Rogers Communications Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Senior Manager Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  333 Bloor Street27 November 2016
Work as a senior manager PI and the management only praises the favourites only. They do not care about your values and if you are not among the favourite you are a goner..
You can survive if you are a good buddy of the manager regardless if you can work or not.
They just dump you like a dead fish middle of nowhere All the good ppl are leaving the place purely due to politics. Ask around the turn around in PI recently and check why before applying for this job. They do trail and error, If the management fails, you are the scapegoat! You can give it a try and stick there if you are lucky!
Pros
Salary benefits
Cons
Absolutely no job security, . You can always be a victim of their trail and error decsion which fails more often than not
Balance approached?!?
Corporate Sales Manager, Small Enterprise Unit (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
many extremes at Rogers for better and worse.

- salary and benefits are attractive.
- work balance life balance is depend on position and role within the company.
- job security and advancement opportunity for capable individuals is unlimited.
- senior Management lacks vision, lack of engagement with front line employees and a very poor strategic approach.
- job culture is inconsistent from team to team. overall breakdown in communications between departments, lack training and employee support.
A fun, exciting and great place to work!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 September 2016
I had a great time working at Rogers. I was able to gain unbelievable amounts of knowledge and experience throughout my employment that will help me advance in my career life. I always woke up excited to start my day at work as you were always greeted with a smile by your co-workers. Everyday I was able to learn something new and I never experienced the same day twice, which kept it interesting. Management was kind of, not the best, but bearable. I loved working in a position that offered me hourly rates plus commission.
Pros
a lot of incentives for employees, good benefits package, great discount packages
Cons
you must sell in order to keep your position
Pressure Cooker Job
Empowerment Division (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
A typical day at work involves listening to client needs and finding ways to resolve their concerns. Management will do whatever they can to offer support and aid you. Co-workers (especially ones with tenure) will be a great source of helpful hints and tips.

The toughest part of the job is in the mediation. It takes effort to reach a compromise when every demand can not be met. However, it is satisfying when you do reach a solution that satisfies everyone involved.
Pros
Health Benefits, RRSP
Cons
High Pressure Demand from Management and Clients that may conflict
Please see below
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
Fast-pased environment. Priorities tend to change on daily bases. You have to be a multi-tasker, well organized, detail oriented, good communication skills, being resourceful, being able to find a quick solution to a problem etc. to keep up with the daily requirements. Good flexible management. The goal was for me to understand their working style and where they needed most support. I had very good working relationship not only with the Directors I worked for but my co-workers as well. They were team players wonderful intelligent people and all of us working together as a team towards achieving the departments goals and success.
Pros
good benefits and flexibility
Cons
after each reorganization lot of good people lose their jobs.
Good Company, great benefits and Good Managers
Rogers Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2016
Nice place to work. The benefits are good and the Managers are great. Work Life balance is not the best.

With Families its difficult to get a schedule to fit. and the Schedules change very often, however I would recommend it as a good place to be employed.
Pros
Great benefits, Competitive Salary
Terrible place to work
Revenue Assurance (Former Employee) –  One Mount Pleasant17 June 2016
Started off as a Sprint Canada employee then bought out by Rogers and became a Rogers employee.

Terrible office politics and never felt welcome. The managers had there favorites and it was obvious. Workload was impossible and terrible support from management and training. Management was never there for you and completely micro managed people. No respect from management whatsoever you were treated like a number and simply replaceable.

Management would favor there favorites and go out to coffee with them and if you were not in the club you were given a huge workload while the favorites got minimal work and it was obvious.

No job security as constant layoffs and its true as they say you never grow old working at Rogers. Getting laid off with a package was the best thing that could of ever happened.

The only good thing was the salary and benefits. There is life after Rogers and I would never go back. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
terrible managment and lack of training, too much office politics
Overworked People & High Stress
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2017
I would have to rate Rogers to be in my Top 3 WORST places to work. You don't have your own private work space, and you do not get your own desk. You have to deal with big open spaces with large groups of people so privacy and quiet is non-existent for the most part. You only get a small locker to store your belongings and files in. This is not ideal for some people.

I found that some of the 'seasoned employees' walked around with a huge chip on their shoulder (I said "some" not all) and were not always friendly to interact with. Work life balance is non-exisitant, and the work load assigned to just one person is enough for an army to do. It's beyond stressful and you are always expected to be reachable - even after hours. During the time I was there I heard so many people complain about how they hated their job due to either the work load, or the people they had work with - and in some cases both. There is ZERO job security here and the turn over is consistent and constant. I wouldn't recommend working here if you're looking for something long term. I can see it being ok for part-time or contract work only.
Pros
Convenient area for food/restaurants, shopping, TTC
Cons
NO work life balance, NO job security, Over worked & Under paid.
Solid work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 August 2016
Pay was good, commission helped. Managers at the Conestoga location were amazing. Taught me a lot about sales and how to word things. Job can get stressful since customers will get very mad very easily over their services, but the management once again had a huge role in helping overcome that. Great jobs for students that want a good work experience and decent money.
Pros
Cell plan benefits, health benefits, commission, advancement is quite possible
Cons
dealing with angry customers
Fast paced b2b sales environment with challenging targets and quotas.
Business Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
My review of my time as a Business Development Associate at Rogers Communication:

- A typical day at work would start with a meeting with the manager and our sales team. We would discuss where we stand in terms of quotas and targets for the month both individually and as a team. After that we would get down to cold calling, working with clients in my funnel and create new opportunities by contacting new small businesses.
- I learned a lot about how small businesses operate, their challenges and how Rogers products with help them overcome some of those challenges and add value to their business.
- Management at Rogers were very supportive. They did not micromanage like most call centre sales jobs are managed. They also focussed on training and development programmes for it's employees.
-The workplace culture was that of a well oiled sales machine. The whole building were all on the same page as to what our goals and objectives are. The management has to be given credit for that. The top sales agents get recognized on a monthly basis. The point being that if you are doing well, the whole building will know.
Pros
The experience working with small and medium businesses.
Fun work environment with a lot of advancement opportunities
Agent au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 January 2017
I enjoyed working for Rogers telecommunications because all the benefits and the fun work environment. Also the advancement possibilities and flexible schedules.
Pros
Scheduals are very flexible
Cons
The office is located far from any metro station
Was taught so much about sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
This was an excellent company to work for, there was a lot of training provided and management was always available to help with any questions. There was not much room for advancement but I was happy being an associate, I won several competitions for sales goals.
Pros
Competitons to motivate staff
Cons
Custmer Concerns were overwhelming
Fine work place but lack communication between different department
Market Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Good career advancement opportunities, with management encouragement to skill-up to the next level. Very matrix organization with communication gaps between different departments
Productive place to work
Full time Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 November 2016
A typical day at work included greeting customers, selling, running the floor all while getting paperwork and stock done. Management at the time was not the greatest, but it has taught me how to be in a tougher shell and handle everything without being sensitive
Pros
Long Break
Cons
Long Hours
High energy and relaxed environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON9 January 2017
Seeing as this was a strictly commission based setting, there were no set hours, just a minimum of 2 hours daily in the office and the rest was up to you, we started a division geared to handle client needs and contract issues on a one on one basis, adding a report and familiarities between clients and one on one agents as opposed to a 1888 number, with someone on the other line who is not at all aware of your client history, past issues or correct methods to resolve a clients specific issue or need in a manner that insures the client is completely satisfied your services rendered.
Pros
bonus incentives daily
Cons
competitive pressures
I loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 February 2017
Honestly Loved working at Rogers, but unfortunately I had to move. My coworkers, my management and everyone was like family. The salary was good, and the hours were decent.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
none really
Fast paced and comfortable work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 February 2017
Helping existing and potential clients to services served by Rogers
Good work culture; All employees are very friendly
Management is also good but could have improvement
Overall it is rather good place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
Pay and benefits are ok. Work-life balance is rather good. There's gym on site, they started introducing share space which looks pretty cool and inviting. Great people around to work and mingle with.
No job security, no professional development program
Pros
Work-life balance is rather good, gym on site, cool share space, Great people around to work and mingle with.
Cons
Pay and benefits are just ok, No job security, no professional development program
company with a lot of perks and knowledge
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
•Prepared daily process-building reports for accurate tracking of key deliverables to meet department and project objectives
•Updated daily project database to ensure 100% accuracy of project documentation
•Coordinated team meetings, site visits and bid walks for vendors to determine appropriate project specifications
•Prepared, assisted and augmented various members of the team (Site Acquisition, Construction, and Management) to ensure best project management practices were identified and implemented
Pros
it was a great teamwork place
Cons
n/a
Rogers
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Really good place to work at as a student. Very flexibl plus you get benefits. It is a great place to start. Management is great. You can usually do well alldat.

Rogers Communications Reviews by Location