Robert Half
2,268 reviews

Robert Half Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Administrative/ReceptionistAugust 26, 2014
They help you find work easily, and quickly always placing you in an environment that works best for your professional needs.
Exceptional Professionalism
Law Clerk/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Burlington, ONAugust 14, 2014
Robert Half is a temporary placement agency. I have been placed with some very good companies, where I have been able to learn a lot about various company cultures and picking up very valuable skills and information that I never knew before. That is the best part of the job. Also, when a contract has ended, I leave each company on good terms, with solid – more... contacts should I ever need to call on them for references, charitable donations/sponsorship ect. The management team at Robert Half are very helpful, always ready to get me on assignments. – less
Fraudulent jobs, loooooow pay, accusatory placement people
Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaAugust 10, 2014
Cons: low pay, dishonest, throw you under the bus and then ignore you
Bad experience with OT. Jobs on the internet DO NOT EXIST. Worked at one placement for low pay and was fired and accused of theft.
Best Company
Account receivable agent and collector (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 8, 2014
Will organized. and punctual,
one of the hardest part of the job is that when you gut only temporary assignment
Best thing in working with them is when they trust you, you ll be in top of the list
Had Interview
Tech Support with Compu Com (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: thieves, rip off
Robert Half is a thief employment agency. They rip off the employees. I had interview for a technical support position and I had to sign a contract for one year with Robert Half and the pay was $13.00/hr. Another employment agency the same position were paying $15.00/hr. I guess the actual pay was $17.00/hr.
Loved working from home office
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONAugust 1, 2014
I was solely responsible for all the administrative and accounting related work as I work from home. I enjoyed being the part of MCFCF though for short period of time because I got to learn that new ways of helping the world direct from my home. My typical day at work started 9am in the morning. The first thing I did was created a worksheet of important – more... tasks that need to be dealt with for example dead line for payments and bank withdrawals, mailing tax receipts and other important documents. Although working from home I am very organized. The hardest part of the job is to make those important phone calls where they put you on hold for hours. – less
Productive Fun and Good Team Environment
Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga OntarioJuly 26, 2014
Pros: teamwork/learning process
Cons: activities diminished toward end of contract
My Typical Day at work was busy on some days and other quite no constant.
I learned to Configure IP Phones/Time Clocks/Red Button Alarms/LPDA/PDAS/Radio Frequencies/Wireless Devices/Routers/Cabling/Various Operating Systems/Different Software.
All Co-Workers were nice and helpful.
Trying to keep up with all the work and Timing Myself.
The team the people – more... at work and the learning process that came with the Job. The Team made the job more pleasant and encouraged me to learn everything on the Job. – less
Very mixed review
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Centre for Child DevelopmentJuly 25, 2014
Pros: busy, fullfilling
Cons: too too busy, very low wages, no paid vacations, no benefits.
This was an ongoing temporary placement. This means that I would work at The Centre for Child Development, but never be hired as full-time staff because The Centre because of lack of funding allotted for administrative needs. The job was nothing less than a dead run, constantly.

As the front of line reception, I was responsible for answering 5 incoming – more... lines transferring to 60 Plus locals. I greeted clients and directed them to their appointments. Incoming/outgoing mail, distributing mail into confidential In folders of 70 staff members. I also received, stamped and filed incoming faxes and sent outgoing faxes.

I learned their medical filing system. On the occasion that the filing built up, I was responsible for teaching the system to temps from Office Team. Maintaining a high confidentiality level was very important.

I ordered supplies, maintaining office machines, called various vendors for maintenance, was in charge of fire and earthquake drills. I was an integral part of the way The Centre functioned. It was incredibly fast paced, demanding and stressful job that required a lot of commitment, with very little personal financial benefit.

For the most part, I enjoyed my position. I enjoyed working with the wonderful staff and therapists and the children who came in for their various treatments, and madesure that they got a Happy Face Stamp on their hand as they left from their appointments. It was a high point and I saw that a smile, no matter how stressed I was, was good for the young patients, their parents, as well as myself. I believe in the work that The Centre does, but unless you are in it for the cause alone, in this position one cannot not expect a raise, paid holidays, or benefits. For a one income family, it is not ideal.

The most difficult part of the job was the conflict coming from a senior administrative staff (CUPE) toward the temp placements there. As The Centre could not hire full-time staff (with benefits). This placed a lot of stress on the office staff's relationships. Management was as supportive as they could be. – less
A good start for a newcomer like me.
Contractual Tax Assistant (Current Employee), CalgaryJuly 22, 2014
Pros: proximity of workplace
Cons: not a permanent job
Im learning a lot about Canadian Taxation laws.
My co-workers are friendly and very accommodating.
I receive holiday pay even if Im assigned on a contractual basis.
Staff Support/Recruiter
Staffing Sales Support / Recruiter (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 7, 2014
- gained staffing on-boarding experience
- IT Recruitment experience
No loyalty at all
Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Ontario CanadaJune 19, 2014
Pros: nice title and that is it
Cons: culture, no loyalty
Robert Half is not a very loyal company to work for. Too many lines of business calling in to the same companies looking to sell their services. I have friends who have been bombarded by all of their divisions and will not use them at all. Very high turnover rate internally and support for growth is minimal. Very little praise or recognition for job – more... well done, yet when things don't well you hear about it immediately. – less
Sales and job orders
Staffing Manager (Current Employee), Vaughan, OntarioMay 29, 2014
A day at work at RH is, pounding the phone and calling potential clients to assist them with recruiting process within the organization. The afternoon you attend scheduled meetings with clients that you are actively working with or potential client. The goal is to place great candidates and growth your business.
Engaging and fun teamwork
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2014
Pros: the hour lunch
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work is hard but it's enjoyable because of the challenges that arise and the comforting atmosphere where people are wanting to help if you have any problems. I would come in and grab a tea from the kitchen, sit down in a cubicle and commence my work. I've learned that everyone's work in the office is connected and what I mean by this – more... is that there are many divisions in the company and they all work together to help an individual get a job and on Mondays they always congratulate the teams that have done well and give encouragement to the other teams to keep up the good work. My co-workers are amazing and they're really helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job I would say is trying to stay focused sometimes because sitting in that cubicle from 9-5 is kind of tiring and I would say the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and enjoying the atmosphere of different personalities. – less
Dependable agency
Reception/Data Entry (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 20, 2014
This company was huge in Calgary, and could find me work consistently. The best part was constantly being able to learn new things, and being able to change the job I was working at, I could go to a new place every week if that's what I wanted, and it was nice to know that if the job you were at liked you, they'd ask Robert Half to extend your contract. – more... The worst part, was knowing that if I have a 3 week contract, even if I loved the job, and the person who was being covered while on vacation was coming back, that I would not be able to stay, and would need to start over at a new place. – less
Variety
CSR and Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Markham, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: learning how different companies run and interact with their employees
Cons: assignements weren't long enough
When I worked as a Customer Service Representative, I was working in a business that made food packaging, the orders came via phone, e-mail or fax.

I had entered the customer's order depending on who needed their order first as the system they were working with worked FIFO (fist in first out), as well as entering parts on machines that they sold. Some – more... of the parts for the machines were coming from Germany so I needed to first confirm if we had the parts, if we didn't I needed to know how quickly they need the parts. If they could wait 2 weeks I would then enter the order and another CSR would take care of the shipment, if we had the parts it was a straight order.

The hardest part of the job was making sure that one of their customers had the appropriate PO in order for us to order their products, especially when they always insisted that they needed the product and that the PO would arrive later, which wasn't part of the agreement we had with them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see the end result of the products that they distributed to grocery stores, knowing that I had sent them that product in order for them to put their food products on or in.

When I worked as the Accounts Payable Clerk it was for a manufacturing plant where I verified the invoices with their data base of inventory that they received and marked the correct parts on the invoice with their inventory for that region.

After entering the invoices I filed them in their proper place, if there were any discrepancies I would e-mail the proper person for that region and file a claim number, and follow up with them if I hadn't heard anything back in a week.

I received a weekly e-mail from my supervisor indicating which vendor needed to be paid. I would print the spreadsheet off and gather the invoices that needed to be paid and printed the cheques.

Once the cheques were printed depending on the amount, it required one or two signatures. If a second signature was needed it was placed in a slot with the spreadsheet and it was signed by the end of the day. Once the cheques were signed, the other cheques from the other regions were given to me, after sorting them to and gathering those that were going to the same company I had placed them into piles, indicating to be mailed, picked up, to be sent by Purolator or Fed Ex. I e-mailed wire transfers and reconciled month end.

The hardest part of the job not getting too comfortable at a job as I didn't know how long I would be there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new computer software, the various management styles as well as how different manufacturing companies are run. – less
Professional, energized and comfortable place to work.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2014
Review the days work. Organize, priortize and allocate any work that needs further information.
Start my invoice batches, separated by which company the invoice belongs too and if it is intercompany.
Key in invoices, print invoice register and proof reading enteries.
Assist others with enquiries and answer vendors questions.
Prepare cheque run of invoices, – more... do quick cheques of urgent payments needed and prepare cheques for government remitances. – less
Not worth a lip
employee (Former Employee), WaterlooMarch 26, 2014
Cons: everything
Signed up with Accountemps years ago, in all this time they placed me on one 6 weeks long assignment with Open Text. Then when it ran out I phoned them to say the assignment is over and the recruiter goes "Why? What happen?" As if I've done something to end it, the tone of her voice was kind of accusatory. Then the Open Text asked for me again because – more... they were impressed but I've found another job with a different placement agency, oh hell I may as well name them It was Prior Resources and I worked for them for over 3 years, never ran out of placements and they even nominated me an employee of the month. Accountemps not a chance. Nor recommended. Why do they keep putting these jobs up over and over? I'm sure they received a slur of resumes and still didn't fill the position? Kind of fishy. How can the same job be available month after month? – less
Great placements
Receptionist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: quick in placements
Cons: low salaries
I found that the Office Team personnel always found a placement for me very quickly.
I didn't have to wait too long between postings.
NO BALANCE
Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 19, 2014
Cons: no comment
No comments on the work/life balance. No comment on Job security or culture.
They gave me some very good contracts.
Contractor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2014
Being a contractor is a constant learning process, as each new company always has a different computer program that they use and must be learned quickly. Since the positions are usually for maternity leave, vacation cover off or just to assist in catching up on the back logs, its a challenge to keep up with constant change of co-workers, positions, – more... travel and duties expected. They used to be a lot busier back in the day, but now it seems many companies have found their permanent employees and in office replacements and cover offs. There are no raises though, and there are no benefits included. If you pass on a contract that's offered, you may be waiting a very long time before another one comes along. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Robert Half

Robert Half International carries the full load of personnel services. The company places temporary and permanent staff through – Read more