Rockwell Collins

Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No Job security in the UK
Supplier Relationship Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Image
Cons: Poor leadership
Great corporate image however the UK segment lacks finances and low sales forecasts

Constant changes within the matrix organisation
Engineers produce great products despite opposition from management
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 22, 2015
Hardest part of job is trying to deliver product despite constantly changing project requirements. Most enjoyable part of job is seeing your office building in the rear view mirror as you leave.
Great people and benefits.
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Cypress, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Company sponsored events, environment.
Cons: None
Great company to work for. Great benefits, people, management, work/life balance.

Learned about insurances, (life, medical, dental and vision, LTD, STD and AD&D). Policies
Good Company to Work for
Sr. Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 20, 2015
Very responsive to the direction that you want your career to go. The education reimbursement is great for increasing your knowledge.
Typical defense contractor.
Sr. Technical Writer (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Learned a lot about publication types.
Cons: Many tight deadlines.
I worked at Rockwell Collins for six years; one as a contractor and five as a full-time employee. I would have stayed until retirement if I had not been laid off.
Was a great company once
Highly Educated and Held Back (Current Employee), MidwestJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Small Town location
Cons: Promotability, Pay, Benefits, Corporate Culture
Rockwell Collins is backsliding as a "great place to work" and does not offer the diverse culture it purports.

Leadership is stuck in place- upper leadership is disconnected from the talent beneath it. Promotions are based on the "good ole boy" network mentality. Pandering abounds.

Females and people of color get passed over for promotions consistently- career opportunities are provided to predominately white middle aged men. When they lack that type of bench strength, they hire from the outside.

When career development opportunities are sought across subsidiaries or within newly acquired companies, cross functional development and movement is discouraged. Internal politics and corporate culture is acerbic.

Although the standard of living in Cedar Rapids and Iowa are better than average, Rockwell's pay and benefits are not keeping up with the world around it, which is driving the best talent out of the company.
good
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 10, 2015
I work in a test lab that tests everything the company makes. I get to see something new almost everytime I go into the lab.
Very old school work environment but professional
Undergraduate Technical Intern (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 9, 2015
Other than casual fridays where you can wear jeans, office work is very professional business attire (think khakis or slacks). The company seems to be kind of old school, but everyone is pleasant.
Good Organization to be in, if you had just started your career.
Principal Programmer (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJuly 9, 2015
Good Organization to be in, if you had just started your career. Team is collaborative, professional and work 'smart'.
Productive workplace
Undergraduate Intern Senior (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 7, 2015
Great place to work. Productive employees, friendly to work with. Plenty of constructive feedback offered. Would recommend to a friend.
Nice workplace
System Project Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 6, 2015
Good company to work with. Typical midwest employer. Company provide good career path. All employee are very friendly.
Rockwell Collins is an excellent employer.
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 6, 2015
Rockwell Collins is an excellent employer. I highly recommend Rockwell Collins as an Aerospace employer. I am very satisfied with my employment at Rockwell Collins.
Solid, but lacking in areas
Avionics Specialist III (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2015
Rockwell Collins was a good place to work and I enjoy what I do but sometimes upper management doesn't listen to our needs; little changes could go very far. We are supposed to work 40 hours a week, typically, but at the moment, it is at least 50+. I am in a position where I do not get paid to do what I do and it has been over a year. I have been there for almost 3 years and haven't gotten a proper performance review and the couple times I've asked for one have returned no results.
Very good place to work.
Systems-Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 5, 2015
Rockwell Collins is a very good place to work. I've worked here for 5 years and loved it. I got to work on several exciting projects and gained a lot of knowledge here. I will highly recommend it to anyone interested in the Avionics/Aerospace industry
RC Review
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 12, 2015
Good company. Good benefits. It's in a family friendly town.
They have nice buildings. They take care of their employees. A typical day at work consists of sitting at a computer.
A company that is technically broad and deep with a culture that is diverse and innovative.
TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Global opportunities
Cons: Unpaid overtime is expected
This company offers a broad range of opportunities to satisfy any technical appetite in the aviation electronics realm. This is a great place to learn and grow. Many of the retiring employees began as co-op students.
Good Place
Configuration Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 6, 2015
Rockwell Collins is a good place to work for. The managers are fair and there is a good atmosphere with the employees. I recommend it.
Productive and great place to work.
Avionics Test Operator (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 6, 2015
Rockwell Collins is a great place to work with many opportunities for career growth. Company offers 100% education reimbursement and the staff from top level to entry all works as a team to accomplish goals. I enjoy coming into work everyday and feel very confident that the furthering of my education will allow me to move up within the company rankings.
worked there for 15 years
ENGINEERING FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids IowaJune 5, 2015
I enjoyed my co workers and working with airplanes. The hardest part of the job was leaving after 15 years. I would work there again.
Tough culture to break into.
Production Manager (Current Employee), Coralville, IAJune 3, 2015
The union is behind the times and expects everything. Upper management does not want to fix problems. they just want to keep the union happy. Which puts front line supervisors in a bad position.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rockwell Collins

Forbes recently named Rockwell Collins to its 2015 America’s Best Employers list! Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the – Read more

Rockwell Collins Photos