Start your career of right with an amazing company, leaders in Group Benefits. My client is looking for a Recent grad. with experience in Banking (teller) to work as an Accounting clerk.
Reporting to the Manager Accounting, the incumbent provides assistance to the department. The primary responsibilities of this position are accurately processing the daily deposits to the correct accounts and data entry (keying remittances). Secondary duties involve general clerical work to assist the Accounting team, filing, photocopying, helping with mass mailings, processing electronic remittances, and other duties as assigned. The incumbent also answers the general inquiry line and provides reception relief in accordance with the department's schedule. The Accounting Clerk must be able to work with little supervision, meet all deadlines, and work well under pressure. Overtime hours are expected when required, in order to meet deadlines.
The incumbent must maintain the confidentiality and security of client files and data, and must adhere to specific rules and standards in protecting manual and computerized information.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Error checking and balancing: checks remittance sheets for errors, and balances same before entering the data into the system;
2) Data Entry: Enters remittance sheet data into the system and prepares the remittance edit sheets after data entry complete
3) Client contact: Contacts employers to communicate errors or missing information from the remittance sheets
4) Files remittances
5) Mass mailings: with other team members, assists with the preparation and mailing of the annual newsletter (December) and annual rate changes letter (May) to all clients
6) Up-loads electronic remittances: manipulates file feed in order to save it to the correct format; edits the file (e.g. removes those with zero hours); sorts the file; balances the file against the remitting number
7) Customer Service: Answers the general enquiry line for the department.
8) Provides reception relief in accordance with the department schedule and at other times as required.
9) Other duties as assigned
· Post Secondary diploma from a recognized college in Accounting or equivalent in education and experience.
· Up to one year related experience in an Accounting office. Experience working with bank deposits is desired.
· Computer proficient -basic Excel experience is required (incumbent is familiar with Excel functions and spreadsheet formatting). Experience with databases built on Oracle platforms preferred.
· Superior data entry keyboarding skills (alpha-numerical); speed and accuracy required
· Incumbent is accurate and detailed oriented with an aptitude for arithmetic
· Ability to work efficiently under pressure and able to meet established deadlines
· Excellent customer service skills and works well in a team environment
· Good oral and written communication skills.
Please submit resume to chrisu at robertsonandcompany dot net