Rockwell Automation Employee Reviews

enjoyable experinences
Continuous Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 February 2015
Excellent, people are friendly. great place start up. very fast pace environment. Much interested in going back to same location.
Great Place for Engineers
Control Systems Engineer - Controls & Automation (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC22 December 2014
Rockwell has a great working environment for professionals. Ample opportunities for growth and challenges. Recognizes and rewards employees for their efforts. Involved in projects- FEED to commissioning (hardware & software)
Excellent Team to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton17 November 2014
The company is excellent. I can't say that enough - being a part of their team is being a part of a 110 year old culture. This company really focuses on your needs as an employee and allows you to grow in whatever direction you wish. Most of their leadership started out within the company and built on their skills through mentoring programs that are a mandatory part of daily life.

I was thrilled to be an employee and hope that my future endeavors take me to similar companies.
Pros
Room for growth individually
Cons
Backfilling Positions
Great company to work for
Global Product Manager for IEC MV MCC (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Ontario19 October 2014
Nice company to work for, nice work environment. The office look is stuck in late 70s early 80s. Very nice people to work with, very professional, good technical knowledge to share.
Pros
Very ethical, professional, challenging company
Cons
Structured, rigid work procedures
Little job security
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 September 2014
This Company is determinedly focused on the bottom line. They do not hesitate to terminate employees if their margin wavers.
Fabulous atmosphere, wonderful learning experiences
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC3 September 2014
As receptionist I answered and directed all calls and visitors. I handled the couriers and the mailpersons. All the staff are friendly and approachable. Along with hard work, there was a lot of fun! I was a team member and valued as a family member would be! Rockwell is without a doubt, the best place I've ever worked!
Pros
Occasional free lunch, lots of fun and great co-workers.
Cons
They only have contract positions.
A great place with good heart
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 August 2014
In any typical day I would consult with subject matter experts to update existing documentation or undertake the conversion of legacy projects to FrameMaker. My co-worker was knowledgeable, organized, and impressed me with his willingness to going above and beyond to get the facts. Management was sensible and understood the scope of what we were doing and the time it would take to get it right. My principal reason for leaving was simply that the commute was very long and expensive for me. I had no issues with the place itself or the nature of the work, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Not feasible to work remotely in my department
Competitive
Production Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 June 2014
Fast paced work environment.
Highly stressful
Efficiently developed operations
Great corporate culture
Purchasing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 June 2014
It's a shame that they only seem to hire contracts and not permanent.
Rockwell offered a good work environment and challenging projects
Senior Control Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2014
Projects included a wide variety of site based assignments. Rockwell had ongoing training opportunities. Much of the work was challenging requiring innovative solutions to complex interface problems. Management was a good sounding board and offered insights into problem solving.
Pros
Good Workplace and excellent co-workers
Cons
As I did only site work there were long intervals between assiginments
Nice People.
Manufacturing Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 April 2014
It was a pleasure working and learning with everyone at Rockwell
Rockwell Automation: its difficult to become a perminent employee, but they're good people
Finally Assembly (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 February 2014
I come in and assess what needs to be done. How far along each job is, What the priority jobs are. Then I check engineering revisions, what parts don't match up or simply are not there.
After preliminary evaluation I get to work. Key thing is efficiency, set time goals, while still attempting to safely complete the job.

If I encountered problems then management was always there, I assumed nothing. Working with medium voltage means that if you make mistakes people get hurt or die. I asked even the simplest questions because I needed to be right the first time, every time.

Sometimes they asked the impossible, and with the help of other skilled laborers we made it happen.

I was laid off due to lack of work available, but I was always treated with the dignity and respect of my qualifications. I hold no resentment, no ill will. They were a valuable learning experience and I respect them.
Great atmosphere
Y2K Programmer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Ontario29 October 2013
The best thing about Rockwell is that they treated contract employees like salaried. Always got a free turkey at Christmas. Too bad the IT staff is now completed outsourced.
Very friendly environment
CNC Shear Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 October 2013
Very relaxed work environment with helpful people. Safety is at the for front of the business. Constant safe work practices.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No job security ( part time work)
Very good place to work
Manufacturing Administrative Assistant/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 June 2013
I enjoyed work for this company and given the chance I would like to go back, I was on contract and was laid off. I enjoyed work with my co-workers and I like the afternoon shift that I worked. I like doing the assembly work and the evening went very quickly.
little room for growth
Electrical Tech/ Inspection engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 April 2013
Great working environment, decent wages; however very poorly run and there is little to no room for growth.
Pros
afternoon shift works 4 10's
Cons
many
better than most
general laborer (Former Employee) –  cambridge6 November 2012
hardest part was being a temp, and fitting in with the older crowd
Pros
good money, clean
Cons
temp/contract
Hypocritical company that doesn't care about anything but profits
Management (Former Employee) –  Canada30 October 2012
After working for this company for some time, I realized that RA states it is one of the most ethical companies in the world but that is one huge lie.
After being in management with this company, I saw the seedy underbelly of what RA is. They do not care about the employees (especially contract workers) and are very sneeky when laying off workers. If you show any sort "thinking outside the box", it is looked down upon and quickly shelved since it was not thought of by upper management.
This company has made me realize what type of corpoartion not to work for.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
if you have any kind of drive, this company will squash it
No commet
Paint Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 October 2012
They need to revanp their hiring process.
no commit
no commit
good
getting hired
leaving
Pros
4 days a week
Cons
now not sure when we will work again
Busy but fun environment. there's a tennis court and showers for those who. want some Workout before or after work!
Startup Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 September 2012
it was a great experience to work there. People will stop at whatever they were doing to help answer my questions or solve an issue I was working on. Its a busy environment but its fun at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwell Automation. Our community is ready to answer.

Rockwell Automation Reviews by Location