The Order Desk staff is responsible for looking after all incoming customer calls, dealing with orders, and dealing with customers in regards to quoting, returns, and specs. Duties also include checking inventory for product availability, providing delivery dates to customers and verifying prices. They also prepare and maintain sales order master files, customer lists, and purchase orders with receipts, and make routine decisions according to company policies and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Looking after all incoming customer calls.
2. Responsible for order entry into the system.
3. Responsible for quoting customers.
4. Responsible for handling returns from customers.
5. Responsible for spec products for customers.
6. Responsible for carrying out assigned housekeeping tasks.
7. Responsible for carrying out any other duties assigned by their Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of experience working in the electrical industry
- Adequate knowledge of electrical products
- Minimum of one year office or general sales experience
- Responsible and reliable
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional phone manners
- Professionalism when in contact with customers
- Good health and physical strength
- Ability to read and write legibly
- Accuracy in following instructions