Robert Half
2,872 reviews

Robert Half Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
You work with great fun people
Sr. Consultant, App Development (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great working environment
Cons: Workload could be too much
Depends on the field of work could be very stressful or fun.
The job culture is great, and most people are great to work with.
My office had a lot of fun activities that most employees participated in.
Perfect Job for Big City!
Administrative Staff (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 28, 2015
Everyday there was a job waiting for me. Office temping really suited my life style in a city that I wanted to see every part of. I had a great time meeting new people at all the engineering firms they really made it easy for me to settle right in and get to work. The management team at Robert Half is fantastic they allowed me to complete courses that grew the number of jobs I qualified for and I can still take that experience with me. It was a challenge to fill in at the last minute but I still enjoyed the hustle.
A lot of effort required to follow up on potential job opportunities.
Office Administration (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: received regularly weekly pay when working.
Cons: many different staff managers
Some good job opportunities though needed to be diligent and follow up daily with various "Staffing Managers" who were on duty to assist with potential jobs opportunities. Received regularly weekly pay when working though most job assignments are temporary and short. Long term assignments were hard to come by.
Different AP/ AR , intermediate accountant postings for different temp and contract positions
Various Temporary Contracts (Current Employee), Burnaby and North VancouverJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: opportunity to work and experience work culture and habits within different organisations
Cons: working hours may be cut.
The typical day is to check the priority of work duties.

Start on the most time pressured job and multitask on work which requires time to come back to you with information. Then work on routine tasks.

For AP postings, seek authorisation, postings in QuickBooks, contacting vendors and clients for payment's and reconciliation of vendor statements, bank and visa statement reconciliations.

For AR and Billing postings, preparation of billing summaries for projects and invoicing, analyse aged debtors listing, reconcile sales ledger statements and AR collection.

Intermediate accounting posting involves both AP and AR procedures and ad hoc projects such as preparation of budgetary reports, audit checks on receipts, grants and donation and reconciliation, assistance with compiling and checking all are in order for audit purposes.

Other duties in general include cashier duties, petty cash reconciliation and bank runs.

Worked with intercompany transactions including a non profit audited organisation. Also to work with stringent protocols and suggestions in improving them to achieve efficiency and accuracy.

Even though the co workers are working mostly independently within the department, the result of one's work is often a continuation for the others so it is important to check and make sure that the combined effort is optimised and satisfactory.
Rewarding
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 3, 2014
Worked for various contracts while employed at Robert Half. Each one has been rewarding in the different environments I have worked in.
Excellent communication with handler.
AA/Project Coordinator to AVP Risk Management (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2014
Pros: excellent management style
Cons: to short an assignment.
Place of work congenial, Management was excellent. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. A joy to go to work in the mornings.
A good company to start your career
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2014
If you're new to Canada, you should probably start browsing for a job with Robert Half company. They have a huge bank of vacations, and will find a position that would be the right fit for you.
Well designed business model, good training and HR policies
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 7, 2014
A great place to work if you want to get into recruiting. Great training, good business model, great differentiating factors from competition, growth based on meritocracy.
Professional and Helpful
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto,OntarioOctober 4, 2014
Pros: opportunities and great team of recruiters
Cons: wish i wasn't temp as i would like to work for them direct
Ok folks we have a wonderful team coming out of the Toronto branch that are the best of the best. Professional and helpful beyond this company will help you advance and will also provide training by way of online courses. I have the utmost respect for these folks as they are doing there job and helping others with some great opportunities. Would work for this company again and enjoy the team - just the best. Rochelle
Busy and Fun office
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: downtown location, easy to get to customers meetings
Cons: long hour and high turnaround
I enjoyed working at RHT.
New challenges every day and it keeps you busy
Productive and fun
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Administrative/ReceptionistAugust 26, 2014
They help you find work easily, and quickly always placing you in an environment that works best for your professional needs.
Exceptional Professionalism
Law Clerk/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Burlington, ONAugust 14, 2014
Robert Half is a temporary placement agency. I have been placed with some very good companies, where I have been able to learn a lot about various company cultures and picking up very valuable skills and information that I never knew before. That is the best part of the job. Also, when a contract has ended, I leave each company on good terms, with solid contacts should I ever need to call on them for references, charitable donations/sponsorship ect. The management team at Robert Half are very helpful, always ready to get me on assignments.
Fraudulent jobs, loooooow pay, accusatory placement people
Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaAugust 10, 2014
Cons: low pay, dishonest, throw you under the bus and then ignore you
Bad experience with OT. Jobs on the internet DO NOT EXIST. Worked at one placement for low pay and was fired and accused of theft.
Best Company
Account receivable agent and collector (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 8, 2014
Will organized. and punctual,
one of the hardest part of the job is that when you gut only temporary assignment
Best thing in working with them is when they trust you, you ll be in top of the list
Had Interview
Tech Support with Compu Com (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: thieves, rip off
Robert Half is a thief employment agency. They rip off the employees. I had interview for a technical support position and I had to sign a contract for one year with Robert Half and the pay was $13.00/hr. Another employment agency the same position were paying $15.00/hr. I guess the actual pay was $17.00/hr.
Loved working from home office
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONAugust 1, 2014
I was solely responsible for all the administrative and accounting related work as I work from home. I enjoyed being the part of MCFCF though for short period of time because I got to learn that new ways of helping the world direct from my home. My typical day at work started 9am in the morning. The first thing I did was created a worksheet of important tasks that need to be dealt with for example dead line for payments and bank withdrawals, mailing tax receipts and other important documents. Although working from home I am very organized. The hardest part of the job is to make those important phone calls where they put you on hold for hours.
Productive Fun and Good Team Environment
Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga OntarioJuly 26, 2014
Pros: teamwork/learning process
Cons: activities diminished toward end of contract
My Typical Day at work was busy on some days and other quite no constant.
I learned to Configure IP Phones/Time Clocks/Red Button Alarms/LPDA/PDAS/Radio Frequencies/Wireless Devices/Routers/Cabling/Various Operating Systems/Different Software.
All Co-Workers were nice and helpful.
Trying to keep up with all the work and Timing Myself.
The team the people at work and the learning process that came with the Job. The Team made the job more pleasant and encouraged me to learn everything on the Job.
A good start for a newcomer like me.
Contractual Tax Assistant (Current Employee), CalgaryJuly 22, 2014
Pros: proximity of workplace
Cons: not a permanent job
Im learning a lot about Canadian Taxation laws.
My co-workers are friendly and very accommodating.
I receive holiday pay even if Im assigned on a contractual basis.
Staff Support/Recruiter
Staffing Sales Support / Recruiter (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 7, 2014
- gained staffing on-boarding experience
- IT Recruitment experience
No loyalty at all
Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Ontario CanadaJune 19, 2014
Pros: nice title and that is it
Cons: culture, no loyalty
Robert Half is not a very loyal company to work for. Too many lines of business calling in to the same companies looking to sell their services. I have friends who have been bombarded by all of their divisions and will not use them at all. Very high turnover rate internally and support for growth is minimal. Very little praise or recognition for job well done, yet when things don't well you hear about it immediately.

1 2 3 4 5

About Robert Half

Robert Half International carries the full load of personnel services. The company places temporary and permanent staff through – Read more