Rogers Communications

Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

A fun, exciting and great place to work!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONSeptember 23, 2016
I had a great time working at Rogers. I was able to gain unbelievable amounts of knowledge and experience throughout my employment that will help me advance in my career life. I always woke up excited to start my day at work as you were always greeted with a smile by your co-workers. Everyday I was able to learn something new and I never experienced the same day twice, which kept it interesting. Management was kind of, not the best, but bearable. I loved working in a position that offered me hourly rates plus commission.
Pros
a lot of incentives for employees, good benefits package, great discount packages
Cons
you must sell in order to keep your position
Fun and amazing place to work at
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  2235 Sheppard Ave EAugust 18, 2016
Typical day at work includes arriving on time, starting up the computer to load call centre phone software. After that, continuous calls from customers regarding various issues regarding their service with Rogers. I deal and resolve these issues, and after the issue is resolved effectively, I promote Rogers products to the customer.
I learned customer service and sales tactics from working this position.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Strict about schedule
Solid work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONAugust 8, 2016
Pay was good, commission helped. Managers at the Conestoga location were amazing. Taught me a lot about sales and how to word things. Job can get stressful since customers will get very mad very easily over their services, but the management once again had a huge role in helping overcome that. Great jobs for students that want a good work experience and decent money.
Pros
Cell plan benefits, health benefits, commission, advancement is quite possible
Cons
dealing with angry customers
Still engaged?
Sr. Security Specialist, Cyber IR & Intel. (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 29, 2016
Not so much...

The take-aways from the past several Department meetings are

All staff members are stripped of 'privileges' due to abuse of a few people.
Do more with less, and less ...
No conferences approved for attendance.
No vendor provided functions will be approved.
No job specific training - 'again'
VP message in each meeting - "if you don't like it - leave"

There is lip service from the CEO about investing in our people, but development opportunities are not flowing down to the technical support personnel.
Cons
No training for IT staff to assist with job currency
Productive and goal oriented work place
Business Analyst/Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 27, 2016
Every day at work is goal oriented.I have learnt not to crack under pressure to reach the deadline of a project because utmost concentration will be needed.Excellent team work with management and co- workers. First day at work was the hardest,getting used to business environment and processes of which i got used to pretty fast and the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with my team and reaching the desired goal of the organisation.
Pros
conducive environment
Cons
non
No Job Security
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 18, 2016
No matter your tenure, I constantly felt like I had no job security, There were multiple occasions where I didn't get my commission on time. The people that you work with are the best part about the job. Had some good experiences with managers, but also dealt with many who didn't know how to run their store. Horribly under compensated for the amount of product knowledge you are expected to know.
Great staff members, and flexible hours
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 14, 2016
Overall not a bad place to work. Hours are very flexible and management tries to work around your availability. Team members are great and we all get along and work together. Can sometimes be taxing to continuously deal with angry customers. There needs to be better management training so that more coaching and team leadership is present at our location. Overall great part time job!
Pros
Flexible hours, Great team members
Cons
Dealing with angry customers, lack of proper management
Fun work environment you become a team!
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 27, 2016
getting to use Facebook and other social media methods; to assist with customer service

management always pushing us to succeed in better roles; constant coaching feed back to help improve our weaknesses

hardest part of the job would be working night and weekends

most enjoyable would be the work environment
Pros
incentive bonus
Cons
late night shifts/work every holiday
Great Company with Great Benefits
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 29, 2016
Worked for the company for 3 1/2 years and I actually get offended by a lot of the negative comments I see. Great Company to work for, my experience was awesome. People love to be negative and hate, don't believe all the negatively towards Rogers. They treat their employees great and you get great benefits and very good job security.
Pros
Job Security, benifits on cable, internet and cell phone packages, dental and health benifits.
Cons
Nothing really, drama can happen from time to time but when you work with the same people everyday 5 days a week, its like family and thats bound to happen
Always rated at top ranking employer
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 5, 2016
Great work place with the right salary and excellent benefits for their employees. Overall a really good place to work in while even at the entry level employment for there is always room for employee growth and opportunity for advancement. It was a excellent organization to work in.
Pros
Overall great company to work with
Cons
work some time stressful
motivational,incentive driven,friendly
CSR / PSSG/SSO (Current Employee) –  100 Westmorland Dr MonctonSeptember 18, 2016
I am happy working for Rogers. There is a family work place. Always able to learn, fun incentives. I feel i want to be more face to face with people. This is what i did for a great many number of years and i miss the personal contact with each individual.
Pros
friendly, team oriented, educational
Cons
only over the telephone client experiences
Overall it is rather good place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 7, 2016
Pay and benefits are ok. Work-life balance is rather good. There's gym on site, they started introducing share space which looks pretty cool and inviting. Great people around to work and mingle with.
No job security, no professional development program
Pros
Work-life balance is rather good, gym on site, cool share space, Great people around to work and mingle with.
Cons
Pay and benefits are just ok, No job security, no professional development program
Not bad to work for
Customer Service Consultant - Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 15, 2016
I was with Rogers for over 4 years, and was terminated for a difference between me and my current manager.
The pay that I received for the job I did was fantastic. The people I worked with were great. However, the manager of that "team" was a bit to be desired.
Previous managers were great, but the last one left a bad taste.
evil corporation that doesn't care about it's employees
Business Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
don't work for rogers unless you're willing to sell your soul for below market wages. they will do anything to cut costs, including laying off employees weeks before retirement and hiring temp workers to replace them. AVOID.

Plus you have you tell people you work for rogers. say goodbye to your friends and family.
Monotonous
Wireless Customer Service Specialist, ICT (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 28, 2016
Answering customer inquiries and billing issues

That customers want to be treated with respect and understanding

Management very difficult when it came to asking for support

Co-works were good to work with and rely on when needed

Hardest part was trying to calm a customer down who would not listen to reason

Most enjoyable was making a customer feel like they are happy with the service provider they have chosen and confident there issues have been resolved.
Pros
Intensives on sales
Cons
Dealing with irate customers
Great benefits and pay!
High Risk Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 9, 2016
My latest position there was quite mundane it was saving people from cancelling their services. Over the almost 5 years of being there I learned a lot and there was a lot of room for growth if you were willing to relocate. My management and team mates were amazing, the most enjoyable part was working with others. The hardest part was the difficult customers sometimes.
I work as a Portfolio prime for Capital Spend
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 25, 2016
Managing capital projects is my passion.Data Sanctity is of primary focus to ensure that management decisions are based on concrete numbers .

primarily work with project and program managers which makes this role very interactive , enjoyable and challenging at the same time.

People skills and soft skills are fundamental to be successful in this role.
Pros
Diverse groups - bring new learning to the table every day ..never a dull moment here :-)
Cons
Dealing with different personalities, volatile environment demands patience and respect at all times.
Productive and fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
Fast paced, team oriented & customer service based as it pertains to the company. Great managment & coworkers. Since I've been at this company for 8yrs it is not as hard as it appears anymore. However, trying to save the customer from cancelling has its difficult moments. The most enjoyable part is the customers and the staff.
Pros
Freedom to contact and make new customers
Cons
Standing
good manager, good team.
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
It's my pleasure to work for Rogers.

· Managed 40 cell sites incident and deficiency tickets, ranking #2 minimum MTTR in our department.
· Performed commisionning, cutover tasks, top 3 completed tasks.
· Troubleshooted for power system tickets, Cisco upgrade, fiber/microwave cutover, and cards replacement.
· Tested for Layer 3 RFC, Ping and ATP in Mini-link TN, Ceragon, Truepoint, FLX, DAS and Cisco A2/S2/S1 etc.
· Connected, mapped and tested T1/T3/fiber for cross connection.
· Configured Ericsson Mini-Link TN/Omni-Flex, Harris Truepoint, Ceragon, MDR microwave, optical equipment, parameters setting, and software updated.
good for my field
Rogers Sales Team (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONJune 20, 2016
this job is great for me as i am a business management student at Conestoga College..
i have my fey subjects as marketing and supply chain management and inventory management...

so this job is relatively helpful for me
Pros
helped me to develop communication skills with people and gain confidence to face customers openly.
Cons
get job only on weekends

Rogers Communications Reviews by Location