Rogers Communications Partnership

Rogers Communications Partnership Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work, lots of opportunity for people with plan
Director Finance (Former Employee), torontoJuly 4, 2014
great people, processes need work. The culture has changed with new management and vision. The asset mix put in place by company founder Ted Rogers, should get the company through transition even if new vision proves to be flawed
Encouraging environment with motivational programs to keep you focused
Business Service Consultant (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no advancement
Being a Rogers employee has a lot of perks. We get discounts on services, we get to be a part of an active team and provide customer service to valued customers.
Fast Pace Environment
HR Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 4, 2014
Pros: gym on site, able to job shadow other departments to see what they do
Cons: long hrs, no work, life, balance
Typical day revolves around reviewing the reporting mailbox depository. See what ad-hoc report requests came in. What the request is and when they are to be delivered - SLA is 3-5 business days.
Generate my weekly, bi-weekly, monthly reports.
Contractors - What new contractor requests came in and where they need to be distributed to. Await the approvals – more... from VPs, Directors and HRBPs.
My co-workers are the very best group to work for. We all work as a TEAM which is very important. – less
Risk Analyst - Credit Operations (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2014
Roger has a great work life balance . The company has great culture and job security .
Fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free movies and games, fun place
Cons: long hours.
I liked movies and video games, was very good part time job with school.
Typical day was being on cash or on the floor.
Cashier, close transactions with customers and offer any promotions and thank them for their business, we no customers, i would batch in movies and games and organize them to put back.
On floor, i would talk to customers about movies – more... and games, and offer offer promotions. – less
Great place to cut your teeth at.
Product Development/Management, Next Gen Video (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2012
Lots of dynamic personalities.
Lots of push to go go go.
Great exposure to senior management.
Call center culture with emphasis on peer feedback and development
Company Trainer / Training Support Consultant (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 26, 2012
Call center culture with emphasis on peer feedback and development
Billing Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2012
Pros: great people, co-workers and management
Cons: some shifts would require that i work 12 hour days.
Being a Billing Analyst was very good for me. It taught me a lot about the telecommunications business. I have great co-workers and my managers are always available.
It provided constant change to the daily job requirements that kept you constantly growing your abilities and knowledge.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioJune 29, 2012
Pros: great people: both customers and staff
Cons: store closures
* Typical day was completing daily deposits, setting up daily targets and paper work; setting up your store and people for success.
* I learned to stay calm in all situations and both meet our customers needs while completing the required daily duties and supervising and training the staff.
*Our management staff were crossed trained and we would regularly – more... help our area stores with LP audits, Staff training and hires as well as managing sister stores.
* Had the privilege of working with and mentoring some of the best people in the industry and had fun as a store and area team.
* The hardest part was having to go home some days at the end of your shift.
* The Customers and the constantly changing technology that we were able to provide. – less
A dynamic, ever-changing environment
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 24, 2012
Pros: salary, pension, share purchase plan, wealth accumulation plan, conveniences, people
Cons: long hours at times, little vacation time for new employees, availability expectations from some systems are not supported with investment
From a people perspective, Rogers is a great place to work. There is a general warmth and friendliness among employees. Management generally understands the challenges and complexities of the environment. The campus has many conveniences on site, including a gym, convenience store, doctor, nurse, chiropractor, coffee shops, ATM's, and cafeteria with – more... several selections for lunch and breakfast.

Challenges include complex systems lacking detailed architectural diagrams. There is much reliance on individual expertise. Improvement in knowledge sharing and documentation would add to stability and supportability. A tendency to treat most performance issues as capacity issues, with little emphasis on efficiency of code, databases, etc. The technical environments are in a constant state of flux. Tendency for departments to be "siloed" and not to embrace the big picture. – less
Excellent organization to work for
Sourcing and Contract Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2012
Extremely dynamic and creative environment. Extremely sociable and cultured employees - a great mix of ethnicity with professionalism. Great leaders on every level of management. Excellent HR department
Wonderful Place to Work
Legal Assistant - Telecommunications (Former Employee), Bloor/SherbourneMay 28, 2013
Wonderful place to work but sadly it is only a contract position.