Robert Half Employee Reviews

You work with great fun people
Sr. Consultant, App Development (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 April 2015
Depends on the field of work could be very stressful or fun.
The job culture is great, and most people are great to work with.
My office had a lot of fun activities that most employees participated in.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Workload could be too much
Perfect Job for Big City!
Administrative Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2015
Everyday there was a job waiting for me. Office temping really suited my life style in a city that I wanted to see every part of. I had a great time meeting new people at all the engineering firms they really made it easy for me to settle right in and get to work. The management team at Robert Half is fantastic they allowed me to complete courses that grew the number of jobs I qualified for and I can still take that experience with me. It was a challenge to fill in at the last minute but I still enjoyed the hustle.
pas d'évolutions
commis comptes payables (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 March 2015
vos compétences ne seront pas toujours mises a profit et N'espérez pas l'employeur vous embauche, ca n'Arrive pas très souvent.
les salaires tournent autour de 12 a 18$ par heure.
quittez le plus rapidement que vous pourrez sinon il vous suceront jusqu'a l'os
A lot of effort required to follow up on potential job opportunities.
Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2015
Some good job opportunities though needed to be diligent and follow up daily with various "Staffing Managers" who were on duty to assist with potential jobs opportunities. Received regularly weekly pay when working though most job assignments are temporary and short. Long term assignments were hard to come by.
Pros
Received regularly weekly pay when working.
Cons
Many different Staff Managers
N/a
Customer Service/Clerical and Administration (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2015
Its good agency to work with as they place you with respectable and reputable top clients and organizations. What I learned is that, we work according to our own pace.
Pros
Some clients have half day on fridays and casual fridays.
Cons
Some clients work full day fridays
Different AP/ AR , intermediate accountant postings for different temp and contract positions
Various Temporary Contracts (Current Employee) –  Burnaby and North Vancouver29 January 2015
The typical day is to check the priority of work duties.

Start on the most time pressured job and multitask on work which requires time to come back to you with information. Then work on routine tasks.

For AP postings, seek authorisation, postings in QuickBooks, contacting vendors and clients for payment's and reconciliation of vendor statements, bank and visa statement reconciliations.

For AR and Billing postings, preparation of billing summaries for projects and invoicing, analyse aged debtors listing, reconcile sales ledger statements and AR collection.

Intermediate accounting posting involves both AP and AR procedures and ad hoc projects such as preparation of budgetary reports, audit checks on receipts, grants and donation and reconciliation, assistance with compiling and checking all are in order for audit purposes.

Other duties in general include cashier duties, petty cash reconciliation and bank runs.

Worked with intercompany transactions including a non profit audited organisation. Also to work with stringent protocols and suggestions in improving them to achieve efficiency and accuracy.

Even though the co workers are working mostly independently within the department, the result of one's work is often a continuation for the others so it is important to check and make sure that the combined effort is optimised and satisfactory.
Pros
Opportunity to work and experience work culture and habits within different organisations
Cons
Working hours may be cut.
Rewarding
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2014
Worked for various contracts while employed at Robert Half. Each one has been rewarding in the different environments I have worked in.
Great Placement Agency
client (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2014
They worked hard for you to find the correct position for you
Pros
Great Staff
Excellent communication with handler.
AA/Project Coordinator to AVP Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2014
Place of work congenial, Management was excellent. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. A joy to go to work in the mornings.
Pros
Excellent Management style
Cons
to short an assignment.
A good company to start your career
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2014
If you're new to Canada, you should probably start browsing for a job with Robert Half company. They have a huge bank of vacations, and will find a position that would be the right fit for you.
Well designed business model, good training and HR policies
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2014
A great place to work if you want to get into recruiting. Great training, good business model, great differentiating factors from competition, growth based on meritocracy.
Professional and Helpful
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto,Ontario4 October 2014
Ok folks we have a wonderful team coming out of the Toronto branch that are the best of the best. Professional and helpful beyond this company will help you advance and will also provide training by way of online courses. I have the utmost respect for these folks as they are doing there job and helping others with some great opportunities. Would work for this company again and enjoy the team - just the best. Rochelle
Pros
Opportunities and great team of recruiters
Cons
wish i wasn't temp as i would like to work for them direct
Busy and Fun office
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2014
I enjoyed working at RHT.
New challenges every day and it keeps you busy
Pros
downtown location, easy to get to customers meetings
Cons
Long hour and high turnaround
Mandats temporaire
Consultant en comptabilité (Former Employee) –  Montréal8 September 2014
Très bonne entreprise pour des mandats temporaires
J'ai reçu trois mandats de Robert Half, qui furent intéressant.
Il sont spécialisé dans le placement temporaire, donc la sécurité d'emploi et les avantages sociaux sont presque nuls.
Pros
Ils ont beaucoup de mandats
Cons
Sécurité d'emploi et avantages sociaux faible
Productive and fun
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Administrative/Receptionist26 August 2014
They help you find work easily, and quickly always placing you in an environment that works best for your professional needs.
Exceptional Professionalism
Law Clerk/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 August 2014
Robert Half is a temporary placement agency. I have been placed with some very good companies, where I have been able to learn a lot about various company cultures and picking up very valuable skills and information that I never knew before. That is the best part of the job. Also, when a contract has ended, I leave each company on good terms, with solid contacts should I ever need to call on them for references, charitable donations/sponsorship ect. The management team at Robert Half are very helpful, always ready to get me on assignments.
Fraudulent jobs, loooooow pay, accusatory placement people
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta10 August 2014
Bad experience with OT. Jobs on the internet DO NOT EXIST. Worked at one placement for low pay and was fired and accused of theft.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, dishonest, throw you under the bus and then ignore you
Best Company
Account receivable agent and collector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 August 2014
Will organized. and punctual,
one of the hardest part of the job is that when you gut only temporary assignment
Best thing in working with them is when they trust you, you ll be in top of the list
Had Interview
Tech Support with Compu Com (Former Employee) –  Mississauga7 August 2014
Robert Half is a thief employment agency. They rip off the employees. I had interview for a technical support position and I had to sign a contract for one year with Robert Half and the pay was $13.00/hr. Another employment agency the same position were paying $15.00/hr. I guess the actual pay was $17.00/hr.
Pros
Cons
Thieves, rip off
Loved working from home office
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON1 August 2014
I was solely responsible for all the administrative and accounting related work as I work from home. I enjoyed being the part of MCFCF though for short period of time because I got to learn that new ways of helping the world direct from my home. My typical day at work started 9am in the morning. The first thing I did was created a worksheet of important tasks that need to be dealt with for example dead line for payments and bank withdrawals, mailing tax receipts and other important documents. Although working from home I am very organized. The hardest part of the job is to make those important phone calls where they put you on hold for hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Half. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval