Rogers Communications Inc. Employee Reviews

My day
Communications, Intake And Feedback Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Great, I like my Job a lot, need more advancement. At this time I need to be able to advance. It is a great environment and there are great people here.
Fun place to work while it lasted
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2017
I was let go after nearly seven years of employment. The company let go of 3000 employees that year. The rolling layoffs continued to be the trend before and after I was let go. Some managers managed to side step the axe.
Pros
Fun Day
Cons
Long hours, work needed to get done.
Very productive and serious place to work
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
Terrible culture with decent benefits. An interesting and challenging environment. If fulltime then there is vacation pay which is also a plus. Well structured company.
Pros
Vacation pay. Bonus structure is good.
Cons
Not the friendliest upper management.
Valuable experience like no other but job demand not matching salary grade
Credit Collections Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2017
Rogers is a family company with great potential. Its state of the art facilities are eye catching. The salary is not as competitive as it could be and no real emphasis on career development. The business changes, and I do meet the demands but once Rogers implements other job profiles to our already challenging positions without further compensation, it makes it hard to stay with the company.

The positive is that after 9 years at Rogers, it was a school of learning. I have gained valuable experience which is a major asset for OTHER companies. Working in a share space environment is the future and Rogers has taken the time to make sure that share space is the first objective within the workforce.
Pros
State of the art facilities, share space environment, decent benefits
Cons
Not enough appreciation, low compensations, low moral
Inconsistent
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 March 2017
-salary and benefits are good.
- work balance life balance depends on position and role within the company.
- job security and advancement opportunity for capable individuals are unlimited.
- senior Management lacks vision and use the poor strategic approach
-Inconsistent job culture from team to team.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management style not consistent in all department
Great place to work with advancement
Senior HR Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2016
Every day is totally different and constantly generating and creating reports for the business. Learned quite a bit at Rogers and was extremely happy to work there. Ability to cross traini and learn other systems. Was the SME for TALEO which I was very proud of to work on daily.
Hardest part of the job was that I was constantly working. Work daily then go home, log in and continue to work to get reports to the business.
Pros
Ability to cross train and learn other reporting systems.
Cons
No Work, Life, Balance
Business Resource Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 March 2015
I liked working at Rogers, I worked with a great team and really enjoyed all aspects of my job. I learned some valuable skills while working there that I know will help in my future endeavours.
Pros
close to home
Cons
when management changed
Fast paced, ever evolving and decent pay/commision
Rogers Concierge (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 October 2014
This job was fast paced and challenging; it had ample rewards if targets were met. Management and support was always available and plenty of training provided when policy or procedure changed.
Pros
Initiative bonuses, medical/dental/eye care benefits, set hours
Cons
late hours, inflexible schedule
Fair work place.
Business Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario14 September 2014
Where management treats all employee's fairly. Management does not favour one person over another.

Hardest part is when managers micro manage you, when you already know your job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have accomplished all my work for the day.
Pros
In house gym, Doctor's office, chiropractor and massage therapy.
Cons
working long hours with out pay.
Fast pace place with lots of smart people
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario12 September 2014
Due to the fast pace environment , not all days are the same, which makes the work load enjoyable.
Pros
50% discount on Rogers Products. Campus has all amenities included (sport center, coffee shop, cafeteria, dry cleaner)
Cons
Senior management appears to be lacking focus.
Good Money, Hard To Move
Wireless Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 March 2014
Good company to work for. Management isn't all bad. I learned a lot working there, however while working towards potential management positions, we were hit with a large amount of lay-offs which postponed any possibility for advancement for another 4+ years and I decided it was time to move on.
Pros
great money/benefits
Cons
horrible shifts
Very rich and diverse work environment
NPE Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2014
A very stable and successful company. Great vision. Always working on new ventures for business growth.
company WAS very employee focused until...
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, On10 August 2013
was part of team when Rogers opened Ottawa call center..went through all the growing pains & overall, Rogers use to look after their employees...then Mr. Ted Rogers passed away and everything started to change!! Management changed too often, still very unsettled, their expectations are set too high! All a numbers game, they want to be The best, but hiring part timers, and out sourcing for less salary & fewer benefits means less dedicated employees as part timers use Rogers as a stepping stone! Quality service has declined over past
year or so...Ted Rogers must be very disappointed as I'm sure letting people go who worked for him 10+ years to only 're-hire' other people for less money was not part of his vision statement!!
Pros
flexible shifts, great medical/health benefits
Cons
desk sharing, expectations set too high, causing employees to fail
Typical Call center
Customer Resolutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON26 May 2013
I worked at the pickering call center for two years met all metrics and was treaded poorly. No work life balance pay cheque errors forced overtime reset tenure and slander in the call center. No food options and the customers are vicious. If you have thick skin and live at home with mom and dad this is ok for you. Pay is good benefits 80% get off the phone asap to stay longer than 2 years
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No work life balace
For the retention reps beware its not the wonderful place they claim, a hell hole.
Retentions Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, bc29 January 2013
It's a company that cares a lot more for its bottom line thana urging else. They have absurd and strict rules that the useless bloated middle managers enforce with an iron fist. If you get one who doesn't like you they can and will do everything to get you fired. The politics of the place are awful and they have a huge staff turnover for that reason. They pretend it's not so in the interviews but its a lie. This place is not unionized and they are actively trying to break the thoughts of unions because they know it would force them to address the major issues they have. For retentions reps the job is awful.

Don't get me wrong, the pay and benefits are good, but lower than those offered by Telus for a similar position. They keep people because they pay okay and it's not like jobs are that plentiful.

Also tip, it you get this job (I feel sorry for you) plan to be there 20 min early unpaid for every shift. They demand you do business functions like answer emails and log in to computers/systems on your own time and will punish you as "late" for not. You can't have a life, you are just a Rogers drone.
Pros
ok pay, good benefits that's seriously all
Cons
pay isn't stellar, no work life balance, awful management, poor physical conditions, substandard equipment, rediculous rules, highly political
Work Review
Business Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 October 2012
Typical day at work involves morning briefing with sales team as well as set daily target to help work towards monthly and quarterly goal.
side by side on the job coaching with agents and designing performance and coaching plans.
Meeting with senior manager to discuss progression towards target and other goal set.
Pros
great benifits, pay and other work incentives
Cons
career advancement
Mixed bag
Product Manager - Wireless Devices (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2012
Rogers can provide great benefits and in many teams (which unfortunately work in silos), there is a very strong sense of together-ness. Unfortunately management is unable to foster development in top talent, though middle management is bloated with individuals who do not and cannot perform at this level.
Pros
great offices/campuses
Cons
no development opportunities, frequent reorgs, poor internal communication