Robert Half Employee Reviews

gap stigma
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON.13 September 2013
If you're a job seeker with gaps mainly by a few years, they'll question you about it and decide if you're a good enough worker to partake in jobs through Officeteam. Caution, they don't always make the right choice.
Pros
decent agency
Cons
stigma and decisive
Good place to work for temporary employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2013
This was a good place to be if you're in between jobs or want short term office employment. It was a good stepping stone into office work for me.
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2012
Accountemps was able to find me positions based on my qualifications and with really good companies.
Pros
able to get experience
Cons
contracted positions
acheives my goals in long term
data entry (Former Employee) –  edmonton17 December 2013
- happy and busy day
- Good Communication, team work and computer skills
- My co-workers should be friendly and reliable
- Nothing hard for me because I can handle everything in my job.
- Enjoy with my co-workers
Work to get temp worker jobs in a tough market
Temp worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 June 2012
Office team try to do their best for both their temp workers and the agencies they send them to. They work at the worker and office they are going to are a good fit.
Good people, good atmosphere
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 February 2013
Go through and sort mail and distribute. Date stamo invoices, enter invoices, answer vendor calls, file invoices, check others coworkers batches, resolve payment issues.
Pros
work half hour later each day to have half day friday's all year
A good start for a newcomer like me.
Contractual Tax Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary22 July 2014
Im learning a lot about Canadian Taxation laws.
My co-workers are friendly and very accommodating.
I receive holiday pay even if Im assigned on a contractual basis.
Pros
Proximity of workplace
Cons
Not a permanent job
Rewarding
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2014
Worked for various contracts while employed at Robert Half. Each one has been rewarding in the different environments I have worked in.
Great placements
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 March 2014
I found that the Office Team personnel always found a placement for me very quickly.
I didn't have to wait too long between postings.
Pros
Quick in placements
Cons
low salaries
The recuriting agency
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2013
Need to go through the agent to find temp positions

keep on following up with the agent to get a job
Pros
can have access to big companies
Variety
CSR and Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 April 2014
When I worked as a Customer Service Representative, I was working in a business that made food packaging, the orders came via phone, e-mail or fax.

I had entered the customer's order depending on who needed their order first as the system they were working with worked FIFO (fist in first out), as well as entering parts on machines that they sold. Some of the parts for the machines were coming from Germany so I needed to first confirm if we had the parts, if we didn't I needed to know how quickly they need the parts. If they could wait 2 weeks I would then enter the order and another CSR would take care of the shipment, if we had the parts it was a straight order.

The hardest part of the job was making sure that one of their customers had the appropriate PO in order for us to order their products, especially when they always insisted that they needed the product and that the PO would arrive later, which wasn't part of the agreement we had with them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see the end result of the products that they distributed to grocery stores, knowing that I had sent them that product in order for them to put their food products on or in.

When I worked as the Accounts Payable Clerk it was for a manufacturing plant where I verified the invoices with their data base of inventory that they received and marked the correct parts on the invoice with their inventory for that region.

After entering the invoices I filed them in their proper place, if there were any discrepancies I would e-mail the proper person for that region and file
  more... a claim number, and follow up with them if I hadn't heard anything back in a week.

I received a weekly e-mail from my supervisor indicating which vendor needed to be paid. I would print the spreadsheet off and gather the invoices that needed to be paid and printed the cheques.

Once the cheques were printed depending on the amount, it required one or two signatures. If a second signature was needed it was placed in a slot with the spreadsheet and it was signed by the end of the day. Once the cheques were signed, the other cheques from the other regions were given to me, after sorting them to and gathering those that were going to the same company I had placed them into piles, indicating to be mailed, picked up, to be sent by Purolator or Fed Ex. I e-mailed wire transfers and reconciled month end.

The hardest part of the job not getting too comfortable at a job as I didn't know how long I would be there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new computer software, the various management styles as well as how different manufacturing companies are run.
Pros
Learning how different companies run and interact with their employees
Cons
Assignements weren't long enough
Staff Support/Recruiter
Staffing Sales Support / Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga7 July 2014
- gained staffing on-boarding experience
- IT Recruitment experience
Productive and fast paced environment
Temporary AS4 Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2015
Productive and fast paced environment. Processing work orders, managing the Directors calender/organising meetings etc.
Well designed business model, good training and HR policies
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2014
A great place to work if you want to get into recruiting. Great training, good business model, great differentiating factors from competition, growth based on meritocracy.
Fun place to work
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 October 2013
First time working for an agency of this type, Professional and courteous staff, willing to always help when there is a problem.
Pros
fun and interesting people
Cons
pay role issues from their head office in Califoniia
Best Company
Account receivable agent and collector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 August 2014
Will organized. and punctual,
one of the hardest part of the job is that when you gut only temporary assignment
Best thing in working with them is when they trust you, you ll be in top of the list
They were good at finding me placements
Data Entry Clerk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, mb28 January 2013
I worked for many different businesses and learned many different computer programs. When I had an enhanced security clearance I work for a lot of government departments.
Busy and Fun office
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2014
I enjoyed working at RHT.
New challenges every day and it keeps you busy
Pros
downtown location, easy to get to customers meetings
Cons
Long hour and high turnaround
Productive and fun
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Administrative/Receptionist26 August 2014
They help you find work easily, and quickly always placing you in an environment that works best for your professional needs.
Great work experience
Temporary Contract to CMHA Durham (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON15 January 2014
Was a great working experience, but contract ended and nothing followed up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Half. Our community is ready to answer.