Rockwell Collins

Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for.
Senior Engineering Project Asst. (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 3, 2015
Rockwell is a great company with a fantastic reputation.

​Our Value Proposition for People is our overall strategy to achieve our "talented and motivated people" goal - a key component of the Rockwell Collins Vision Roadmap.
Four broad initiatives make up our Value Proposition for People:
Diversity & Inclusion - Values and respects differences in our workplace. We strive to recruit, retain and develop talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and builds a stronger company.
Talent Management - Integrates how we acquire, evaluate, reward and develop our people.
Leadership Development - Encourages and supports the development of more and more capable leaders. The programs and tools are tailored to meet the needs of individual contributors, entry-level, mid- and executive-level leaders.
Total Rewards - Provides us with competitive levels overall of compensation and benefits while focusing on elements of differentiation that are valued to attract, motivate and retain in the most cost-effective way.
Great employer ... not perfect, but really, really good
Principal Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: most stable and secure work environment i have seen (anywhere). good work / life balance.
Cons: dwindling benefits, lack of consistency from department to department, division to division.
I have worked for Rockwell Collins for most of my career. The only reason I do not rate them all "5"s is due to inconsistency in management style and employee performance expectations across the company. In all fairness, this is a problem with all large companies I hasve interfaced with throughout my career.

Bottom line: how many people do you know who have worked for the same employer for most of 30 years AND has very little bad to say about them? Give them a try!
Ok to work.
Certified copper infrastructure installer (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free gym, work enviroment ok
Cons: no or little pay raises. hard to advance
Has times when busy others slow. Management ok but willing to work with you. Co workers good to work with. Pulling cable thru ceilings trying to redo infrastructure
Team focused environment with many various task to help military complete their task.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), AfghanistanMarch 4, 2015
We worked in a fast paced environment where you would receive your trouble tickets in the morning and head out to complete your task for the day. Often we would have to help out other teams depending on what was going on that day pulling fiber and running them in manholes. Terminating both cooper and fiber as well as troubleshooting communications issues. The hardest part of the job was trying to accomplish your job and under the Afghanistan heat. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I was helping the military to continue with there mission as well as all the new people I was able to meet in the process.
Good Benefits, plenty of chances for advancement if you work in its core industry
Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 2, 2015
Good place to work. Management policies and IT technology a bit dated but that's changing. Bureaucracy can be a bit overwhelming but starting to see the culture shift toward being more nimble.
Great place to work to achieve long term professional goals
Quality Assurance Engineer (QA Engineer) (Former Employee), Mexicali, MexicoFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: it was not easy to maintain a family & job balance
I took a temporary Quality Engineer job where I learned a lot of quality engineering tools during a 4-month contract.
The training program is one of the best I have ever experienced and the co-workers were there always to help and achieve goals.
Day started regularly around 6AM and last until 4PM with a break lunch with lots of possibilities to get refreshed during the break.
Awesome Benefits, etc
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, work/life balance
Cons: culture, people stuck in their old ways
They pay, benefits and work/life balance at Rockwell are awesome. The only gripe I would have is with some of the older people there and the culture they sometimes represent. There can be a lot of resistance to change and people stuck in their ways that seems outdated.
Great career start and company
Cyber Security Engineer (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: not enough food in the breakroom...lol
I love them. Great benefits, great knowledge and amazing Work/Life balance. This company helped me leverage my current IT skills and allow me to become the best IT specialist possible.
Good People / Bad Culture
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Tustin, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: interesting, intelligent people, interesting projects
Cons: poor management structure and axioms
Lots of really good, intelligent people.
Poor management structure and axioms.
Poor PDM system and organizational workflow.
Rockwell collins
Admin (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 3, 2015
At Rockwell my main job was to open up all the parts and material that got ship in and give the to the recieving people to recieve the parts in the management there was good but they really didn't tell what's going on for your job I loved working with my co-workers.
Fast paced, engineering focused company with specialties in Avionics, Displays, Telecommunications and Radar technologies.
SR. SUPPLY CHAIN STRATEGY MANAGER (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: freedom to make decisions that would highly impact our end customers.
Cons: having to rely on so many different levels of sign offs before anything can happen.
A typical day consists of supplier relationship development, negotiations, analyzing data, scrubbing data. I currently co-lead an enterprise-wide project that is driving to improve material flow while reducing costs. I deal with people everyday in Quality, Logistics, Manufacturing, Procurement, Enterprise Sourcing and a handful of major suppliers in the mechanical commodity.
Great place to work and feel important
Sr. Engineering Project Assistant (Current Employee), Wilsonville, ORFebruary 2, 2015
I have always enjoyed my time working at Rockwell Collins. They have great benefits and are very accommodating to peoples hectic schedules.
Great job with less. Managers would quit after a fews months on the job. No stability at the Manager position.
Systems administrator/ Network Engineer (Former Employee), AfghanistanJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: childish co-workers
12 Hour days. Learned a lot about email protocol. Again Management was not the best. Co-workers were childish. Hardest part of the job was the 12 hour days...6 days a week. Enjoyable part of the job for me was going on-site, and interacting with the customers.
Productive and fun workplace with great co-workers
Systems Software Engineer (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 14, 2015
The environment is very laid back and fun to work in. Even when times are stressful everyone is willing to help out where they can to get the job done.
Complete facility, Everything needed for performing the work is available .
Application Engineer (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits & pay
Cons: unannounced visits from suppliers
Work with Design Engineers to match electrical connectors to the needs of their equipment. Maintain a library of electrical connector catalogs and specifications. Meet with suppliers to iron out problems. Review lab test results.

I learned about the various test methods used to verify performance requirements. I learned about the failure modes associated with environmental conditions and metal properties. I learned about electroplating as it relates to electrical conduction

Management & Co-workers were always helpful and cordial

The most difficult thing was determining the direct cause of a certain electrical failure.

Successfully solving problems was very enjoyable.
Productive and enjoyed working for this employer.
Sr. Project Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: advancement
A typical day at work was always busy and I learned a lot with this company. I enjoyed working with management and my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping other.
assembly overview
Contract Electro Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Duluth, GADecember 29, 2014
Pros: fast learner and work well with people
Cons: sad the job ended
Rockwell Collins was temp job for four months. My Daily job was to build cables, assemble kits,label the parts and cleaning the units. Working with co-workers was very helpful and I enjoyed working with my co-workers.The company had lots of overtime which I enjoyed doing.
friendly workplace with good australian culture
System Engineer (Former Employee), Sydney Airport, SydneyDecember 26, 2014
I gained a good knowledge on australian work culture. The hardest part of the job was the windows we got for deployment were narrow. the most enjoyable part was the work environment, my colleagues, the friendly environment made the work easy.
A productive and intresting work environment
Senior Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Tustin, CADecember 20, 2014
Worked and helped manage the Test Engineering Lab where I would do something different everyday. I learned what it takes to be given a product and what it takes to qualify and Test it to ensure the customer gets a working product. Some of the management seemed to be very nice or helpful. My co-workers were great to work with.
Awesome
Assembler Technician (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLDecember 17, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed working at the rock. Work environment smooth. Enjoyed working with hands. Working as a contract employee the transition to full time was not attainable at the time. Management team was supportive and kept employees well apprised of new guidelines or policy changes.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rockwell Collins

Forbes recently named Rockwell Collins to its 2015 America’s Best Employers list! Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the – Read more

Rockwell Collins Photos