Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Large Company
Senior Procurement Agent - Lead (Former Employee), Portland, OR and Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2016
Pros: 9/80 work week
Large company made it difficult to get things done in a timely manner. I enjoyed my time with Rockwell. The people I worked with were fantastic.
Company is hanging on
Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee), Duluth, GAApril 15, 2016
This company has made too many cuts to save on expenses. They are working on getting more contracts but the cuts have put undue stress on the employees
Has potential to be a great place to work.
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Test Engineering (Current Employee), Tustin, CAApril 14, 2016
Unfortunately micro management and negative culture from Rockwell Collins' headquarters in Iowa creates a work environment that is counterproductive and difficult to work in.
moderate
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 7, 2016
Pros: 9/80 work schedule
Cons: contact
Ok, not much on the designside. manufacturing centric, lots of differnt bosses to report to. heavy chart generating. FAA paperwork
Very supportive team
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Richardson, TXApril 5, 2016
Great working conditions and supportive team. Management it's really helpful with ensuring that junior personnel succeeds.
Fantastic Place to Work
Sr. Engineering Project Assistant (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 29, 2016
Culture is hard to accept at times but overall great place to be!
Must be highly educated (Masters Degree to hold management position)
Happy There
Manager, FOS Technical Support (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 28, 2016
I was happy at Rockwell Collins and was disappointed to leave when I had to move away. I felt that most of the management valued my opinions. I appreciated the diversity of the organization very much.
Great place to work with great people to work with.
Internship (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2016
Learned people skills, network admin entry level skills. Some times work is slow and at other times hectic.IT department throws some great and fun get together.
Customer Account Specialist
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 25, 2016
Fast paced work environment,
Family oriented
very helpful coworkers and management to make sure succeed in position
Worked as a team
great place to work and learn
Test Operator (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMarch 24, 2016
Pros: the benefits over all
Cons: Don't really see any
A set pace, with a daily goal to reach everyday. A fun but professional atmosphere. Always an opportunity to learn and grow. Management always has an open door with good communication. The hardest part of my job I would have to say is nothing the processes that we have are made to make it a easy flowing as far as the build side maybe the part shortage from time to time but other than that the trouble shooting on the test side of things might get a little difficult at times as well. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say is the feeling that I am making a difference whether it be improving quality or the flow of a process but the sense of achievement you get especially when you hear live feed back from customers and upper management.
Enjoyable experience
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMarch 14, 2016
Pros: easy atmosphere
Cons: Not opening a position for full-time in this area
Quality Inspection Team is knowledgeable and professional. The area is tight but new ideas for more room are coming in daily. The 'ballooning' program for capturing the information required by the 3 forms of AS9102 is different from any I've previously worked with. However there are pros and cons there as well. The Manager of my area is as easy going as it gets. Runs a tight ship and therefore things get done, and done correctly. The 'team' could use a few hours of professional courtesy 101 but on the whole I've enjoyed the opportunity.
fun place to work,nice co-workers
Certified Operator (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 28, 2016
Pros: every other friday off
Cons: short break, health care
learning experience ,fun workplace,learn how to solder parts.very competitive manufacturing factory,learn how to read value.
Dynamic Team Adapting to Every Day Priorities
Product Manager/Program Manager (Former Employee), Tustin, CAFebruary 19, 2016
Pros: Exceptional benefits and compensation
Cons: Continued change in direct Leadership, introduced grey area of how to accomplish enterprise goals and meeting leaderships expectations
During my 17 years of service at Rockwell Collins, I am always an advocate for change is good, but for as often as they revolved my direct leadership was hindering our progress and guidance of company goals.
Engineering Project Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: Work life balane
Cons: A lot or reorganizations
This company really is great. They work hard to make sure their employees are appreciated. They have a good work life balance and the benefits are some of the best I have seen.
Typical Big Company
Customer Service Engineer/ Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: Shift work differential
Cons: no advancement and no proper training.
The Benefits were great, but the management and bureaucracy left things stagnant and feeling like things would never change for the better. In my position there wasn't much opportunity to advance as the leadership was very entrenched. The Hardest part of the job was answering phone calls with no support documentation and no one to even teach you how to troubleshoot the equipment. no manuals or if they were there they were very limited.
works with family needs
Assembly Operator (Current Employee), Decorah, IAFebruary 14, 2016
Pros: Good healthcare
Cons: Can't think of any/.
All around good place to work. Air conditioned, clean, friendly and works with family needs. Flex work times and vacation. Promotes worker participation and advise.
Review Summary
System Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 10, 2016
Give us your opinion about

a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part
Stable company
Principal Project Manager (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 9, 2016
Very good opportunity as younger employee with potential for growth and learning. Business leader in Avionics and Defense Aerospace.
Productive work place, encourages learning
Project Lead (Current Employee), Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: Flexibility, Learning, Fun
Cons: Human resources, management
My experience while working for Rockwell Collins (India) has been very good. You can learn a lot and improve your technical skills. There is an excellent work life balance. Salary is pretty much tied with your performance and sometimes your ability to impress your boss. It has decent job security compared to other firms. There are certain things that are painful but if work is important for you, you can probably live with them. Work and learning wise, it has a lot to offer than my previous companies.
Inventory Planner (Former Employee), Melbourne FLFebruary 5, 2016
Great place to work, I enjoyed my time there. Wish I was still there. I hope to find a place as nice to work at in the very near future
Headquarters