Robert Half Employee Reviews

Contractor
Payroll Analyst/Corporate Time Keeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2015
Great company to work for. Always have perfect positions available and variety based on your income needs. Recruiters are always available for their clients and staff.
Fun and friendly workplace,
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 November 2015
Was placed with a few interesting employers. Enjoyed working with all the staff at Robert Half. Was fast-paced and very outgoing. I definitely would recommend working with this company.
Are very supportive of their candidates professional goals.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2015
Always manage to have work for Candidates that align with professional career goals. Great people to work with. First assignment I received turned into a permanent position.
Fast paced, high pressure, but great work life balance.
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 November 2015
I enjoyed the position and the people I worked with. I learned a ton from this company. Management was supportive and let us have enough free reign to get our jobs done. I found compensation a little low and didn't agree with some of the strategic decisions that the management took.

Overall good place to work if you enjoy metric based work.
Good company to work for
Junior accountant/bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2015
Good company to work for, learned lots from working here, learned how to prepare journal entries, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchase invoices/sales invoices, prepare cashflow budgets, closing entries.
Working with different companies and different people allowed me to learn and apply new skills and information in a short period of time.
Placement Agency - Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2015
Office Team has been great to work for, they take a lot of the guessing out of the employment game by pre-screening applicants and employers.
Approachable Employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 November 2015
They are very much accommodating and you will feel that you are their special employee. When it comes to salary they will pay you on time and they will give you a proper job that is best for you an to your profession.
Great people who understand my needs
TEMPORARY ADMINISTRATIVE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2015
Robert Half Office Team have been great to me. They understand my passion and work around me to get me the top admin jobs in downtown Calgary.
Provided excellent opportunities as Payroll Administrator
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 October 2015
Robert half provided several contract opportunities in my payroll /benefits field. Processed biweekly and semi monthly payrollsfor salaried and hourly staff. I reconciled vacation entitlements, maintained HRIS benefits, administrated pension plans. Provided new environments and processes.
It was a job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 October 2015
It was just a job
It was temp work
It was short term work
The pay was not good
There was no guaranteed hours
I had to bounce around from job to job
Pros
It was a temp job
Cons
The pay was not good
Different & Interesting
Property Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 August 2015
Each work assignment is interesting cause you get to meet new people and work in different locations. You can learn lot of different experience in workload. The greatest part you can learn new skills and show off your skills with co-workers.
Pros
Meeting new people and new locations.
Cons
Waiting for assignments
Fast-paced and friendly environment
Sales Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2015
Fast-paced environment which offered a huge learning experience.
Friendly coworkers who are always willing to help out.
Productive, fast paced, corporate environment
Business Development Manager - Team lead (Current Employee) –  North York7 July 2015
Great corporate culture, where you need to be able to work independently while working within a team environment, no 2 days are ever the same as you need to be very organized in order to juggle multiple tasks at the same time in order to be successful
Productive and fast paced environment
Temporary AS4 Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2015
Productive and fast paced environment. Processing work orders, managing the Directors calender/organising meetings etc.
You work with great fun people
Sr. Consultant, App Development (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 April 2015
Depends on the field of work could be very stressful or fun.
The job culture is great, and most people are great to work with.
My office had a lot of fun activities that most employees participated in.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Workload could be too much
Perfect Job for Big City!
Administrative Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2015
Everyday there was a job waiting for me. Office temping really suited my life style in a city that I wanted to see every part of. I had a great time meeting new people at all the engineering firms they really made it easy for me to settle right in and get to work. The management team at Robert Half is fantastic they allowed me to complete courses that grew the number of jobs I qualified for and I can still take that experience with me. It was a challenge to fill in at the last minute but I still enjoyed the hustle.
A lot of effort required to follow up on potential job opportunities.
Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2015
Some good job opportunities though needed to be diligent and follow up daily with various "Staffing Managers" who were on duty to assist with potential jobs opportunities. Received regularly weekly pay when working though most job assignments are temporary and short. Long term assignments were hard to come by.
Pros
Received regularly weekly pay when working.
Cons
Many different Staff Managers
N/a
Customer Service/Clerical and Administration (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2015
Its good agency to work with as they place you with respectable and reputable top clients and organizations. What I learned is that, we work according to our own pace.
Pros
Some clients have half day on fridays and casual fridays.
Cons
Some clients work full day fridays
Different AP/ AR , intermediate accountant postings for different temp and contract positions
Various Temporary Contracts (Current Employee) –  Burnaby and North Vancouver29 January 2015
The typical day is to check the priority of work duties.

Start on the most time pressured job and multitask on work which requires time to come back to you with information. Then work on routine tasks.

For AP postings, seek authorisation, postings in QuickBooks, contacting vendors and clients for payment's and reconciliation of vendor statements, bank and visa statement reconciliations.

For AR and Billing postings, preparation of billing summaries for projects and invoicing, analyse aged debtors listing, reconcile sales ledger statements and AR collection.

Intermediate accounting posting involves both AP and AR procedures and ad hoc projects such as preparation of budgetary reports, audit checks on receipts, grants and donation and reconciliation, assistance with compiling and checking all are in order for audit purposes.

Other duties in general include cashier duties, petty cash reconciliation and bank runs.

Worked with intercompany transactions including a non profit audited organisation. Also to work with stringent protocols and suggestions in improving them to achieve efficiency and accuracy.

Even though the co workers are working mostly independently within the department, the result of one's work is often a continuation for the others so it is important to check and make sure that the combined effort is optimised and satisfactory.
Pros
Opportunity to work and experience work culture and habits within different organisations
Cons
Working hours may be cut.
Rewarding
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2014
Worked for various contracts while employed at Robert Half. Each one has been rewarding in the different environments I have worked in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Half. Our community is ready to answer.