Robert Half Employee Reviews

Great Placement Agency
client (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2014
They worked hard for you to find the correct position for you
Pros
Great Staff
Excellent communication with handler.
AA/Project Coordinator to AVP Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2014
Place of work congenial, Management was excellent. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. A joy to go to work in the mornings.
Pros
Excellent Management style
Cons
to short an assignment.
A good company to start your career
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2014
If you're new to Canada, you should probably start browsing for a job with Robert Half company. They have a huge bank of vacations, and will find a position that would be the right fit for you.
Well designed business model, good training and HR policies
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2014
A great place to work if you want to get into recruiting. Great training, good business model, great differentiating factors from competition, growth based on meritocracy.
Professional and Helpful
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto,Ontario4 October 2014
Ok folks we have a wonderful team coming out of the Toronto branch that are the best of the best. Professional and helpful beyond this company will help you advance and will also provide training by way of online courses. I have the utmost respect for these folks as they are doing there job and helping others with some great opportunities. Would work for this company again and enjoy the team - just the best. Rochelle
Pros
Opportunities and great team of recruiters
Cons
wish i wasn't temp as i would like to work for them direct
Busy and Fun office
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2014
I enjoyed working at RHT.
New challenges every day and it keeps you busy
Pros
downtown location, easy to get to customers meetings
Cons
Long hour and high turnaround
Productive and fun
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Administrative/Receptionist26 August 2014
They help you find work easily, and quickly always placing you in an environment that works best for your professional needs.
Exceptional Professionalism
Law Clerk/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 August 2014
Robert Half is a temporary placement agency. I have been placed with some very good companies, where I have been able to learn a lot about various company cultures and picking up very valuable skills and information that I never knew before. That is the best part of the job. Also, when a contract has ended, I leave each company on good terms, with solid contacts should I ever need to call on them for references, charitable donations/sponsorship ect. The management team at Robert Half are very helpful, always ready to get me on assignments.
Fraudulent jobs, loooooow pay, accusatory placement people
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta10 August 2014
Bad experience with OT. Jobs on the internet DO NOT EXIST. Worked at one placement for low pay and was fired and accused of theft.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, dishonest, throw you under the bus and then ignore you
Best Company
Account receivable agent and collector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 August 2014
Will organized. and punctual,
one of the hardest part of the job is that when you gut only temporary assignment
Best thing in working with them is when they trust you, you ll be in top of the list
Had Interview
Tech Support with Compu Com (Former Employee) –  Mississauga7 August 2014
Robert Half is a thief employment agency. They rip off the employees. I had interview for a technical support position and I had to sign a contract for one year with Robert Half and the pay was $13.00/hr. Another employment agency the same position were paying $15.00/hr. I guess the actual pay was $17.00/hr.
Pros
Cons
Thieves, rip off
Loved working from home office
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON1 August 2014
I was solely responsible for all the administrative and accounting related work as I work from home. I enjoyed being the part of MCFCF though for short period of time because I got to learn that new ways of helping the world direct from my home. My typical day at work started 9am in the morning. The first thing I did was created a worksheet of important tasks that need to be dealt with for example dead line for payments and bank withdrawals, mailing tax receipts and other important documents. Although working from home I am very organized. The hardest part of the job is to make those important phone calls where they put you on hold for hours.
Productive Fun and Good Team Environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario26 July 2014
My Typical Day at work was busy on some days and other quite no constant.
I learned to Configure IP Phones/Time Clocks/Red Button Alarms/LPDA/PDAS/Radio Frequencies/Wireless Devices/Routers/Cabling/Various Operating Systems/Different Software.
All Co-Workers were nice and helpful.
Trying to keep up with all the work and Timing Myself.
The team the people at work and the learning process that came with the Job. The Team made the job more pleasant and encouraged me to learn everything on the Job.
Pros
Teamwork/Learning Process
Cons
Activities diminished toward end of Contract
A good start for a newcomer like me.
Contractual Tax Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary22 July 2014
Im learning a lot about Canadian Taxation laws.
My co-workers are friendly and very accommodating.
I receive holiday pay even if Im assigned on a contractual basis.
Pros
Proximity of workplace
Cons
Not a permanent job
Staff Support/Recruiter
Staffing Sales Support / Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga7 July 2014
- gained staffing on-boarding experience
- IT Recruitment experience
No loyalty at all
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario Canada19 June 2014
Robert Half is not a very loyal company to work for. Too many lines of business calling in to the same companies looking to sell their services. I have friends who have been bombarded by all of their divisions and will not use them at all. Very high turnover rate internally and support for growth is minimal. Very little praise or recognition for job well done, yet when things don't well you hear about it immediately.
Pros
Nice title and that is it
Cons
Culture, no loyalty
Sales and job orders
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, Ontario29 May 2014
A day at work at RH is, pounding the phone and calling potential clients to assist them with recruiting process within the organization. The afternoon you attend scheduled meetings with clients that you are actively working with or potential client. The goal is to place great candidates and growth your business.
Engaging and fun teamwork
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2014
A typical day at work is hard but it's enjoyable because of the challenges that arise and the comforting atmosphere where people are wanting to help if you have any problems. I would come in and grab a tea from the kitchen, sit down in a cubicle and commence my work. I've learned that everyone's work in the office is connected and what I mean by this is that there are many divisions in the company and they all work together to help an individual get a job and on Mondays they always congratulate the teams that have done well and give encouragement to the other teams to keep up the good work. My co-workers are amazing and they're really helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job I would say is trying to stay focused sometimes because sitting in that cubicle from 9-5 is kind of tiring and I would say the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and enjoying the atmosphere of different personalities.
Pros
The hour lunch
Dependable agency
Reception/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2014
This company was huge in Calgary, and could find me work consistently. The best part was constantly being able to learn new things, and being able to change the job I was working at, I could go to a new place every week if that's what I wanted, and it was nice to know that if the job you were at liked you, they'd ask Robert Half to extend your contract. The worst part, was knowing that if I have a 3 week contract, even if I loved the job, and the person who was being covered while on vacation was coming back, that I would not be able to stay, and would need to start over at a new place.
Variety
CSR and Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 April 2014
When I worked as a Customer Service Representative, I was working in a business that made food packaging, the orders came via phone, e-mail or fax.

I had entered the customer's order depending on who needed their order first as the system they were working with worked FIFO (fist in first out), as well as entering parts on machines that they sold. Some of the parts for the machines were coming from Germany so I needed to first confirm if we had the parts, if we didn't I needed to know how quickly they need the parts. If they could wait 2 weeks I would then enter the order and another CSR would take care of the shipment, if we had the parts it was a straight order.

The hardest part of the job was making sure that one of their customers had the appropriate PO in order for us to order their products, especially when they always insisted that they needed the product and that the PO would arrive later, which wasn't part of the agreement we had with them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see the end result of the products that they distributed to grocery stores, knowing that I had sent them that product in order for them to put their food products on or in.

When I worked as the Accounts Payable Clerk it was for a manufacturing plant where I verified the invoices with their data base of inventory that they received and marked the correct parts on the invoice with their inventory for that region.

After entering the invoices I filed them in their proper place, if there were any discrepancies I would e-mail the proper person for that region and file
  more... a claim number, and follow up with them if I hadn't heard anything back in a week.

I received a weekly e-mail from my supervisor indicating which vendor needed to be paid. I would print the spreadsheet off and gather the invoices that needed to be paid and printed the cheques.

Once the cheques were printed depending on the amount, it required one or two signatures. If a second signature was needed it was placed in a slot with the spreadsheet and it was signed by the end of the day. Once the cheques were signed, the other cheques from the other regions were given to me, after sorting them to and gathering those that were going to the same company I had placed them into piles, indicating to be mailed, picked up, to be sent by Purolator or Fed Ex. I e-mailed wire transfers and reconciled month end.

The hardest part of the job not getting too comfortable at a job as I didn't know how long I would be there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new computer software, the various management styles as well as how different manufacturing companies are run.
Pros
Learning how different companies run and interact with their employees
Cons
Assignements weren't long enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Half. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval