Rockwell Collins

Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

Electrical Engineer II who loves his job!
Electrical Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 28, 2016
I love what I do working for Rockwell Collins. It's the kind of job only hoped to get while in school. Management is great, they have my back and care about my career track.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
pay
Fast Paced and Dynamic Company
Installations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed working for Rockwell Collins, Inc. The benefits and compensation were awesome and the support team was phenomenal.
Steady Employement
Principal Software Architect (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 4, 2016
A good place to find stable employment. A great place to be if avionics and aviation are your passion.

Management is weak and ineffective. Lots of good people to work with, that are often unable to effect the changes that they need to.
Fun workplace but limited growth path
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJune 1, 2016
It's generally pretty cool to work in RC as the folks are usually very friendly and warm. However, with big companies you tend to see many protocols, policies and procedures that are not only lengthy but very out-dated in this modern world.
Pros
flexi working hours
Cons
frequent overseas travel and late night calls with US team
fai inspector
First Article Inspector- . Knowledge of AS9102 (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 1, 2016
Rockwell Collins is a company who strives for change and adaptation, which creates an environment of inclusion and the ability to feel like part of a team. The focus on diversity and bringing uniqueness to the group makes Rockwell stand above its competition as "the place to work!" I had only been there a few years and have found it welcoming and an inviting place where my ideas are heard.
A company in the death spiral
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 20, 2016
A company stuck in the 1950's - word and deed do not match and they are driven and controlled from the top and the top is completely disconnected from the reality of what is going on in the organization.
Pros
People in the heart of the organization are good people, who are trying to do the right thing in spite of senior leadership and the culture
Cons
Management, the culture (command and control) - no real desire to change
Great company to work fro. Awesome work ethics.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, IAMay 10, 2016
Fun place to work at many good people there. Management is very involved in employee success and well -being in work place. Great pay and good benefits
Principal Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Mexicali, B.C.May 7, 2016
Rockwell Collins is a good place to work.

The only problem I had is that there is not enough accountability and sense of urgency. This is something the management team is working on.
Pros
Good work ethics
Cons
Lack of accountability
review
Individual Contributor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 5, 2016
RC is a typical A&D company - great technology but it moves slow. The CEO is trying to change the culture of the company. Continued focus on empowerment is needed.
Great work environment
Certified Military Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAMay 2, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Co-workers within department worked as a team to accomplish high quality repairs efficiently. Moral was always good.
Large Company
Senior Procurement Agent - Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR and Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2016
Large company made it difficult to get things done in a timely manner. I enjoyed my time with Rockwell. The people I worked with were fantastic.
Pros
9/80 work week
Company is hanging on
Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 15, 2016
This company has made too many cuts to save on expenses. They are working on getting more contracts but the cuts have put undue stress on the employees
Has potential to be a great place to work.
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Test Engineering (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 14, 2016
Unfortunately micro management and negative culture from Rockwell Collins' headquarters in Iowa creates a work environment that is counterproductive and difficult to work in.
moderate
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 7, 2016
Ok, not much on the designside. manufacturing centric, lots of differnt bosses to report to. heavy chart generating. FAA paperwork
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
contact
Very supportive team
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 5, 2016
Great working conditions and supportive team. Management it's really helpful with ensuring that junior personnel succeeds.
Fantastic Place to Work
Sr. Engineering Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 29, 2016
Culture is hard to accept at times but overall great place to be!
Must be highly educated (Masters Degree to hold management position)
Happy There
Manager, FOS Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2016
I was happy at Rockwell Collins and was disappointed to leave when I had to move away. I felt that most of the management valued my opinions. I appreciated the diversity of the organization very much.
Great place to work with great people to work with.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2016
Learned people skills, network admin entry level skills. Some times work is slow and at other times hectic.IT department throws some great and fun get together.
Customer Account Specialist
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 25, 2016
Fast paced work environment,
Family oriented
very helpful coworkers and management to make sure succeed in position
Worked as a team
great place to work and learn
Test Operator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 24, 2016
A set pace, with a daily goal to reach everyday. A fun but professional atmosphere. Always an opportunity to learn and grow. Management always has an open door with good communication. The hardest part of my job I would have to say is nothing the processes that we have are made to make it a easy flowing as far as the build side maybe the part shortage from time to time but other than that the trouble shooting on the test side of things might get a little difficult at times as well. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say is the feeling that I am making a difference whether it be improving quality or the flow of a process but the sense of achievement you get especially when you hear live feed back from customers and upper management.
Pros
the benefits over all
Cons
Don't really see any