Rogers Communications Partnership Employee Reviews

A pleasant and productive work environment supported by attentive managers.
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2016
I usually start my day with with a warm cup of coffee and greeting my co-workers who are great to work with and very supportive. Our mangers have an open door policy. They keep us informed and provide emotional support when needed. This environment has taught me how to get along well with people; troubleshoot work-related issues within the department and increase my productivity. Our area is quite busy and while a typical day at work is processing about 300 invoices and assisting customers and employees with inquiries, the hardest part of my job is completing even larger volumes of invoices and expenses at month- or year- end while providing outstanding service to our external customers. What is mostly enjoyable, however, is what I have accomplished in a given day and the commendations I receive from everyone on a job well done.
Pros
Free tickets for games, Free giveaways (trips, phones)
Cons
Working long hours on month-end
lots of IT jobs have been outsourced overseas lately
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
with the new management in IT, they are laying off people, the priorities change very often...
it used to be a good company to work for, but not anymore.
Cons
chaos in IT
Looking for a Chanllenging SFA/Managerial role
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2015
I love working at Rogers, but I am at a point in my career where I want to grow ...
I am busy all day maintaining and improving Excel/SQL based models to increase the accuracy of compensation furcating models for various channels at Rogers (Dealer, Partner Retailer, Corporate, Direct Channel)

I would love to contribute more in strategy meeting in my new role.
Pros
Excellent work culture
Cons
lack of process at work
Rogers
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 June 2016
Data entry job - can not give more detail of the type of work -
was a steady pace of work
pay was pretty good
people i worked with were nice
the job was to far from home
Pros
good co - workers
Cons
travel was to far
A dynamic, ever-changing environment
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 June 2012
From a people perspective, Rogers is a great place to work. There is a general warmth and friendliness among employees. Management generally understands the challenges and complexities of the environment. The campus has many conveniences on site, including a gym, convenience store, doctor, nurse, chiropractor, coffee shops, ATM's, and cafeteria with several selections for lunch and breakfast.

Challenges include complex systems lacking detailed architectural diagrams. There is much reliance on individual expertise. Improvement in knowledge sharing and documentation would add to stability and supportability. A tendency to treat most performance issues as capacity issues, with little emphasis on efficiency of code, databases, etc. The technical environments are in a constant state of flux. Tendency for departments to be "siloed" and not to embrace the big picture.
Pros
salary, pension, share purchase plan, wealth accumulation plan, conveniences, people
Cons
long hours at times, little vacation time for new employees, availability expectations from some systems are not supported with investment
Legal Administrative Assistant to 1 Vice President (Current Employee) –  Toronto19 April 2015
My experience working for my current employer has been exciting and challenging but at this point in my career I feel like I NEED to be challenged a little more and take on new responsibilities.
I am in a supportive role where I am responsible for keeping my manager(s)/team organized so that they do not have to spend time dealing with any administrative tasks that they may encounter (drafting/calendering/setting up meetings/records management/etc).
Pros
Multitasking and Customer Service (keeping my team happy)
Good Teamwork with Team Members
Platform Specialist, IPRAN Operations (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2016
Helping one another in the Team to troubleshoot and resolve in a timely manner when having challenging technical issues. Sharing knowledge with each other while at the same time learning together new technologies of the Company to increase productivity in the work place
Poor Management but good environment to work, poor managers
Desk side IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2015
IT deskside Managers are awefull. no sense of directions at all.
Working environment is good. evey day same work but management was not helpful different rules and they are not on the same page.
Pros
good environment
Cons
poor management
workplace is not that fun and secure as your things can get lost, security cameras not working
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  North York, ON18 November 2015
my manager did not support me on time of my need. Empathy not extended in time of need. My immediate family member died, I have to force resigned myself as they did not give support on my bereavement leave. Awful experience. Love my work, but not treated justly. Other managers might have help, but not mine. I have been good employee meeting metrics and good customer reviews and awards for best customer service. However experience with HR and team manager is not expected at all.
Pros
discount from comapny services
Cons
not well salaried
Fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 November 2013
I liked movies and video games, was very good part time job with school.
Typical day was being on cash or on the floor.
Cashier, close transactions with customers and offer any promotions and thank them for their business, we no customers, i would batch in movies and games and organize them to put back.
On floor, i would talk to customers about movies and games, and offer offer promotions.
Pros
Free movies and games, fun place
Cons
long hours.
Risk Analyst - Credit Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2014
Roger has a great work life balance . The company has great culture and job security .
Business Support Consultant
Business Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ont.25 September 2014
A typical day would be working with three other team mates working on 86 of our Business Corporate accounts.

I learned to work with others to maintain customers needs.

Management was a little challenging. Some of the managers micro managed our team members.

My co-workers are great to work with. we all became friends.

The hardest part of the job is when our system was down. It became very hard to take care of our customers needs when an emergency would arise.

The most enjoy able part of work was being with my friends and working together.
Pros
there was a free gym at the Toronto campus location.
Cons
Long commute time.
good place to work, lots of opportunity for people with plan
Director Finance (Former Employee) –  toronto4 July 2014
great people, processes need work. The culture has changed with new management and vision. The asset mix put in place by company founder Ted Rogers, should get the company through transition even if new vision proves to be flawed
It provided constant change to the daily job requirements that kept you constantly growing your abilities and knowledge.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Ontario29 June 2012
* Typical day was completing daily deposits, setting up daily targets and paper work; setting up your store and people for success.
* I learned to stay calm in all situations and both meet our customers needs while completing the required daily duties and supervising and training the staff.
*Our management staff were crossed trained and we would regularly help our area stores with LP audits, Staff training and hires as well as managing sister stores.
* Had the privilege of working with and mentoring some of the best people in the industry and had fun as a store and area team.
* The hardest part was having to go home some days at the end of your shift.
* The Customers and the constantly changing technology that we were able to provide.
Pros
great people: both customers and staff
Cons
store closures
Business retention Consultant
Small Business and Corporate Relation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 July 2014
Great place and professional environment, co-workers make this place wonderful. Management always strive to ensure that you succeed
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Work life balance
Encouraging environment with motivational programs to keep you focused
Business Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 June 2014
Being a Rogers employee has a lot of perks. We get discounts on services, we get to be a part of an active team and provide customer service to valued customers.
Benefits
Cons
No Advancement
Excellent organization to work for
Sourcing and Contract Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2012
Extremely dynamic and creative environment. Extremely sociable and cultured employees - a great mix of ethnicity with professionalism. Great leaders on every level of management. Excellent HR department
ROGERS
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON2 November 2015
I learned a lot about how to interact with people and how to speak to people in a way they can understand. We also learn how to handle fast paced environments and dealing with people who are very mad with the company.
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2012
Being a Billing Analyst was very good for me. It taught me a lot about the telecommunications business. I have great co-workers and my managers are always available.
Pros
great people, co-workers and management
Cons
some shifts would require that i work 12 hour days.
Call center culture with emphasis on peer feedback and development
Company Trainer / Training Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 July 2012
Call center culture with emphasis on peer feedback and development