Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

Hardworking, enthusiastic team player with extensive experience in a manufacturing environment .
Inventory Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL14 November 2016
Focused on keeping first pass fill rate in the high ninetieth percentile while at the same time trying to reduce unwanted inventory dollars. Coordinated with buyer and production control to manage material flow in accordance with production and customer needs. Also to determine resources necessary to meet production schedules, determine progress of work, and completion dates. Worked with customers POC in regards to production schedule and meeting commitment dates.
On the cusp of advanced technology
Sr. Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA16 November 2016
Typical days are fast paced with demanding schedules. Little to no tool training create employee hardship. Employees are highly skilled, personable, and embrace teamwork. Site managers refusal to communicate honest forecasts and continued blame of upper management created atmosphere of gross mistrust of job security. Enjoyed accountability without micromanagement.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
Deceptive "building trust everyday" slogan does not apply to employees
Learned a lot but processes are a nightmare
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR5 December 2016
Great products and good employees and local management. Insane level of processes with a lot of repetition and poor data management. Upper management is not very aware of what all needs to be fixed and when they do know the process to change the process is ridiculously long. I didn't see anything change the entire time I worked their.
Pros
Good hours, great coworkers and local management
Cons
Company leadership is very slow to get anything done.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FL27 October 2016
Working at Rockwell Collins is a great place to work. This company offers comparable benefits and opportunity to advance within. Rockwell Collins has a very family like work environment. They are very involved with the community and do everything they can to help their employees be successful in their careers and personal life.
Pros
A company that does what they say they will do
Cons
Healthcare
Free to do my job
SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MD30 November 2016
I am able to come into work, do my job, assist where needed and then go home.

I work well with my co-workers when I need or when they need me. Its a very diverse group.

My job is always a learning experience as it is so dynamic in its nature, so this is not only the hardest part, but also the most enjoyable.
Pros
Pays the bills
Cons
No room for advancement, pay scale is subject to interpretation instead of your work.
A solid company with excellent compensation and benefits
Program Manager, APQP Implementation (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA9 November 2016
Rockwell Collins is a very solid company that primarily does business in the aerospace and defense industry. The people that work there are top-notch, and the compensation is excellent, particularly in the geographic location of their home base.
Pros
Compensation, paid time-off, co-worker expertise
No two days are the same
Lab Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA12 August 2016
A typical day stats with emails, meetings, briefings, and training. I love the small team of coworkers , we get along and work together everyday. Hardest part of the job is making people understand it is not up to me on whether they can have new equipment or not. Most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of the lab and interacting with the engineers.
Pros
It's an excellent company to work for
Cons
Limited over time in my position
Great environment and diverse group.
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR18 October 2016
Rockwell has been a great company to work for with benefits that balance personal life and work life. There is a diverse culture here with people who have experience or knowledge in multiple areas and is utilized to everyone's advantage.
Pros
Alternate off Fridays, benefits, flexible hours for personal needs.
Advancement -Don't expect it!
Sr. Electronics Tech III (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA3 October 2016
Upper management has many people in the wrong positions. Your job title does not mean anything. Degree people is not recognized. They place the needs of personnel where areas our weak by helping in the progression for the next project scope.
Benefits
Cons
Upper Management Power struggle, advancement opportunities
Some managers do not appreciate there employees. Some administrative assistants should be dedicated to there work area and no other area.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA9 August 2016
Not much to say about this company. Not good!
Some buildings have better people to work with than others. Women in upper management are always competing with the male managers. It's not a very fair company for people of color.
Decent company overall. Good ol boys club environment and work inefficiency gets old though
Electrical Enginner (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA1 July 2016
Decent place to work. Work life balance is up to the individual. People there are generally pretty nice. Occasionally you run in the "big fish in a small pond" person which is common in cities in the Midwest. Advancement isn't always the greatest because of the Good ol Boys Club mentality there. Management can be overbearing at times. There seems to be many extra layers of management which can get pretty inefficient when trying to accomplish simple things. Pays well however you earned it by dealing with a lot of fluff which can be stressful at times. This type of environment is common amount places that have government involvement. Regulation, paperwork galore! Overall it's still a good place to work.
Nice place to work with good opportunities
Senior Engineering Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FL1 December 2016
Working for this company is nice. There have cafeterias, events, socials, networks, and great expansion plans always in place. Not very many layoffs happen you are almost certain to stay here for 40 years.
Good benefits,people who care and it paid well.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA7 September 2016
Was able to continue learning all the processes that is required to build a circuit board before it is populated with components.
Management was good,do your job and they left you alone.
Pros
Paid holidays, free meals.
Cons
Short breaks
A Day In the Life At Rockwell Collins
Principal Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA5 September 2016
When I arrived at Rockwell Collins they had new management wanting new and fresh perspectives into it's sales force. For a company based in Cedar Rapids, IA, it was a moment open to attract not the best and brightest but talent which reflected its customer base. There was a big push on diversity and that is when I joined the company. It was a lot of fun to work the company in those days. As part of the national sales force we were hungry to take market share from our competitors. We stretched the boundaries of the company's decades old culture but sales and profits grew. Then they got a VP of Sales who reflected more the old culture and things changed. One by one guys like me left the company. I was one of the last of the group hired during the expansion period to go. Looking at the top leadership today it is reflected of those who grew up and advanced in their limited culture.
Pros
Pay Benefits
Cons
Lack of Diversity, Stale Company Culture
Good pay
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, IA23 October 2016
Good place to work but they layoff alot. Hard to get many years in, People are very easy to work with. Company has been around for many years and is very fare with employees, Yearly raises. Good 401k match program, Good work environment.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
layoff
Easy job with great pay
Project Contractor (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MD29 August 2016
A typical day would include traveling around the state of Maryland to a new MVA location everyday. Although the work was tedious, it was extremely easy and it's a great temporary job if you're in need of some good money.
Pros
Great pay, travel, easy money
Cons
tedious work
fai inspector
First Article Inspector- . Knowledge of AS9102 (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL1 June 2016
Rockwell Collins is a company who strives for change and adaptation, which creates an environment of inclusion and the ability to feel like part of a team. The focus on diversity and bringing uniqueness to the group makes Rockwell stand above its competition as "the place to work!" I had only been there a few years and have found it welcoming and an inviting place where my ideas are heard.
Good place to work - could be better
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA5 October 2016
The company is good to start your career. The ethics in the company is great value. The management is usually very motivating and supporting for career growth. The compensation is not par to the market place.
typical work
Lead CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA28 November 2016
Set-up, and operated CNC machinery for complex subsystems and components for aerospace, aircraft, and missile programs. Measured parts utilizing micrometers, height gages, dial indicators and go/no go gages among others.
Great company, but very business environment dependent
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL14 November 2016
This is a great company to work for. Very challenging yet enjoyable work. I was rescued in forced due to a bad business jet environment, so job security is lacking.