Roevin Employee Reviews in Canada

Joke
Potential Hire (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 15, 2016
Couldn't believe an agency was less interested in placing me in a position. Seemed everytime I phoned them to see how it was progressing, they kept asking me for something else and sign up for a course.

All the agent kept saying was "I need to look good for my client"
Pros
Nothing in my experience
Cons
You are the one doing as much as you can, not the agent
I feel Roevin is about the best company i have worked with
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2015
I liked working with Roevin they paid a good wage and always on time. They also covered me with a cost of living allowance. One thing that i always wondered about was they never talked to you much maybe the only time was is when they were going to have a event such as christmas party or golf ETC.
Pros
Good money, lots of hours Never anyone to stress you out.
Cons
Didn't have much say in working overtime when turnaround was started (38 days straight)
Good
Monitoring Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
This helped me expand my knowledge and allowed me to familiarise myself with airside and terminal operations. By monitoring various sectors of the airport, it enhanced my analytical and logical approach to problem solving whether it was customer based, staffing matters or department concerns.
Safety
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CNRLJanuary 27, 2015
Overall the job was very good and the team worked well together in order to keep the project moving forward in a healthy and safe maner.
A great place to start your career
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 22, 2014
Supportive management
A great place to start your career
Great wages
The people at Roevin work very hard at placement of people
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 8, 2014
Overall, a very good experience
The employee representing me in my placement was professional
and quick to respond to any questions or concerns during my tenure.
A good working Placement agency
QA Turnover Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ft.McmurrayJanuary 31, 2014
It's a day to day's of working hard to update all documentation
pertaining to the project.
Roevin not bad, client was cut throat
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayOctober 16, 2013
Was hired for an entry level position where I was told all the training would be provided. That certainly was NOT the case. I was new, working with 'one' Sr. Controller who on a daily basis struggled with his work load that he didn't have any time to train me to effectively do my job. Brief instruction was given and I was left to my own devices on how to carry out a task from beginning to end. Some times being asked to do things that I have never done before or was shown very briefly 6 weeks ago that I never done myself. The management was non existent. No structure, support or leadership in the department. Then a month and a half later, I was let go with the excuse that I wasn't catching on fast enough and was compared to a summer student who come in and was so quick to learn and blah blah blah. Well ya know what... I would have too if I had a Sr. Controller sitting directly across from me who I could have asked questions to and aide in my learning all day for 8 days straight a shift. But the Sr. Controller quit leaving me without a dependable mentor. Whatever was asked of me, I did. So I not quit sure where the 'not catching on' bs came from. Just an excuse to cover for their own failure to provide and be able to provide adequate training to be a benefit to them. I have no respect for the department managers or the current Sr. Controller at this particular site. I was set up for failure from the get go!!! Very disappointing experience.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
poor management, no formal training provided, sr controller couldn't communicate his instructions clearly, not fluent in english
Excellent team to work with
Safety Administrator, (Onsite) (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayMay 13, 2013
Ensure incident reports are accurately recorded and entered in Shell’s software system FIM (Fountain Incident Management).
Maintain the incidents database in FIM and Silo Tracking spreadsheet
Quality check, transcriptions and scanning in FIM of the incident reports
Maintain direct communication with the HSE personnel to follow-up the closing in FIM of the recommendations generated after the incident report analysis
Document Control of the incidents in the AMEC`s files
Maintain and Control Person Protective Equipment (PPE)
Development of the Environmental Work Permits Database
Worked for them a short period of time.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMay 1, 2013
Never will work for these people again. They committed to flying me back to my home and after I booked the ticket and got home they decide to not pay for my airfare. I was unfairly released by the client due to personal commitments and like all body shops they would not dare to challenge their client. Really making me think twice about working for any body shops in the future.
Pros
pay check on time every week, the recruiter did seem to care but i guess his hands were tied.
Cons
typical bs body shop, cares for their clients, no worker commitment, they only tell you the positives and leave out the negatives to get you on site.
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2013
I really enjoyed working with Roevin. They treated me well and always kept me updated on issues that pretained to my job. Also they always paid me on a regular schedule without any complications.
Pros
treated me good, always had the oppurtunity for extra hours
Cons
would like to have more training assistance with whmis, tdg first aid
Very Reliable.
Document Control (Current Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 13, 2013
Always paid on time and found me a new position after my initial contract ended.
Good placement
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 11, 2013
- Participate in process start-ups, shut-downs and isolations

- Prepare process units and equipment for routine maintenance

- Sample products, perform tests, record data and maintain a log of process condition changes and upsets
- Troubleshoot, and enter required data into the SAP Maintenance Module
- Implement standard operating procedures

- Apply Lock Out and Tag Out procedures contributing to a safe plant

- Issue permits following corporate industry and operations standards

- Participate in safety programs and maintain a safe work environment
Pros
great experience
Cons
very low pay
Work
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Anzac,AlbertaAugust 18, 2012
I really enjoy the type of job that i am doing, however i dont like not having any job security.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no job security