The Inside Sales Associate plays a key role in developing internal and external customer relationships with Sales Representatives, Customers, Vendors, and Installers. They are responsible for assisting Branch Managers and Outside Sales Representatives in maintaining and building future business with customers.
In addition to a competitive compensation package including base salary, benefits, and RRSP matching, we offer continuous learning and development opportunities.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Provide lighting and electrical expertise to customers within the National Retail & Property Management Markets.
- Provide excellent customer service from the beginning of a quote through to delivery/installation
- Keep up-to-date on product information, industry trends and sales techniques
- Support, leverage and build internal customer relationships and assist Branch Managers and outside sales reps in maintaining and building future business with customers
- Monitor competitive trends and pressures within the industry
- Penetrate existing customer accounts to identify new business
- Review, monitor and follow-up with customers, prospects and leads in a timely manner to achieve desired outcomes
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years Customer Service and/or Sales experience preferably in a Lighting / Electrical market
- Lighting / Electrical supply product knowledge, is required
- Experience in facilitating energy rebate programs a plus
- Proven performance, high energy and highly motivated individual with strong customer focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel)
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
- Strong team player with a ''can-do'' attitude and passion for excellence
- Exceptional communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Strong appreciation for excellence in customer service is a MUST
- Punctual, Reliable, confidential, and conscientious
- Strong initiative and ability to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Excellent time management/organizational skills with ability to meet important deadlines in a fast-paced environment
o Ability to influence others and develop positive customer relationships.
o Strong attention to detail
o Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
o Strong business acumen and sense of urgency
- Able to work independently with a high level of energy and focus with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and willing to take on new challenges and risks.