ROBIN'S DONUTS Employee Reviews in Canada

Every day comes with new thinking, new opportunities and new lessons to learn
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 27, 2016
At Robins Donuts, this was my first job in food industry. When I started, I found it little difficult as compare to my background. Because it was just opposite to my studies my experience. But i gave myself a chance to learn and experience new things and after few days,I started enjoying this environment.
So for me, every day is a new day and comes with new opportunities, difficulties and lessons to learn.
Keep yourself ready to experience new things in life to make your life joyful.
Cashier
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONJanuary 29, 2016
I mostly worked on my own on afternoon shift.....serving customers, stocking of items and food need to service the customer....cleaning of my work area, public cleaning area and washrooms.
Pros
working alone and sometimes with others
Cons
not many hours
ok place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 26, 2015
depending on which management had taken over it was a all right place to work
you got to know your regular customers got to know what they liked what they took
Great Place to Work
Front End Clerk (Former Employee) –  nova scotiaJuly 2, 2015
Daily activity was upbeat and fun; got to know the regulars and looked forward to work everyday. Management was great and the atmosphere was very enjoyable. I learned a lot and was nice working in a small town.
ok place
over the counter server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 7, 2015
there was couple of girls that worked there i really enjoyed working with
very nice and polite fun to hang with at work where as for the manager that did work there was always on the phone for personal calls i never got lunch break i coiudnt even have short break over all i did not feel happy in that work inviroment which is the reason i quit
Pros
customers
Cons
no lunch break even if u was sick u still had to work
Productive work environment.
COUNTER STAFF (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day at work would be serving customers coffee and donuts, attending the drive thru, going in the back to dip donuts, assort donuts, muffins and biscuits into bins to be delivered and complete orders.
I learned how to manage my time effectively to get all work done in time before close.
Management was good for the most part. I only saw the owner once a day when I worked.
My co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was trying to remember everything that had to be done.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got the hang of the work and remembered everything and getting to know the regulars.
Pros
always something to do and time flies
Cons
short hours, no chance for advancement
First job
Cashier & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  396 Provencher BlvdMarch 10, 2014
Learnt how to use cash register payment threw credit and debit. Helping customers and serving to their satisfaction. Had good relationship with co-works.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MBFebruary 22, 2014
dealing with customers
dealing with money
learns new tasks quickly
good communication skills
Pros
free lunch
Management was poor, The staff always hung around to spy on workers,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 5, 2013
All in all the job was horrible, The staff could care less if you are sick and hurt.
Solid employment with a great atmosphere and people
Assistant Manager/Decorator/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, OntarioSeptember 1, 2013
A typical day would consist of administrative work first thing in the morning followed by assisting the cashier staff as needed. During this time I learned how to better work with the public. Although not without conflicts, the staff and management make the workplace one of the best aspects of the job. The best and worst parts of this job are the people who work there.
Pros
steady guaranteed hours, relaxed work environment
Cons
limited management activity, little chance of advancement
Busy,friendly atmosphere
server/cashier (Former Employee) –  London,OntFebruary 27, 2012
Great job for someone learning about the business.Did find the manager to be a little overbearing but I did enjoy meeting customers.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
usually not full time