Job Description: Event/Office Assistant
# of positions: 1
Full-Time Contract Position (March 26, 2013 – December 31, 2013)
*Please note, the starting date is flexible. Candidate must be available for the full duration of the contract.There is strong potential for this contract to extend into a full time, permanent position at the end of the contract.
Do you have experience in events and love food and wine? Work with a dynamic team of Event Coordinators at the Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival to plan, coordinate and produce Alberta’s largest wine and food events! Be a part of this truly amazing team and gain incredible event, sales, marketing, small business and project management experience.
We are looking for an energetic, highly organized, and professional Event/Office Assistant who will have the opportunity to be involved with event planning and logistics for the largest and most popular wine and food festival in Western Canada! The candidate will assist the Event Coordinators with the overall planning and coordination for the upcoming Festivals as needed. Duties will involve general administrative tasks, assisting with sales, as well as marketing, exhibitor, staffing, and event coordination. The candidates will be responsible for a combination of some of the following projects and areas, as well as other tasks. Please note that the candidates need to be flexible, as responsibilities may change throughout the contract.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist with supervising volunteers and temporary event staff onsite during the Festivals
- Liaise with event suppliers and coordinate orders
- Assist with donation and door prize tracker; distribute as needed
- Assemble ticket packages, exhibitor packages, or other items for mailing
- Assemble and/or create Festival-time materials, such as name badges, signs, staffing materials etc.
- Assist with exhibitor coordination (collecting and monitoring samples, assembling exhibitor packages and tickets, etc.)
- Assist with data entry
- Help with proofing of marketing items, such as database emails and website content
- Assist with tracking inventory of marketing materials
- Draft, edit and/or analyze Festival surveys
- Create Festival reports
Assisting with sales
- Assist with exhibitor booth sales as needed
- Assist with sales calls to potential restaurant exhibitors (set up meetings, inform them about Festival details)
- Help prepare meeting documents
- Update and assist with managing, researching and developing various contacts in databases
General administrative tasks
- Responsible for answering the phones, directing calls, and relaying messages
- Handling all incoming consumer inquiries (emails and phone calls)
- Be ready to jump in and help in all other areas as needed
- Cover tasks while co-workers are on vacation
- Preferably a post-secondary degree in Business or Communications
- Excellent ability to pay attention to details - while working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proven customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Extremely organized
- Ability to write error-free emails and letters
- Great personal skills
- Ability to work as a team, as well as individually
- Excellent attendance
- Interest in gaining experience in events
- Experience in sales is an asset, but not required
- Ability to work overtime (up to 10 or more hours per week) if needed during busy periods
- Ability to work all hours of the Festival(s)*
- Please do not apply if you are not able to complete the full contract
*Must be available to work longer hours during the weeks prior to and during the Festivals: May 10-11, 2013 (Banff RMWFF), October 18-19, 2013 (Calgary RMWFF Festival), and October 25-26, 2013 (Edmonton RMWFF Festival).
Base salary plus performance bonus at the end of the contract will range from $32,000 - $38,000 per annum, based on experience and qualifications of candidate.