Rockwell Collins

Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great job with less. Managers would quit after a fews months on the job. No stability at the Manager position.
Systems administrator/ Network Engineer (Former Employee), AfghanistanJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: childish co-workers
12 Hour days. Learned a lot about email protocol. Again Management was not the best. Co-workers were childish. Hardest part of the job was the 12 hour days...6 days a week. Enjoyable part of the job for me was going on-site, and interacting with the customers.
Productive and fun workplace with great co-workers
Systems Software Engineer (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 14, 2015
The environment is very laid back and fun to work in. Even when times are stressful everyone is willing to help out where they can to get the job done.
Complete facility, Everything needed for performing the work is available .
Application Engineer (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits & pay
Cons: unannounced visits from suppliers
Work with Design Engineers to match electrical connectors to the needs of their equipment. Maintain a library of electrical connector catalogs and specifications. Meet with suppliers to iron out problems. Review lab test results.

I learned about the various test methods used to verify performance requirements. I learned about the failure modes associated with environmental conditions and metal properties. I learned about electroplating as it relates to electrical conduction

Management & Co-workers were always helpful and cordial

The most difficult thing was determining the direct cause of a certain electrical failure.

Successfully solving problems was very enjoyable.
Productive and enjoyed working for this employer.
Sr. Project Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: advancement
A typical day at work was always busy and I learned a lot with this company. I enjoyed working with management and my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping other.
assembly overview
Contract Electro Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Duluth, GADecember 29, 2014
Pros: fast learner and work well with people
Cons: sad the job ended
Rockwell Collins was temp job for four months. My Daily job was to build cables, assemble kits,label the parts and cleaning the units. Working with co-workers was very helpful and I enjoyed working with my co-workers.The company had lots of overtime which I enjoyed doing.
friendly workplace with good australian culture
System Engineer (Former Employee), Sydney Airport, SydneyDecember 26, 2014
I gained a good knowledge on australian work culture. The hardest part of the job was the windows we got for deployment were narrow. the most enjoyable part was the work environment, my colleagues, the friendly environment made the work easy.
A productive and intresting work environment
Senior Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Tustin, CADecember 20, 2014
Worked and helped manage the Test Engineering Lab where I would do something different everyday. I learned what it takes to be given a product and what it takes to qualify and Test it to ensure the customer gets a working product. Some of the management seemed to be very nice or helpful. My co-workers were great to work with.
Awesome
Assembler Technician (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLDecember 17, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed working at the rock. Work environment smooth. Enjoyed working with hands. Working as a contract employee the transition to full time was not attainable at the time. Management team was supportive and kept employees well apprised of new guidelines or policy changes.
mnmnnm
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), cedar rapids iaDecember 14, 2014
nknknknncx cccccc ccccccccc cccccccc ccccccc c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c
Definitely good company to start with
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APDecember 6, 2014
It is definitely a good company to start with as I had joined as a fresher.
Opportunity to work on start-up projects.
Fair company
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 3, 2014
Fair company overall. Need to invest more in development of managers.
Relaxed Work Environment
Sr Software Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IANovember 19, 2014
Pros: relaxed work environment
Cons: documentation heavy, don't learn anything on increasing the skillset for software
Very relaxed work environment . Feels like working for a govt job . Good job for people who start career and to move on after 3-4 years.Nothing much to learn for software engineers.
Sr Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IANovember 18, 2014
Very challenging schedules, a lot of uncompensated overtime.
Great Company
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: open environment, open access to executive leadership
Cons: lack of opportunity for advancement, pay
Rockwell Collins is generally a great company. The typical environment is very collaborative and is open to anyone who wants to express their ideas.
no reccomendations
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee), Wilsonville, OregonOctober 28, 2014
Not the best work environment for anyone below management level, unless your in with the Boss or have high level degree
Sr Network Support Engineer (Current Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: limit project
Intense but rewarding at the end of the day.. Monthly, cook out regardless of bad or good results.
Large Corporation with great benefits
Sr. Engineering Project Assistant (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 11, 2014
There is no "typical" day at work. Each day is a new experience.
Good place to work, hard to advance if not in Iowa
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Tustin, CAOctober 7, 2014
This is a great place to work, but if you're not in Iowa its difficult to advance.
Comfortable environment
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: treated to team lunches often
* Typical work day was 8 hours
* Good management
* Good co-workers
* The most enjoyable part of the job was working on many different projects.
fun and diverse workplace
Electronic/ Mechanical/ Optical assembly (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CASeptember 29, 2014
A great place to work with many kind people. management was topnotch.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rockwell Collins

Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the design, production and support of innovative solutions for our customers in aerospace and – Read more

Rockwell Collins Photos