Robert Half Employee Reviews in Canada

Different & Interesting
Property Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 30, 2015
Each work assignment is interesting cause you get to meet new people and work in different locations. You can learn lot of different experience in workload. The greatest part you can learn new skills and show off your skills with co-workers.
Pros
Meeting new people and new locations.
Cons
Waiting for assignments
Productive and fun
Web developer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 30, 2015
Management was very helpful.Thee most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues to get crowded and learning from them .
Great people who understand my needs
TEMPORARY ADMINISTRATIVE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2015
Robert Half Office Team have been great to me. They understand my passion and work around me to get me the top admin jobs in downtown Calgary.
It was a job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 22, 2015
It was just a job
It was temp work
It was short term work
The pay was not good
There was no guaranteed hours
I had to bounce around from job to job
Pros
It was a temp job
Cons
The pay was not good
Productive, fast paced, corporate environment
Business Development Manager - Team lead (Current Employee) –  North YorkJuly 7, 2015
Great corporate culture, where you need to be able to work independently while working within a team environment, no 2 days are ever the same as you need to be very organized in order to juggle multiple tasks at the same time in order to be successful
Perfect Job for Big City!
Administrative Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 28, 2015
Everyday there was a job waiting for me. Office temping really suited my life style in a city that I wanted to see every part of. I had a great time meeting new people at all the engineering firms they really made it easy for me to settle right in and get to work. The management team at Robert Half is fantastic they allowed me to complete courses that grew the number of jobs I qualified for and I can still take that experience with me. It was a challenge to fill in at the last minute but I still enjoyed the hustle.
A lot of effort required to follow up on potential job opportunities.
Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Some good job opportunities though needed to be diligent and follow up daily with various "Staffing Managers" who were on duty to assist with potential jobs opportunities. Received regularly weekly pay when working though most job assignments are temporary and short. Long term assignments were hard to come by.
Pros
received regularly weekly pay when working.
Cons
many different staff managers
Fast-paced and friendly environment
Sales Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2015
Fast-paced environment which offered a huge learning experience.
Friendly coworkers who are always willing to help out.
You work with great fun people
Sr. Consultant, App Development (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 8, 2015
Depends on the field of work could be very stressful or fun.
The job culture is great, and most people are great to work with.
My office had a lot of fun activities that most employees participated in.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Workload could be too much
Professional and Helpful
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto,OntarioOctober 4, 2014
Ok folks we have a wonderful team coming out of the Toronto branch that are the best of the best. Professional and helpful beyond this company will help you advance and will also provide training by way of online courses. I have the utmost respect for these folks as they are doing there job and helping others with some great opportunities. Would work for this company again and enjoy the team - just the best. Rochelle
Pros
opportunities and great team of recruiters
Cons
wish i wasn't temp as i would like to work for them direct
Exceptional Professionalism
Law Clerk/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONAugust 14, 2014
Robert Half is a temporary placement agency. I have been placed with some very good companies, where I have been able to learn a lot about various company cultures and picking up very valuable skills and information that I never knew before. That is the best part of the job. Also, when a contract has ended, I leave each company on good terms, with solid contacts should I ever need to call on them for references, charitable donations/sponsorship ect. The management team at Robert Half are very helpful, always ready to get me on assignments.
Loved working from home office
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONAugust 1, 2014
I was solely responsible for all the administrative and accounting related work as I work from home. I enjoyed being the part of MCFCF though for short period of time because I got to learn that new ways of helping the world direct from my home. My typical day at work started 9am in the morning. The first thing I did was created a worksheet of important tasks that need to be dealt with for example dead line for payments and bank withdrawals, mailing tax receipts and other important documents. Although working from home I am very organized. The hardest part of the job is to make those important phone calls where they put you on hold for hours.
Productive Fun and Good Team Environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga OntarioJuly 26, 2014
My Typical Day at work was busy on some days and other quite no constant.
I learned to Configure IP Phones/Time Clocks/Red Button Alarms/LPDA/PDAS/Radio Frequencies/Wireless Devices/Routers/Cabling/Various Operating Systems/Different Software.
All Co-Workers were nice and helpful.
Trying to keep up with all the work and Timing Myself.
The team the people at work and the learning process that came with the Job. The Team made the job more pleasant and encouraged me to learn everything on the Job.
Pros
teamwork/learning process
Cons
activities diminished toward end of contract
N/A
Customer Service/Clerical and Administration (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Its good agency to work with as they place you with respectable and reputable top clients and organizations. What I learned is that, we work according to our own pace.
Pros
some clients have half day on fridays and casual fridays.
Cons
some clients work full day fridays
No loyalty at all
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario CanadaJune 19, 2014
Robert Half is not a very loyal company to work for. Too many lines of business calling in to the same companies looking to sell their services. I have friends who have been bombarded by all of their divisions and will not use them at all. Very high turnover rate internally and support for growth is minimal. Very little praise or recognition for job well done, yet when things don't well you hear about it immediately.
Pros
nice title and that is it
Cons
culture, no loyalty
Dependable agency
Reception/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 20, 2014
This company was huge in Calgary, and could find me work consistently. The best part was constantly being able to learn new things, and being able to change the job I was working at, I could go to a new place every week if that's what I wanted, and it was nice to know that if the job you were at liked you, they'd ask Robert Half to extend your contract. The worst part, was knowing that if I have a 3 week contract, even if I loved the job, and the person who was being covered while on vacation was coming back, that I would not be able to stay, and would need to start over at a new place.
Professional, energized and comfortable place to work.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2014
Review the days work. Organize, priortize and allocate any work that needs further information.
Start my invoice batches, separated by which company the invoice belongs too and if it is intercompany.
Key in invoices, print invoice register and proof reading enteries.
Assist others with enquiries and answer vendors questions.
Prepare cheque run of invoices, do quick cheques of urgent payments needed and prepare cheques for government remitances.
They gave me some very good contracts.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2014
Being a contractor is a constant learning process, as each new company always has a different computer program that they use and must be learned quickly. Since the positions are usually for maternity leave, vacation cover off or just to assist in catching up on the back logs, its a challenge to keep up with constant change of co-workers, positions, travel and duties expected. They used to be a lot busier back in the day, but now it seems many companies have found their permanent employees and in office replacements and cover offs. There are no raises though, and there are no benefits included. If you pass on a contract that's offered, you may be waiting a very long time before another one comes along.
Don't let their name recognition fool you
candidate (Former Employee) –  West end, GTAFebruary 22, 2014
Definitely not one of the better recruiters. Dishonest to candidates, shifty behaviour, focused on the quick payout - if you register for both temp and permanent work, don't bother even dreaming they will find you something permanent. Don't care about behaviour of their clients towards candidates, just as long as they are getting income. Their commission rates are ridiculous compared to other recruiters so you will be scrutinized that much more and less likely to get extended and/or hired in a full-time role.
Pros
useful resources
Cons
see comments, enough said!
Productive and exposure to various industries
Accounting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 4, 2014
Was able to design and create a working multi-tasking ability specially that there are two companies that I am working on. Each company has its own peculiar operation in dealing with vendors and customers, two different purchasing system and two distinct chart of accounts.

I have high regards with management personnel of this two companies, they have interlocking functions yet they were able to function as one.

My co-workers are great and gives each and everyone the support needed to met our objective.

Conflict of ideas could not be avoided in any organization but it eventually resulted in a healthy resolution making it enjoyable and knowledge-gaining experience.