Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working as an escalations manager can be a challenging yet rewarding job.
Escalations Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Opportunity for advanacment
Cons: No set schedule, long hours.
I work in a call center environment. A typical day for me would be to receive phone calls and manage accounts from irate customers
escalating to speak to a manager.
I Listen actively and identify customer concerns, offering and negotiating solutions to address concerns and ensure customer loyalty.
Establish correct expectations, enforce relief and resolve through effective communication.
Apply appropriate processes and procedures to accurately respond to client inquiries.
Ensure compliance with corporate escalation policies
Integrate tools, resources and materials into conversations to support advice and recommendations.
Maintain accurate and concise documentation regarding each call
Be accountable for calls and emails and meet or exceed customer service standards at all times.
great benefits
CUSTOMER CARE &RETENTION CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: great benefits and awesome people and coworkers
Cons: favortisim and no advancements
great place work with awesome benefits but pay is low in comparison the work load and responsibility, also low advancement opportunity and favoritism runs through the management.
Productive and fun place to work with various programs for permanent and contact employees
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Even though it is a fast paced environment, working with Rogers Communications Learning and Enablement department is fun.

The management is quite understanding and also believe in balance of work and life.
Never a Dull Day in IT
IT Professional (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Fair salaries
Cons: Work life balance suffers at all position levels
Rogers IT is a fast paced environment with a first to market culture.
Definitely not for the faint of heart but those who are passionate about what they do and are seeking exposure to a wide variety of technologies and interesting project content, this is the place for you! Prepare to put in a lot of extra hours within IT.
Competitive environment for advancement, fast paced work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Rogers is a good company to work for. You must have a strong work ethic and determination to advance within the company. A typical day at work is very fast paced making outbound or inbound calls.
Great
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Great place to work. A lot of opportunity of career advancement.Tons of continuous training and lots of open ended communication between management and employees.
Complex and Challenging
Director, Inbound Innovation (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Rogers is going through a lot of changes and is a complex organization. It requires agility and patience.

Most of the executive operations are new and so most of the organization is learning new roles.
Ok place to work
compliance analyst (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Lots of shady people that work for Rogers. Lay people off and then start to hire again a week later. Favouritism runs through Rogers.
Terrible Place
Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: 50% off discount
Cons: EVERYTHING!
I would not recommend anyone to work here. A typical day in the retention call centre is taking back to back calls - having managers yell at you for having a customer on hold or being in acw while trying to note a customers account. The best thing Rogers had to offer was their 50% off and medical benefits. Other than that, I worked there for 2 years and only got a $0.53 cents raise during that time - even though my stats were through the roof. If it wasn't for all the money I made from up-selling Roger's customers, I would've taken home less than $1000 every two weeks.

Senior management, sorry management all together is a joke. Team leaders have no leadership skills, nor do they know how to manage their staff. At the end of the day, if you need a means to a way of life then you can work there. Just remember, everything is great at the beginning. Oh and hope you don't get ill! they have a steps program where you will receive a letter and it gets put into your employee record if you are absent from work for 1 day. Better to call in sick for the week and go on STD so that your illness is not used against you.
Good Place to Work
technical support (Current Employee), MonctonJanuary 15, 2016
is a good place to work with good benefits. good call center environment. good starting rate of pay for a call center. great staff discount
Dynamic great outlook to the future
senior business analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Defined Pension plan, Stock purchase - good benefits
Cons: Management slow to react - except at top levels
Good place to work and great culture.
Opportunities to grow and learn.
Some old-school management - slow down the progress.
Rogers
Technical Support - Video Conferencing - Contract (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2016
I am a contractor at Rogers Communications, and the team to which I currently report has a great manager who has a great team working for him.
Awesome Place to Work
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Paid Holidays, Flexible Shifts, Best Management, Health Care
I personally like working with Rogers Communications for there work Environment, Health benefits, Management and Flexible Shifts.
Diverse Company with cross functional opportunities
Account Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2015
Rogers Communications Inc. is a diverse company with great opportunities for cross functional experience. Great people and a fast paced environment.
productive workplace stressful environment
home phone and internet technical support (Current Employee), 355 yorl mills rdDecember 15, 2015
Pros: great compensation
Cons: unstable schedules, shift work
As a technical support agent in the home phone and internet department, we are constantly working with the public rectifying technical issues. I have learned many technical skills and information in resolving home phone and internet issues. I have learned how the Rogers systems work and precess in how to fix them in a timely, efficient manner along with a professional attitude in the process.
the management team in Rogers provides helpful guidance and support through one one coaching and team meetings.
Simply not a fun place to work, Very Low Morale, managers dont really care
Field Service Analyst - Field Service Center (Current Employee), 855 York MillsDecember 15, 2015
Pros: apparently we pay more than competing companies for similar positions
Cons: you are just a number and you will not get any gratification working here
Hardest part is being an ambassador for the product. I hate telling people i work here because i will just get bombarded with complaints, and i dont blame them, because my own services are equally poor. If i did not work for the company, i would not be a subscriber.

We advertise as the fastest internet, and fastest this and fastest that...yet the systems and tools to support such are dated and slow.
We do not improve any processes and we've laid off so many people yet we maintained the same level of work on fewer staff.

Nobody has fun here, people collect there pay checks and thats pretty much it.

All the social events we once had, are gone. At one point, managers used to walk the floors and talk to the front line...were lucky if front level managers leave there cubicles with a smile on there faces. We are required to do these employee engagement surveys, despite the poor scores, nothing changes.

nobody has a name, were all just numbers, if you want to get your soul and life sucked out of you, this is the place to be. I will say this though, ive met employees who transferred from competing companies, apparently we pay very well. But i am at a point, where my time, my life and my soul hold more value than pay.

I am in my 15th year, and I have no loyalty to this company, once something comes up I am out.
Lots of benefits
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 13, 2015
I've worked with a lot of good and bad people at Rogers but as a whole the company tries to take care of their employees. Management always had confidence in my work and knew that I knew what I was doing.
open opportunity work environment with no job security
Non-Pay Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: not enough people on our team to support the work
While I like my job, I feel its time for me to move on and try something new. I have been with the company nine years and would like to start setting my expectations higher so that I can be more challenged on a daily basis. A typical day at work is spent behind a computer, sitting at a deck, auditing contractor work, invoicing the contractors, training other employees in the company regarding new systems, or creating job aid to support these training sessions. I spend a lot of time helping to develop new and improved ways to work with new systems that are being brought into the company. My co-works are okay. I work with a lot of women and it can be challenging at times, but I don't let inner office politics get in my way. The hardest part of my job is staying focused as I am beginning to get bored with what I do. Staying motivated is difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job is probably the people I directly work with.
Challenging and fast paced environment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Toronto and OttawaDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Exciting and always changning
Rogers has provided many opportunities for growth and development; the environment is fast paced and always changing which provides continuous learning.
Your Impact Shows
Developer Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2015
If you work hard, it's a very rewarding place to be - You may not get recognized for EVERYTHING that you do, but you are able to see how your work impacts others and as a result, impacts the company as a whole. Being such a huge company, that is a great feeling!