Rockwell Automation Employee Reviews

High tech workplace
Electrical Technologist C.E.T (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2016
Integrated systems for process manufacturing. Brands include Allen-Bradley, Reliance Electric and Rockwell Software.
Pros
Free lunches
Manufacturing Engineering Specialist
Manufacturing Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 May 2016
Excellent place to work at which offers personal growth and loads of learning. Co-workers were amazingly helpful.
Typical work day:
Attend various meetings, e.g. MRB, FMEA, Safety Rails, project meetings.
Work on different project.
Investigate new technologies to make work better and efficient.
Pros
An excellent and friendly environment.
Engineering Designer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 February 2016
Very fair and healthy environment, great management. A lot of very good quality people, team work, support and sharing of knowledge between co-workers.
Job security is a big factor with more layoffs to come
Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 January 2016
Rockwell Automation at one time (not in the last two years) only hired through a Temp Agency. It took many people two or more years to make it a fulltime permanent position. Once fulltime has been achieved, the previous temp time is not included in seniority. with so many other people having been there for a number of years (when people were hired within three months), there is a big gap in seniority when it comes to layoffs. I am a good example of this senairio. I've spent the last 10+ years At Rockwell and we are soon to be hit with a third round of layoffs and I'm next unfortunatley
Busy n fun
Contract Worker at Rockwell (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 May 2016
Great group of people in the area I was in.
Contract was hard to get off of. They had tests when positions came up. Favoured team members got them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Favortism
Rockwell Automation
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 August 2015
Rockwell is a decent place to work at. Benefits are decent. I began working as an assembler in 2005, over time, i have worked my way up to Manufacturing Engineer.

There is a certain amount of politics present, but overall, it is a decent place to work at.
Fun group of people to work with
account manager (Former Employee) –  Canada13 January 2016
RA is driven by the bottom $ only they do not look ahead they will layoff just to make the number, Was there for 2 years and during that time 3 layoff regardless of the time you were with the company
if you were part of the buddy system you survive. They have a major chip on their shoulder we are RA and people will buy us anyway, this is not a good attitude for the customer.
A lot of people are making time just to get their point to retire
Pros
Cons
Company has no vision of the real world
Good company to work at. Salary/Pay structure can be improved
Account Manager: End User (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2015
Very good company to work at. Rockwell trains you well and culture is very inclusive. However, salary structure can be improved since they do not pay very well.
Pros
Very ethical and trains you well
Cons
salary
Worked with a group of professionals
Materials Co-op P&IC (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 May 2015
Rockwell Automation is a very professional company with a group of talented employees.

I Ran critical projects for supply chain management by organizing and interrupting business data.
I Worked closely with management team to identify critical continuous improvement projects to drive process efficiency.
I was Exposed to manufacturing environment, involved in production and inventory control analysis. Developed and automated various reports; test various software in SAP automation; confirm purchase orders; inspect purchase/sales orders and excessed materials.

The hardest part of the job is to learn the job, and the most enjoyable part is when you are familiar with your task, everything is easy.
Pros
high efficiency
Cons
Managers are too busy to listen to your work
Excellent Team to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton17 November 2014
The company is excellent. I can't say that enough - being a part of their team is being a part of a 110 year old culture. This company really focuses on your needs as an employee and allows you to grow in whatever direction you wish. Most of their leadership started out within the company and built on their skills through mentoring programs that are a mandatory part of daily life.

I was thrilled to be an employee and hope that my future endeavors take me to similar companies.
Pros
Room for growth individually
Cons
Backfilling Positions
A great place with good heart
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 August 2014
In any typical day I would consult with subject matter experts to update existing documentation or undertake the conversion of legacy projects to FrameMaker. My co-worker was knowledgeable, organized, and impressed me with his willingness to going above and beyond to get the facts. Management was sensible and understood the scope of what we were doing and the time it would take to get it right. My principal reason for leaving was simply that the commute was very long and expensive for me. I had no issues with the place itself or the nature of the work, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Not feasible to work remotely in my department
Rockwell Automation: its difficult to become a perminent employee, but they're good people
Finally Assembly (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 February 2014
I come in and assess what needs to be done. How far along each job is, What the priority jobs are. Then I check engineering revisions, what parts don't match up or simply are not there.
After preliminary evaluation I get to work. Key thing is efficiency, set time goals, while still attempting to safely complete the job.

If I encountered problems then management was always there, I assumed nothing. Working with medium voltage means that if you make mistakes people get hurt or die. I asked even the simplest questions because I needed to be right the first time, every time.

Sometimes they asked the impossible, and with the help of other skilled laborers we made it happen.

I was laid off due to lack of work available, but I was always treated with the dignity and respect of my qualifications. I hold no resentment, no ill will. They were a valuable learning experience and I respect them.
Hypocritical company that doesn't care about anything but profits
Management (Former Employee) –  Canada30 October 2012
After working for this company for some time, I realized that RA states it is one of the most ethical companies in the world but that is one huge lie.
After being in management with this company, I saw the seedy underbelly of what RA is. They do not care about the employees (especially contract workers) and are very sneeky when laying off workers. If you show any sort "thinking outside the box", it is looked down upon and quickly shelved since it was not thought of by upper management.
This company has made me realize what type of corpoartion not to work for.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
if you have any kind of drive, this company will squash it
Manufacturing Engineering Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 December 2015
great people, great work environment. process to get things done is slower but very process oriented. working for Rockwell will surely improve your lean manufacturing knowledge
Cons
Good place to work facility is A/C so very comfortable in Summer.
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 September 2015
Good people that we work with, machinery is very difficult and challenging to work on and keeps your mind going.
Lots of computer work that goes with signing and answering calls on computer. Network is very slow and takes to much time to do your work.
Over all good place to go to work.
Pros
4 day's a week, Friday's off.
Cons
10.5 hour day's, don't see family.
Rockwell Automation Summary
Enhancement and Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 August 2015
In my role at Rockwell Automation I have been an Enhancement and Test Engineer for several projects. I have excellent organizational and coordinating skills and enjoy managing all aspects of a project, from designing, drawing circuitry, to troubleshooting, conducting quality assurance and reporting.

Loved working in an excellent friendly environment. Attended various exciting trainings. Learned how to work with medium voltage and performed various product qualifying tests such as BIL,Heatrun and Korona testing.
Treats employees well
Electrical/mechanical inspector (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 July 2012
Great benefits. Good people to work with. Management needs to listen to hourly employees more
Rockwell offered a good work environment and challenging projects
Senior Control Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2014
Projects included a wide variety of site based assignments. Rockwell had ongoing training opportunities. Much of the work was challenging requiring innovative solutions to complex interface problems. Management was a good sounding board and offered insights into problem solving.
Pros
Good Workplace and excellent co-workers
Cons
As I did only site work there were long intervals between assiginments
Good challenging employment.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON3 July 2012
A typical day at work for Rockwell Automation included building large electrical drive cabinets. I am very happy about learning to read blue prints and build the drive cabinets accordingly. I worked with a great hard working team and at the end of the day I really feel like I accomplished something. Unfortunately I was only there for a six month contract and I feel that management didn't fully appreciate the efforts of all the contract workers.
Rockwell Automation was an engaging and enlightening place to further my career.
Senior Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.27 February 2012
Rockwell Automation was an engaging and enlightening place to further my career as a Mechanical Design Technologist. I found many opportunities to work on leading edge projects, learn about new technology and participate in the product development process.
Pros
good reward and recocognition for accomplishments.
Cons
high pressured at times.

Rockwell Automation Reviews by Location