Rockwell Automation

Rockwell Automation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive company
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Twinsburg, OHDecember 21, 2013
Pros: i only work threee days a week
Cons: i worked there for a year straight and did not get hired
Daily I would run a machine change work orders, fixed the machine if it would alarm and check the polarity on electronic circuit boards. I did learn that some of the equipment was used for atm machines. The management change while I worked there. My co-workers were very helpful if I needed help. The hardest part of the job was learning how to load the – more... machines. I enjoyed just learning something new. – less
Great place to grow as a professional
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), PRDecember 9, 2013
I had the opportunity to meet new cultures and grow as a professional. This work experience helped me to develop new skills as a professional.
Relaxed atmosphere
Data Quality Technician (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 3, 2013
Pros: large cafeteria available
Cons: temporary placement at time of employment
Enjoyed my supervisors and co-workers. Everyone worked well together as well as with other departments. Someone is always willing to help when you're stuck. I learned more actions in SAP and MS Access. Nothing was too difficult on the job, because there was always help available or resources. I really enjoyed the people here, made it more pleasant to – more... be at work. – less
Great place to work at
Electrical Draftsman (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 2, 2013
Pros: great lunch room. flexable work hours
Cons: very political
Huge company. Work was enjoyable, learned a lot about motor control centers.
Productive work place
Electrical Tester (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNNovember 17, 2013
Pros: cross trained in many areas.
Cons: the eden prairie, mn plant moved to mexico.
Fast paced. High use of temporary workers.

Production moved to Mexico.
Fun Wokplace
Sr. SAP Basis Consultant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 12, 2013
• Daily System Health Checks
• Daily ABAP DUMPS Analyzed
• Worked as a senior SAP BASIS Team member in project
All other negative reviews are spot on!
Stock, Associate Manufacturing, Cabs, Water Spider (Former Employee), Richland Center, WINovember 11, 2013
Pros: you make money
Cons: everything.
Jobs at Rockwell are "OK" but most of management kills that right off the bat. They are constantly changing rules and just looking for ways to get you in trouble. I don't know why they are always trying to fight against you. But they sure as hell won't work with you. Management will put on the "act" that they love it there, meanwhile they are looking – more... for a different job.

If you have a family or just simply want to have a life outside of work good luck if you get a job at Rockwell. They will work you 70hrs a week if they can. But most of the time only 57 and thats so they only have to give you one 15 minute break when you come in and work on Saturday or Sunday. Which you inevitably will do because they don't know how to schedule work load. So then in a month after working 6 days a week you will be asked to take a voluntary lay off.

Nobody ever knows what is going on with the product there. The engineers mess up stuff EVERY SINGLE DAY! Their computer system is a joke and they change prints all the time so nothing ever works right.

Little room for advancement. They almost always hire from outside anytime there is any management position open. Those new hires come in for 6 months and then leave. The turn over in supervisors at RC was absurd with 5 supervisors leaving in the last 12 months alone!

They Nit pick everything regardless of how good you do your job. They will then give you a bad review (regardless of how great you did) just so they don't have to pay you a yearly bonus, since that is now how they figure bonuses. They have a blatant disregard for safety on some big issues but they will be severe sticklers on others.

The job posting system is a joke and doesn't work. So many employees got wrote up for the smallest things so you couldn't move from the shift you were on and when it came time to post for jobs 3/4 of them couldn't post to where they WANTED to work so they got placed by the supervisor.

If you have an issue with management you are supposed to take it to HR. Who in turn will then tell the supervisor everything and "let them take care of it". – less
Productive, good ethnics
AOI Engineering (Current Employee), Mequon, WINovember 7, 2013
Pros: free lunchs
Good work enviroment, but no job security! Managers are less involved, but over all it's a good place to work!
Good company; low pay for the talent
Marketing and Sales Manager (Former Employee), Irwindale, CANovember 5, 2013
Pros: constant training for success and lots of autonomy
Cons: hard to advance and lower level employees don't advance easily
Good for learning sales methods and training. Strategic selling principles are regularly enforced and JIT.
Great Work Environment
Project Manager (Current Employee), minneapolisOctober 10, 2013
Pros: great colleagues, and willing to help
Cons: more opportunities
Great opportunity to learn new things. great co workers. decent salary, and work/home balance.
I enjoyed working at rockwell for 32 years
Auditor (Former Employee), Dublin, GAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: acknowledgment for work accomplishments
My workday would sometimes start at 6 with overtime. A normal day started at 8 A.M.I learned hoe to use files, blueprints, and reading of resistors and color codes. Management was nice. Supervisors was concerned about workers and work. Always had a good relationship with co workers. The hardest part of my job was getting use to handling bigger product, – more... but after getting use to it, all was well. Making friends with and working with the new comers. – less
Very nice people to work with and they had a great breakfast in the cafateria
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Twinsburg, OHSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: at the time i was there they had great healthcare
Cons: pushing people to choose between job and family, . making workers work long hard hours even with health issues.
Our day would start off with exercises and a mini meeting. Letting us know where we stood in the weeks goals.
When I first started working there the management was great, they had respect for the employees and mandatory overtime was not expected. After bringing in new management everything changed. Overtime was the norm working up to 7days a week and – more... 10 hours a day. On the floor no sitting, so made for hard working conditions.
Co-workers were great, most had been there for 20 to 30 years.
I learned with good management and good bosses people are willing to work any amount of time and days. – less
Nice bosses and co-workers
Wiring Technician (Former Employee), Ladysmith, WISeptember 27, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: long drive to the offices
Work on enclosers and app machines. build fuse blocks and handles for enclosers and lead team of 6 people and review part builds.
Productive workplace with career advancement opportunities
SALES (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 18, 2013
As a Sales Engineer, there is no standard typical day. Every day is different. Depending on the type of Sales Engineer that you are with Rockwell, your day is filled with customer relationship management meetings and distribution management meetings. Rockwell takes a personal interest in every one of their employees, assuring that career advancement – more... and growth is in their future. The hardest part of the job is the work life management. In sales, your performance is truly based upon how much effort you put into your career which could lead to long working hours. – less
Directors think they're gods...
Global Supplier Manager - Electronics (Current Employee), Twinsburg, OHSeptember 12, 2013
Advancement is by who you know, not what you know... Don't expect to be promoted if you do a great job and develop and implement new processes that save the company millions, because it's all about a Director's perception of you whether you will be promoted... If you have differing views than a Director, you're an immediate outcast... Beware.
Product & Project Marketing
Sr.Manager (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: motivation
Cons: modified hours
** Project & Product Marketing of Instrumentation & Control Systems (C&I),
** Design, Applications, Proposals &Estimation, System configuration.
** P&I Diagrams, SLD diagrams, Control logic philosophy, Specifications.
** Pre Bid meeting, Technical evolutions, Techno-Commercials, Tendering.
**Offers on Turnkey Basis: Power, Cement, Sugar, Steel, Oil – more... & Gas,Water, Infra-C&I.
** Kick of meetings, Execution support, Project co-ordination & management.
** Drawing approvals & Evolutions, Layout, Cabling .
** Presentations, Seminars, Exhibitions
** Branch Administration, Vendor development, Business Development – less
Nice Envirnoment
Material Handler (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 4, 2013
Nice Envirnoment. Very friendly people. Good warehouse atmosphere
Excellent organization
Project Manager Global Sales (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PA and Milwaukee WISeptember 4, 2013
Software sales professional for a hardware company was a challenging task. My day was spent focused on Pharmaceutical manufacturing sites in NY, NJ, PA and NC and occasionally traveling to Europe for sales calls.
Nice people around
Firmware Engineer Intern (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNAugust 27, 2013
Good learn opportunity, nice people around, potential company
Raise money for people in need, for cancer, and for food
Associate Manufacturer (Former Employee), Richland Center, WIAugust 26, 2013
Pros: pay for a small town was good, employees were friendly
Cons: often times management would go against anything that the worker wanted
While working for Rockwell I really enjoyed the work, and people were great to be around!! Everyday I would take inventory of my tools, and after that I would use air guns to place all components in the correct location according to what the customer wants. Next I would wire the unit according to wiring diagram, very customer specific. Once you were – more... complete with that you would need to check the unit over for wire strands, pinched wires, and several other print to check over to make sure you built it perfect. If not done right it could really hurt some one, and often the unit would take 2-3 hours some even a couple days. I also spent time painting around building,and six months in stock getting parts ready for assembler. – less

About Rockwell Automation

Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the – Read more

Rockwell Automation Photos