Robertson Electric Wholesale is a highly regarded electrical distributor in the GTA and surrounding areas. Robertson has demonstrated steady and secure growth since new ownership in 2008, proving to be a dominant player in the industries we serve. With a long and successful history we strive on being first class and the leader of our industries: as an employer; a supplier and to new and existing customers.
With six branches across Ontario and secure business plans for further growth and expansion, Robertson is seeking candidates to join our dynamic Company and be part of our continued success.
Job Title: Warehouse Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
Summary of Position:
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing efficient and visible workflow systems through the warehouse department. Dedicated to continual improvement, the Warehouse Manager continually seeks opportunities to engage and develop staff and improve quality customer experiences and guarantee on-time delivery through the successful management of the shipping, receiving, and inventory departments.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Supervises and coordinates the unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments.
- Supervises teammates that verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all products are properly counted.
- Ensures the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment ensuring compliance with Federal Legislation.
- Participates in establishing work schedules and ensures that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area and assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment and prepares work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
- Supervises the accuracy of all shipping documents -- gathers and maintains all data records relative to shipping activities.
- Coordinates all preparation and distribution of documentation pertaining to worker accidents.
- Manage daily activities of the warehouse.
- Maintain security of company owned assets.
- Directs and motivates team-members in a positive, productive and respectful manner, ensuring individual and group productivity
- Ensure team-members are aware of and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Manages work schedules, tracking attendance, reviewing hours reported, and creating payroll data
- Communicates progress updates frequently and as needed with management teams
- Calls and participates in “huddles” with Managers and Leads to solve urgent order issues.
- Manages and communicates the flow of priorities within their department, including directing activities to solve urgent issues.
- Make recommendations for area organization, tools needed and other ways to improve
Skills & Qualifications:
- Completion of High School
- Minimum 5 years progressive supervisory and/or management experience in warehouse operations
- Supervisory experience is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must become an expert within their department
- Must have the ability to train and develop others
- Be able to move quickly, comfortable walking, standing, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- A high level of motivation, self-management, and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and organize work schedules
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong decision-making skills
- Leadership, motivational and team working skills
- Good spoken and written communication skills