Rockwell Automation Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work with table tennis table
System Firmware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 August 2017
I loved working at Rockwell. I learned a lot from very experienced full time engineers. Management is also very organised. They use Agile development process which helps keep everyone in the team very focused. The managers never let the developers feel the heat coming from the higher ups. Overall a nice place to work
Pros
Good working environment, nice people
Cons
Nothing much to do in Cambridge, office is old and outdated lookswise
Awesome place to work the people where awesome. I left to move back to Newfoundland
Door assembly (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 August 2017
Very safe place to work. Everybody is there to help you out I enjoy every day coming to work. I learned so much there. Assembled doors for cabinets that were used on oil rigs. Attached hinges and lights to the doors. Read ED. Reading blueprints for doors ' location, and what door needed. Printed work orders from computer on AS400 technology. Trained new employees on how to build doors and use the computer 's operating system. Worked as a team member.
Pros
Awesome 👏
Cons
60 hours a week very busy
Non-Inclusive Culture & Negative Working Environment
Management-Sales Environment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2017
Rockwell Automation falsely advertises that they are an inclusive culture & have a positive working environment. Nothing is further from the truth. They do not share information with their staff and keep their employees in the dark, often lying to their faces. Rockwell only cares about incoming sales and the rest of the staff are treated like second class citizens. Rockwell's 'leadership' is terrible and the people they have in charge of Canada are incompetent and frankly, mean spirited. I would never advise anyone to work for this Company. Rockwell does very little to provide training or support for their staff, often leaving them alone to figure it out on their own. Rockwell does not reward or value innovation or forward thinking leadership and new ideas. From my experience, Rockwell leadership only wants you to speak when spoken to and to just keep it to yourself if you have a new idea. I do not recommend this Company to anyone who would like to work in a positive working environment.
Pros
Average pay
Cons
Unprofessional Leadership & Lack of Direction
Cooperative and productive
Co-op - Electricity and Power Development (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 May 2017
Very respectful working environment. opportunity to learn new skills.Enjoyed stay at Rockwell automation. learned software development environment and testing.
Pros
All benefits
Cons
Random and continuous development and improvement process
APPLICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 April 2017
I enjoyed working there.
My responsibility was design, sales and technical support for Rockwell product design, installation and overall regular communication with the customers, distributors and plant technician
for completion and delivery of project order.
gret place
painter cnnc strippett shear operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 April 2017
a great place to work for. while there got to learn a new trade in many fields and Rockwell is dedicated in training and safety is there number one goal
Pros
work force
Cons
no cons
Ra
Field Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 June 2016
Rockwell Automation is great atmosphere, everyone is very friendly helpful; there is always an extra hand when needed.A great company.
Busy n fun
Contract Worker at Rockwell (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 May 2016
Great group of people in the area I was in.
Contract was hard to get off of. They had tests when positions came up. Favoured team members got them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Favortism
High tech workplace
Electrical Technologist C.E.T (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2016
Integrated systems for process manufacturing. Brands include Allen-Bradley, Reliance Electric and Rockwell Software.
Pros
Free lunches
Manufacturing Engineering Specialist
Manufacturing Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 May 2016
Excellent place to work at which offers personal growth and loads of learning. Co-workers were amazingly helpful.
Typical work day:
Attend various meetings, e.g. MRB, FMEA, Safety Rails, project meetings.
Work on different project.
Investigate new technologies to make work better and efficient.
Pros
An excellent and friendly environment.
Bonne entreprise
INSTALLATION/PRODUCTION PROGRAMMER (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC1 May 2016
Voici quelques-unes de mes réalisations :

• J’ai programmé et maintenu pendant quinze ans l’installation et la production des produits Rockwell Automation. (ISaGRAF, AADvance, Virgo 2000, etc…)(NSIS, InstallShield, MSI, etc…)
• J’ai automatisé la production des logiciels Rockwell et élaboré des tests automatiques (TAF, TeamCity, etc…)
• J’ai obtenu une certification InstallShield.
Pros
Flexibilité
Cons
Communication
Engineering Designer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 February 2016
Very fair and healthy environment, great management. A lot of very good quality people, team work, support and sharing of knowledge between co-workers.
Fun group of people to work with
account manager (Former Employee) –  Canada13 January 2016
RA is driven by the bottom $ only they do not look ahead they will layoff just to make the number, Was there for 2 years and during that time 3 layoff regardless of the time you were with the company
if you were part of the buddy system you survive. They have a major chip on their shoulder we are RA and people will buy us anyway, this is not a good attitude for the customer.
A lot of people are making time just to get their point to retire
Pros
Cons
Company has no vision of the real world
Job security is a big factor with more layoffs to come
Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 January 2016
Rockwell Automation at one time (not in the last two years) only hired through a Temp Agency. It took many people two or more years to make it a fulltime permanent position. Once fulltime has been achieved, the previous temp time is not included in seniority. with so many other people having been there for a number of years (when people were hired within three months), there is a big gap in seniority when it comes to layoffs. I am a good example of this senairio. I've spent the last 10+ years At Rockwell and we are soon to be hit with a third round of layoffs and I'm next unfortunatley
Manufacturing Engineering Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 December 2015
great people, great work environment. process to get things done is slower but very process oriented. working for Rockwell will surely improve your lean manufacturing knowledge
Cons
Good place to work facility is A/C so very comfortable in Summer.
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 September 2015
Good people that we work with, machinery is very difficult and challenging to work on and keeps your mind going.
Lots of computer work that goes with signing and answering calls on computer. Network is very slow and takes to much time to do your work.
Over all good place to go to work.
Pros
4 day's a week, Friday's off.
Cons
10.5 hour day's, don't see family.
environment de travail agreable
SAP Analyste/Service Clientèle, C.D.I (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 September 2015
Bonnes opportunitees de developement .
Environnement de travail agreeable .
Pros
Nvir
Rockwell Automation
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 August 2015
Rockwell is a decent place to work at. Benefits are decent. I began working as an assembler in 2005, over time, i have worked my way up to Manufacturing Engineer.

There is a certain amount of politics present, but overall, it is a decent place to work at.
good place to work in
Medium Voltage Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 August 2015
I t was good place to work in. I t was the first job offered to me when I came to Canada.
I learned a lot here about my electronics engineering.
Rockwell Automation Summary
Enhancement and Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 August 2015
In my role at Rockwell Automation I have been an Enhancement and Test Engineer for several projects. I have excellent organizational and coordinating skills and enjoy managing all aspects of a project, from designing, drawing circuitry, to troubleshooting, conducting quality assurance and reporting.

Loved working in an excellent friendly environment. Attended various exciting trainings. Learned how to work with medium voltage and performed various product qualifying tests such as BIL,Heatrun and Korona testing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwell Automation. Our community is ready to answer.

Rockwell Automation Reviews by Location