Located in Wellandport, Ontario, Robert Land Academy (RLA) is a highly structured not-for-profit Canadian private military boarding school that has provided a safe, healthy, living and learning environment for boys in grades 6-12 for over 35 years.
1. Works cooperatively as part of a team, and is always respectful of other staff, clients and stakeholders
2. Ensures the quality of food is outstanding each and every time and items are produced quickly and efficiently with pride and attention to detail
3. Ensures that sufficient product is prepared and is kept ready for service
4. Records meal, refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher temperatures
5. Employs sanitary practices in meal production and kitchen clean-up
6. Keeps the work area, utensils and production equipment in a clean, sanitized state
7. Remains thoroughly familiar with the causes of food poisoning and the methods of its prevention
8. Controls waste and spoilage
9. Assists all team members whenever needed
10. Performs all opening and closing assignments as instructed
11. Adheres to the cleaning schedules that are assigned
12. Perform additional duties as required by the Chef/Kitchen Manager
13. Demonstrates professionalism both on and off duty
14. Performs functions consistent with Workplace Health and Safety Guidelines
Applicants must provide satisfactory police clearance certificate, and be available to work assigned shifts (including weekends). Please include preference for full-time or part-time.
Preference will be given to those:
1. holding certified chef papers or related experience
2. Safe Food Handling Certificate
Pay Rates: Certified ($13-$17 / hr) | Un-Certified ($11-$16 / hr)
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
For further information and to apply online, visit: www.rla.ca/careers