Robert Half Employee Reviews

I often experience the pressure that the clients place on me because of the high rate wage, which I am not actually paid for.
Legal Assistant/ Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2014
This employer is an agency and has its own upsides and down sides. It has high job security and offers a variety of different type of work places, but it pays far too low rate compared to the rate they charge.
Pros
High job security and diversity
Cons
Lower rate salary than actual market rate
Don't let their name recognition fool you
candidate (Former Employee) –  West end, GTA22 February 2014
Definitely not one of the better recruiters. Dishonest to candidates, shifty behaviour, focused on the quick payout - if you register for both temp and permanent work, don't bother even dreaming they will find you something permanent. Don't care about behaviour of their clients towards candidates, just as long as they are getting income. Their commission rates are ridiculous compared to other recruiters so you will be scrutinized that much more and less likely to get extended and/or hired in a full-time role.
Pros
useful resources
Cons
see comments, enough said!
Workable and nice atmosphere
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey,BC11 February 2014
It was a good experience working in Centre For Child Development.I learned to do filling and maintaining all the records. Hardest job over there was to maintain the records all new alphabetical order.The most enjoyable job was indexing all the files.
Productive and exposure to various industries
Accounting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2014
Was able to design and create a working multi-tasking ability specially that there are two companies that I am working on. Each company has its own peculiar operation in dealing with vendors and customers, two different purchasing system and two distinct chart of accounts.

I have high regards with management personnel of this two companies, they have interlocking functions yet they were able to function as one.

My co-workers are great and gives each and everyone the support needed to met our objective.

Conflict of ideas could not be avoided in any organization but it eventually resulted in a healthy resolution making it enjoyable and knowledge-gaining experience.
Great work opporunities with varied Accounting roles and projects
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2014
In my role as an Accounting Clerk at Robert Half Finance and Accounting, I primarily worked on a long-term work assignment at Amovo Workplace Environments after which I had the opportunity to transfer to Amovo Inc. on a full time basis.

In my role as an Accounting Clerk, I had performed successful creations of quotes as per client design approval and converted these quotes into purchase orders to be transmitted electronically to vendors.

I have meticulously verified product details on purchase orders by cross checking vendor product acknowledgements with the generated sales orders. Subsequently reported major discrepancies to vendors. Subsequently, coordinated shipment information between sales and production ensuring adherence to deadlines on major client projects namely various Ministries and law firms

In addition, I have Independently managed company payables, receivables, supplies and overall cash flow for daily operating activities.
Pros
Varied work assignments
Cons
Salary/benefits
Great work experience
Temporary Contract to CMHA Durham (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON15 January 2014
Was a great working experience, but contract ended and nothing followed up.
acheives my goals in long term
data entry (Former Employee) –  edmonton17 December 2013
- happy and busy day
- Good Communication, team work and computer skills
- My co-workers should be friendly and reliable
- Nothing hard for me because I can handle everything in my job.
- Enjoy with my co-workers
Excellent Recruiters
Staffing Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga9 December 2013
Great company to work for, learned a lot and had lots of fun at the same time!
Professional and Educaitonal Work Place
Recruiter/ Financial Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 November 2013
Ottawa's branch possesses some of the most skilled and respected recruiters and staffing consultants in the industry.

Hard working, extremely knowledgeable and well put together staff who dwells upon success and aiding those around them.
Full time work on short notice
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 November 2013
Robert Half is a temporary staffing agency that connected me to a couple positions in Winnipeg before going on maternity leave. Now that I'm getting ready to go back to work, they've agreed to connect me to employers in Edmonton. It is exciting to meet people at various companies and do different kinds of work, but it would be better to have more job security in the long run.
lack of accountability
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 November 2013
there are great people at Robert Half in administration and in non-competing departments (and other offices) but there is a serious lack of integrity among co-workers that I had the unfortunate luck to collaborate with. I would not risk my reputation as that become more evident. I value the people that count on me for a job and trust me not to mislead them or use them as pawns.
Pros
opportunties
Cons
culture
Terrible Experience with Accountemps
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Vaughan24 October 2013
NO guarantee.......this will go FT....the recruiters tell you it may go FT..not the case. I was tired of this....Contract...Temp work... FT is what I want...
Fun place to work
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 October 2013
First time working for an agency of this type, Professional and courteous staff, willing to always help when there is a problem.
Pros
fun and interesting people
Cons
pay role issues from their head office in Califoniia
Not a good agency
temp (Former Employee) –  downtown16 September 2013
This company only cares about their commission...they dont look after you ...I had a bad experience with this agency and they will only look after you if you are working as a temp for them..can you imagine they get paid by the company for $30 per hour and you only get $15 per hour ...and you dont even get paid for civic holidays ...accounttemps and robert half are rip off company!!!
gap stigma
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON.13 September 2013
If you're a job seeker with gaps mainly by a few years, they'll question you about it and decide if you're a good enough worker to partake in jobs through Officeteam. Caution, they don't always make the right choice.
Pros
decent agency
Cons
stigma and decisive
Can say yes or no to jobs
Temp Work (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2013
Contract work

Filing, creating spreadsheets, data entry. SAP accounts payable department at FortisBC
Pros
pick own jobs
Cons
Not always working
Flexibility to work when I want
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  North York, ON5 September 2013
I appreciate the work/life balance. I really enjoy meeting new people and learning about companies and their values. Co-workers are usually happy to help you settle in and familiarize you with the position. A typical day at work is often filled with new things to do. If it is long term assignment that I really felt comfortable doing the hardest part is leaving. The most enjoyable part of a position is being asked to return.
Pros
learning new skills, online training to upgrade my skills
Cons
work varies and sometimes there's nothing availableI
Good place to work for temporary employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2013
This was a good place to be if you're in between jobs or want short term office employment. It was a good stepping stone into office work for me.
quick
Service Coordination / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  downtown21 August 2013
Nice people, quick at finding jobs, just too much short contracts.
Excellent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 August 2013
I enjoyed working with The Halton Healthcare Services. I worked 8:30am to 5pm everyday.

I gained work experience in the operations of Medical Administration.

The Management team was great and all the co-workers were also great.

I enjoyed all aspect of the job.