ROBIN'S DONUTS Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, friendly staff and customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE12 May 2017
Robin's on Capital Drive was my first job, the manager April was amazing and so friendly and embracing, which is exactly what I needed to help come out of my shell. Fun place to work.
Pros
Discounts on store products
Cons
Rush hours
Unorganized workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Melville, SK3 May 2017
Working at robins donuts as a young adult was a good experience when it came to dealing with customers in very different situations and moods. The job itself was hard to handle considering the incredibly long hours, early mornings and very late nights as a high school student. The management was also not very cooperative with my schedule in high school as an athlete. Coworkers at this workplace did not like to be there and it made learning and enjoying my job difficult.
Pros
Learning how to use different devices in the fast food industry
Cons
Long shifts
Not a good environment to work
Customer Service Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 March 2017
No sense of teamwork or moral support in staff mngmnt. Before leaving store, staff were lazy and non-supportive. New store owner did not bring a strong reputation for trust.
Pros
Got to leave at end of shift.
Cons
Had to come in for work.
Fun and easy-going job, but not recommended for long-term
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  PEI26 February 2017
It's a fun and fairly easy job, you get a lot of regular customers who are great, however there's no room for advancement and they don't believe in raises, unless you're part of the 'in' crowd, and its hard to get enough hours to make ends meet.
Pros
discount on coffee
Cons
no appreciation, no raises
Fun and relax working there
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  303 park street, Regina, SK14 September 2016
I loved my job there. So many nice people, collegues, manager and customers. It was a delightful experience, learnt new skills, completed challanges.
fast paced and clean
Store Front Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 July 2016
I enjoyed working at Robin's. The pace was variable, at times the pace was fast with 10-30 customers to be served. I enjoyed interacting with customers when the pace was slow .

during a typical day at Robin's:

-I helped serve numerous customers,
-I prepared breakfast sandwiches, sandwich toppings, refilled sandwich topping containers,
-wiped down and sanitized surfaces and tools.
- I (cleaned) and refilled the beverage machines
-I handled customer service at store front; handling cash, credit cards, and coffee cards at point of sale.I also interacted with customers in a professional but friendly manner.

I learned many things at Robin's including
-the proper way to stack breakfast sandwiches
-what all the donuts were called without looking at the labels
- other numerous tasks

The manager at Robin's was efficient, polite, and hardworking,respectful and easy to talk to.

My co-workers were of various ages and training. I worked well with my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was keeping the sandwich knives clean and the tomatoes fresh.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was part of Robin's helping make customers happy.

Over all I enjoyed working at Robin's and I was sad to leave.
Pros
broken cookies
Cons
irate or sick customers, trying to wash the floor during rush hour...
Storefront/Cashiering services
Front-end store service/food clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 May 2016
Working as a Storefront Cashier at Robin's Donuts was a memorable experience for me. It was a very good experience, and it was my first experience in a customer service role. The coworkers were great, they were very accommodating and experienced. It was my first life reality experience.
Pros
free tips, longer shifts, occasionally free donuts
Cons
Longer hours, no benefits
Every day comes with new thinking, new opportunities and new lessons to learn
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 April 2016
At Robins Donuts, this was my first job in food industry. When I started, I found it little difficult as compare to my background. Because it was just opposite to my studies my experience. But i gave myself a chance to learn and experience new things and after few days,I started enjoying this environment.
So for me, every day is a new day and comes with new opportunities, difficulties and lessons to learn.
Keep yourself ready to experience new things in life to make your life joyful.
Cashier
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON29 January 2016
I mostly worked on my own on afternoon shift.....serving customers, stocking of items and food need to service the customer....cleaning of my work area, public cleaning area and washrooms.
Pros
working alone and sometimes with others
Cons
not many hours
ok place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 October 2015
depending on which management had taken over it was a all right place to work
you got to know your regular customers got to know what they liked what they took

Want to know more about ROBIN'S DONUTS?

Ask a question
Great Place to Work
Front End Clerk (Former Employee) –  nova scotia2 July 2015
Daily activity was upbeat and fun; got to know the regulars and looked forward to work everyday. Management was great and the atmosphere was very enjoyable. I learned a lot and was nice working in a small town.
ok place
over the counter server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 April 2015
there was couple of girls that worked there i really enjoyed working with
very nice and polite fun to hang with at work where as for the manager that did work there was always on the phone for personal calls i never got lunch break i coiudnt even have short break over all i did not feel happy in that work inviroment which is the reason i quit
Pros
customers
Cons
no lunch break even if u was sick u still had to work
Productive work environment.
COUNTER STAFF (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 February 2015
A typical day at work would be serving customers coffee and donuts, attending the drive thru, going in the back to dip donuts, assort donuts, muffins and biscuits into bins to be delivered and complete orders.
I learned how to manage my time effectively to get all work done in time before close.
Management was good for the most part. I only saw the owner once a day when I worked.
My co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was trying to remember everything that had to be done.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got the hang of the work and remembered everything and getting to know the regulars.
Pros
Always something to do and time flies
Cons
Short hours, no chance for advancement
First job
Cashier & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  396 Provencher Blvd10 March 2014
Learnt how to use cash register payment threw credit and debit. Helping customers and serving to their satisfaction. Had good relationship with co-works.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB22 February 2014
dealing with customers
dealing with money
learns new tasks quickly
good communication skills
Pros
Free lunch
Management was poor, The staff always hung around to spy on workers,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2013
All in all the job was horrible, The staff could care less if you are sick and hurt.
Solid employment with a great atmosphere and people
Assistant Manager/Decorator/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, Ontario1 September 2013
A typical day would consist of administrative work first thing in the morning followed by assisting the cashier staff as needed. During this time I learned how to better work with the public. Although not without conflicts, the staff and management make the workplace one of the best aspects of the job. The best and worst parts of this job are the people who work there.
Pros
Steady guaranteed hours, relaxed work environment
Cons
Limited management activity, little chance of advancement
Busy,friendly atmosphere
server/cashier (Former Employee) –  London,Ont27 February 2012
Great job for someone learning about the business.Did find the manager to be a little overbearing but I did enjoy meeting customers.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
usually not full time