Rocky Mountain Equipment Employee Reviews

Amazing place
Parts Person (Current Employee) –  Dauphin, MB8 August 2017
Great place to work well productive great people to work with and good work experiences around parts for tractors and general farm equipment. ........
pay check doesn't bounce
BSM (Former Employee) –  Camrose8 August 2017
This company is a revolving door - controlled by a CEO that unplugged the clock to save time. The branches are divided into silo's that compete with each other to abuse the customers. No Branch Manager to oversee each location.

There is nothing good to say about this company- be ready to watch your back - HR dept is good at terminating people.
Pros
short term
Cons
turn over and brutal old boys club
Very inappropriate Job Inviroment
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Killam, AB1 August 2017
This place is the worst place to work for do not apply to this job the people are rude and will try to get you fired, it is the worst place i have ever worked for management doesn't help you when you need it most and doesn't couch you or train yeah.
Pros
Benefits and saving plans
Cons
workplace Invorment sucks rude people
Dependable is not what they do
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB13 July 2017
RME hired the worst sales manager ever to lead the sales team. He has no knowledge of farm equipment and has no management experience. Upper management also seems to be out of touch with employees and what's going on in the farming industry.
Pros
Good benifits program
Cons
Low employee morale
Not a company that cares in any way
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB10 July 2017
As a experienced CNH mechanic, I thought the job sounded good. Severely disappointed. It's who you are, not what you do that counts. Constant belittling, management posting rework against your jobs, when caused by their pet employees. Offered full benefits, but wouldn't inform how to access them. Had an injury in the yard, with blood pouring off my head, and service manager berating me for being idle.. Had apprentices that baited journeyman, as they knew they were untouchable..the list goes on. Saw three journeyman move on in six months.. sadly cannot recommend this company in any way.
Pros
Going home at end of day.
Cons
Arriving at work.
Decent company to work for
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 April 2017
I worked at Rocky Mountain Equipment for about 3.5 years. I enjoyed my position but the turnover was brutal. It was crazy busy for 2/3 of the year and the other 1/3 was incredibly slow which makes for very long days. Overall It's a decent place of employment.
Pros
good hours with flexible schedule
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement
Great Place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bow Island, AB7 February 2017
Overall my experience working here was great. All my co workers were great to be around. We all worked as a team, my job was the administrator but I had no problems helping with other departments such as parts.
Pros
Amazing customers, and staff
Cons
Being Laid off
Great to work for
Corporate Parts Controller (Current Employee) –  Westlock, AB6 February 2017
RME is a great company to work for. They offer so much to the employees.
I have learned and am continuing to learn so many different things in the business of RME. They allow us to continually grow ourselves and achieve new goals.
I truly enjoy the team I am part of and couldn't ask for a more knowledgeable group to be part of.
Lethbridge location- worst job ever
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB31 January 2017
Management is awful! Too much bullying and harassment happening on a daily bases! Do not recommend!!
Would fire people for no reason, pay was not enough!
Pros
Non
Lacking Management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 December 2016
Both of the locations I worked at had managers with no previous experience, and no ties to the AG industry, which I think should be mandatory when working in ag sales.
Pros
Good Benefits, and allowances
Cons
Poor Management

Want to know more about Rocky Mountain Equipment?

Ask a question
Highly reccomend
Service sales manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan17 October 2016
RME is a good company to work for. I believe they have the customers interest at heart and look after their employees.

However some employees are cancerous and should not be in certain positions, this is the only short fall I see within the company.
Pros
Stable, Work life balance
Cons
Management of staff.
Always Learning Something New
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2016
Come in everyday and do all my postings, answer phone calls, help customers, make popcorn, send out mail, go to the bank, And many other things. I have my resume if needed thanks !
Pros
Love My job
Great Company
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATOR- HR (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 April 2016
Amazing in regards to work/life balance. Wages could have been higher but overall, one of the best companies I have worked for. AMAZING management.
Not impressed
Branch Admin, Safety Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 February 2016
The boss was very rude to me after advances were made and denied my life was made to be awful until my 3 month contract was up. I would never recommend this employer as long as this person is still employed there. i did report it but nothing was done i was mortified and didn't want to go to work but i had a responsibility and i finished my contract time and never looked back!
A little fine tuning, and Rocky could excell
Field Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2016
I found that the motivation for customer satisfaction, and just obverall courtesty was very much lacking at Rocky Mountain Equipment. I would constantly be cringing while overhearing how my colleagues dealt with our clients. The technicians were in my opinion highly skilled, yet customer relations were strained. I am quite sure this is due to the lack of oversight. and the lack of basic customer relation skills.
Very little work being done.
Agricultural Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Preeceville Saskatchewan Canada25 December 2015
I get up @ 7am, get breakfast and head to work for 8am. When there there is not alot to do as there is a much more productive John Deere dealership across the road which is flat out. Most of my day is spent clocked in as 'unapplied'. I would much rather be busy as the day is way too long twiddling your thumbs!
Cons
40 hour week...
Hard working environment
Service Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlock, AB2 December 2015
Massive territory, the most enjoyable part was the co-workers. Typical long hours in spring summer and fall. Catered to farmers equipment service needs. The goal was to keep customers rolling in-season by whatever means necessary.
Branch Administration
branch admin (Current Employee) –  High River,Alberta13 May 2015
I learned shipping and receiving and heavy machienery parts and service writing and now branch administration. Loved this place but the bullying between co workers was to childish.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
bullying
Don't know
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2015
On line learning was great., along with the courses they provided to advance you in your position
Great co workers, and a team enviroment
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the helping the customer
great place to advance and build a future
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB31 December 2014
excellent place to work, excellent management, only concern was its like high school with drama and groups of popularity