No promise followed through at placement.
Pros: kept busy for 40 hours+ a week and my resume is not blank for that time period.
Cons: negative experience at long term placement.
* Promoted from receptionist to accounting.
* Poor wages.
* Worked over 40 hours many times for 30 to 60 minutes and was never compensated.
* Led to believe extra minutes would lead to hire, but never was.
* Poorly matched with companies based upon skill and experience level.
* Critiqued beyond normal standards to feed insecurities.
* Biggest mistake – more... was not leaving temp agency sooner and feeling that the managers at the placement were in charge of my career.
* That being said, If I had to use the agency again, I would quit shortly after the first deadline for hire passed. Nothing is worth being used to meet company need while not being treated fairly and equally to other workers. – less