Robert Half Employee Reviews

Busy and Fun office
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2014
I enjoyed working at RHT.
New challenges every day and it keeps you busy
Pros
downtown location, easy to get to customers meetings
Cons
Long hour and high turnaround
Productive and fun
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Administrative/Receptionist26 August 2014
They help you find work easily, and quickly always placing you in an environment that works best for your professional needs.
Exceptional Professionalism
Law Clerk/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 August 2014
Robert Half is a temporary placement agency. I have been placed with some very good companies, where I have been able to learn a lot about various company cultures and picking up very valuable skills and information that I never knew before. That is the best part of the job. Also, when a contract has ended, I leave each company on good terms, with solid contacts should I ever need to call on them for references, charitable donations/sponsorship ect. The management team at Robert Half are very helpful, always ready to get me on assignments.
Fraudulent jobs, loooooow pay, accusatory placement people
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta10 August 2014
Bad experience with OT. Jobs on the internet DO NOT EXIST. Worked at one placement for low pay and was fired and accused of theft.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, dishonest, throw you under the bus and then ignore you
Best Company
Account receivable agent and collector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 August 2014
Will organized. and punctual,
one of the hardest part of the job is that when you gut only temporary assignment
Best thing in working with them is when they trust you, you ll be in top of the list
Had Interview
Tech Support with Compu Com (Former Employee) –  Mississauga7 August 2014
Robert Half is a thief employment agency. They rip off the employees. I had interview for a technical support position and I had to sign a contract for one year with Robert Half and the pay was $13.00/hr. Another employment agency the same position were paying $15.00/hr. I guess the actual pay was $17.00/hr.
Pros
Cons
Thieves, rip off
Loved working from home office
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON1 August 2014
I was solely responsible for all the administrative and accounting related work as I work from home. I enjoyed being the part of MCFCF though for short period of time because I got to learn that new ways of helping the world direct from my home. My typical day at work started 9am in the morning. The first thing I did was created a worksheet of important tasks that need to be dealt with for example dead line for payments and bank withdrawals, mailing tax receipts and other important documents. Although working from home I am very organized. The hardest part of the job is to make those important phone calls where they put you on hold for hours.
Productive Fun and Good Team Environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario26 July 2014
My Typical Day at work was busy on some days and other quite no constant.
I learned to Configure IP Phones/Time Clocks/Red Button Alarms/LPDA/PDAS/Radio Frequencies/Wireless Devices/Routers/Cabling/Various Operating Systems/Different Software.
All Co-Workers were nice and helpful.
Trying to keep up with all the work and Timing Myself.
The team the people at work and the learning process that came with the Job. The Team made the job more pleasant and encouraged me to learn everything on the Job.
Pros
Teamwork/Learning Process
Cons
Activities diminished toward end of Contract
A good start for a newcomer like me.
Contractual Tax Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary22 July 2014
Im learning a lot about Canadian Taxation laws.
My co-workers are friendly and very accommodating.
I receive holiday pay even if Im assigned on a contractual basis.
Pros
Proximity of workplace
Cons
Not a permanent job
Staff Support/Recruiter
Staffing Sales Support / Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga7 July 2014
- gained staffing on-boarding experience
- IT Recruitment experience
No loyalty at all
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario Canada19 June 2014
Robert Half is not a very loyal company to work for. Too many lines of business calling in to the same companies looking to sell their services. I have friends who have been bombarded by all of their divisions and will not use them at all. Very high turnover rate internally and support for growth is minimal. Very little praise or recognition for job well done, yet when things don't well you hear about it immediately.
Pros
Nice title and that is it
Cons
Culture, no loyalty
Sales and job orders
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, Ontario29 May 2014
A day at work at RH is, pounding the phone and calling potential clients to assist them with recruiting process within the organization. The afternoon you attend scheduled meetings with clients that you are actively working with or potential client. The goal is to place great candidates and growth your business.
Engaging and fun teamwork
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2014
A typical day at work is hard but it's enjoyable because of the challenges that arise and the comforting atmosphere where people are wanting to help if you have any problems. I would come in and grab a tea from the kitchen, sit down in a cubicle and commence my work. I've learned that everyone's work in the office is connected and what I mean by this is that there are many divisions in the company and they all work together to help an individual get a job and on Mondays they always congratulate the teams that have done well and give encouragement to the other teams to keep up the good work. My co-workers are amazing and they're really helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job I would say is trying to stay focused sometimes because sitting in that cubicle from 9-5 is kind of tiring and I would say the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and enjoying the atmosphere of different personalities.
Pros
The hour lunch
Dependable agency
Reception/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2014
This company was huge in Calgary, and could find me work consistently. The best part was constantly being able to learn new things, and being able to change the job I was working at, I could go to a new place every week if that's what I wanted, and it was nice to know that if the job you were at liked you, they'd ask Robert Half to extend your contract. The worst part, was knowing that if I have a 3 week contract, even if I loved the job, and the person who was being covered while on vacation was coming back, that I would not be able to stay, and would need to start over at a new place.
Variety
CSR and Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 April 2014
When I worked as a Customer Service Representative, I was working in a business that made food packaging, the orders came via phone, e-mail or fax.

I had entered the customer's order depending on who needed their order first as the system they were working with worked FIFO (fist in first out), as well as entering parts on machines that they sold. Some of the parts for the machines were coming from Germany so I needed to first confirm if we had the parts, if we didn't I needed to know how quickly they need the parts. If they could wait 2 weeks I would then enter the order and another CSR would take care of the shipment, if we had the parts it was a straight order.

The hardest part of the job was making sure that one of their customers had the appropriate PO in order for us to order their products, especially when they always insisted that they needed the product and that the PO would arrive later, which wasn't part of the agreement we had with them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see the end result of the products that they distributed to grocery stores, knowing that I had sent them that product in order for them to put their food products on or in.

When I worked as the Accounts Payable Clerk it was for a manufacturing plant where I verified the invoices with their data base of inventory that they received and marked the correct parts on the invoice with their inventory for that region.

After entering the invoices I filed them in their proper place, if there were any discrepancies I would e-mail the proper person for that region and file
  more... a claim number, and follow up with them if I hadn't heard anything back in a week.

I received a weekly e-mail from my supervisor indicating which vendor needed to be paid. I would print the spreadsheet off and gather the invoices that needed to be paid and printed the cheques.

Once the cheques were printed depending on the amount, it required one or two signatures. If a second signature was needed it was placed in a slot with the spreadsheet and it was signed by the end of the day. Once the cheques were signed, the other cheques from the other regions were given to me, after sorting them to and gathering those that were going to the same company I had placed them into piles, indicating to be mailed, picked up, to be sent by Purolator or Fed Ex. I e-mailed wire transfers and reconciled month end.

The hardest part of the job not getting too comfortable at a job as I didn't know how long I would be there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new computer software, the various management styles as well as how different manufacturing companies are run.
Pros
Learning how different companies run and interact with their employees
Cons
Assignements weren't long enough
Professional, energized and comfortable place to work.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2014
Review the days work. Organize, priortize and allocate any work that needs further information.
Start my invoice batches, separated by which company the invoice belongs too and if it is intercompany.
Key in invoices, print invoice register and proof reading enteries.
Assist others with enquiries and answer vendors questions.
Prepare cheque run of invoices, do quick cheques of urgent payments needed and prepare cheques for government remitances.
Not worth a lip
employee (Former Employee) –  Waterloo26 March 2014
Signed up with Accountemps years ago, in all this time they placed me on one 6 weeks long assignment with Open Text. Then when it ran out I phoned them to say the assignment is over and the recruiter goes "Why? What happen?" As if I've done something to end it, the tone of her voice was kind of accusatory. Then the Open Text asked for me again because they were impressed but I've found another job with a different placement agency, oh hell I may as well name them It was Prior Resources and I worked for them for over 3 years, never ran out of placements and they even nominated me an employee of the month. Accountemps not a chance. Nor recommended. Why do they keep putting these jobs up over and over? I'm sure they received a slur of resumes and still didn't fill the position? Kind of fishy. How can the same job be available month after month?
Pros
Cons
everything
Great placements
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 March 2014
I found that the Office Team personnel always found a placement for me very quickly.
I didn't have to wait too long between postings.
Pros
Quick in placements
Cons
low salaries
NO BALANCE
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 March 2014
No comments on the work/life balance. No comment on Job security or culture.
Pros
Cons
no comment
They gave me some very good contracts.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2014
Being a contractor is a constant learning process, as each new company always has a different computer program that they use and must be learned quickly. Since the positions are usually for maternity leave, vacation cover off or just to assist in catching up on the back logs, its a challenge to keep up with constant change of co-workers, positions, travel and duties expected. They used to be a lot busier back in the day, but now it seems many companies have found their permanent employees and in office replacements and cover offs. There are no raises though, and there are no benefits included. If you pass on a contract that's offered, you may be waiting a very long time before another one comes along.