Robert Half Employee Reviews

I often experience the pressure that the clients place on me because of the high rate wage, which I am not actually paid for.
Legal Assistant/ Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2014
This employer is an agency and has its own upsides and down sides. It has high job security and offers a variety of different type of work places, but it pays far too low rate compared to the rate they charge.
Pros
High job security and diversity
Cons
Lower rate salary than actual market rate
Provided excellent opportunities as Payroll Administrator
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 October 2015
Robert half provided several contract opportunities in my payroll /benefits field. Processed biweekly and semi monthly payrollsfor salaried and hourly staff. I reconciled vacation entitlements, maintained HRIS benefits, administrated pension plans. Provided new environments and processes.
NO BALANCE
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 March 2014
No comments on the work/life balance. No comment on Job security or culture.
Pros
Cons
no comment
Long hours, limited training, confrontational management style
Staffing Expert (Former Employee) –  Surrey21 January 2013
If you like to work 60 hours a week in a confrontational and contentious environment then this is a good place for you. Everyone else should look elsewhere.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
long hours, difficult management
Are very supportive of their candidates professional goals.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2015
Always manage to have work for Candidates that align with professional career goals. Great people to work with. First assignment I received turned into a permanent position.
Perfect Job for Big City!
Administrative Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2015
Everyday there was a job waiting for me. Office temping really suited my life style in a city that I wanted to see every part of. I had a great time meeting new people at all the engineering firms they really made it easy for me to settle right in and get to work. The management team at Robert Half is fantastic they allowed me to complete courses that grew the number of jobs I qualified for and I can still take that experience with me. It was a challenge to fill in at the last minute but I still enjoyed the hustle.
Engaging and fun teamwork
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2014
A typical day at work is hard but it's enjoyable because of the challenges that arise and the comforting atmosphere where people are wanting to help if you have any problems. I would come in and grab a tea from the kitchen, sit down in a cubicle and commence my work. I've learned that everyone's work in the office is connected and what I mean by this is that there are many divisions in the company and they all work together to help an individual get a job and on Mondays they always congratulate the teams that have done well and give encouragement to the other teams to keep up the good work. My co-workers are amazing and they're really helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job I would say is trying to stay focused sometimes because sitting in that cubicle from 9-5 is kind of tiring and I would say the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and enjoying the atmosphere of different personalities.
Pros
The hour lunch
Cons
Productive and exposure to various industries
Accounting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2014
Was able to design and create a working multi-tasking ability specially that there are two companies that I am working on. Each company has its own peculiar operation in dealing with vendors and customers, two different purchasing system and two distinct chart of accounts.

I have high regards with management personnel of this two companies, they have interlocking functions yet they were able to function as one.

My co-workers are great and gives each and everyone the support needed to met our objective.

Conflict of ideas could not be avoided in any organization but it eventually resulted in a healthy resolution making it enjoyable and knowledge-gaining experience.
not a good place to be
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 February 2013
low pay, no proper training, pushy, poor management. only focused on sales and pushing what you could do but never stopped to recongize what you were already doing. focused on numbers. HIGH turnover, saw 5 people get fired in 6 months for NO reason
Flexibility to work when I want
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  North York, ON5 September 2013
I appreciate the work/life balance. I really enjoy meeting new people and learning about companies and their values. Co-workers are usually happy to help you settle in and familiarize you with the position. A typical day at work is often filled with new things to do. If it is long term assignment that I really felt comfortable doing the hardest part is leaving. The most enjoyable part of a position is being asked to return.
Pros
learning new skills, online training to upgrade my skills
Cons
work varies and sometimes there's nothing availableI
Approachable Employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 November 2015
They are very much accommodating and you will feel that you are their special employee. When it comes to salary they will pay you on time and they will give you a proper job that is best for you an to your profession.
Great work opporunities with varied Accounting roles and projects
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2014
In my role as an Accounting Clerk at Robert Half Finance and Accounting, I primarily worked on a long-term work assignment at Amovo Workplace Environments after which I had the opportunity to transfer to Amovo Inc. on a full time basis.

In my role as an Accounting Clerk, I had performed successful creations of quotes as per client design approval and converted these quotes into purchase orders to be transmitted electronically to vendors.

I have meticulously verified product details on purchase orders by cross checking vendor product acknowledgements with the generated sales orders. Subsequently reported major discrepancies to vendors. Subsequently, coordinated shipment information between sales and production ensuring adherence to deadlines on major client projects namely various Ministries and law firms

In addition, I have Independently managed company payables, receivables, supplies and overall cash flow for daily operating activities.
Pros
Varied work assignments
Cons
Salary/benefits
You'll be insulted by Robert Half
Nothing for months (Former Employee) –  Mississauga9 May 2012
If you have experience and an education in your IT field, and you do your research and due diligence and apply for a job that your qualified for.....expect them to downplay your qualifications and experience and ask you to ignore that career opportunity (which would be a perfect fit not only for you, but for the employer looking for that qualified individual as well) and take a low paying contract position instead.
Pros
umm.....none
Cons
no actual full-time career opportunities
lack of accountability
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 November 2013
there are great people at Robert Half in administration and in non-competing departments (and other offices) but there is a serious lack of integrity among co-workers that I had the unfortunate luck to collaborate with. I would not risk my reputation as that become more evident. I value the people that count on me for a job and trust me not to mislead them or use them as pawns.
Pros
opportunties
Cons
culture
Amazing Agency
Assorted Sales Positions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2016
An excellent placement agency.
Upper class and intuitive with an amazing team behind them.
Hard working and an established business.
Productive, fast paced, corporate environment
Business Development Manager - Team lead (Current Employee) –  North York7 July 2015
Great corporate culture, where you need to be able to work independently while working within a team environment, no 2 days are ever the same as you need to be very organized in order to juggle multiple tasks at the same time in order to be successful
Not worth a lip
employee (Former Employee) –  Waterloo26 March 2014
Signed up with Accountemps years ago, in all this time they placed me on one 6 weeks long assignment with Open Text. Then when it ran out I phoned them to say the assignment is over and the recruiter goes "Why? What happen?" As if I've done something to end it, the tone of her voice was kind of accusatory. Then the Open Text asked for me again because they were impressed but I've found another job with a different placement agency, oh hell I may as well name them It was Prior Resources and I worked for them for over 3 years, never ran out of placements and they even nominated me an employee of the month. Accountemps not a chance. Nor recommended. Why do they keep putting these jobs up over and over? I'm sure they received a slur of resumes and still didn't fill the position? Kind of fishy. How can the same job be available month after month?
Pros
Cons
everything
Great opportunity and a great place to move forward in the business.
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 December 2015
To scan all the files upload in the system and verify the information, opening mail, recording the cheques and mailing out accordingly,answering the phones, upload information onto BOB Net and MJ system and assist where's needed.
No assigned work!
graphic designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2015
The recruiter don't seems like actively finding me a job. Even if I already signed the contract last month. Just lose my hope in agencies. WORST EVER!
Pros
Cons
Worst agency! Don't try it!!
Full time work on short notice
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 November 2013
Robert Half is a temporary staffing agency that connected me to a couple positions in Winnipeg before going on maternity leave. Now that I'm getting ready to go back to work, they've agreed to connect me to employers in Edmonton. It is exciting to meet people at various companies and do different kinds of work, but it would be better to have more job security in the long run.