Rockwell Collins

Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

Productive and fun loving palce
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2016
It is a nice place to work and learn.The working envinronment is very good and team members are friendly.There is no hectic shedule.
Good benefits,people who care and it paid well.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 7, 2016
Was able to continue learning all the processes that is required to build a circuit board before it is populated with components.
Management was good,do your job and they left you alone.
Pros
Paid holidays, free meals.
Cons
Short breaks
Great College to work for
Aviation Meteorologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2016
I worked here for like three years and the whole time I was there the employees, staff and faculty were great. Awesome place to put roots into and grow with.
A Day In the Life At Rockwell Collins
Principal Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 5, 2016
When I arrived at Rockwell Collins they had new management wanting new and fresh perspectives into it's sales force. For a company based in Cedar Rapids, IA, it was a moment open to attract not the best and brightest but talent which reflected its customer base. There was a big push on diversity and that is when I joined the company. It was a lot of fun to work the company in those days. As part of the national sales force we were hungry to take market share from our competitors. We stretched the boundaries of the company's decades old culture but sales and profits grew. Then they got a VP of Sales who reflected more the old culture and things changed. One by one guys like me left the company. I was one of the last of the group hired during the expansion period to go. Looking at the top leadership today it is reflected of those who grew up and advanced in their limited culture.
Pros
Pay Benefits
Cons
Lack of Diversity, Stale Company Culture
Excellent company with excellent benefits.
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 31, 2016
Excellent Company, Ethical, Caring, Value Driven. Right-sized employment, no layoffs since i've been employed. People and Customer oriented.
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 30, 2016
Excellent communication and leadership across the company. Management cares about employees. There is some room to growth but is very limited. If you are in one division is very rare you will jump to another.
Easy job with great pay
Project Contractor (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 29, 2016
A typical day would include traveling around the state of Maryland to a new MVA location everyday. Although the work was tedious, it was extremely easy and it's a great temporary job if you're in need of some good money.
Pros
Great pay, travel, easy money
Cons
tedious work
Average Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 12, 2016
Rockwell Collins is an ok company to work for. Management evaluation issues, good pay, nice people and very organized.
No two days are the same
Lab Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 12, 2016
A typical day stats with emails, meetings, briefings, and training. I love the small team of coworkers , we get along and work together everyday. Hardest part of the job is making people understand it is not up to me on whether they can have new equipment or not. Most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of the lab and interacting with the engineers.
Pros
It's an excellent company to work for
Cons
Limited over time in my position
Some managers do not appreciate there employees. Some administrative assistants should be dedicated to there work area and no other area.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 9, 2016
Not much to say about this company. Not good!
Some buildings have better people to work with than others. Women in upper management are always competing with the male managers. It's not a very fair company for people of color.
Good Company
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshAugust 9, 2016
Its my First Company. The work environment was very good. We have ample of time to do the work.The colleagues are good here.We can learn many new things.
Technician/ Deployable Power Rep (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 28, 2016
This company had the perfect balance when it came to pay, vacation, work hours, and having a life. This company also care about its employees.
Pros
everything
Cons
no cons
Was a great place to work prior to buyout
Sr. Financial Analyst/Controller/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 17, 2016
Previous company was a small family oriented organization that grew and learned together. Rockwell Collins bought the company and divided the organization.
Good work life balance with less opportunities in career growth
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJuly 4, 2016
Good work life balance with less opportunities in career growth. Should maintain good relationship with Leadership.
Decent company overall. Good ol boys club environment and work inefficiency gets old though
Electrical Enginner (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 1, 2016
Decent place to work. Work life balance is up to the individual. People there are generally pretty nice. Occasionally you run in the "big fish in a small pond" person which is common in cities in the Midwest. Advancement isn't always the greatest because of the Good ol Boys Club mentality there. Management can be overbearing at times. There seems to be many extra layers of management which can get pretty inefficient when trying to accomplish simple things. Pays well however you earned it by dealing with a lot of fluff which can be stressful at times. This type of environment is common amount places that have government involvement. Regulation, paperwork galore! Overall it's still a good place to work.
Electrical Engineer II who loves his job!
Electrical Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 28, 2016
I love what I do working for Rockwell Collins. It's the kind of job only hoped to get while in school. Management is great, they have my back and care about my career track.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
pay
Fast Paced and Dynamic Company
Installations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed working for Rockwell Collins, Inc. The benefits and compensation were awesome and the support team was phenomenal.
Steady Employement
Principal Software Architect (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 4, 2016
A good place to find stable employment. A great place to be if avionics and aviation are your passion.

Management is weak and ineffective. Lots of good people to work with, that are often unable to effect the changes that they need to.
Fun workplace but limited growth path
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJune 1, 2016
It's generally pretty cool to work in RC as the folks are usually very friendly and warm. However, with big companies you tend to see many protocols, policies and procedures that are not only lengthy but very out-dated in this modern world.
Pros
flexi working hours
Cons
frequent overseas travel and late night calls with US team
fai inspector
First Article Inspector- . Knowledge of AS9102 (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 1, 2016
Rockwell Collins is a company who strives for change and adaptation, which creates an environment of inclusion and the ability to feel like part of a team. The focus on diversity and bringing uniqueness to the group makes Rockwell stand above its competition as "the place to work!" I had only been there a few years and have found it welcoming and an inviting place where my ideas are heard.