Robert Half
2,093 reviews

Robert Half Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
They were good at finding me placements
Data Entry Clerk Specialist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, mbJanuary 28, 2013
I worked for many different businesses and learned many different computer programs. When I had an enhanced security clearance I work for a lot of government departments.
Long hours, limited training, confrontational management style
Staffing Expert (Former Employee), SurreyJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: long hours, difficult management
If you like to work 60 hours a week in a confrontational and contentious environment then this is a good place for you. Everyone else should look elsewhere.
Very disappointed, they do not stand by their employees
Ex-Contract Employee (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I was at a position for over 3 weeks with great reviews then one lady came back from holidays and within 1 hour I was horrible, how can you go from great to bad in 1 hour because one person comes back from holidays, and rather than take the 3 weeks prior great results and reports, they took the side of the company, did not stand by me what so ever.

Another – more... one I was supposed to go to for 6mnths and I even turned down another job for it, fell through because they did not keep in contact with the company in Calgary rather than the one in Toronto because the one in Calgary had already hired someone for the position, I showed up the first day of work and no one knew who I was and what I was supposed to be doing there.

Not only cost me 6mnths worth of pay but another position.

I have been working since I was 12yrs and have NEVER been fired or had a bad review.

Then they told me that they were in the business to make money, not promote that it was up to the individual to promote, I mean holy the whole reason in going to these type of companies is for them to promote you and your experiences.

I also kept telling them I am not an accountant in anyway yet they kept putting me forth for those positions and of course I was never chosen for them....cause gheesh I AM NOT AN ACCOUNTANT, then they said that was my fault...like holy again, I never said I was.

I just found that they do not stand by the people they put out there and I find that very sad, even the Gov and their issues stood by me more.

I would never recommend anyone to these people. – less
Frauds
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 29, 2012
Pros: nothing pro about this company
Cons: they spent more time signing people up then finding jobs or people.
I would never ever recommend Robert Half/Office Team! I registered with them years ago and registered a few years ago. They have never contacted me, nor do they never return my calls for bogus jobs they post. They advertise jobs that don't exist, wasted my time by having me do hours worth of testing and then filed my file in the twilight zone. I know – more... someone who works there and she told me that RB/OT was more focused on populating their database than actually placing people. They are known as the worst placement agency in the city of Calgary. – less

– November 7, 2012

After reading comments, it sounds that the offices are inconsistent, some good others bad. As a Calgarian, they have an awful reputation here.

ChrisK – November 13, 2012

I totally agree. I moved to Calgary from Toronto with 5 years experience working for the Government (Supervisor IT) and Oracle Certified as an Application Developer. Joined the group. The requirements for IT positions were almost impossible to have. One wanted 8 years experience as a Microsoft SQL Server Administrator and also 8 years Oracle Database Administrator. It was like saying they wanted you to be a General in the Army and a Captain in the Navy. I hope someone writes an article in the papers about them.

Kathy47 – November 21, 2012

They have no problem throwing the employees under the bus as the saying goes, and when you try and stand up for yourself you are called argumentative, I really do not get these people that feel they can say whatever the hell they want to you and about you but when you make a comment you are a bad person, getting really sick and tired of that.

Working with Robert Half - Humber River Regional Hospital Foundation
Various Positions (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2012
My assignment at Humber River Regional Hospital Foundation (HRRH) was through Robert Half (Office Team)

The typical day at the office started with checking of emails and taking action on them if any. Updating files on Raisers' Edge and other regular office work.

I learned taking minutes, a task which I thought was not my forte and with the help of – more... the management and my immediate supervisor I was able to take minutes very comfortably.

My co-workers were very helpful since the day I walked into the officer. There was no time during my stay at the HRRH that i was treated like a temp..

There was no such part as the hardest part of the job as I was guided throughout my stay at HRRH

All work at the HRRH was enjoy able especially when being taught about the Raisers' Edge and the amazing parts of the program. – less
Fast Paced Environment
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Get to work and receive work orders from the supervisor and fill each one of them all day.
Office Team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 13, 2012
I would recommend using OfficeTeam if you are looking for a job.

However; They are a little slow at placing you and they do not pay very well.
Temporary placements to differing office positions.
Temporary Positions (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: social contact
The most enjoyable part of a temporary agency was that it got me back into the work force after my husband passed. I really needed to leave my home and forcus on something other than my loss.

Most of the co-workers were easy to be around since my position was mainly to assist where necessary and I was not in a position to give any of them competition.

Managers – more... were extremely amicable. – less
Overall nice
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 5, 2012
Helpful customer service but limited position in Waterloo
Contract was interesting
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 28, 2012
The job was interesting and it was fast paced environment: alot of invoices.
Excellent company.
Administrative Assistant/Reception (Former Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 23, 2012
The company met their clients' and employees needs professionally and efficiently.
staffing agency
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2012
Robert Half helped me land my first job in Canada when I came here in 2005.
Review
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 8, 2012
Pros: new places to work everyday
Cons: no job consistency
Working for different industries and being forced to learn to adapt to changing environments. Practicing administrative skills constantly and always gaining further experience. Always improving one's self.
Records clerk
Filing Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 16, 2012
Cons: flexible.
very friendly and helpful staff. Try their best to find you a job.
Work to get temp worker jobs in a tough market
Temp worker (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 15, 2012
Office team try to do their best for both their temp workers and the agencies they send them to. They work at the worker and office they are going to are a good fit.
An opportuniy to make you yourself.
Commission Auditor - Walton International (Former Employee), calgaryMay 28, 2012
Pros: exposure to big companies
Cons: low salaries
It is a client oriented company where managers and staff forget that candidates are as important for the business as their clients.

In my experience managers were disorganized, I received a complaining call because I was supposed to show up in a client's office when I never received the assignment and I got the notice after I stop the person on the – more... phone and I aware her about what happened.
When I was finishing my assignment just about to start my maternity leave I received another call asking me if I was willing to change job and start in a full time position right away. – less
temp agency
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: not always stable
This was a temp agency i worked through, it was good to find jobs
You'll be insulted by Robert Half
Nothing for months (Former Employee), MississaugaMay 9, 2012
Pros: umm.....none
Cons: no actual full-time career opportunities
If you have experience and an education in your IT field, and you do your research and due diligence and apply for a job that your qualified for.....expect them to downplay your qualifications and experience and ask you to ignore that career opportunity (which would be a perfect fit not only for you, but for the employer looking for that qualified individual – more... as well) and take a low paying contract position instead. – less
I love working here and staff are more helpull for all i need
DATA ENTRY (Current Employee), Winnipeg, Manitoba, CanadaMarch 30, 2012
Staff are friendly and professional in so many way.
Their keeping me uptoday what going on and what available for me. The on line training are more helpull for me.
Productive and fun place to work at
Receptionist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 21, 2014
Pros: you can receive a steady pay check when jos are assign to you
Cons: there times they have no work for you
The best thing about this company you got to learn different job occupations.

About Robert Half

Robert Half International carries the full load of personnel services. The company places temporary and permanent staff through – Read more

Robert Half Photos