Rockwell Automation Employee Reviews

Busy n fun
Contract Worker at Rockwell (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 May 2016
Great group of people in the area I was in.
Contract was hard to get off of. They had tests when positions came up. Favoured team members got them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Favortism
High tech workplace
Electrical Technologist C.E.T (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2016
Integrated systems for process manufacturing. Brands include Allen-Bradley, Reliance Electric and Rockwell Software.
Pros
Free lunches
Manufacturing Engineering Specialist
Manufacturing Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 May 2016
Excellent place to work at which offers personal growth and loads of learning. Co-workers were amazingly helpful.
Typical work day:
Attend various meetings, e.g. MRB, FMEA, Safety Rails, project meetings.
Work on different project.
Investigate new technologies to make work better and efficient.
Pros
An excellent and friendly environment.
Engineering Designer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 February 2016
Very fair and healthy environment, great management. A lot of very good quality people, team work, support and sharing of knowledge between co-workers.
Fun group of people to work with
account manager (Former Employee) –  Canada13 January 2016
RA is driven by the bottom $ only they do not look ahead they will layoff just to make the number, Was there for 2 years and during that time 3 layoff regardless of the time you were with the company
if you were part of the buddy system you survive. They have a major chip on their shoulder we are RA and people will buy us anyway, this is not a good attitude for the customer.
A lot of people are making time just to get their point to retire
Pros
Cons
Company has no vision of the real world
Job security is a big factor with more layoffs to come
Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 January 2016
Rockwell Automation at one time (not in the last two years) only hired through a Temp Agency. It took many people two or more years to make it a fulltime permanent position. Once fulltime has been achieved, the previous temp time is not included in seniority. with so many other people having been there for a number of years (when people were hired within three months), there is a big gap in seniority when it comes to layoffs. I am a good example of this senairio. I've spent the last 10+ years At Rockwell and we are soon to be hit with a third round of layoffs and I'm next unfortunatley
Manufacturing Engineering Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 December 2015
great people, great work environment. process to get things done is slower but very process oriented. working for Rockwell will surely improve your lean manufacturing knowledge
Cons
Good place to work facility is A/C so very comfortable in Summer.
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 September 2015
Good people that we work with, machinery is very difficult and challenging to work on and keeps your mind going.
Lots of computer work that goes with signing and answering calls on computer. Network is very slow and takes to much time to do your work.
Over all good place to go to work.
Pros
4 day's a week, Friday's off.
Cons
10.5 hour day's, don't see family.
Rockwell Automation
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 August 2015
Rockwell is a decent place to work at. Benefits are decent. I began working as an assembler in 2005, over time, i have worked my way up to Manufacturing Engineer.

There is a certain amount of politics present, but overall, it is a decent place to work at.
good place to work in
Medium Voltage Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 August 2015
I t was good place to work in. I t was the first job offered to me when I came to Canada.
I learned a lot here about my electronics engineering.
Rockwell Automation Summary
Enhancement and Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 August 2015
In my role at Rockwell Automation I have been an Enhancement and Test Engineer for several projects. I have excellent organizational and coordinating skills and enjoy managing all aspects of a project, from designing, drawing circuitry, to troubleshooting, conducting quality assurance and reporting.

Loved working in an excellent friendly environment. Attended various exciting trainings. Learned how to work with medium voltage and performed various product qualifying tests such as BIL,Heatrun and Korona testing.
Good company to work at. Salary/Pay structure can be improved
Account Manager: End User (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2015
Very good company to work at. Rockwell trains you well and culture is very inclusive. However, salary structure can be improved since they do not pay very well.
Pros
Very ethical and trains you well
Cons
salary
Worked with a group of professionals
Materials Co-op P&IC (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 May 2015
Rockwell Automation is a very professional company with a group of talented employees.

I Ran critical projects for supply chain management by organizing and interrupting business data.
I Worked closely with management team to identify critical continuous improvement projects to drive process efficiency.
I was Exposed to manufacturing environment, involved in production and inventory control analysis. Developed and automated various reports; test various software in SAP automation; confirm purchase orders; inspect purchase/sales orders and excessed materials.

The hardest part of the job is to learn the job, and the most enjoyable part is when you are familiar with your task, everything is easy.
Pros
high efficiency
Cons
Managers are too busy to listen to your work
enjoyable experinences
Continuous Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 February 2015
Excellent, people are friendly. great place start up. very fast pace environment. Much interested in going back to same location.
Great Place for Engineers
Control Systems Engineer - Controls & Automation (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC22 December 2014
Rockwell has a great working environment for professionals. Ample opportunities for growth and challenges. Recognizes and rewards employees for their efforts. Involved in projects- FEED to commissioning (hardware & software)
Excellent Team to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton17 November 2014
The company is excellent. I can't say that enough - being a part of their team is being a part of a 110 year old culture. This company really focuses on your needs as an employee and allows you to grow in whatever direction you wish. Most of their leadership started out within the company and built on their skills through mentoring programs that are a mandatory part of daily life.

I was thrilled to be an employee and hope that my future endeavors take me to similar companies.
Pros
Room for growth individually
Cons
Backfilling Positions
Great company to work for
Global Product Manager for IEC MV MCC (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Ontario19 October 2014
Nice company to work for, nice work environment. The office look is stuck in late 70s early 80s. Very nice people to work with, very professional, good technical knowledge to share.
Pros
Very ethical, professional, challenging company
Cons
Structured, rigid work procedures
Little job security
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 September 2014
This Company is determinedly focused on the bottom line. They do not hesitate to terminate employees if their margin wavers.
Fabulous atmosphere, wonderful learning experiences
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC3 September 2014
As receptionist I answered and directed all calls and visitors. I handled the couriers and the mailpersons. All the staff are friendly and approachable. Along with hard work, there was a lot of fun! I was a team member and valued as a family member would be! Rockwell is without a doubt, the best place I've ever worked!
Pros
Occasional free lunch, lots of fun and great co-workers.
Cons
They only have contract positions.
A great place with good heart
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 August 2014
In any typical day I would consult with subject matter experts to update existing documentation or undertake the conversion of legacy projects to FrameMaker. My co-worker was knowledgeable, organized, and impressed me with his willingness to going above and beyond to get the facts. Management was sensible and understood the scope of what we were doing and the time it would take to get it right. My principal reason for leaving was simply that the commute was very long and expensive for me. I had no issues with the place itself or the nature of the work, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Not feasible to work remotely in my department

Rockwell Automation Reviews by Location