Robert Half

Robert Half Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Place top work
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Learning different ways companies run
Cons: Not being a stable Job
I was a temp worker for this company for a about one year. In that time I work with different companies working administrative and data enter roles through out the city of Toronto. This was a stepping stone for my Administrative duties into Scotiabank.
They gave me a lot of opportunity to learn on contract basis and with our them I would not have some of the skills that I have today.
No assigned work!
graphic designer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Worst agency! Don't try it!!
The recruiter don't seems like actively finding me a job. Even if I already signed the contract last month. Just lose my hope in agencies. WORST EVER!
Great opportunity and a great place to move forward in the business.
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONDecember 23, 2015
To scan all the files upload in the system and verify the information, opening mail, recording the cheques and mailing out accordingly,answering the phones, upload information onto BOB Net and MJ system and assist where's needed.
Overworked & Underpaid
Office Manager & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Overworked, underpaid, recruiters that don't care....dare I say typical? If you've ever worked for RH then you know. They employ you but take half of your pay cheque - hence the name.
Fun and friendly workplace,
Receptionist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 26, 2015
Was placed with a few interesting employers. Enjoyed working with all the staff at Robert Half. Was fast-paced and very outgoing. I definitely would recommend working with this company.
Are very supportive of their candidates professional goals.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2015
Always manage to have work for Candidates that align with professional career goals. Great people to work with. First assignment I received turned into a permanent position.
Fast paced, high pressure, but great work life balance.
Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed the position and the people I worked with. I learned a ton from this company. Management was supportive and let us have enough free reign to get our jobs done. I found compensation a little low and didn't agree with some of the strategic decisions that the management took.

Overall good place to work if you enjoy metric based work.
Good company to work for
Junior accountant/bookkeeper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2015
Good company to work for, learned lots from working here, learned how to prepare journal entries, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchase invoices/sales invoices, prepare cashflow budgets, closing entries.
Great people who understand my needs
TEMPORARY ADMINISTRATIVE (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2015
Robert Half Office Team have been great to me. They understand my passion and work around me to get me the top admin jobs in downtown Calgary.
Provided excellent opportunities as Payroll Administrator
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONOctober 26, 2015
Robert half provided several contract opportunities in my payroll /benefits field. Processed biweekly and semi monthly payrollsfor salaried and hourly staff. I reconciled vacation entitlements, maintained HRIS benefits, administrated pension plans. Provided new environments and processes.
It was a job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Markham, ONOctober 22, 2015
Pros: It was a temp job
Cons: The pay was not good
It was just a job
It was temp work
It was short term work
The pay was not good
There was no guaranteed hours
I had to bounce around from job to job
Fast-paced and friendly environment
Sales Support Administrator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2015
Fast-paced environment which offered a huge learning experience.
Friendly coworkers who are always willing to help out.
Productive, fast paced, corporate environment
Business Development Manager - Team lead (Current Employee), North YorkJuly 7, 2015
Great corporate culture, where you need to be able to work independently while working within a team environment, no 2 days are ever the same as you need to be very organized in order to juggle multiple tasks at the same time in order to be successful
You work with great fun people
Sr. Consultant, App Development (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great working environment
Cons: Workload could be too much
Depends on the field of work could be very stressful or fun.
The job culture is great, and most people are great to work with.
My office had a lot of fun activities that most employees participated in.
Perfect Job for Big City!
Administrative Staff (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 28, 2015
Everyday there was a job waiting for me. Office temping really suited my life style in a city that I wanted to see every part of. I had a great time meeting new people at all the engineering firms they really made it easy for me to settle right in and get to work. The management team at Robert Half is fantastic they allowed me to complete courses that grew the number of jobs I qualified for and I can still take that experience with me. It was a challenge to fill in at the last minute but I still enjoyed the hustle.
A lot of effort required to follow up on potential job opportunities.
Office Administration (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: received regularly weekly pay when working.
Cons: many different staff managers
Some good job opportunities though needed to be diligent and follow up daily with various "Staffing Managers" who were on duty to assist with potential jobs opportunities. Received regularly weekly pay when working though most job assignments are temporary and short. Long term assignments were hard to come by.
Different AP/ AR , intermediate accountant postings for different temp and contract positions
Various Temporary Contracts (Current Employee), Burnaby and North VancouverJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: opportunity to work and experience work culture and habits within different organisations
Cons: working hours may be cut.
The typical day is to check the priority of work duties.

Start on the most time pressured job and multitask on work which requires time to come back to you with information. Then work on routine tasks.

For AP postings, seek authorisation, postings in QuickBooks, contacting vendors and clients for payment's and reconciliation of vendor statements, bank and visa statement reconciliations.

For AR and Billing postings, preparation of billing summaries for projects and invoicing, analyse aged debtors listing, reconcile sales ledger statements and AR collection.

Intermediate accounting posting involves both AP and AR procedures and ad hoc projects such as preparation of budgetary reports, audit checks on receipts, grants and donation and reconciliation, assistance with compiling and checking all are in order for audit purposes.

Other duties in general include cashier duties, petty cash reconciliation and bank runs.

Worked with intercompany transactions including a non profit audited organisation. Also to work with stringent protocols and suggestions in improving them to achieve efficiency and accuracy.

Even though the co workers are working mostly independently within the department, the result of one's work is often a continuation for the others so it is important to check and make sure that the combined effort is optimised and satisfactory.
Rewarding
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 3, 2014
Worked for various contracts while employed at Robert Half. Each one has been rewarding in the different environments I have worked in.
Excellent communication with handler.
AA/Project Coordinator to AVP Risk Management (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2014
Pros: excellent management style
Cons: to short an assignment.
Place of work congenial, Management was excellent. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. A joy to go to work in the mornings.
A good company to start your career
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2014
If you're new to Canada, you should probably start browsing for a job with Robert Half company. They have a huge bank of vacations, and will find a position that would be the right fit for you.
Headquarters