Rocky Mountain Equipment Employee Reviews in Canada

Always Learning Something New
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 2, 2016
Come in everyday and do all my postings, answer phone calls, help customers, make popcorn, send out mail, go to the bank, And many other things. I have my resume if needed thanks !
Pros
Love My job
Great Company
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATOR- HR (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABApril 18, 2016
Amazing in regards to work/life balance. Wages could have been higher but overall, one of the best companies I have worked for. AMAZING management.
A little fine tuning, and Rocky could excell
Field Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 18, 2016
I found that the motivation for customer satisfaction, and just obverall courtesty was very much lacking at Rocky Mountain Equipment. I would constantly be cringing while overhearing how my colleagues dealt with our clients. The technicians were in my opinion highly skilled, yet customer relations were strained. I am quite sure this is due to the lack of oversight. and the lack of basic customer relation skills.
Very little work being done.
Agricultural Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Preeceville Saskatchewan CanadaDecember 25, 2015
I get up @ 7am, get breakfast and head to work for 8am. When there there is not alot to do as there is a much more productive John Deere dealership across the road which is flat out. Most of my day is spent clocked in as 'unapplied'. I would much rather be busy as the day is way too long twiddling your thumbs!
Cons
40 hour week...
Hard working environment
Service Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlock, ABDecember 2, 2015
Massive territory, the most enjoyable part was the co-workers. Typical long hours in spring summer and fall. Catered to farmers equipment service needs. The goal was to keep customers rolling in-season by whatever means necessary.
Branch Administration
branch admin (Current Employee) –  High River,AlbertaMay 13, 2015
I learned shipping and receiving and heavy machienery parts and service writing and now branch administration. Loved this place but the bullying between co workers was to childish.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
bullying
Don't know
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2015
On line learning was great., along with the courses they provided to advance you in your position
Great co workers, and a team enviroment
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the helping the customer
great place to advance and build a future
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABDecember 31, 2014
excellent place to work, excellent management, only concern was its like high school with drama and groups of popularity
Horrible management from corporate down
None (Former Employee) –  AlbertaNovember 4, 2014
This company will take advantage of you in every way and walk all over you. You can be one of the best employees in the shop, with no complaints and no problems, and still have no job security. They don't value the heart of their own business even in the slightest. With this company, it pays off to kiss butt and look good to the right people. Actually being a good worker doesn't make any difference. If you like to be under valued and work for back stabbing, gossipy children, this is the place for you.
Pros
the work itself is ok
Cons
management
It was a good company to work for however i didn't want to became an ag mechanic
Apprentice Heavy Duty Technician (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, ABJuly 21, 2014
i would repair and maintain customers farm equipment . I learned a lot on a constant basis as all jobs were different. Management was friendly and supportive. my coworkers were very helpful with explaining new procedures to me. the hardest part of the job was going to trade school all day then them wanting me to work for a good portion of the evening after school instead of studying and doing homework. The most enjoyable part was the fact that there was always something to be learned.
Pros
that the work was always challenging
Cons
it was not a trade that i wanted to pursue
Whole Goods Accountant
Whole Goods Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 14, 2014
Responsible for account reconciliations and ensuring that payment is made to manufacturers on time for five branches. I take care of large sales from beginning to end and make sure all accounting principles are being met. Meet deadlines and prepare documents for corporate office as well as for audits. Ensure that revenue recognition principles are being met as well as commissions are paid correctly
Stay far away
Technician/service manager (Former Employee) –  ManitobaMay 25, 2014
Top heavy management company that does not care about the employees at the bottom. Huge wage gaps between technicians from province to province. Service managers are paid at a sub par salary. Keep looking, this is not a place you want to work
Pros
decent hours, overtime durin busy seasons
Cons
poor salary, poor staff morale, top heavy management
BAD RUN !
Technician (Current Employee) –  High RiverMarch 24, 2014
Don't believe anything they tell you ! Terrible management , as seen in other reviews never know from day to day if you have a job . Now bring in foreign workers and pushing out local workers ! JUST DON'T DO IT !!!
Pros
was some good people ! almost all gone now tho .
Cons
really none !
Good work environment
Service manager/Heavy duty mechanic (Former Employee) –  Balzac, ABFebruary 27, 2014
I was service manager for one year when I started and transferred back into shop as a mechanic. A typical day was anything from construction and agricultural repairs to pre delivery and set up of new equipment. Attitude in shop varied from day to day as the seasons changed, mostly it was a good team atmosphere. I learned a lot about managing employee's as this was my first time as a Service manager, I stepped down from service manager due to my young family. The best part of the job was the location, new shop, good overall attitude, as well as training and benefits. I quit the job after I transferred myself to the Drumheller branch as shop foreman, I found the attitude and people in Drumheller very poor an unwilling to accept my new role as shop foreman.
Pros
new shop, chalanging, over all attitude in balzac
Cons
politics of the management, never quite sure where you stood as a person or tech.
Scary place to work
Heavy Equipment Field Technician (Current Employee) –  albertaJanuary 22, 2014
Day to day you have no idea if you will have a job the next day.
ZERO training to be had