Rogers Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Company with Great Benefits
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 29, 2016
Worked for the company for 3 1/2 years and I actually get offended by a lot of the negative comments I see. Great Company to work for, my experience was awesome. People love to be negative and hate, don't believe all the negatively towards Rogers. They treat their employees great and you get great benefits and very good job security.
Pros
Job Security, benifits on cable, internet and cell phone packages, dental and health benifits.
Cons
Nothing really, drama can happen from time to time but when you work with the same people everyday 5 days a week, its like family and thats bound to happen
Overall it is rather good place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 7, 2016
Pay and benefits are ok. Work-life balance is rather good. There's gym on site, they started introducing share space which looks pretty cool and inviting. Great people around to work and mingle with.
No job security, no professional development program
Pros
Work-life balance is rather good, gym on site, cool share space, Great people around to work and mingle with.
Cons
Pay and benefits are just ok, No job security, no professional development program
I work as a Portfolio prime for Capital Spend
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 25, 2016
Managing capital projects is my passion.Data Sanctity is of primary focus to ensure that management decisions are based on concrete numbers .

primarily work with project and program managers which makes this role very interactive , enjoyable and challenging at the same time.

People skills and soft skills are fundamental to be successful in this role.
Pros
Diverse groups - bring new learning to the table every day ..never a dull moment here :-)
Cons
Dealing with different personalities, volatile environment demands patience and respect at all times.
Productive and fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
Fast paced, team oriented & customer service based as it pertains to the company. Great managment & coworkers. Since I've been at this company for 8yrs it is not as hard as it appears anymore. However, trying to save the customer from cancelling has its difficult moments. The most enjoyable part is the customers and the staff.
Pros
Freedom to contact and make new customers
Cons
Standing
Always rated at top ranking employer
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 5, 2016
Great work place with the right salary and excellent benefits for their employees. Overall a really good place to work in while even at the entry level employment for there is always room for employee growth and opportunity for advancement. It was a excellent organization to work in.
Pros
Overall great company to work with
Cons
work some time stressful
Great benefits and pay!
High Risk Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 9, 2016
My latest position there was quite mundane it was saving people from cancelling their services. Over the almost 5 years of being there I learned a lot and there was a lot of room for growth if you were willing to relocate. My management and team mates were amazing, the most enjoyable part was working with others. The hardest part was the difficult customers sometimes.
A great environment with many areas of growth opportunities within the company
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 26, 2016
I had a great time working with Rogers directly as an Inside Sales Consultant. I learned a lot about Rogers and I feel like it definitely helped me sharpen my ability to sell. Everyone helped each other stay motivated and positive which helped create an uplifting atmosphere. It was a very aggressive sales position which is what challenged me to work to the best of my ability and become better and better each day. I learned something new every day which was the best part of this job.
Pros
Special benefits and Comission
Cons
Shifts are always changing
Great People / Chaotic and Poorly Managed Organization
Sr. Technical Delivery Lead (Sr. Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
Very heavy workload and chaotic. Large number of departmental layoffs added to the workload and chaos for those who remained.

Poor morale abounds.

The company seems to be in a perpetual state of reorganization, including laying off large numbers of tenured resources.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Very poor work / life balance
Very friendly environment, like second home. Hardworking people always there when you need it.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Everybody has their own priorities when it comes to work. One of mine is to be happy there. I was lucky to get to the environment in Rogers where I felt like home. I found my colleagues very hardworking, professional and always there to help if you need it.
Being part of such a great team taught me to create collaborative work between different groups . I believe that constructive cooperation and teamwork, mutual understanding and trust always lead to the success.
Large and stable company to work for.
Senior Consultant - Product Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2016
The largest media and entertainment company in Canada is a great place to work. Ever since the 3rd CEO took office, Rogers has undergone immense change internally, the effects of which are visible externally as well.

Overall, a great place to work!
Pros
Free parking at certain locations
Cons
Legacy systems meant longer timeframes for changes to happen
Good place to start, but don't be a lifer
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 10, 2016
Was a good place to start my adult career at. Most indicators that the starting salary is below industry standard, and it is very difficult to get a bump in salary above 1.5-2% regardless of performance. Very political. Most departments don't like talking to each other, or taking accountability so changes grind to a halt often.

The new CEO cost saving measures include laying over thousands of employees over the past few years in waves. Overall a company with a lot of potential, but it's very difficult to progress. If you're comfortable grinding it out for years at the same pay, you could do worse.
Pros
50% discount of wireless, cable, internet, home phone, stock program
Cons
Salary increases are less than inflation regardless of performance. Constant layoffs.
Oversized company working in an urgent environment
Senior Project Manager/Release Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 21, 2016
Have been moving in the direction of optimizing revenue flow in the last couple of years, increasing number of initiatives and reducing/outsourcing staff. This added stress to delivering teams, as well as a sense of instability, mocking down employee moral.
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
Stress, no time for gym
Great Place to Start
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 21, 2016
Rogers was a Part Time job I had selling cellphones and it was a great way to begin my career in sales. I learned a lot about building rapport and leaving a lasting impression with customers that would generate referrals in the long term.
Pros
good pay for part time
Cons
very little advancement
Rogers Communtcations
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 20, 2016
Rogers communications is a very high paced environment with a culture that would motivate you to succeed. But their loyalty to their employees can be greatly improved.
Pros
Fun atmosphere and culture
Cons
Management structure needs to be reassessed.
Fun place to work but no advancement opprotunities
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  North York, ONApril 4, 2016
Good place to work if you are just starting out in the customer service world. Lots of fun activities and your team manager will ensure you engage in them. Co-workers are amazing and fun to work with.
Pros
Excellent Work-life balance
Cons
lesser pay than rival companies
Friendly place
Manager Finance (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 8, 2016
I was working in the Fido branch. People are just great and teamwork is a way of life. I never had a bad experience with any of my colleagues.

I learned much about teamwork. People help each other and I appreciated a lot how people go out of their ways to provide information when emergencies occur.

Management has a great vision and is very close to its employees. Their doors are always open and we don't feel any barrier due to hierarchy.

In summary, I would suggest a job at Fido to everyone.
Pros
People and culture
Cons
Stress hours at month-ends
first real job. learning experience.
Installation and Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 11, 2016
technical support. lots of micromanagement and silly scripts. the golden age of tech support? i don't know. i left because i didn't want to be a lifer sitting on the phone telling people how to click on the start button. i eventually moved on.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 29, 2016
When I started , I was excited to join Rogers Communications, after the first 3 yrs, Work seemed repetitive and I didn't really feel that I was encouraged to progress.

Always keep learning and try to get to that next level.
Pros
Decent Compensation Package
Cons
Outsourcing work out of the country - Learning Opportunities - Advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2016
Rogers overall is a good place to work. Pay could be better for the amount of work that is done in store, and commission could be a bit more stable as the payout changes quite a bit.
Pros
Good benefits, discounts
Cons
Long hours, standing all day, tough customers
Never a Dull Day in IT
IT Professional (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Rogers IT is a fast paced environment with a first to market culture.
Definitely not for the faint of heart but those who are passionate about what they do and are seeking exposure to a wide variety of technologies and interesting project content, this is the place for you! Prepare to put in a lot of extra hours within IT.
Pros
Fair salaries
Cons
Work life balance suffers at all position levels

Rogers Communications Reviews by Location