Robert Half Employee Reviews

No assigned work!
graphic designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2015
The recruiter don't seems like actively finding me a job. Even if I already signed the contract last month. Just lose my hope in agencies. WORST EVER!
Pros
Cons
Worst agency! Don't try it!!
You work with great fun people
Sr. Consultant, App Development (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 April 2015
Depends on the field of work could be very stressful or fun.
The job culture is great, and most people are great to work with.
My office had a lot of fun activities that most employees participated in.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Workload could be too much
Fraudulent jobs, loooooow pay, accusatory placement people
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta10 August 2014
Bad experience with OT. Jobs on the internet DO NOT EXIST. Worked at one placement for low pay and was fired and accused of theft.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, dishonest, throw you under the bus and then ignore you
An opportuniy to make you yourself.
Commission Auditor - Walton International (Former Employee) –  calgary28 May 2012
It is a client oriented company where managers and staff forget that candidates are as important for the business as their clients.

In my experience managers were disorganized, I received a complaining call because I was supposed to show up in a client's office when I never received the assignment and I got the notice after I stop the person on the phone and I aware her about what happened.
When I was finishing my assignment just about to start my maternity leave I received another call asking me if I was willing to change job and start in a full time position right away.
Pros
exposure to big companies
Cons
low salaries
Frauds
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2012
I would never ever recommend Robert Half/Office Team! I registered with them years ago and registered a few years ago. They have never contacted me, nor do they never return my calls for bogus jobs they post. They advertise jobs that don't exist, wasted my time by having me do hours worth of testing and then filed my file in the twilight zone. I know someone who works there and she told me that RB/OT was more focused on populating their database than actually placing people. They are known as the worst placement agency in the city of Calgary.
Pros
nothing pro about this company
Cons
they spent more time signing people up then finding jobs or people.
Working with different companies and different people allowed me to learn and apply new skills and information in a short period of time.
Placement Agency - Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2015
Office Team has been great to work for, they take a lot of the guessing out of the employment game by pre-screening applicants and employers.
Excellent communication with handler.
AA/Project Coordinator to AVP Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2014
Place of work congenial, Management was excellent. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. A joy to go to work in the mornings.
Pros
Excellent Management style
Cons
to short an assignment.
Loved working from home office
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON1 August 2014
I was solely responsible for all the administrative and accounting related work as I work from home. I enjoyed being the part of MCFCF though for short period of time because I got to learn that new ways of helping the world direct from my home. My typical day at work started 9am in the morning. The first thing I did was created a worksheet of important tasks that need to be dealt with for example dead line for payments and bank withdrawals, mailing tax receipts and other important documents. Although working from home I am very organized. The hardest part of the job is to make those important phone calls where they put you on hold for hours.
Excellent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 August 2013
I enjoyed working with The Halton Healthcare Services. I worked 8:30am to 5pm everyday.

I gained work experience in the operations of Medical Administration.

The Management team was great and all the co-workers were also great.

I enjoyed all aspect of the job.
Overworked & Underpaid
Office Manager & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
Overworked, underpaid, recruiters that don't care....dare I say typical? If you've ever worked for RH then you know. They employ you but take half of your pay cheque - hence the name.
Contractor
Payroll Analyst/Corporate Time Keeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2015
Great company to work for. Always have perfect positions available and variety based on your income needs. Recruiters are always available for their clients and staff.
Different & Interesting
Property Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 August 2015
Each work assignment is interesting cause you get to meet new people and work in different locations. You can learn lot of different experience in workload. The greatest part you can learn new skills and show off your skills with co-workers.
Pros
Meeting new people and new locations.
Cons
Waiting for assignments
Professional and Helpful
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto,Ontario4 October 2014
Ok folks we have a wonderful team coming out of the Toronto branch that are the best of the best. Professional and helpful beyond this company will help you advance and will also provide training by way of online courses. I have the utmost respect for these folks as they are doing there job and helping others with some great opportunities. Would work for this company again and enjoy the team - just the best. Rochelle
Pros
Opportunities and great team of recruiters
Cons
wish i wasn't temp as i would like to work for them direct
Dependable agency
Reception/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2014
This company was huge in Calgary, and could find me work consistently. The best part was constantly being able to learn new things, and being able to change the job I was working at, I could go to a new place every week if that's what I wanted, and it was nice to know that if the job you were at liked you, they'd ask Robert Half to extend your contract. The worst part, was knowing that if I have a 3 week contract, even if I loved the job, and the person who was being covered while on vacation was coming back, that I would not be able to stay, and would need to start over at a new place.
It was a job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 October 2015
It was just a job
It was temp work
It was short term work
The pay was not good
There was no guaranteed hours
I had to bounce around from job to job
Pros
It was a temp job
Cons
The pay was not good
Productive Fun and Good Team Environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario26 July 2014
My Typical Day at work was busy on some days and other quite no constant.
I learned to Configure IP Phones/Time Clocks/Red Button Alarms/LPDA/PDAS/Radio Frequencies/Wireless Devices/Routers/Cabling/Various Operating Systems/Different Software.
All Co-Workers were nice and helpful.
Trying to keep up with all the work and Timing Myself.
The team the people at work and the learning process that came with the Job. The Team made the job more pleasant and encouraged me to learn everything on the Job.
Pros
Teamwork/Learning Process
Cons
Activities diminished toward end of Contract
Fun and friendly workplace,
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 November 2015
Was placed with a few interesting employers. Enjoyed working with all the staff at Robert Half. Was fast-paced and very outgoing. I definitely would recommend working with this company.
Don't let their name recognition fool you
candidate (Former Employee) –  West end, GTA22 February 2014
Definitely not one of the better recruiters. Dishonest to candidates, shifty behaviour, focused on the quick payout - if you register for both temp and permanent work, don't bother even dreaming they will find you something permanent. Don't care about behaviour of their clients towards candidates, just as long as they are getting income. Their commission rates are ridiculous compared to other recruiters so you will be scrutinized that much more and less likely to get extended and/or hired in a full-time role.
Pros
useful resources
Cons
see comments, enough said!
Good company to work for
Junior accountant/bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2015
Good company to work for, learned lots from working here, learned how to prepare journal entries, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchase invoices/sales invoices, prepare cashflow budgets, closing entries.
Great people who understand my needs
TEMPORARY ADMINISTRATIVE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2015
Robert Half Office Team have been great to me. They understand my passion and work around me to get me the top admin jobs in downtown Calgary.

86%