Robert Half

Robert Half Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
You'll be insulted by Robert Half
Nothing for months (Former Employee), MississaugaMay 9, 2012
Pros: umm.....none
Cons: no actual full-time career opportunities
If you have experience and an education in your IT field, and you do your research and due diligence and apply for a job that your qualified for.....expect them to downplay your qualifications and experience and ask you to ignore that career opportunity (which would be a perfect fit not only for you, but for the employer looking for that qualified individual as well) and take a low paying contract position instead.
No loyalty at all
Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Ontario CanadaJune 19, 2014
Pros: nice title and that is it
Cons: culture, no loyalty
Robert Half is not a very loyal company to work for. Too many lines of business calling in to the same companies looking to sell their services. I have friends who have been bombarded by all of their divisions and will not use them at all. Very high turnover rate internally and support for growth is minimal. Very little praise or recognition for job well done, yet when things don't well you hear about it immediately.
A lot of effort required to follow up on potential job opportunities.
Office Administration (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: received regularly weekly pay when working.
Cons: many different staff managers
Some good job opportunities though needed to be diligent and follow up daily with various "Staffing Managers" who were on duty to assist with potential jobs opportunities. Received regularly weekly pay when working though most job assignments are temporary and short. Long term assignments were hard to come by.
Fun Place top work
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Learning different ways companies run
Cons: Not being a stable Job
I was a temp worker for this company for a about one year. In that time I work with different companies working administrative and data enter roles through out the city of Toronto. This was a stepping stone for my Administrative duties into Scotiabank.
They gave me a lot of opportunity to learn on contract basis and with our them I would not have some of the skills that I have today.
Temporary placements to differing office positions.
Temporary Positions (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: social contact
The most enjoyable part of a temporary agency was that it got me back into the work force after my husband passed. I really needed to leave my home and forcus on something other than my loss.

Most of the co-workers were easy to be around since my position was mainly to assist where necessary and I was not in a position to give any of them competition.

Managers were extremely amicable.
Extremely professional and enjoyable atmosphere.
Operational Service Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 12, 2013
i learnt how to handle guests requests and inquiries it was a pleasure helping customers flying from all over the world. I met so many new people and delightful people who were very exceptional people who just needed some help in getting to their destinations. The team atmosphere was brilliant and the managers were always available to help me out.
lack of accountability
Recruiter (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 11, 2013
Pros: opportunties
Cons: culture
there are great people at Robert Half in administration and in non-competing departments (and other offices) but there is a serious lack of integrity among co-workers that I had the unfortunate luck to collaborate with. I would not risk my reputation as that become more evident. I value the people that count on me for a job and trust me not to mislead them or use them as pawns.
I often experience the pressure that the clients place on me because of the high rate wage, which I am not actually paid for.
Legal Assistant/ Law Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2014
Pros: high job security and diversity
Cons: lower rate salary than actual market rate
This employer is an agency and has its own upsides and down sides. It has high job security and offers a variety of different type of work places, but it pays far too low rate compared to the rate they charge.
Full time work on short notice
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 18, 2013
Robert Half is a temporary staffing agency that connected me to a couple positions in Winnipeg before going on maternity leave. Now that I'm getting ready to go back to work, they've agreed to connect me to employers in Edmonton. It is exciting to meet people at various companies and do different kinds of work, but it would be better to have more job security in the long run.
Fast paced, high pressure, but great work life balance.
Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed the position and the people I worked with. I learned a ton from this company. Management was supportive and let us have enough free reign to get our jobs done. I found compensation a little low and didn't agree with some of the strategic decisions that the management took.

Overall good place to work if you enjoy metric based work.
Provided excellent opportunities as Payroll Administrator
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONOctober 26, 2015
Robert half provided several contract opportunities in my payroll /benefits field. Processed biweekly and semi monthly payrollsfor salaried and hourly staff. I reconciled vacation entitlements, maintained HRIS benefits, administrated pension plans. Provided new environments and processes.
Not a good agency
temp (Former Employee), downtownSeptember 16, 2013
This company only cares about their commission...they dont look after you ...I had a bad experience with this agency and they will only look after you if you are working as a temp for them..can you imagine they get paid by the company for $30 per hour and you only get $15 per hour ...and you dont even get paid for civic holidays ...accounttemps and robert half are rip off company!!!
Had Interview
Tech Support with Compu Com (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: thieves, rip off
Robert Half is a thief employment agency. They rip off the employees. I had interview for a technical support position and I had to sign a contract for one year with Robert Half and the pay was $13.00/hr. Another employment agency the same position were paying $15.00/hr. I guess the actual pay was $17.00/hr.
Sales and job orders
Staffing Manager (Current Employee), Vaughan, OntarioMay 29, 2014
A day at work at RH is, pounding the phone and calling potential clients to assist them with recruiting process within the organization. The afternoon you attend scheduled meetings with clients that you are actively working with or potential client. The goal is to place great candidates and growth your business.
Productive, fast paced, corporate environment
Business Development Manager - Team lead (Current Employee), North YorkJuly 7, 2015
Great corporate culture, where you need to be able to work independently while working within a team environment, no 2 days are ever the same as you need to be very organized in order to juggle multiple tasks at the same time in order to be successful
Professional and Educaitonal Work Place
Recruiter/ Financial Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 19, 2013
Ottawa's branch possesses some of the most skilled and respected recruiters and staffing consultants in the industry.

Hard working, extremely knowledgeable and well put together staff who dwells upon success and aiding those around them.
Great opportunity and a great place to move forward in the business.
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONDecember 23, 2015
To scan all the files upload in the system and verify the information, opening mail, recording the cheques and mailing out accordingly,answering the phones, upload information onto BOB Net and MJ system and assist where's needed.
Don't care about their temps
Various Positions (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 31, 2013
They are of the attitude that they are god to you and they control your life. They don't appreciate talent when it walks through the door and make you feel little so you'll take less pay which means more money in their pocket when they still bill you out at the same rate. No values here.
Temporary assignments
Office Assistant. (Former Employee), VancouverSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: it was varied and interesting to be exposed to several types of office environments.
Cons: no security.
I was employed to work on various temporary office assignments which included everything from taking calls, to typing up legal correspondence for one particular client.
You work with great fun people
Sr. Consultant, App Development (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great working environment
Cons: Workload could be too much
Depends on the field of work could be very stressful or fun.
The job culture is great, and most people are great to work with.
My office had a lot of fun activities that most employees participated in.
Headquarters