MANAGEMENT. GREAT TEAM WORK. AMAZING OPP FOR ADVANCEMENT AND EXCELLENT TRAINING, AND CONTINUOUS LEARNING
BAD BAD BAD
Sales & Operations Manager (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 18, 2015
work you to the bone for little to no wages, set unreleastic sales expectations and zero opportunity for advancement due to restructuring.
Productive with a team of people you can relate to.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2015
Co-workers are very understanding but management is not understanding at all. Learned how to deal with irate customers better, and making commission.
...
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: 50% off employee discount
Cons: bad internet service in stores, poor management, poor support
I didn't enjoy working with Rogers. it was a very negative word environment I tried to move up in the company but the customers and the management the run rogers suck the life out of you
Sales rep for Rogers communications
Commission sales (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 9, 2015
I did door to door sales for Rogers and Bell and I sold their products homephone internet and tv service to people and I have learned that telecommunications field is very good industry to work in because everybody uses telecom services today
It all depends on the day...
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 5, 2015
I enjoy working for Rogers on most days. However there is a huge disconnect between what they policy states on paper and how it is presented to you by higher up management. The discount is awesome and job is easy if you know how to sell and talk to people.
Rogers is based on who you work with
Project Coordinator (Manager) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2015
Pros: Salary and benefits
Cons: Useless Human Resources Department
Management continually failed it's staff. Self centered and illegal tactics were used at the management level which was supported by the director level.
Challenging fast paced workplace with constant learning.
High Risk Loyalty & Customer Retention Consultant (Current Employee), Pickerin ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: close to home, work perks, team oriented
Cons: inflexible shifts/nights, no work-life balance as the hours are 4-12, mentally taxing
A typical day would include tasks such as answering calls in a calm and approachable manner while assessing the root cause of the clients complaints, multitasking to retain the business with a high focus on attention to details and being efficient in completing tasks to aid as many customers in the shortest amount of time.
In working in this environment I have learnt how to effectively and efficiently communicate with clients to better understand their needs, wants or frustrations in order to resolve any issues and then when appropriate right size customers and up sell to the proper products.
The management team and my coworkers make this job a lot more enjoyable as this job is not only mentally taxing but the hours are also very hard for a family oriented individual. Working with enthusiastic and encouraging co-workers and management teams makes the world of a difference.
The hardest part of the job would be the hours, working 4pm-12am Monday-Wednesday and then Saturday and Sunday is very depressing as there is no work-life balance. However the most enjoyable part of the job would be the fact that it's close to home and the people are fun and we all work together.
Fun workplace with performance incentives
Rogers Inbound Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCApril 11, 2015
Pros: Job Training, Great Benefits.
Cons: Stressful work environment; lots of pressure for quotas
A good steady job with an involved staff. Team based and sales based. If you know what you're selling and working to explain, you would do well with this inbound customer service job.
Enjoyed representing them
NATIONAL ACCOUNT COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), London, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: Progression if you apply yourself.
Cons: Only con in any job is if you make it a con.
This review is for many positions as I applied myself and took a real interest in Rogers and the scope of the work I was recruited to do.
management not very good
Customer Service - Retention (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: management
I've learned how to deal with customers, you have to learn how to be professional even people are screaming at you. manager don't seems to care or be helpful at all

1 2 3 4 5