Robert Half Employee Reviews in Canada

Very disappointed, they do not stand by their employees
Ex-Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2012
I was at a position for over 3 weeks with great reviews then one lady came back from holidays and within 1 hour I was horrible, how can you go from great to bad in 1 hour because one person comes back from holidays, and rather than take the 3 weeks prior great results and reports, they took the side of the company, did not stand by me what so ever.

Another one I was supposed to go to for 6mnths and I even turned down another job for it, fell through because they did not keep in contact with the company in Calgary rather than the one in Toronto because the one in Calgary had already hired someone for the position, I showed up the first day of work and no one knew who I was and what I was supposed to be doing there.

Not only cost me 6mnths worth of pay but another position.

I have been working since I was 12yrs and have NEVER been fired or had a bad review.

Then they told me that they were in the business to make money, not promote that it was up to the individual to promote, I mean holy the whole reason in going to these type of companies is for them to promote you and your experiences.

I also kept telling them I am not an accountant in anyway yet they kept putting me forth for those positions and of course I was never chosen for them....cause gheesh I AM NOT AN ACCOUNTANT, then they said that was my fault...like holy again, I never said I was.

I just found that they do not stand by the people they put out there and I find that very sad, even the Gov and their issues stood by me more.

I would never recommend anyone to these people.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Extremely professional and enjoyable atmosphere.
Operational Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 12, 2013
i learnt how to handle guests requests and inquiries it was a pleasure helping customers flying from all over the world. I met so many new people and delightful people who were very exceptional people who just needed some help in getting to their destinations. The team atmosphere was brilliant and the managers were always available to help me out.
Had Interview
Tech Support with Compu Com (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 7, 2014
Robert Half is a thief employment agency. They rip off the employees. I had interview for a technical support position and I had to sign a contract for one year with Robert Half and the pay was $13.00/hr. Another employment agency the same position were paying $15.00/hr. I guess the actual pay was $17.00/hr.
Pros
nothing
Cons
thieves, rip off
Not a good agency
temp (Former Employee) –  downtownSeptember 16, 2013
This company only cares about their commission...they dont look after you ...I had a bad experience with this agency and they will only look after you if you are working as a temp for them..can you imagine they get paid by the company for $30 per hour and you only get $15 per hour ...and you dont even get paid for civic holidays ...accounttemps and robert half are rip off company!!!
A good company to start your career
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2014
If you're new to Canada, you should probably start browsing for a job with Robert Half company. They have a huge bank of vacations, and will find a position that would be the right fit for you.
Rewarding
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 3, 2014
Worked for various contracts while employed at Robert Half. Each one has been rewarding in the different environments I have worked in.
Sales and job orders
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, OntarioMay 29, 2014
A day at work at RH is, pounding the phone and calling potential clients to assist them with recruiting process within the organization. The afternoon you attend scheduled meetings with clients that you are actively working with or potential client. The goal is to place great candidates and growth your business.
Don't care about their temps
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 31, 2013
They are of the attitude that they are god to you and they control your life. They don't appreciate talent when it walks through the door and make you feel little so you'll take less pay which means more money in their pocket when they still bill you out at the same rate. No values here.
Professional and Educaitonal Work Place
Recruiter/ Financial Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 19, 2013
Ottawa's branch possesses some of the most skilled and respected recruiters and staffing consultants in the industry.

Hard working, extremely knowledgeable and well put together staff who dwells upon success and aiding those around them.
Well designed business model, good training and HR policies
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 7, 2014
A great place to work if you want to get into recruiting. Great training, good business model, great differentiating factors from competition, growth based on meritocracy.
Fun place to work. Flexibility.
Various clerical positions. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJanuary 4, 2012
Enjoy working temporary to balance work and home life. Companies where I am placed are excellent work places and close to home.
Pros
flexible work hours.
A good start for a newcomer like me.
Contractual Tax Assistant (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 22, 2014
Im learning a lot about Canadian Taxation laws.
My co-workers are friendly and very accommodating.
I receive holiday pay even if Im assigned on a contractual basis.
Pros
proximity of workplace
Cons
not a permanent job
Temporary assignments
Office Assistant. (Former Employee) –  VancouverSeptember 11, 2012
I was employed to work on various temporary office assignments which included everything from taking calls, to typing up legal correspondence for one particular client.
Pros
it was varied and interesting to be exposed to several types of office environments.
Cons
no security.
Review
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioAugust 8, 2012
Working for different industries and being forced to learn to adapt to changing environments. Practicing administrative skills constantly and always gaining further experience. Always improving one's self.
Pros
new places to work everyday
Cons
no job consistency
acheives my goals in long term
data entry (Former Employee) –  edmontonDecember 17, 2013
- happy and busy day
- Good Communication, team work and computer skills
- My co-workers should be friendly and reliable
- Nothing hard for me because I can handle everything in my job.
- Enjoy with my co-workers
Terrible Experience with Accountemps
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  VaughanOctober 24, 2013
NO guarantee.......this will go FT....the recruiters tell you it may go FT..not the case. I was tired of this....Contract...Temp work... FT is what I want...
Good place to work for temporary employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 29, 2013
This was a good place to be if you're in between jobs or want short term office employment. It was a good stepping stone into office work for me.
Workable and nice atmosphere
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey,BCFebruary 11, 2014
It was a good experience working in Centre For Child Development.I learned to do filling and maintaining all the records. Hardest job over there was to maintain the records all new alphabetical order.The most enjoyable job was indexing all the files.
I love working here and staff are more helpull for all i need
DATA ENTRY (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba, CanadaMarch 30, 2012
Staff are friendly and professional in so many way.
Their keeping me uptoday what going on and what available for me. The on line training are more helpull for me.
Busy and Fun office
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 26, 2014
I enjoyed working at RHT.
New challenges every day and it keeps you busy
Pros
downtown location, easy to get to customers meetings
Cons
long hour and high turnaround