Rockwell Automation

Rockwell Automation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good, clean place to work. Great group of employees to work with.
Assembler (Former Employee), Sumner, IAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: great healthcare and other benefits.
Worked with a team of workers on an assembly line working 8-10 hours per day Monday through Friday. Worked some Saturdays during the busy times and once in a while a Sunday. Saturday and Sundays were usually a 6 hour workday. The line that I worked on was working with a great team. The management was good to work with also. The most enjoyable part of – more... the job was the people that I worked with. The hardest part was when the announcement was made that the Sumner plant would be closing. – less
Inside Sales is the Red-Headed Step-Child
Insides Sales Representative (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 7, 2013
Pros: not much
Cons: everything
Don't get expected to be promoted in this company. They find everyone from somewhere else. The HR Department is full of females on a power trip. Coworkers have that "certain" personality that will grate on you nerves after the first day. Good Luck at this company!
Very focussed and ethical company. I worked 100% on customer site and so relationships with other Rockwell staff tended to be mostly professional.
Asset Management Professional (Former Employee), Cwmbran (customer site)July 17, 2013
Pros: varied and flexible role with no direct management standing over you.
Cons: customer expectation that you are always available, even out of hours.
Based at customer site, I was the focus of customer's various demands and requests for help with managing equipment repairs, MRO and projects.

Learned about some of Rockwell Automation products, but also how a sales related role differs from purely a maintenance role. Remaining customer focussed continuously through the working day and out of hours.

Direct – more... management was remote from my position and so was mostly by e-mail & telephone.

Co-workers were engineers in simlar role at other customer sites, or back-office staff that processed orders & invoicing. Relationships were always very good, everyone always willing to help each other whenever it was requested. Did meet most of these people at head office quarterly meetings.

The hardest part of the job was providing solutions that proved to be a hard cost saving to customer needs, which was the main reason for the contract.
The most enjoyable part was getting positive feedback from customer management on providing a cost effective or timely solution when customer was in need. – less
Stressful and Rough on body
Assembler (Former Employee), Twinsburg, ohioJune 27, 2013
The management was not kind to their employees. Working assembly I would get my fingers cut up from units and the constant lifting and bad height of benches made my body hurt bad everyday. Short lunch and breaks. Had to walk long distance to just get outside.
CSM FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER AND PROJECT MANAGER.
CSM Field Engineer and Project Manager (Former Employee), Vigo, GAJune 19, 2013
WORKING AS EMBEDDED PROJECT MANAGER IN PSA – Vigo (Spain).
- Co-ordinations and develop of body shop installations.
- Improve standards and safety security in body shop installations.
- Teams and partners co-ordinations and management (electrical and robots).
- Negotiation with partners (nationals and internationals).
- Works in a team including PSA – more... and other international partners in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience and perspective to the body shop and final assembly installations. – less
Great Company
Director - Supply Chain Planning (Current Employee), MilwaukeeJune 12, 2013
Pros: great overall
-Great Company with excellent benefits
-Really care about employee development
-Good business strategy
Process oriented engineering company with strong culture & values
Project Leader (Former Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHJune 10, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Overall, a very pleasant company to work for. Some limitations if you do not have an engineering background.
good workplace with ping pong tables
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 3, 2013
Learned a lot here, good working experience. management is good and supportive as long as the job gets done on time. Friendly workplace.
Hardest part when started need some more guidance from people around on how and what to do stuff.
most enjoyable part is the ping pong.
Productive, alot if heart and detication goes into the work
Board Tester Technician (Current Employee), Richland Center, WIJune 3, 2013
Pros: good pay, ok benifites, they seem to offer a decent amount of vacation. which you need to keep your sanity
Cons: i guess my biggest issue is, there is a major disconnect between management and shifts now
It is a decent enough place to work. It use to be a great place... But it seems like with the new management, there is more of a punishment mentality rather then a reward mentality. So lately it is nose to the grind stone or you loose your nose... figuratively speaking of course.
People oriented.
Sales Engineer Intern (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 31, 2013
I am currently completing my second internship with Rockwell Automation and I love it. I am able to utilize both my technical and interpersonal skills in the same position. RA really takes care of their employees as well!
Great place to start
Research & Development Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Mequon, WIMay 30, 2013
Rockwell is a great place to start. The company invests a lot of money in training and compensation. There is a big gulf between employees and contractors, and the company definitely use that to its advantage. Pay is ok (depending on assignment), but there is little to no stability in working as a contractor. Don't expect to be hired in either
Strong CEO and Corp. Management Team
Field Support (Current Employee), Burr Ridge, ILMay 29, 2013
Great company to work for as long as you are willing to re-locate every few years. if you have a family with strong roots in your current living area, you will not be able to advance quickly, or at all.
Productive and fun work environment with engineers
INTERN, ENGRG (Former Employee), 1 Allen Bradley Dr. Mayfield Heights, OH 44124May 23, 2013
Rockwell Automation was a great learning experience. Developing all critical skills for the real world. The environment was safe, friendly and fun but also productive. This company tested my leadership skills as well as my organizational skills while working on top computer software used in the engineering field today.
Co workers were very nice and respectful.
Cable Assembler (Former Employee), Twinsburg, OHMay 22, 2013
Pros: we would get pizza
Cons: lousy health benefits
My supervisor had no knowledge of what was required for the department. He didn't know the panelview boards IT control numbers nor how to build them.
Rockwell Automation
Customer Support Representative After Hours (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHMay 16, 2013
Pros: great company culture
Cons: working on the holidays
In the after hours department of customer support a great team work ethic. Good people to work with management supports there teams very well. Great place to work. Only down part is that we had to work Holidays. But company culture is great at Rockwell Automation
If you're not moving up, you're moving out
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 16, 2013
Great company if you have the right political connections to move up. If you don't have that, you won't have a long career.
ASST. HR / SAFETY MANAGER- Athens (Former Employee), Athens, GAMay 14, 2013
Pros: being an employee advocate/mediator
Cons: manufacturing environment (dirty, unhealthy)
The position was very fulfilling because of the ability to assist the hourly employees. It was fun getting up and going to work everyday. On most days, I spent the majority of my time on the plant floor investigating claims, speaking with employees, working on the line, etc.
Average Company
Associate Manufacturer (Current Employee), Richland Center, WIMay 13, 2013
Pros: pay is good
Cons: constant changes and keep up with rules
Learned how to read schematics and wire and identify electrical components.

Management has over turned several time in the past few years. Constant changes in employee handbook and rules. Just want to go to work and do my job. Yes making changes for the good is fine. But have gone full circle in some areas and are back to square one in some cases. – more... Have to wonder about job security and how long a company can keep that up. What goes today, may not go tomorrow.

Enjoy the work and my co workers. Can do without the drama – less
Excellent employer with wonderful management team.
Executive Assistant to the General Counsel (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 13, 2013
Pros: dynamic company; great people.
Rockwell Automation's corporate culture and senior management encourage work/life balance, individual professional growth and they do an excellent job supporting employees on a successful career paths.
Great Company
Director of IT Security, Controls and Quality (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 3, 2013
Pros: management, products
Cons: work life balance
Great company with great products that makes a difference for people life.

About Rockwell Automation

Rockwell Automation, Inc. (Rockwell Automation) is a global provider of industrial automation power, control and information solutions. – Read more

Rockwell Automation Photos