Rockwater Energy Solutions Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Corporate
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alberta14 November 2017
ROCKWATER was once a good place to work with the company growing there is no job security as they do not see value in good hard working knowledgeable employees, everyone is replaceable in their minds. Management has no appreciation for hard work, long hours and good work ethics. They overwork you and underpay. Very micro managed. They will hire or rehire anyone regardless of previous employment or experience. The wages are below average in the industry with no raises, no employee incentives, they do not have a proper training procedure. The company says they take pride in safety but do not follow through with that. There is no “team” at Rockwater. It’s a good place to get into the oilfield fluid hauling to be trained but would recommend getting out as soon as you can.
Cons
See above.
Fun Fast Working
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB12 September 2017
Working 24 hours a day. Shift work. 8 days on 6 days off.
The job had ups and downs.
Fast thinking on your toes.
Communicating with customers and co workers.
Cons
Long Hours, taking job home with you at night
Awsome work
Heavy Duty Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seal Lake, AB21 July 2017
Was a beautiful place to work with, unfortunately had to stop working sooner then expected due to my own fault, wish I could get some more work through them in due time
Pros
On site live accommodations
Good atmosphere to work
Truck Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Swan Hills, AB21 April 2016
Manager and staff were good to work with and for, Equipment was clean and decent to work with.
This is my second time working for this company in different divisions and both were for the most part good to work for !
fun place to work
wash bay attendant (Former Employee) –  beaverlodge alberta21 October 2015
I loved working at rockwater . it was the frist time for me working in the oil field learned a lot of things worked with great people will to teach you any thing you wanted to know .every one worked as a team never leaving any one to work by them self .
Pros
great people
Cons
realy dirty trucks
Great company perks.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB6 May 2015
Very friendly environment... The only stress was the bad road conditions in the area. The morning coffee was always a good star to the daily routine...
Good place to learn......then leave
Driver (Current Employee) –  Peace River Alberta25 January 2015
If it wasn't for the extreme lack of leadership from the management team it would be a great place to work.
Our manager in the Peace River Alberta site only shows up 1 day a week; but he is still sucking a full salary out of Rockwater. He also is about as bright as the slow kid in grade 5. In over 30 years of working full time, I have never worked for a manager as useless and stupid. The guy wouldn't know oppurtunity if it ran him over.
Since I started there they have taken away our safety bonus, screwed people out of their referal bonus and manipulated the pay schedules.
Even when you prove them wrong, they are not man enough to apologize.
I personally know the mechanic that was fired from there and left a review. Great guy. Best mechanic I've ever known. Rockwaters loss.
Pros
Good kitchen in camp
Cons
Management needs to learn to manage instead of bullying!
It's like working with a bunch of Teenage Girls.
Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB20 November 2014
I repaired Heavy equipment and enjoyed my job. I learned the sad reality of the expression "it's not WHAT you know but who you know". Management was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen as they behaved like a bunch of teenage girls. "Popularity" seemed more important to them than work ethic and proper procedures. Most of my coworkers were completely incompetent and were being replaced constantly. However some very good and hard working employees were let go for speaking their mind on such issues as SAFETY and proper procedures. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the BS of childish and unprofessional management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the truck drivers, my work and meeting some good guys despite the issues with management!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
incompetent management with immature behaviours