Rocky Mountaineer

Rocky Mountaineer Employee Reviews

Sales in a high end tour company
Vacation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2016
A typical day at Rocky Mountaineer can be very hectic. Call volume can be very high on a typical day, so most time is spent selling on the phones and using our reservation system.

There is of course follow up and file maintenance that is done on a daily basis.

On days that the train is running we can go and greet our guests and wave them off on the train. This is my favorite part of the job, connecting with guests and being part of life changing experiences.
Fun for just a season.
Onboard Host (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 August 2015
Seasonal job, long days on the train and very demanding job but it´s fun and you meet great people in there. Would recommend for sure.
Best Company I have every worked for by far!
On Board Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 April 2015
Rocky Mountaineer is known for its amazing five star customer service and food. Along with many other things from our luxury train travel full of amazing scenery and great story telling and commentary along the route. Its is an everyday learning process on and off board the train. I have learnt a number of stories and historical facts about the areas we travel in beautiful British Columbia and also in Alberta. Travelling through terrain that early explorers travelled through when first settling in our province.
Rocky is always providing room for advancement for their employees and they always make you feel loved and welcome back each season. There is nothing like meeting new people everyday at work people coming from all different parts of the world. With the sheer beauty of the train and the excellent service provided we make life changing experiences for our guests. I could go on and on about the love and passion I have for the organization but I would eventually run out of room.
Pros
free train trip for two on board in our Silver Leaf Service, Travel on boad the train, become a member of the train family, everlasting frinedships
Cons
long hours, sometimes under stressful circumstance
Good Company Good people
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 July 2014
My supervisor was really supportive and it was my first full time coop job there.
Good company
Guest services (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB2 June 2014
Rocky Mountaineer is a five-star product with respect to what the guests experience on board the train. Sadly, the train is perpetually late throwing the ground staff into an unbalanced, reactionary state of operation.The people who work for the company are hard working and dedicated, for me, that was the most enjoyable part. Management recognize the efforts of their staff.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Perpetually late trains
Great
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC5 May 2014
Hard dependable people and I've learned lots from the amount of team work that was destributed
I've worked for worse
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 March 2014
Overall a moderately decent place to work depending on your department. The train staff love their work and if you're well suited for the long hours, the pay for the onboard personnel is pretty exceptional. Particularly when tips add up.

The management for the most part is good. The VP of Guest Services, however is a difficult woman to work for. You are underpaid, and very under appreciated. She'll pile work on you with disregard. If I was working for a different company I would be making at least five or six dollars more an hour.

For the average employee a 10 or 12 hour work day is pretty standard.
Pros
you get a lot of free meals
Cons
Long hours, disorganised, poor training, can be a stressful environment at times
Excellent work place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 October 2013
I gained lots of knowledge and experience.
Management is knowledgeable and decisive.
Nice environment to work in.
Long working days but certainly worth it.
Pros
Free train rides
It was fun job because you have to have lots energy of
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 July 2012
I learned how sort out emptys and wash outside/inside windows.

It was kinda like an night shift because i worked from 7pm to 4 or 5am.

The partner I worked with showed me what to do.

The hardest part was workin until 4 or 5am.

I enjoyed the whole job because it was me.
Pros
got payed the same day
Cons
longest day but i did not mind at all