Rockwell Automation

Rockwell Automation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Rockwell Automation Summary
Enhancement and Test Engineer (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 9, 2015
In my role at Rockwell Automation I have been an Enhancement and Test Engineer for several projects. I have excellent organizational and coordinating skills and enjoy managing all aspects of a project, from designing, drawing circuitry, to troubleshooting, conducting quality assurance and reporting.

Loved working in an excellent friendly environment. Attended various exciting trainings. Learned how to work with medium voltage and performed various product qualifying tests such as BIL,Heatrun and Korona testing.
Good company to work at. Salary/Pay structure can be improved
Account Manager: End User (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Very ethical and trains you well
Cons: salary
Very good company to work at. Rockwell trains you well and culture is very inclusive. However, salary structure can be improved since they do not pay very well.
Worked with a group of professionals
Materials Co-op P&IC (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 8, 2015
Pros: high efficiency
Cons: Managers are too busy to listen to your work
Rockwell Automation is a very professional company with a group of talented employees.

I Ran critical projects for supply chain management by organizing and interrupting business data.
I Worked closely with management team to identify critical continuous improvement projects to drive process efficiency.
I was Exposed to manufacturing environment, involved in production and inventory control analysis. Developed and automated various reports; test various software in SAP automation; confirm purchase orders; inspect purchase/sales orders and excessed materials.

The hardest part of the job is to learn the job, and the most enjoyable part is when you are familiar with your task, everything is easy.
enjoyable experinences
Continuous Improvement Intern (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Excellent, people are friendly. great place start up. very fast pace environment. Much interested in going back to same location.
Great Place for Engineers
Control Systems Engineer - Controls & Automation (Current Employee), Delta, BCDecember 22, 2014
Rockwell has a great working environment for professionals. Ample opportunities for growth and challenges. Recognizes and rewards employees for their efforts. Involved in projects- FEED to commissioning (hardware & software)
Excellent Team to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee), BramptonNovember 17, 2014
Pros: room for growth individually
Cons: backfilling positions
The company is excellent. I can't say that enough - being a part of their team is being a part of a 110 year old culture. This company really focuses on your needs as an employee and allows you to grow in whatever direction you wish. Most of their leadership started out within the company and built on their skills through mentoring programs that are a mandatory part of daily life.

I was thrilled to be an employee and hope that my future endeavors take me to similar companies.
Great company to work for
Global Product Manager for IEC MV MCC (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioOctober 19, 2014
Pros: very ethical, professional, challenging company
Cons: structured, rigid work procedures
Nice company to work for, nice work environment. The office look is stuck in late 70s early 80s. Very nice people to work with, very professional, good technical knowledge to share.
Little job security
Project Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONSeptember 10, 2014
This Company is determinedly focused on the bottom line. They do not hesitate to terminate employees if their margin wavers.
Fabulous atmosphere, wonderful learning experiences
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Delta, BCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch, lots of fun and great co-workers.
Cons: they only have contract positions.
As receptionist I answered and directed all calls and visitors. I handled the couriers and the mailpersons. All the staff are friendly and approachable. Along with hard work, there was a lot of fun! I was a team member and valued as a family member would be! Rockwell is without a doubt, the best place I've ever worked!
A great place with good heart
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: not feasible to work remotely in my department
In any typical day I would consult with subject matter experts to update existing documentation or undertake the conversion of legacy projects to FrameMaker. My co-worker was knowledgeable, organized, and impressed me with his willingness to going above and beyond to get the facts. Management was sensible and understood the scope of what we were doing and the time it would take to get it right. My principal reason for leaving was simply that the commute was very long and expensive for me. I had no issues with the place itself or the nature of the work, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
Competitive
Production Control Analyst (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 28, 2014
Fast paced work environment.
Highly stressful
Efficiently developed operations
Great corporate culture
Purchasing Administrator (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 5, 2014
It's a shame that they only seem to hire contracts and not permanent.
Rockwell offered a good work environment and challenging projects
Senior Control Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: good workplace and excellent co-workers
Cons: as i did only site work there were long intervals between assiginments
Projects included a wide variety of site based assignments. Rockwell had ongoing training opportunities. Much of the work was challenging requiring innovative solutions to complex interface problems. Management was a good sounding board and offered insights into problem solving.
Nice People.
Manufacturing Engineering Student (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 8, 2014
It was a pleasure working and learning with everyone at Rockwell
Rockwell Automation: its difficult to become a perminent employee, but they're good people
Finally Assembly (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 11, 2014
I come in and assess what needs to be done. How far along each job is, What the priority jobs are. Then I check engineering revisions, what parts don't match up or simply are not there.
After preliminary evaluation I get to work. Key thing is efficiency, set time goals, while still attempting to safely complete the job.

If I encountered problems then management was always there, I assumed nothing. Working with medium voltage means that if you make mistakes people get hurt or die. I asked even the simplest questions because I needed to be right the first time, every time.

Sometimes they asked the impossible, and with the help of other skilled laborers we made it happen.

I was laid off due to lack of work available, but I was always treated with the dignity and respect of my qualifications. I hold no resentment, no ill will. They were a valuable learning experience and I respect them.
Great atmosphere
Y2K Programmer (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioOctober 29, 2013
The best thing about Rockwell is that they treated contract employees like salaried. Always got a free turkey at Christmas. Too bad the IT staff is now completed outsourced.
Very friendly environment
CNC Shear Operator (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 19, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: no job security ( part time work)
Very relaxed work environment with helpful people. Safety is at the for front of the business. Constant safe work practices.
Very good place to work
Manufacturing Administrative Assistant/Assembler (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 23, 2013
I enjoyed work for this company and given the chance I would like to go back, I was on contract and was laid off. I enjoyed work with my co-workers and I like the afternoon shift that I worked. I like doing the assembly work and the evening went very quickly.
little room for growth
Electrical Tech/ Inspection engineer (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 10, 2013
Pros: afternoon shift works 4 10's
Cons: many
Great working environment, decent wages; however very poorly run and there is little to no room for growth.
better than most
general laborer (Former Employee), cambridgeNovember 6, 2012
Pros: good money, clean
Cons: temp/contract
hardest part was being a temp, and fitting in with the older crowd
Headquarters