Robert Transport Employee Reviews in Canada

Sadly they turn their backs on their employees, you are just a number
Sales (Former Employee) –  CanadaOctober 14, 2015
After working with their organization for many years and very dedicated to the position. When fell ill for a large period of time for the first time, after months of re-cooperating upon return, was informed that now under 3 month probation along with being made demands to push me out of the company, made me feel like a 10 year old. Originally had always felt that it was a wonderful place, the salary was not the greatest but it was steady. They were put in a situation that they did not want to take any responsibility for and therefore terminated my position which they stated I did not meet the ir expectations, this after many years of being a dedicated and fully committed employee.
Pros
Some bonuses
Cons
Cannot rely on their support, salary is not great, manipulate and bully employees
Productive and constant evolution environnement
Technicien Informatique Niveau (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QuébecSeptember 8, 2015
Family enterprise top 50 well managed enterprise in Canada. Big environnement ( over 4000 users ). Excellent place for challenge and gathering experience. Well managed team and flexible work time. Unbalanced between work responsability and salary. Have a lot of projects and they need you to react quick and be proactive.
Pros
Excellent working environment, lots of challenge, good social advantage, easy access
Cons
Salary is not enough for all the responsabilities we handle.
OFFICE -service dept
Office Clerk- former (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QCJune 27, 2016
Salary is not on par with the market. Employees are treated like they are in kindergarten. Dedicated accounts have to pick up the slack of the so called call center and CSC group making it hard to follow through with requests from Tier 1 customers. Monitored all the time & reprimanded if you are not helping the " Team" or they think you should be doing more than just your job. Big on Team work but cannot manage the teams or department properly. 12 employees have quit and 3 left on medical leave in less than 1 year. Management does not see the large turn over as an issue but as normal operating procedures.
Hardest part of the job is trying to keep on the good side of Senior manager who runs hot and cold. Pats you on the back one minute and the next calls you into the office for something childish. The most enjoyable part is leaving at the end of the day knowing you did your best to service your customer.
Pros
Cons
management does not know how to treat employees
hide and seek to get paid every week
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 16, 2016
Quebec company the puppets run the place in Mississauga Very disorganized . don't waste your time . Afew of the Robert employees are real
Pros
people
Cons
management
days work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  mississaugaFebruary 1, 2016
load and unload trucks
new computer system on forklift
average
some good , some don't understand job
getting loads out on time
getting job done before end of shift
productive
Internship (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QCNovember 15, 2015
fun work place good staff and competitive pay. fast pace enviroment..
the hardest part is your days off. you cant get enough. coworkers are friendly. and the pay is great
No Job Security
Shunt Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 5, 2013
I enjoyed the work and worked very hard. Management changed and being hired through an agency meant no job security. I was forced to leave after 4 yrs with them. I was always punctual and worked my shift even when sick. The afternoon person was always late and it was expected I should cover for him. It was a busy yard and they couldn't appreciate that at the end of the day, I was tired. I was forced to quit.
I would not recommend this company as a good employer. There is no reward for loyalty, each man for himself.
I enjoyed working in my own shunt truck environment. It was good to meet other drivers, like myself.
It is shift work, so if you didn't get a day shift, it would be difficult, especially with a family.
Pros
sense if independense
Cons
hard work and loyalty was not rewarded
good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 17, 2013
Great place to go and learn about 3PL. management has a hidden agenga unfortunately, and there are a lot of inner politics. Not a place to stay and a harvest a career.
Robert transport is the ultimate place to become an overall good mechanic
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  500 RTE 112 RougemontJune 11, 2012
Robert Transport is one of the largest transport companies in Quebec. There is no one person designated to one job. Everyone has an equal and fair chance to do everything from general maintenance to engine overhauling
Pros
a chance to prove yourself worthy of overhauling engines, transmissions
Cons
poor management and your voice is never heard
Working for Robert Transport
Manutentionnaire (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QCSeptember 11, 2013
If you have the tenacity for long hours and heavy lifting on a daily basis, then this is the job for you! Good pay at the end of the week, good people.
productive work advierment, friendly people, awesome boss (Ryan Smith).
general labor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 9, 2014
a normal day at work there was ok i had a friend that worked with me would unload trailers together so it wasn't that bad working because we could talk and have smoke breaks and no one was bugging you while you worked but the only hard part was unloading fire places from the trailers we would get them about once a month so it wasn't bad at all but the best part was going home and sleeping obviously haha
Pros
friendly people, close too home, smoke breaks
Cons
unloading fire places but nothing else
Satisfactory
Operations Manager Warehousing (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OntOctober 5, 2014
Stable work environment
Positive co-workers
Management is average
Toughest part of job is interacting with customers
Best part of job is co-workers
Productive and fun place to work with free coffee or hot chocolate
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 18, 2012
They have the biggest Reach trucks I ever operated challenging place that need more organized space for inbounds or whats received from the docks I think its a great environment to work in and if I got the chance I would work there again,I would suggest they get more of the newer reach trucks too...
salaire concurrentiel et bons avantages sociaux
conductrice de camion lourd (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QCJanuary 14, 2016
Beaucoup d'attente pour les livraisons, les chargements de retour et les douanes. Splendides paysages sur la route. Aucun contact avec les autres conducteurs , vie de solitaire.
Pros
salaire, camion en bon état et propre
Cons
attente sur la route
Emploi instable
Monteur de palettes (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QCFebruary 29, 2016
Les heures de travail garanties ne sont jamais respectées.
agreable
manutention (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QCDecember 2, 2015
c est un travail tres discipliner et méthodique baser sur la securiter avant tout , c etais un bon établissement
Pros
repas
Cons
pas d assurence maladie
tres bonne place et tres agreable ou travailler
Cariste (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QCDecember 3, 2015
laspect le plus agreable ces que nos collegues son tres present pour de lentraide et tres gentil
environnement de travail secrétaire
Shunt Driver (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QCJuly 12, 2015
écologique et fiable, belle famille, je suis tout nouveau dans l'entreprise mais je suis bien encadré
Pire expérience de travail
Cariste (Former Employee) –  lachineJanuary 14, 2015
J'ai travaillé pendant 3 mois pour eux et à la fin de ma probation, ils m'ont mit dehors pour garder juste des gars d'agence et m'ont dit que c'était à cause de ma rapidité et des mes erreurs dans les commandes sans me donner aucune preuve. C'est une des pires compagnie pour laquelle j'ai travaillé. Je l'a déconseille à quiquonque voulant y travailler.
Pros
paie au semaine
Cons
compagnie hypocrite qui préfère ne pas te rencontrer, te mettre dehors et engager des gars d'agence.
travail agreable
chauffeur (Current Employee) –  canadaDecember 3, 2014
mon avis c'est ajouter en travil comme chauffeur au canada ;j'ai une experience de 20 ans de conduir pois loure et pois leger et long voyage
Pros
respecter tout
Cons
me respectent