Roche

Roche Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No advancement, clicky and unfriendly
Administive Assistant (Former Employee), OswestryApril 16, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: long hours, low pay, no progression
Small office where management are naturally stressful people who always think you do things wrong even if it was them. This creates stress among the other 3/4 people in the office and people never stay there long. When I start a lady had been on minimum wage for 6 years and was finally giving up. She handed on her notice with not job to go to. The job – more... was enjoyable when management wasn't there. Not that often. – less
Productive work place with great culture, helping people.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 14, 2013
Pros: good paying job, helping people
Cons: no freedom- tied to the desk the entire shift
I was in Patient Care in an international call center. I would take phone calls from diabetics whom were having problems with our equipment. They also called to ask questions about their blood sugar levels. There was a script we had to follow while documenting all of it during the phone call in to our system.

I was in six weeks of training before I – more... was allowed on the phone with patients, then 6 months with a coach until I could do it on my own. Calls were monitored and my statistics were always great.

No freedom to move away from desk / phone.

I liked my co-workers, got along well and we worked as a team.

Hardest part is when a patient may be in crisis, then we either called 911 or a supervisor would take over.

The most enjoyable part was helping people with their health / diabetes issues. The children that called in were especially wonderful and good at understanding their disease. – less
Improving the lives of those with diabetes
Diabetes Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KY and Johnson City, TNApril 2, 2013
Pros: ability to be successful with hard work and discipline
Cons: lots of paperwork and reports. can be long hours working nights and weekends.
*Large focus on health care reform and how our products and solutions help improve quality of care, outcomes, and physician reimbursement.
*6-8 client visits per day. None are typical. Can discuss insulin infusion pumps, continuous glucose monitors, blood glucose monitors, software, or other tools.
*Typically meet 1-2 patients in a day in the physician – more... practice to demo and product or provide diabetes education.
*Work and collaborate with industry partners. – less
Lead Developer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 1, 2013
This project mainly deals with recruiting new employees for the company under the respective managers who will request for new employee. Manager of the respective department will send a request to the HR with the required skill set. HR people will process and send the status back to respective manager with further action to be taken.
Great Benefits, Work Life Balance
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 1, 2013
Pros: work life balance
I what the company stands for and the work life balance it provides me.
Great experience
Account Manager (Former Employee), MidwestMarch 26, 2013
Pros: solid reputation
Cons: sometimes felt too big.
I loved working for Roche. I left with 86% market share and just couldn't lose with their products.
A very ethical company
Field Sales (Current Employee), SouthMarch 24, 2013
Unfortunately, ethics aren't enough to win in the marketplace. Roche is a fabulous company that is being outpaced by the competitors. Technology and time to market are the big Achilles heel here. It is really sad.
A workplace where my manager was open to any recommendation and thought.
Marketing Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Taipei, TaiwanMarch 16, 2013
• Developed customer database and analyzed sales trend to optimize sales efforts
• Contacted customers for after-service follow-up to assist Sales Representatives and Marketing Manager
Great place to work, outstanding benefits.
MFG Coordinator/Planner (Former Employee), Branford, CTMarch 12, 2013
Pros: benefits/core values
Cons: n/a
454/Roche runs very lean which is a good thing, I was always busy and exploring new challenges in addition to my core roles. Management really focused on core values, continuous improvement, and work life balance. My co-workers were focused and driven and I enjoyed working with them. I really enjoyed being able to help co-workers and working both as – more... an individual contributor and as a team.
454 is a subdivision of Roche, it was a great place to work for and hope they continue to be successful. – less
Production Associate (Current Employee), Noblesville, INMarch 4, 2013
Its a overall good company to work for if you are permanent, but if you are temporary they have quite a bit of layoffs. It also could take up to 2 years to become a permanent employee.
Production Associate (Current Employee), Noblesville, INMarch 4, 2013
Roche immediately closed our office after merger
Logistics Coordinator/ CSR (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: closed office
Roche was generous in their compensation after slamming the door on our Atlanta office location.
Big campus with bicycles
Marketing Intern for Diabetes Care (Former Employee), Mannheim, GermanyFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere, nice colleagues, great environement
I used to wake up at 6am every day to go to work. The tram stops just in front of the main entrance where I am at 6:30.
My first colleagues arrived at 8:00.
Multicultural environement where you can change an english word for a french or german one. Great opportunity to be understood!

11 hours of work later, I am back home.
International, Friendly workplace
clinial project manager (Former Employee), WelwynFebruary 26, 2013
A typical day at Roche UK involves interracting with a wide range of colleagues abroad in a truly international atmoshpere
Good Place
BPM Consultant (Former Employee), Buenos Aires, BFebruary 22, 2013
I worked for few months but i can say is good people there and good professionals.
Excellent benefits. Poor management/ employee relations
FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: good benefits. low chance of layoffs.
Cons: manager/employee relations, poor.
Begin day at 07:30 checking emails and reviewing dispatches. Call all dispatches, triage calls, set customer expectatins for arrival or work on phone. Complete expense reports, time cards, on-line training, inventory. Set up schedule for monthly PMs,
Leave approx 08:30 to first call. Continue traveling from site to site, resolving customer issues. If – more... some time, check with co-worker see if he/she needs assistance After 8 hrs, if still covering calls, check with RSM for OT approval. Arrive home 21:00 – less
Great Culture, Great People
Account Manager, Medical Professional Group (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 23, 2013
My experience with Roche overall was positive. The culture of the company is great, as well as the people. They are no longer the leader in the diabetes market, and seem content with third place, which is frustrating. Career advancement is tough, because they do not really have a direct path to use to help better yourself.
Roche- Great place to work
(Branding & Publishing, Executive Communication) (Former Employee), Basel, BSJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: international, successfull, supportive, social, loyal, diverse, carying, benefits
Cons: people tend to settle because its such a great place to work. not enough "go getters"
Great place to work,amazing organisation, efficient, fair, great industry, growing,veryinternational environment, team oriented
Highly Ethical, Customer, Patient and Employee orientated Company
Application Specialist and and Sales Rep (Former Employee), JohannesburgJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: international training and travelling, going to congresses and mixing with customers on a social basis.
Cons: travelling at night in unsafe areas. vast distances.
Good employee morale. Good training facilities.
First class products and instruments.
Modern and comfortable Office Building . Centrally located.
Very demanding but fair and highly successful customers.
Good renumeration, Home /work time ratio at times not balanced.
Extremely competent co-workers.
Management believed in giving support if necessary but – more... encouraged growth through independence.
Travelling at night and into unsafe areas was not easy.
Loved winning Tenders, doing the installations and training and having happy customers. – less

About Roche

Roche is on a medicinal roll. The company operates two segments, pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, and sells its products in some – Read more