ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHOCOLATE FACTORY

ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHOCOLATE FACTORY Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
this is my summary
Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee), toronto pearson airportSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: secured area at all times
Cons: no holidays
just make sales, and meet targets at the end of every week. overall I enjoyed this job, the commute became a bit to much for me as at the time I did not own a car, and I got an offer from a different company where it was easier for me to go to and the pay was a bit more that's why I left.
Enjoyable and fun to work around local vendors.
Manager (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: free ice cream and candy.
Cons: the owner sold the business.
A typical day consisted of Candy production, ordering and employee supervision. The most enjoyable part of the job was producing and selling quality candy to customers and networking with local vendors in a community setting. Rocky Mountain was a company that valued its employees happiness and well being. Although it is a massive franchise, employees as well as management remained individuals rather than just a number. My co-workers were mostly high school graduates but I encouraged there independence and confidence to face life head on and to never fear taking a REASONABLE chance.
Productive and interaction with boss
Packaging Assistant (Current Employee), Harrison Hot Springs, BCJune 23, 2014
Pros: free samples of chocolates
A typical day at work is packaging product, cleaning, stocking showcase
Nice store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMarch 27, 2014
Scoop ice cream, made/packaged store products. Customer service. Merchandising.
Was okay place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Overworked and under apperciated.
Liked helping customers, and making sure they are happy.
Liked when mystery shoppers came in.
Fun workplace
General staff, sales expert, chocolatier. (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: can sample what we make
Cons: low pay, no possibility of growth
At work, I serve customers and ring though their orders. I also make a lot of the chocolate treats provided in the store. I work closely with the manager and owner.
A lot of work for very little compensation
Key Holder/ Sale Associate (Current Employee), Toronto Pearson AirportOctober 14, 2013
No one has specific daily tasks, everyone does a little bit of everything. There is very little organization and management is good with allowing employees to balance work and life but has difficulty running daily tasks smoothly. The best part of the job is being able to sample any kind of chocolate any day! The coworkers for the most part work well with each other but there is a huge employee turn over rate. Since I started in December 2012 I have seen so many people come and go.
fun and friendly experience
Sales Associate inside the airport at Terminal 1 (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 18, 2013
Worked in a very friendly but competitive environment. Competative and always striving to be the best at your position.
Making Chocolate
Chocolate Maker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2013
Making chocolate was easy but it took long to put it in the boxes so they took it to stores. I learned what they put in the chocolates. I never made any mistakes making chocolate for example: I fill the box with chocolates a lot and they all spills. The hardest was nothing.
productive and fun workplace
Production/Packaging (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 20, 2013
Pros: free gifts
8 hr paid job,
good camaraderie among management and co employees,
Fun building block to develop skills for future employment.
Effective promotion representative (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 8, 2013
Pros: fun work environment, excellent hours.
Cons: you find yourself heading in the dead end of the company, the skills aquired however are excellent.
Working at RMCF started in 2007 for me, as a part time student job. Throughout the years I advanced to opening and closing, full prep work responsibilities, managerial duties, staffing, payroll, yearend. and by the time I was done, I knew how to make everything in the store without assistance, I could do inventory and stock orders, I had full customer responsibility and managerial responsibilities over the staffing and promotional venues.
fun job
Production Worker (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 30, 2012
Pros: friendly
Cons: temporary
I enjoyed my job in overall , friendly, making chocolate all the time, love the smell:)
Yummy cast-offs, decent hours.
Counter Staff and Chocolatier (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 16, 2012
Pros: discount, no uniforms, hands-on training
Cons: long shifts, long periods standing, short-staffed
While there was a lot of catty behaviour and in-fighting when I was here, it seems to have smoothed out somewhat. There are frequent unsellable cast-offs from production which staff get to take home, very nice perk! Staff discount on all product.
Big emphasis on rotating product correctly, keeping busy and big push for customer service.
Amazing experiences with customers, important to keep allergies in mind when working here.
Do not apply if allergic to nuts, the store uses them in almost everything and you will get ill from airborne nut dust (they are kept above the apple displays.)
What we all go through...
Senior Clerk/ Cook (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: mostly flexibility with your work scheduled
Cons: the rest of the work.
Management is pathetic in the Colorado springs branch. I wouldn't never say hey go work here to anyone. The one good thing that they actually do for their workers is flexibility with your shift hrs during most of the yr. Other than that the management belittles you and talks down to you. They aren't okay with you missing work due to weather unless the roads are closed. They are rude and never sound happy. If something is wrong they don't care what time it is they'll text you till you wake. They always tell you what you're doing wrong they never tell you what you do right. If you can't get your shift covered if you can't make it in due to weather you'll get fired on your first offence. They say weather is no excuse to miss work. If you are thinking about applying then don't. This isn't just my experience it has happened with several others. They also have a very high turn over rate which is a consequence of their pathetic attitudes.
Needs new management.
Manager (Current Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: a lot
I've worked at this place for a long time but can only do so much with current owner / general manager. They don't listen when you think something would be more effective, need time off, argue when you do need off for family / vacation / anything else. Pay increase may happen once every 2 years and because of that people don't stay long. Constantly under camera surveillance, so if you are doing something your supposed to be doing, then a customer walks in that you don't see, the owner will call the store phone let it ring once then hang up just so you know the customer is in the store. Don't apply to work for this company unless its a last resort.
Fast pace environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 17, 2014
Pros: free samples of product daily, friendly staff that works as a team.
Cons: short staffed around the holidays, short breaks.
The work place is fast pace, customer oriented, environment. The staff are friendly and focus on meeting the needs of the customers. The staff work together as a team and each person plays a special role in daily task. Most of the product is made in store by the employees. The hardest part of the job is keeping enough product on the shelves. The most enjoyable part of the job is cooking and selling the tasty product to the customers.
Productive Workplace.
Retail Clerk (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 10, 2014
Daily Task

1. Make candy apples and other chocolate candies required.
2. Greet and help customers.
3. Always trying to up sell to customers.
4. Manage cash register for more bills or change needed.

The hardest part of the job was the morning getting the daily tasks in timely manner while we started getting busy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the mornings.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlantic city.n,jOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: worked alone even when its busy
Making chocolates and apples was a very good experience for me and dealing with different kinds of people
started off fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ridgeland, MSSeptember 18, 2014
I work only on the weekends now Friday and Saturday. the manager is unfair and unorganized. other then that the job is pretty ok I get to meet to people nice and rude. I've learned many thing such as make carmel apple and other different kinds of treats
wonderful environment, caring staff
Customer Service (Former Employee), lewes, delawareSeptember 17, 2014
Met a variety of people. Everyone was very encouraging with school and other events. The hardest part of the job was dealing with as many customers as possible when we got busy. The best part was having a very flexible work enviroment, not to mention getting to snack on chocolate. The owners encouraged homework to be done during breaks as well as time with family on vacations etc.

1 2 3 4

About ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHOCOLATE FACTORY

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory knows that tourists often leave their diets at home. That's why many of its candy stores are – Read more

ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHOCOLATE FACTORY Photos