Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Employee Reviews

The WORSE chocolate company to WORK for!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 17, 2016
I was hired as an Assistant Manager for Robson Flagship Store. Worked lots of overtime when company promised to pay.

In the end they didn't and waste my entire summer to fix that store. All they did was to sent in corporate staff and took over the store.

The WORSE company, don't waste your breath!!
Fun workplace, terrible management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2016
The job was great but the owner and manager treated me and other employees like garbage. It wasn't until a bunch of people quit that they decided to step up their game and learn that they have to start treating their employees with respect. Most of the customers who go into the store have absolutely no respect for the employees whatsoever. They treated me like I was some fast food person and I was stupid or something. Overall, the job was extremely stressful and degrading. I would not recommend any of my friends to work there.
Pros
chocolate
Cons
mostly everything
good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2016
this job taught me muti tasking and marketing fun job the chocolate is really good!!!!!! good staff the work day is fun and busy
Loved working for this company
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Worked with a small great team of people! Working in a fast paced environment was great and I really enjoyed working independently as a key holder.
Was responsible for closing the store and meeting sales targets.
Very enjoyable and rewarding
Candy Cook (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Nothing was a typical day most were enjoyable. i would go to work and make 10 batches of Rocky Pop which is popcorn with 5 different types of nuts and caramel. I might also make a Seafoam. The staff were great to work with. Hardest part was learning how to make everything correctly but within the time frame u were allowed for production. I always loved to put on a show for the people walking in front of the store. Having product sitting on the table and the smell makes your mouth water.
Pros
knowing people would enjoy the product made
Cons
the short work year
Fun workplace with nice co-workers.
Retail Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONNovember 21, 2015
I really enjoyed working here over the summer. I met a lot of new people who also enjoyed working there with each other. We could all agree working with the manager wasn't a fun job though.
Pros
salary
Cons
long hours, no weekends off
fun place to work if you like sweets.
Cook / Candy (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONNovember 18, 2015
prepare the Rocky mountain Chocolate Factory recipe for caramel, then produce and utilize on food items. Also would make peanut brittle, fudge, candy apples.
Pros
discount on candy, worked on my schedule
Cons
physical long hours of stirring and cooking
Fun work place
FULL TIME KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  calgary albertaSeptember 14, 2015
Providing exceptional customer service. Managing the tills and catering to customer requests and orders. Co workers were all very good and team players
Beware
Management (Former Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 14, 2015
Corporate culture at this 'factory' is greed driven. Staff are barely in their aprons before they are 'selling' and product knowledge is sparse. Product is too often old but sold anyway- they have lists that tell the staff that it's ok til 9 months or so....it's all shipped from BC and little made in house at non franchised stores. I agree completely with the Vancouver (manager) comments...I was not proud to work for this company and I looked for a new placement the whole of my time with the company. The negativity on the ground is terrible...bullying is endemic from head office in Vancouver. It's a sad situation as there are many excellent franchisees in ownership with the company and they look to get out if they can. If the store is owned by the main company then beware.
Fun co-workers
Crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaSeptember 13, 2015
A good flexible part-time job for a student as it provides time off during exams and extra shift in the summer.
Also learned how to cook chocolate.
Unfortunately the Truth
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, B.C.July 13, 2015
The flagship location is supposed to be run, better than the rest of the stores since it is a corporate store. Unfortunately, the store is simply not run much better than a pop up lemonade stand. No company culture, or support from upper management. No HR processes, proper training manuals, no employee reviews, like literally no processes whatsoever.
The hardest part is pretending to care about the job when you know the business is being run in such a shady manner. There are no ethics here. The saddest part is that the products and the people that work here are beautiful. Very cute little store, in a prime location. Unfortunately they refuse to run the business ethically, treat their employees with any respect, nor do they provide incentives for selling.
I would tell anyone applying to the position to run! DO NOT work here. Very low pay for Sales Associates. No promise of hours, no training. Good luck.
Pros
good treats
Cons
everything else.
In the Aiport meeting new people
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2015
Enjoyed working at this franchise as it builded my customer service and gained knowledge on working in a team environment. Enjoyed serving customers from different countries and gained product knowledge on all the different chocolates.
Good Summer Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-LakeJune 17, 2015
The owner was quick to hire, not too concerned with experience. People that work there are very nice and accomadating. The management was a deal breaker, it is a very production focused company so there are alot of daily quotas of things to get done and only one way to do them.
Pros
in NOTL
Cons
Very Busy
Love working here
Sales-Retail (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONApril 24, 2015
I enjoyed working here everyday. Most of my co-workers were awesome and I got along with most of them. A typical day at work was completeing the list my manager gave the staff to do on a regular basics.
Great culture
Senior Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2015
I couldn't have asked for a better manager. He is always willing to help, and gives his staff the independence they need. The culture at RMCF is very welcoming; the management team is extremely approachable and are accommodating.
Pros
disounted chocolates
Cons
long hours during high seasons
Great workplace
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMarch 5, 2015
Working for Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory is a great opportunity! I loved every second of being an emplyee there as it felt like I was spending the day with family rather than an employer. They still had great management and maintained a regulated workplace while balancing fun.
I would work for Rocky again in a heart beat.
Productive working space
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 22, 2015
A typical day entails preparing utensils for chocolate making and chocolate decorating. Chocolate making is particularly fun during the special holidays as we get to make different types of chocolate. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with, as well as the supervisor and manager. However, sometimes season work is low, so I would like to look for a part-time weekend job.
Pros
great working environment, discounts on chocolate
Cons
can be stressful at times during the holidays
Fun workplace
Sales Clerk/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Loved working at Rocky Mountain chocolate factory it's a great company that let's you grow, employees can start as sales clerks and can grow into management,
Pros
let's you grow
Cons
no overtime
fun, intresting workplace
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pearson, ONSeptember 27, 2014
Rocky Mountain is an exciting, enjoyable, relaxing place to work. Where you meet all types of customers from all over Canada and work with very friendly co workers and get to try some delicious chocolate!
Pros
good customers, friendly co -workers
Cons
cleaning
this is my summary
Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  toronto pearson airportSeptember 2, 2014
just make sales, and meet targets at the end of every week. overall I enjoyed this job, the commute became a bit to much for me as at the time I did not own a car, and I got an offer from a different company where it was easier for me to go to and the pay was a bit more that's why I left.
Pros
secured area at all times
Cons
no holidays

2.8