Rockwell Collins

Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
overall good place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Aviation and Aerospace) (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 22, 2015
Good work place with supportive team mates. Healthy work environment. Good work life balance. helps employees to grow personally as well
Goals to Support Vision
Sr.Net Developer (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 16, 2015
Rockwell Collins Operating System

The Operating System comprises the following key elements:

Rockwell Collins' Core Processes describe our value stream (the flow of products and solutions throughout their life cycles) and guide the creation of customer value
Life Cycle Value Stream Management and Shared Services Management enable the planning, monitoring and maturing of value creation across our value stream
Lean ElectronicsSM supports improvements in our processes and performance to ensure that we continually meet and exceed customer expectations
Quality and Compliance assures that we deliver work product that meets the expectations of our customers, approach problem solving as an opportunity, and adhere to the highest standards of industry, regulatory, customer and corporate expectations.
Great pay, hard work, multi-tasking is often the norm.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: None
Great pay worked their for 13 years. I have had three very rewarding jobs. A global company that is willing to relocate the talent to the right jobs.
Good pay
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 11, 2015
It is good place to work and enjoy. Fair onsite opportunities for short terms.It is good place to work and enjoy. Fair onsite opportunities for short terms.
Not a bad place to work.
Area Specialist (when I left) (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Tuition reimbursement, flexible hours, decent pay
Cons: Favoritism among certain management, poor policy decisions, forgetting that the employees make the company run.
Rockwell was a good experience for me. It gave me a lot in terms of experience, and knowledge. They paid for my school, which was nice. However, they've begun to make poor business decisions in my opinion.
Enjoyed meeting new people and others whom like to make a difference.
Engineering Project Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IowaAugust 3, 2015
Pros: stability and advancements
Cons: distance in parking lots
learning new names and products of the business. Opurtunities of training and growth within the company.

Enjoyed co-workers.

How to explode a part number and contact each individual part manufacturer to get chemical compounds. Enjoyed learning HazMat and other computer mainframe softwares.

Great company to work for!
No Job security in the UK
Supplier Relationship Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Image
Cons: Poor leadership
Great corporate image however the UK segment lacks finances and low sales forecasts

Constant changes within the matrix organisation
Engineers produce great products despite opposition from management
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 22, 2015
Hardest part of job is trying to deliver product despite constantly changing project requirements. Most enjoyable part of job is seeing your office building in the rear view mirror as you leave.
Great people and benefits.
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Cypress, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Company sponsored events, environment.
Cons: None
Great company to work for. Great benefits, people, management, work/life balance.

Learned about insurances, (life, medical, dental and vision, LTD, STD and AD&D). Policies
Good Company to Work for
Sr. Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 20, 2015
Very responsive to the direction that you want your career to go. The education reimbursement is great for increasing your knowledge.
Typical defense contractor.
Sr. Technical Writer (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Learned a lot about publication types.
Cons: Many tight deadlines.
I worked at Rockwell Collins for six years; one as a contractor and five as a full-time employee. I would have stayed until retirement if I had not been laid off.
Was a great company once
Highly Educated and Held Back (Current Employee), MidwestJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Small Town location
Cons: Promotability, Pay, Benefits, Corporate Culture
Rockwell Collins is backsliding as a "great place to work" and does not offer the diverse culture it purports.

Leadership is stuck in place- upper leadership is disconnected from the talent beneath it. Promotions are based on the "good ole boy" network mentality. Pandering abounds.

Females and people of color get passed over for promotions consistently- career opportunities are provided to predominately white middle aged men. When they lack that type of bench strength, they hire from the outside.

When career development opportunities are sought across subsidiaries or within newly acquired companies, cross functional development and movement is discouraged. Internal politics and corporate culture is acerbic.

Although the standard of living in Cedar Rapids and Iowa are better than average, Rockwell's pay and benefits are not keeping up with the world around it, which is driving the best talent out of the company.
good
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 10, 2015
I work in a test lab that tests everything the company makes. I get to see something new almost everytime I go into the lab.
Very old school work environment but professional
Undergraduate Technical Intern (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 9, 2015
Other than casual fridays where you can wear jeans, office work is very professional business attire (think khakis or slacks). The company seems to be kind of old school, but everyone is pleasant.
Good Organization to be in, if you had just started your career.
Principal Programmer (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJuly 9, 2015
Good Organization to be in, if you had just started your career. Team is collaborative, professional and work 'smart'.
Productive workplace
Undergraduate Intern Senior (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 7, 2015
Great place to work. Productive employees, friendly to work with. Plenty of constructive feedback offered. Would recommend to a friend.
Nice workplace
System Project Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 6, 2015
Good company to work with. Typical midwest employer. Company provide good career path. All employee are very friendly.
Rockwell Collins is an excellent employer.
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 6, 2015
Rockwell Collins is an excellent employer. I highly recommend Rockwell Collins as an Aerospace employer. I am very satisfied with my employment at Rockwell Collins.
Solid, but lacking in areas
Avionics Specialist III (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2015
Rockwell Collins was a good place to work and I enjoy what I do but sometimes upper management doesn't listen to our needs; little changes could go very far. We are supposed to work 40 hours a week, typically, but at the moment, it is at least 50+. I am in a position where I do not get paid to do what I do and it has been over a year. I have been there for almost 3 years and haven't gotten a proper performance review and the couple times I've asked for one have returned no results.
Very good place to work.
Systems-Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 5, 2015
Rockwell Collins is a very good place to work. I've worked here for 5 years and loved it. I got to work on several exciting projects and gained a lot of knowledge here. I will highly recommend it to anyone interested in the Avionics/Aerospace industry
Headquarters