Roche

Roche Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
glad I left
IT Security Operations Center Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: do nothing and get paid for it
Cons: no future, no advancement, management is in the state of confusion and clueless
all they do is re org.... thats what they must teach at MBA school these days

or they do what gartner tells them to do.

what fools.. investors I would sell your stocks asap now that the genetech crowd is running the place.
Has been a great place to work, great compensation, convenient location
Business Coordinator (Current Employee), Nutley, NJJanuary 9, 2013
Has been a great place to work, great compensation, convenient location
Perform visual inspection and batch verification.
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee), Ponce, PRJanuary 8, 2013
Visual inspection and document if the product was withing complice. Verification of documentation.
Productive and good work/life balance
SR. Production Tech (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Good place to make good money, advance, and interact with other great people.
Utilities Mechanic
Utilities Mechanics (Former Employee), Humacao, PRJanuary 7, 2013
• Machine Room Maintenance.
• Give maintenance, repair and troubleshoot different equipments at the utilities area such WFI systems, HVAC Systems, Boilers, Chillers, Compressors, Pumps, Valves, Steam tramps and others.
• Make Predictive Maintenance suggestions.
• Follow up maintenance protocols.
• Maintenance and operation to the Waste Water Treatment – more... Plant. – less
Excellent place to work
Clinical Science Leader (Former Employee), Nutley NJJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: culture in roche
Cons: two disparate cultures
Roche is an organization with integrity which is a very good place to work. The culture at Genetech is very different from Roche. Therefore the experience is very different is one is working on projects originating from Roche in Basal versus those out of Genentech in San Francisco
production workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CADecember 6, 2012
Supervised prepare and packing of medical diagnostic kits,Develooped work Attended Schedling meeting,s Prepared bottles for filling and manufacturing areas in compliance with product scheduling.
Excellent company with which to work
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCDecember 3, 2012
Roche was very conservative and old style in promotion of product lines. This was acceptable in that we knew our promotional efforts were always consumer and safety oriented. Roche had exceptional medical institution and medical provider respect for its promotional philosophy. The product line consisted of franchise products such as Rocephin and Versed. – more... Working in the medical center setting was the most enjoyable. The least enjoyable was the strict structure of promotional efforts. Roche had a great working environment that felt like family. – less
Roche has great benefits and work life balance. Managment is the worst part of Roche.
Infrastructure Platform Support Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 3, 2012
The hardest part of working at Roche is dodging all of the re-organizations and outsourcing. Work life balance and the benefits are great.
difficult to work in a lab setting
Intern, Biospecimen Management (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CANovember 20, 2012
a typical day at work - 90% in lab, 10% at desk

what you learned - pharmaceutical industries are big on compliance

management - a lot older, not approachable at all

your co-workers - hard to interact when most are in lab

the hardest part of the job - being in the lab

the most enjoyable part of the job - learning about the pharma industry
Productive work environment with acknowledgement of employees' contribution to its success
Legal Specialist - Trademarks (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2012
Pros: great work environment
Cons: location - no offices in florida
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the end result of my duties, such as when a trademark or patent registration is issued, or a conflict matter is settled. Knowing the importance of protecting the company's valuable intangible assets and the part my job plays in achieving this goal gives me great job satisfaction.
Roche was my family / home
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Nutley, NJNovember 5, 2012
Pros: activities
Cons: i was a temp.
I have learned alot from my Roche family. I answered phones, monthly reports reallocated AMEX reports, chargebacks monthly billing. Scheduled Photographers events on site and off site.
Large pharmaceutical company that manufactures several medicines for multiple disease states
Medical Representative (Former Employee), Rogers, ARNovember 2, 2012
Pros: great medicines that made a difference, lots of autonomy
Cons: managed care, access issues
A typical day at Roche was calling on customers and helping them to meet the pharmaceutical needs of their patients with Roche products.
I learned that it is important to always be prepared with relevant information for the customer. The best sales calls were focused on meeting patient and customer needs. A thorough analysis of territory and customer – more... data was crucial to success.
Management at Roche was focused on development of people. Management was fair and set reasonable goals.
The hardest part of the job was having access to customers in the changing healthcare environment. I was able to see most of my customers- they trusted me.
The most enjoyable part of my job was hearing success stories about patients who benefitted from the medicines that I sold. – less
My strengths and expertise
Clinical Trial Asst (Current Employee), Nutley, NJOctober 23, 2012
I am a coordinator/Executive Assistant recognized for exceptional performance by upper management, and seen as a role model for staff and colleagues.
• Process improvement
• Innovative event management
• Maximizing resources
• Problem solver
• Accuracy and Time Management
I am looking for an opportunity to utilize my skills.
Director Global Program Management (Former Employee), Nutley, NJOctober 20, 2012
A pharmaceutical company rich in tradition with a deep respect for its people. One of the few places where I've worked where work/life balance were more than words.
Documentation for diabetes kits
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2012
Enjoyed this position and the company but 5 depts including mine was moved to Germany.
Productive work environment
Glucose Meter Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2012
This was my first full-time job. The hours were early, but the pay was great. It was here where I began to learn the importance of time management, as I was waking up at 5am every morning to be in by 6. My co-workers were enjoyable to be around, and the management team was very encouraging.
I've grown in the data management function at Roche. I've had excellent managers to guide me along the way. It's been a great journey.
Project Data Manager (Current Employee), Nutley, NJSeptember 21, 2012
Inovative, organized, driven Project Data Manager with experience in overseeing oncology studies in the early phase department. Provide therapeutic area support and guidance to data management functions to ensure data quality timelines are met. Experienced in outsourced studies working with CROs defining roles and responsibilities and processes for – more... conducting studies to ensure well defined communication and timelines are met. – less
Good while it lasted
Identity & Access Management Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2012
Learned a lot and truly enjoyed my work until management changed and going to work was like going to prison.
Awesome place to work. Love the atmosphere, working conditions and the campus
Clinical Data Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: onsight caferia, walking trails on campus, fitness center and wellness center on campus
My manager is greater. One of two of the best managers I've had. My co-workers are like family. We all have a great working relationship. I never leave work frustrated and I get up every morning and I never dread coming to work.

I've learned a lot about clinical Triails, research and Data Management.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the freedom – more... I have to work independently.

The hardest part of the job is leaving work for the weekend. – less

About Roche

Roche is on a medicinal roll. The company operates two segments, pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, and sells its products in some – Read more