Rockwell Automation

Rockwell Automation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fabulous atmosphere, wonderful learning experiences
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Delta, BCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch, lots of fun and great co-workers.
Cons: they only have contract positions.
As receptionist I answered and directed all calls and visitors. I handled the couriers and the mailpersons. All the staff are friendly and approachable. Along with hard work, there was a lot of fun! I was a team member and valued as a family member would be! Rockwell is without a doubt, the best place I've ever worked!
A great place with good heart
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: not feasible to work remotely in my department
In any typical day I would consult with subject matter experts to update existing documentation or undertake the conversion of legacy projects to FrameMaker. My co-worker was knowledgeable, organized, and impressed me with his willingness to going above and beyond to get the facts. Management was sensible and understood the scope of what we were doing – more... and the time it would take to get it right. My principal reason for leaving was simply that the commute was very long and expensive for me. I had no issues with the place itself or the nature of the work, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. – less
Competitive
Production Control Analyst (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 28, 2014
Fast paced work environment.
Highly stressful
Efficiently developed operations
Great corporate culture
Purchasing Administrator (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 5, 2014
It's a shame that they only seem to hire contracts and not permanent.
Rockwell offered a good work environment and challenging projects
Senior Control Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: good workplace and excellent co-workers
Cons: as i did only site work there were long intervals between assiginments
Projects included a wide variety of site based assignments. Rockwell had ongoing training opportunities. Much of the work was challenging requiring innovative solutions to complex interface problems. Management was a good sounding board and offered insights into problem solving.
Nice People.
Manufacturing Engineering Student (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 8, 2014
It was a pleasure working and learning with everyone at Rockwell
Rockwell Automation: its difficult to become a perminent employee, but they're good people
Finally Assembly (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 11, 2014
I come in and assess what needs to be done. How far along each job is, What the priority jobs are. Then I check engineering revisions, what parts don't match up or simply are not there.
After preliminary evaluation I get to work. Key thing is efficiency, set time goals, while still attempting to safely complete the job.

If I encountered problems then – more... management was always there, I assumed nothing. Working with medium voltage means that if you make mistakes people get hurt or die. I asked even the simplest questions because I needed to be right the first time, every time.

Sometimes they asked the impossible, and with the help of other skilled laborers we made it happen.

I was laid off due to lack of work available, but I was always treated with the dignity and respect of my qualifications. I hold no resentment, no ill will. They were a valuable learning experience and I respect them. – less
Great atmosphere
Y2K Programmer (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioOctober 29, 2013
The best thing about Rockwell is that they treated contract employees like salaried. Always got a free turkey at Christmas. Too bad the IT staff is now completed outsourced.
Very friendly environment
CNC Shear Operator (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 19, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: no job security ( part time work)
Very relaxed work environment with helpful people. Safety is at the for front of the business. Constant safe work practices.
Very good place to work
Manufacturing Administrative Assistant/Assembler (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 23, 2013
I enjoyed work for this company and given the chance I would like to go back, I was on contract and was laid off. I enjoyed work with my co-workers and I like the afternoon shift that I worked. I like doing the assembly work and the evening went very quickly.
little room for growth
Electrical Tech/ Inspection engineer (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 10, 2013
Pros: afternoon shift works 4 10's
Cons: many
Great working environment, decent wages; however very poorly run and there is little to no room for growth.
better than most
general laborer (Former Employee), cambridgeNovember 6, 2012
Pros: good money, clean
Cons: temp/contract
hardest part was being a temp, and fitting in with the older crowd
Hypocritical company that doesn't care about anything but profits
Management (Former Employee), CanadaOctober 30, 2012
Pros: decent pay
Cons: if you have any kind of drive, this company will squash it
After working for this company for some time, I realized that RA states it is one of the most ethical companies in the world but that is one huge lie.
After being in management with this company, I saw the seedy underbelly of what RA is. They do not care about the employees (especially contract workers) and are very sneeky when laying off workers. If – more... you show any sort "thinking outside the box", it is looked down upon and quickly shelved since it was not thought of by upper management.
This company has made me realize what type of corpoartion not to work for. – less
No commet
Paint Line Operator (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 13, 2012
Pros: 4 days a week
Cons: now not sure when we will work again
They need to revanp their hiring process.
no commit
no commit
good
getting hired
leaving
Busy but fun environment. there's a tennis court and showers for those who. want some Workout before or after work!
Startup Project Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONSeptember 22, 2012
it was a great experience to work there. People will stop at whatever they were doing to help answer my questions or solve an issue I was working on. Its a busy environment but its fun at the same time.
Treats employees well
Electrical/mechanical inspector (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 30, 2012
Great benefits. Good people to work with. Management needs to listen to hourly employees more
Good challenging employment.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 3, 2012
A typical day at work for Rockwell Automation included building large electrical drive cabinets. I am very happy about learning to read blue prints and build the drive cabinets accordingly. I worked with a great hard working team and at the end of the day I really feel like I accomplished something. Unfortunately I was only there for a six month contract – more... and I feel that management didn't fully appreciate the efforts of all the contract workers. – less
Good place; lots to learn
External Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, OnJuly 2, 2012
Pros: hours 8-4
Cons: work long hours if needed for last minute requests
Booking flights; running & exporting Excel reports; using lotus notes email; looking after building maintenance workers; fulfilling sales representatives requests
Good working environment. Good ethics and team environment.
temp (Former Employee), Delta, BCMay 27, 2012
Pros: free lunches sometimes.
Good. Enjoyed working because of friendly and helpful staff.
Rockwell Automation was an engaging and enlightening place to further my career.
Senior Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.February 27, 2012
Pros: good reward and recocognition for accomplishments.
Cons: high pressured at times.
Rockwell Automation was an engaging and enlightening place to further my career as a Mechanical Design Technologist. I found many opportunities to work on leading edge projects, learn about new technology and participate in the product development process.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rockwell Automation

Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the – Read more

Rockwell Automation Photos