Rogers Communication Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 June 2017
Management needs some serious reviews... Too many managers very unnecessary.

Peoples work loads need to be balanced. Some people tend to take on way too much and others who have been there a long time can just shluff off their work loads somehow and management either doesn't care or doesn't see it happening.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad environment to work in
Awesome
IT BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 May 2017
Amazing enviornment no micro management at all. This is a company to grow with a not worry. Managers are amazing and look out for the employees my experience was amazing.
Good job to start
Live Chat Technician (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON18 April 2017
-Being on the phones as an agent is very stressful they require you to know everything but did not increase the pay for being able to fill multiple jobs
-Live chat was very relaxed at times and a great transition a lot better than being on the phones but had to handle multiple customers at a time
-Management was not always the best. There was a clear distinction between front line workers and managers, they reaped the benefits of the work that front line workers put in
-Pay started good but raises became less and less as you reach your cap. The overall cap is not reasonable for people with a mortgage and families. The pay should be better for the amount of work and rules we are required to do and follow
-Benefits were great and started from day one, it was a major reason many people stayed. Good programs such as RRSP, Rogers Shares etc
-Employee discount is great and bonuses are possible but are sometimes hard to reach
-Good company to work for overall
Pros
benefits, employee discounts, over time
Cons
lots of rules, pay is not enough, management not the best
Paid to be the customers punching bag
Customer Escalations Advisor (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 April 2017
There is absolutely no support for the staff whatsoever. Literally during meetings and coachings management would tell their staff that they are being paid to be the customers punching bag, and customers can treat you anyway they want. Even assault.
Theres no protection of the staff.
Groups of people used on on-line chat to bully workers who were just coming back from a medical leave.
all in all working for rogers you need to be able to enjoy getting called all kinds of names and taking abuse from customers, and you need to be prepared for the cliches at the office who will also bully you. If you go to anyone about how your being treated then you can expect to be treated even worse.
Pros
High Pay and Commissions
Cons
Everything else
loved working with rogers
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 November 2016
loved working with rogers learned a lot. Nice company to work with. Very professional. but was too stressing as call center. if not achive the target keep getting threaten of firing
Travail d'équipe
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Ville Saint Laurent, QC10 November 2016
Chez Rogers, le travail d'équipe est le dénominateur commun de sa philosophie d'entreprise. Au file des ans, j'ai su tisser des liens incroyables avec beaucoup de collaborateurs internes et externes.
Pros
Travail d'équipe phénoménal
Cons
Bureaux désuets au centre de CDL
Manque d'organisation
Représentante au service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC8 November 2016
Je trouve que les avantages sociaux sont excellents. Par contre, il y a un manquement à l'égard des employés à temps partiel.
Rogers Outrank has great work culture and energy
Small Business Consultant/ EBU (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
A typical day at work involve making outbound cold calling to small business in Canada to offer Rogers Outrank/Yodle product, at the same time cross selling Rogers core products.
Flexibilite detravail
Senior Application Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 August 2016
ILetaitpossible de travailler de la maison, aspect important puisque lacompagnie etait situee au centre ville. Tous les outils de collaboration etait present afin de rester en contact avec les collegues et avoir acces al'information en tout temps
Pros
flexibilite
friendly environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2016
I'm having fun working in Rogers, there's a lot thing I've learn technically but specially the people is awesome. like we're treating each other a brothers.
Pros
free coffee
overall experience
Small Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2016
great company to work for, if you are a peoples person you will absolutely love it, because at the end of the day you are contributing towards making better consumer habits.
Excellent place for learning new techs
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 August 2016
Excellent work place to learn new technologies. Flexible working hours and better work environment..
GREAT Benefits
Sales Associate/Courtesy Phone Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2016
hard to find balance between work and personal life.
great benefits
very limited hours
a evaluation every 6 months to decide if you get rise or not
Big Companey
Platform Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 June 2016
Not a strong smart management, too many meetings with little output, preserve co-workers with avg 15 years of experience and so many days of vacation and at the same time job security concern.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working on projects when you get to learn a lot on different aspect of project and the work.
Pros
Tranings
Cons
Shift work, on-call
Good knowledgeable work experience
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 June 2016
It was good learning experience working at rogers. Management , team and work culture is good. I really gained valuable knowledge working here.
Fun workplace with friendly coworkers
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 June 2016
Typical day consisted of reviewing promotions, answering customer queries and bridging customers to services by narrating the benefits and value of the brand. Reconstituted trust and rapport and closing sales by harnessing available resources. Management is supportive and co workers are friendly.
Un travail productif
Conseiller aux comptes à recevoir (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 May 2016
Il fallait effectuer la facturation, la collecte et la production de rapports en fonction de délais précis.
J'ai appris résoudre les demandes des clients; faire des ajustements.
Il fallait participer à l’organisation et l’amélioration du système de recouvrement.
Fun work place
Data Center technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa20 May 2016
Fun work place, enjoy and comfort, happy to be part of Rogers.
Every day learning a lot , co-workers are very co-operative and help full.
The best Tier 1 company in Canada
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 April 2016
During my time at Rogers Communication I learned a lot about myself personally and professionally. They had AMAZING management training programs and weren't afraid to take chances on employees.

I would come in every shift and did as much as I could to provide excellent customer service and also sell. It was largely commission based and you didn't really have an option not to sell. I took pride in selling products honestly and not selling just for commission. My customers and employees enjoyed how transparent I was when it came to the company itself. I never lied to a customer and I vowed to honour that for my entire working career.

I learned that hard work does pay off but if you didn't sell you were the problem.

Management had it's ups and downs. Some were looking to help develop and some were looking to see you burn (metaphorically speaking).

Hardest part of my job was dealing with the customers who felt scammed or lied to. I really bothered me that dishonest people or employees would flat out lie to make an extra buck. That's not who I am or who I look for in an employee.

The most enjoyable part was my co-workers. I thoroughly enjoyed working with them on a daily basis. A work day was light hearted but productive. Boundaries were set and respected.
Pros
Reputable company and training
Cons
Politics will make or break your career
Retail Job
Rogers Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2016
Rogers retail, retail environment. offer customer support on rogers products home and mobile. Great opportunities to advance good job security.
Pros
Good Hours, Management, Staff
Cons
Poor Earnings, Large Company upper mangement isues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Communication. Our community is ready to answer.

Rogers Communication Reviews by Location