Robert Half Employee Reviews

An opportuniy to make you yourself.
Commission Auditor - Walton International (Former Employee) –  calgary28 May 2012
It is a client oriented company where managers and staff forget that candidates are as important for the business as their clients.

In my experience managers were disorganized, I received a complaining call because I was supposed to show up in a client's office when I never received the assignment and I got the notice after I stop the person on the phone and I aware her about what happened.
When I was finishing my assignment just about to start my maternity leave I received another call asking me if I was willing to change job and start in a full time position right away.
Pros
exposure to big companies
Cons
low salaries
Frauds
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2012
I would never ever recommend Robert Half/Office Team! I registered with them years ago and registered a few years ago. They have never contacted me, nor do they never return my calls for bogus jobs they post. They advertise jobs that don't exist, wasted my time by having me do hours worth of testing and then filed my file in the twilight zone. I know someone who works there and she told me that RB/OT was more focused on populating their database than actually placing people. They are known as the worst placement agency in the city of Calgary.
Pros
nothing pro about this company
Cons
they spent more time signing people up then finding jobs or people.
Flexibility to work when I want
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  North York, ON5 September 2013
I appreciate the work/life balance. I really enjoy meeting new people and learning about companies and their values. Co-workers are usually happy to help you settle in and familiarize you with the position. A typical day at work is often filled with new things to do. If it is long term assignment that I really felt comfortable doing the hardest part is leaving. The most enjoyable part of a position is being asked to return.
Pros
learning new skills, online training to upgrade my skills
Cons
work varies and sometimes there's nothing availableI
Productive and exposure to various industries
Accounting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2014
Was able to design and create a working multi-tasking ability specially that there are two companies that I am working on. Each company has its own peculiar operation in dealing with vendors and customers, two different purchasing system and two distinct chart of accounts.

I have high regards with management personnel of this two companies, they have interlocking functions yet they were able to function as one.

My co-workers are great and gives each and everyone the support needed to met our objective.

Conflict of ideas could not be avoided in any organization but it eventually resulted in a healthy resolution making it enjoyable and knowledge-gaining experience.
Temporary placements to differing office positions.
Temporary Positions (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2012
The most enjoyable part of a temporary agency was that it got me back into the work force after my husband passed. I really needed to leave my home and forcus on something other than my loss.

Most of the co-workers were easy to be around since my position was mainly to assist where necessary and I was not in a position to give any of them competition.

Managers were extremely amicable.
Pros
social contact
Extremely professional and enjoyable atmosphere.
Operational Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 August 2013
i learnt how to handle guests requests and inquiries it was a pleasure helping customers flying from all over the world. I met so many new people and delightful people who were very exceptional people who just needed some help in getting to their destinations. The team atmosphere was brilliant and the managers were always available to help me out.
lack of accountability
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 November 2013
there are great people at Robert Half in administration and in non-competing departments (and other offices) but there is a serious lack of integrity among co-workers that I had the unfortunate luck to collaborate with. I would not risk my reputation as that become more evident. I value the people that count on me for a job and trust me not to mislead them or use them as pawns.
Pros
opportunties
Cons
culture
I often experience the pressure that the clients place on me because of the high rate wage, which I am not actually paid for.
Legal Assistant/ Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2014
This employer is an agency and has its own upsides and down sides. It has high job security and offers a variety of different type of work places, but it pays far too low rate compared to the rate they charge.
Pros
High job security and diversity
Cons
Lower rate salary than actual market rate
Full time work on short notice
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 November 2013
Robert Half is a temporary staffing agency that connected me to a couple positions in Winnipeg before going on maternity leave. Now that I'm getting ready to go back to work, they've agreed to connect me to employers in Edmonton. It is exciting to meet people at various companies and do different kinds of work, but it would be better to have more job security in the long run.
Not worth a lip
employee (Former Employee) –  Waterloo26 March 2014
Signed up with Accountemps years ago, in all this time they placed me on one 6 weeks long assignment with Open Text. Then when it ran out I phoned them to say the assignment is over and the recruiter goes "Why? What happen?" As if I've done something to end it, the tone of her voice was kind of accusatory. Then the Open Text asked for me again because they were impressed but I've found another job with a different placement agency, oh hell I may as well name them It was Prior Resources and I worked for them for over 3 years, never ran out of placements and they even nominated me an employee of the month. Accountemps not a chance. Nor recommended. Why do they keep putting these jobs up over and over? I'm sure they received a slur of resumes and still didn't fill the position? Kind of fishy. How can the same job be available month after month?
Pros
Cons
everything
Not a good agency
temp (Former Employee) –  downtown16 September 2013
This company only cares about their commission...they dont look after you ...I had a bad experience with this agency and they will only look after you if you are working as a temp for them..can you imagine they get paid by the company for $30 per hour and you only get $15 per hour ...and you dont even get paid for civic holidays ...accounttemps and robert half are rip off company!!!
You work with great fun people
Sr. Consultant, App Development (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 April 2015
Depends on the field of work could be very stressful or fun.
The job culture is great, and most people are great to work with.
My office had a lot of fun activities that most employees participated in.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Workload could be too much
Working with Robert Half - Humber River Regional Hospital Foundation
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2012
My assignment at Humber River Regional Hospital Foundation (HRRH) was through Robert Half (Office Team)

The typical day at the office started with checking of emails and taking action on them if any. Updating files on Raisers' Edge and other regular office work.

I learned taking minutes, a task which I thought was not my forte and with the help of the management and my immediate supervisor I was able to take minutes very comfortably.

My co-workers were very helpful since the day I walked into the officer. There was no time during my stay at the HRRH that i was treated like a temp..

There was no such part as the hardest part of the job as I was guided throughout my stay at HRRH

All work at the HRRH was enjoy able especially when being taught about the Raisers' Edge and the amazing parts of the program.
Had Interview
Tech Support with Compu Com (Former Employee) –  Mississauga7 August 2014
Robert Half is a thief employment agency. They rip off the employees. I had interview for a technical support position and I had to sign a contract for one year with Robert Half and the pay was $13.00/hr. Another employment agency the same position were paying $15.00/hr. I guess the actual pay was $17.00/hr.
Pros
Cons
Thieves, rip off
Sales and job orders
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, Ontario29 May 2014
A day at work at RH is, pounding the phone and calling potential clients to assist them with recruiting process within the organization. The afternoon you attend scheduled meetings with clients that you are actively working with or potential client. The goal is to place great candidates and growth your business.
N/A
Customer Service/Clerical and Administration (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2015
Its good agency to work with as they place you with respectable and reputable top clients and organizations. What I learned is that, we work according to our own pace.
Pros
Some clients have half day on fridays and casual fridays.
Cons
Some clients work full day fridays
Professional and Educaitonal Work Place
Recruiter/ Financial Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 November 2013
Ottawa's branch possesses some of the most skilled and respected recruiters and staffing consultants in the industry.

Hard working, extremely knowledgeable and well put together staff who dwells upon success and aiding those around them.
Don't care about their temps
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2013
They are of the attitude that they are god to you and they control your life. They don't appreciate talent when it walks through the door and make you feel little so you'll take less pay which means more money in their pocket when they still bill you out at the same rate. No values here.
Temporary assignments
Office Assistant. (Former Employee) –  Vancouver11 September 2012
I was employed to work on various temporary office assignments which included everything from taking calls, to typing up legal correspondence for one particular client.
Pros
it was varied and interesting to be exposed to several types of office environments.
Cons
no security.
Review
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario8 August 2012
Working for different industries and being forced to learn to adapt to changing environments. Practicing administrative skills constantly and always gaining further experience. Always improving one's self.
Pros
new places to work everyday
Cons
no job consistency