ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHOCOLATE FACTORY Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
In the Aiport meeting new people
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2015
Enjoyed working at this franchise as it builded my customer service and gained knowledge on working in a team environment. Enjoyed serving customers from different countries and gained product knowledge on all the different chocolates.
Good Summer Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-LakeJune 17, 2015
Pros: in NOTL
Cons: Very Busy
The owner was quick to hire, not too concerned with experience. People that work there are very nice and accomadating. The management was a deal breaker, it is a very production focused company so there are alot of daily quotas of things to get done and only one way to do them.
Love working here
Sales-Retail (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONApril 24, 2015
I enjoyed working here everyday. Most of my co-workers were awesome and I got along with most of them. A typical day at work was completeing the list my manager gave the staff to do on a regular basics.
Great culture
Senior Sales (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: disounted chocolates
Cons: long hours during high seasons
I couldn't have asked for a better manager. He is always willing to help, and gives his staff the independence they need. The culture at RMCF is very welcoming; the management team is extremely approachable and are accommodating.
Great workplace
Sales Person (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 5, 2015
Working for Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory is a great opportunity! I loved every second of being an emplyee there as it felt like I was spending the day with family rather than an employer. They still had great management and maintained a regulated workplace while balancing fun.
I would work for Rocky again in a heart beat.
Productive working space
Production Associate (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great working environment, discounts on chocolate
Cons: can be stressful at times during the holidays
A typical day entails preparing utensils for chocolate making and chocolate decorating. Chocolate making is particularly fun during the special holidays as we get to make different types of chocolate. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with, as well as the supervisor and manager. However, sometimes season work is low, so I would like to look for a part-time weekend job.
Fun workplace
Sales Clerk/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: let's you grow
Cons: no overtime
Loved working at Rocky Mountain chocolate factory it's a great company that let's you grow, employees can start as sales clerks and can grow into management,
fun, intresting workplace
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Pearson, ONSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: good customers, friendly co -workers
Cons: cleaning
Rocky Mountain is an exciting, enjoyable, relaxing place to work. Where you meet all types of customers from all over Canada and work with very friendly co workers and get to try some delicious chocolate!
this is my summary
Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee), toronto pearson airportSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: secured area at all times
Cons: no holidays
just make sales, and meet targets at the end of every week. overall I enjoyed this job, the commute became a bit to much for me as at the time I did not own a car, and I got an offer from a different company where it was easier for me to go to and the pay was a bit more that's why I left.
Enjoyable and fun to work around local vendors.
Manager (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: free ice cream and candy.
Cons: the owner sold the business.
A typical day consisted of Candy production, ordering and employee supervision. The most enjoyable part of the job was producing and selling quality candy to customers and networking with local vendors in a community setting. Rocky Mountain was a company that valued its employees happiness and well being. Although it is a massive franchise, employees as well as management remained individuals rather than just a number. My co-workers were mostly high school graduates but I encouraged there independence and confidence to face life head on and to never fear taking a REASONABLE chance.
Productive and interaction with boss
Packaging Assistant (Current Employee), Harrison Hot Springs, BCJune 23, 2014
Pros: free samples of chocolates
A typical day at work is packaging product, cleaning, stocking showcase
Nice store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMarch 27, 2014
Scoop ice cream, made/packaged store products. Customer service. Merchandising.
Was okay place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Overworked and under apperciated.
Liked helping customers, and making sure they are happy.
Liked when mystery shoppers came in.
Fun workplace
General staff, sales expert, chocolatier. (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: can sample what we make
Cons: low pay, no possibility of growth
At work, I serve customers and ring though their orders. I also make a lot of the chocolate treats provided in the store. I work closely with the manager and owner.
A lot of work for very little compensation
Key Holder/ Sale Associate (Current Employee), Toronto Pearson AirportOctober 14, 2013
No one has specific daily tasks, everyone does a little bit of everything. There is very little organization and management is good with allowing employees to balance work and life but has difficulty running daily tasks smoothly. The best part of the job is being able to sample any kind of chocolate any day! The coworkers for the most part work well with each other but there is a huge employee turn over rate. Since I started in December 2012 I have seen so many people come and go.
fun and friendly experience
Sales Associate inside the airport at Terminal 1 (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 18, 2013
Worked in a very friendly but competitive environment. Competative and always striving to be the best at your position.
Making Chocolate
Chocolate Maker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2013
Making chocolate was easy but it took long to put it in the boxes so they took it to stores. I learned what they put in the chocolates. I never made any mistakes making chocolate for example: I fill the box with chocolates a lot and they all spills. The hardest was nothing.
productive and fun workplace
Production/Packaging (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 20, 2013
Pros: free gifts
8 hr paid job,
good camaraderie among management and co employees,
Fun building block to develop skills for future employment.
Effective promotion representative (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 8, 2013
Pros: fun work environment, excellent hours.
Cons: you find yourself heading in the dead end of the company, the skills aquired however are excellent.
Working at RMCF started in 2007 for me, as a part time student job. Throughout the years I advanced to opening and closing, full prep work responsibilities, managerial duties, staffing, payroll, yearend. and by the time I was done, I knew how to make everything in the store without assistance, I could do inventory and stock orders, I had full customer responsibility and managerial responsibilities over the staffing and promotional venues.
fun job
Production Worker (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 30, 2012
Pros: friendly
Cons: temporary
I enjoyed my job in overall , friendly, making chocolate all the time, love the smell:)