Robert Half Employee Reviews

Excellent company, well structured. Solid employment, reputable clients
Forensic Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 May 2016
Excellent company, well organized, fabulous support structure, ensures employees have excellent clientele. Excellent pay scale with reputable clients.
Nice Cia
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 May 2016
Professional, nice opportunities, good partners. I worked in some good projects and I always showed my skills. I am able to require my needs
Pros
good support
Cons
few projects
great company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2016
great company to work for. alot of marketing and training tools to set you up and hit the marketplace.Grow client and candidate network.
Fun Place top work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2016
I was a temp worker for this company for a about one year. In that time I work with different companies working administrative and data enter roles through out the city of Toronto. This was a stepping stone for my Administrative duties into Scotiabank.
They gave me a lot of opportunity to learn on contract basis and with our them I would not have some of the skills that I have today.
Pros
Learning different ways companies run
Cons
Not being a stable Job
Exceptional Professionalism
Law Clerk/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 August 2014
Robert Half is a temporary placement agency. I have been placed with some very good companies, where I have been able to learn a lot about various company cultures and picking up very valuable skills and information that I never knew before. That is the best part of the job. Also, when a contract has ended, I leave each company on good terms, with solid contacts should I ever need to call on them for references, charitable donations/sponsorship ect. The management team at Robert Half are very helpful, always ready to get me on assignments.
Engaging and fun teamwork
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2014
A typical day at work is hard but it's enjoyable because of the challenges that arise and the comforting atmosphere where people are wanting to help if you have any problems. I would come in and grab a tea from the kitchen, sit down in a cubicle and commence my work. I've learned that everyone's work in the office is connected and what I mean by this is that there are many divisions in the company and they all work together to help an individual get a job and on Mondays they always congratulate the teams that have done well and give encouragement to the other teams to keep up the good work. My co-workers are amazing and they're really helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job I would say is trying to stay focused sometimes because sitting in that cubicle from 9-5 is kind of tiring and I would say the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and enjoying the atmosphere of different personalities.
Pros
The hour lunch
Cons
Long hours, limited training, confrontational management style
Staffing Expert (Former Employee) –  Surrey21 January 2013
If you like to work 60 hours a week in a confrontational and contentious environment then this is a good place for you. Everyone else should look elsewhere.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
long hours, difficult management
Flexibility to work when I want
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  North York, ON5 September 2013
I appreciate the work/life balance. I really enjoy meeting new people and learning about companies and their values. Co-workers are usually happy to help you settle in and familiarize you with the position. A typical day at work is often filled with new things to do. If it is long term assignment that I really felt comfortable doing the hardest part is leaving. The most enjoyable part of a position is being asked to return.
Pros
learning new skills, online training to upgrade my skills
Cons
work varies and sometimes there's nothing availableI
Productive and exposure to various industries
Accounting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2014
Was able to design and create a working multi-tasking ability specially that there are two companies that I am working on. Each company has its own peculiar operation in dealing with vendors and customers, two different purchasing system and two distinct chart of accounts.

I have high regards with management personnel of this two companies, they have interlocking functions yet they were able to function as one.

My co-workers are great and gives each and everyone the support needed to met our objective.

Conflict of ideas could not be avoided in any organization but it eventually resulted in a healthy resolution making it enjoyable and knowledge-gaining experience.
It was a job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 October 2015
It was just a job
It was temp work
It was short term work
The pay was not good
There was no guaranteed hours
I had to bounce around from job to job
Pros
It was a temp job
Cons
The pay was not good
Are very supportive of their candidates professional goals.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2015
Always manage to have work for Candidates that align with professional career goals. Great people to work with. First assignment I received turned into a permanent position.
Perfect Job for Big City!
Administrative Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2015
Everyday there was a job waiting for me. Office temping really suited my life style in a city that I wanted to see every part of. I had a great time meeting new people at all the engineering firms they really made it easy for me to settle right in and get to work. The management team at Robert Half is fantastic they allowed me to complete courses that grew the number of jobs I qualified for and I can still take that experience with me. It was a challenge to fill in at the last minute but I still enjoyed the hustle.
Not worth a lip
employee (Former Employee) –  Waterloo26 March 2014
Signed up with Accountemps years ago, in all this time they placed me on one 6 weeks long assignment with Open Text. Then when it ran out I phoned them to say the assignment is over and the recruiter goes "Why? What happen?" As if I've done something to end it, the tone of her voice was kind of accusatory. Then the Open Text asked for me again because they were impressed but I've found another job with a different placement agency, oh hell I may as well name them It was Prior Resources and I worked for them for over 3 years, never ran out of placements and they even nominated me an employee of the month. Accountemps not a chance. Nor recommended. Why do they keep putting these jobs up over and over? I'm sure they received a slur of resumes and still didn't fill the position? Kind of fishy. How can the same job be available month after month?
Pros
Cons
everything
NO BALANCE
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 March 2014
No comments on the work/life balance. No comment on Job security or culture.
Pros
Cons
no comment
Amazing Agency
Assorted Sales Positions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2016
An excellent placement agency.
Upper class and intuitive with an amazing team behind them.
Hard working and an established business.
Great opportunity and a great place to move forward in the business.
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 December 2015
To scan all the files upload in the system and verify the information, opening mail, recording the cheques and mailing out accordingly,answering the phones, upload information onto BOB Net and MJ system and assist where's needed.
You'll be insulted by Robert Half
Nothing for months (Former Employee) –  Mississauga9 May 2012
If you have experience and an education in your IT field, and you do your research and due diligence and apply for a job that your qualified for.....expect them to downplay your qualifications and experience and ask you to ignore that career opportunity (which would be a perfect fit not only for you, but for the employer looking for that qualified individual as well) and take a low paying contract position instead.
Pros
umm.....none
Cons
no actual full-time career opportunities
No assigned work!
graphic designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2015
The recruiter don't seems like actively finding me a job. Even if I already signed the contract last month. Just lose my hope in agencies. WORST EVER!
Pros
Cons
Worst agency! Don't try it!!
not a good place to be
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 February 2013
low pay, no proper training, pushy, poor management. only focused on sales and pushing what you could do but never stopped to recongize what you were already doing. focused on numbers. HIGH turnover, saw 5 people get fired in 6 months for NO reason
Loved working from home office
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON1 August 2014
I was solely responsible for all the administrative and accounting related work as I work from home. I enjoyed being the part of MCFCF though for short period of time because I got to learn that new ways of helping the world direct from my home. My typical day at work started 9am in the morning. The first thing I did was created a worksheet of important tasks that need to be dealt with for example dead line for payments and bank withdrawals, mailing tax receipts and other important documents. Although working from home I am very organized. The hardest part of the job is to make those important phone calls where they put you on hold for hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Half. Our community is ready to answer.